Old 01-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

P1, Week 7, Day 1 - checking back in...just back from WI and down 4 pounds. This was having gone to the gym twice during week 6, and burning 300 and 500 calories at each work out - of course that is according to my monitor which I understand is bound to be inaccurate/non-precise. I also limited my restricted over the week.

I plan to maybe add another work out, totaling three, for this current week, and will check back in!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #17  

I signed up for a class at the Y, so my workouts will be pretty consistent. Here is my experience. Without working out, I see consistent weight losses (but for my mental health, I need to do something).

The workout: Tuesday night -2 mile run, immediately before a 45 minute TRX class.

Week 1: No change to the IP diet = very small loss the day after, Wed had weight gain, Thur no change, Fri started loosing weight again.

Week 2: Normal IP diet + 1 extra packet (bar) before the workout = normal loss the next day, Wed was no change, Thur was a small loss, Fri was back to normal loss.

Week 3: Normal IP diet, + 1 protein shake pre-and post workout = good loss the next day, Wed was a normal loss, Thur was no gain or loss.

The protein shake: ON Gold Standard, 1 scoop = 120 cal, 3g carbs, 24g protein so I didn't feel too horrible going off the prescribed list. I got it at GNC - which is a little weird going into - because I'm not a gym rat/muscle-head kinda guy, who eats creatine by the fistful. However, those guys usually have low body fat, so...if it works for them, maybe they are on to something.

Last edited by atxf4i; 01-15-2016 at 08:41 AM.
atxf4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

ATXF4I- Do you workout in the morning? Are you saying that you took 2 extra packets in Week 3? I have always added the extra packet post-WO, and usually just eat a few eggs whites pre. Maybe I will try adding a packet pre-WO. Although, I haven't had any issues with losses following my plan...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxf4i View Post
I signed up for a class at the Y, so my workouts will be pretty consistent. Here is my experience. Without working out, I see consistent weight losses (but for my mental health, I need to do something).

The workout: Tuesday night -2 mile run, immediately before a 45 minute TRX class.

Week 1: No change to the IP diet = very small loss the day after, Wed had weight gain, Thur no change, Fri started loosing weight again.

Week 2: Normal IP diet + 1 extra packet (bar) before the workout = normal loss the next day, Wed was no change, Thur was a small loss, Fri was back to normal loss.

Week 3: Normal IP diet, + 1 protein shake pre-and post workout = good loss the next day, Wed was a normal loss....can't wait to see what tomorrow brings on the scale.

The protein shake: ON Gold Standard, 1 scoop = 120 cal, 3g carbs, 24g protein so I didn't feel too horrible going off the prescribed list. I got it at GNC - which is a little weird going into - because I'm not a gym rat/muscle-head kinda guy, who eats creatine by the fistful. However, those guys usually have low body fat, so...if it works for them, maybe they are on to something.
Thanks for doing this. I play tennis three days a week for 90 minutes. Have been taking 1/2 shake before and my breakfast after. Will now watch. May need to have the other half through the day. So far my weight loss has been good but bears watching.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #20  

@Jennidoodle - Right now, these workouts have been after work - so at night. In week 3, I did have 2 extra protein shakes - a pretty close equivalent to a IP Shake (I just didn't have enough IP mixes) and only on the day I worked out. Rest of the week was by the book.
atxf4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

So I finally did my first Orange Theory fitness workout yesterday. Burned 432 cals and was in orange for 21 minutes, and red for 3. I also had brown rice sushi last night. Today, I lost 1.5 pounds in ONE DAY. Suffice it to say, I'm going back today hahaha!
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I just got to goal and starting phase 3 tomorrow. I couldn't handle it all at first, so I started with light walking around September and then added (slowly increasing) runs in December when very close to goal. Now running 2.5 miles about 3-4 times per week and still working up. It doesn't all have to be NOW. Just do your best. :-)
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

My coach said only weight lifting or walking briskly (aka any exercise that allows you to carry on a conversation while doing it) so your heart rate doesn't get too high/burn off muscle instead of fat. At least that is what I got out of it lol!
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
My coach said only weight lifting or walking briskly (aka any exercise that allows you to carry on a conversation while doing it) so your heart rate doesn't get too high/burn off muscle instead of fat. At least that is what I got out of it lol!
That's exactly the advice my coach gave me.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

If you do some digging around here on the forums, you will see that there are people who exercise and those who don't. The decision is purely up to you. I chose to exercise throughout my IP journey and it did not affect me negatively in any way. However, I was an avid exerciser long before I found IP. If you haven't been a regular exerciser for at least 6 months prior to starting IP, you probably should start slow.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

I was really surprised when IP coach told me not to exercise. I assumed it would be incorporated into the changes we were making (lifestyle change). Because this is all well and good, but eventually I will be in phase 3 and then off IP & back in the real world where I will need something to keep the weight from coming back now that I'm not in ketosis.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 249/243/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
I was really surprised when IP coach told me not to exercise. I assumed it would be incorporated into the changes we were making (lifestyle change). Because this is all well and good, but eventually I will be in phase 3 and then off IP & back in the real world where I will need something to keep the weight from coming back now that I'm not in ketosis.
Completely agree. Even I was surprised when my coach has asked me not to work out. Incorporating exercise is very important for lifestyle change. I am going to wait until I finish my 1st two weeks and then start working out anyway.
uday029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 155/137/130

Height: 5'6"

Before I started IP I did a daily 3 mile run/walk, I'm still doing it but am noticing that I don't feel very well later in the day.
My coach didn't tell me to take in an additional packet, but I will be giving that a try! Anyone else have any tips?
Pamalama66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamalama66 View Post
Before I started IP I did a daily 3 mile run/walk, I'm still doing it but am noticing that I don't feel very well later in the day.
My coach didn't tell me to take in an additional packet, but I will be giving that a try! Anyone else have any tips?
Pamalama - I was not willing to give up exercise during P1. My coach put me on the Alternative Plan (and official IP program developed for diabetics) on the days that I worked out. I essentially got to eat a grain, a dairy and a fruit, throughout the day, but separately, not all together. I would usually have a piece of Ezekiel sprouted grain toast in the morning, a little feta on my salad, and maybe a piece of fruit, but we rarely had fruit in the house, so I sometimes skipped that. I think the Alternative Plan sheet is probably in the Sticky posts somewhere. If not I can try to find it for you.

Also, there's lots of discussion about IP and Exercise here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Last edited by Lynn Margaret; 04-04-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I am not willing to stop exercising either. I worked out my first stint on IP. I went from 144-118 in 9 weeks.
It did not slow my losses. I actually maintained muscle tone and my legs looked amazeballs when I was done. I was ripped...This diet ate up all my fat, and due to working out I kept the muscle. Many Bodybuilders follow a similar diet to IP in the cutting phase. They eat protein, Protein shakes and low carb veggies and bars....

Did anyone watch Tamaras journey on the Real Housewives of the OC? She wasn't drinking alcohol and eating salads and chicken during her last 2 months pre-competition.... and she was working out much harder than I can lol....

I am on Day 2 and Im not in ketosis, I don't think.... and I did a crazy workout last night and went down 2 lbs this morning, water weight

I think its possible to workout in P1... just know ur limits and feel yourself out.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote