Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #361  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Joy & Cactusblossom!

The first 4 -5 days are not real fun, but Joy is right, once you get past that it's much better. The hunger goes away and you feel pretty energetic.

Sorry about the female competition - I honestly don't get it - we need to stick together!

My weigh-in day is tomorrow, but I cheated a little and checked this morning - looks like I am down about 9 pounds after 2 weeks - I am happy with that!

Any idea what has happened to the forum here? It used to be so active! Maybe IP is less popular now? I used to love our 50+ forum, but I see it buried way down the list now...
Old 08-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #362  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

HI All!

Lizzy, I'm not sure about the 50 and Fab, although I really enjoyed that one as well. Shall we resurrect it?

I'm doing fine. The weekend was good. I had 2 friends come and stay with me. Each of them has her own "special" diet. (gluten-free, lactose free, no carb, no this, no that..) We all worked out very well together, cooking and eating our own foods, but cooking together our very healthy dinners! The company made my first "back to P1 weekend" go very pleasanty.

I'm down 7 pounds since last Wednesday. I know a lot is water weight, but I'm beginning to feel much better. I really enjoy eating this way!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! It's my first week of classes, so I'm excited to meet new students and get started!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Wow, classes already Joy? Nobody goes back to class before the Labour Day long weekend holiday in our part of Canada.... first day is Sept 6th. Nice to see you all back, gals!

Liana
Old 08-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #364  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Everyone sounds great! I am doing well also. Missed posting yesterday - kind of a yucky day at work and I am trying not to let it bother me.

Woo-Hoo Joy - that's terrific! Keep up the great work!

Waving Hi to Liana and Lizzie! Its so nice to have a place to chat. I am really glad you are all here!

Have a great day and evening
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #365  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi All!

Yes, Liana, I grew up in NY and we never started before Labor Day. Very strange to start in August , but we're out by mid May here so it evens out.

Today was my first day of classes. Once again, I needed an additional bar today. I usually need a bar between two active classes at 10:45-11. I remember the first time I did IP. On the first day of class I nearly fainted in my 11 class. I had to excuse myself and go to my office and eat a bar. It was very strange. Now I just keep one with me and eat it in between those classes. I know I could eat more at breakfast time, but one of those RTD Chocolate drinks hits the spot with me in the morning. I guess we all just figure out what works for us!

Hope everybody's having a good day. My scale continues to move in the right direction. These first 20 pounds came on very fast. I'm hoping that they will leave me pretty quickly.

Hi to all! Good to see you Cactus and Lizzy!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #366  

Hi Joy and Lizzy and Liana and anyone else out there!

Joy - you are doing great! I will weigh on Friday and I am excited

Just cruising along - today is my daughter's 15th bday and though we (they) are having cake, I am good. We are just a family of 3 and my DH has severe health issues (dialysis etc), so they understand. I saw the mention of a Lean Bar "Vanilla Birthday Cake" listed on the Facebook site, so I might check that out! Though I am doing well - everything has tasted good and I am happy so far

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-24-2016, 04:40 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'3"

Lost 70 lbs the first time around, gained back 50 lbs. Here we go again.
Week 5 - down 9 lbs.
It's slow, but I'm going to hope for the best.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #368  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Hi All,

I guess technically I'm a rebooter... if a 2 year break counts? I restarted the program this Monday and forgot how to die for the chocolate drink mix is! I've been eating a lot of cucumbers to help fill the belly... I had been doing low carb moderate fat on my own since January, but I fell off my program in July and seriously struggled for the first 3 weeks of August to get back on track. So I figure IP will get me to a good place without the carbs and will definitely help with portion control. I weighed in Saturday - but didn't start until Monday this week. So far so good. It is challenging as I have to be gluten free and there aren't that many choices available to me but I make them work.

I've got 93 pounds to go, but I think I will just focus on the next 40 with IP and then reevaluate. I am hoping the weight comes off fast, I'm tired of having nothing to wear! I've got a decent wardrobe in size 16 waiting on me.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #369  
Started IP 6/14/12

Welcome Madfatand22 and Kat. We're in this for the long haul. I know I am. And we can do it!

Cactus! How lovely to have a 15-yr old in the house! Enjoy it!

I hear you, Kat, about the clothes. I got rid of a lot of my larger sizes when I lost the weight a few years ago. I've had to buy clothes in sizes that I don't intend on staying in, but I need to wear something! So I bought some clothes, but I know that I'm just "passing through" and after this fall season, I'll be back in the great clothes I bought when I had lost my weight. Ah well! At least I know I'm doing something about it and that feels very good!

Have a great evening!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #370  

Joysh: That is what I am doing too with the clothes. I found these pretty decent pants on a website called woman within. they are the wide leg ponte knit. They change the prices all the time but if you watch you can get them as low as $27 a pair. I finally gave in and bought 3 pair for work. Of course all black - that's my "uniform". I will admit I am still wearing shirts that are ridiculously big - I keep thinking 20 more pounds and I will have a few dresses and skirts to wear - but I realized I might have to give in and get a couple of shirts for work. Weekends aren't bad. I have really cheap cotton knit shorts from Walmart ($5 bucks!) and a few cheap tshirts (4 bucks!).

I had dropped 130 pounds - got rid of everything as I lost weight because "I was never going to weigh that much again!" Consequently I had problems with the anti-depressant I was using and I put 65 pounds back on. Then last September I was put on steroids for Rheumatoid arthritis and gained another 40 - so total I was back up 100 pounds.

So here I am continuing the journey of relosing.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:09 PM   #371  
Started IP 6/14/12

Kat, I hear you and I'm with you. But at least we are doing something about it. Right now it's hard but we both know that in 2 months we'll be well on our way.

I think I'm going to have to buy a few more things tomorrow. This was my first week at school and I alternated 2 pairs of pants and one skirt. I need at least one more outfit. Darn.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #372  

Hi everyone,

I was offline a few days, but doing fine. I am down -11 lbs my first week! I need to update my info here. I will post a little more regularly starting tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
Old 08-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #373  

Excellent for you CactusBlossom!!! What a great motivator for your first week! Keep with the program and it will show you results! My first weigh in was Saturday and I dropped 5 pounds for the first week. (I snuck onto the scale this morning and it went back up 2 pounds though... grrrrr)

Joy I completely understand. I've got 3 pairs of black pants and one pair of brown and I struggle to find 5 tops in the closet that aren't 4 sizes to small or 6 sizes too big and tent-like. I've been resorting to the tank tops I have with those open lightweight cardigans over them.

I wish my scale was more consistent - I followed IP to the letter Saturday and Sunday - why would the scale go up 2 pounds? It feels very defeating.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #374  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi All,

Well into the second week and I haven't lost any more yet. Kat, I feel you here.

But I know that we just have to stick with it. If we do, the weight will come off. We've seen it before and we'll do it again.

The scale goes up and down and down and up and down.

Cactusblossom! That's terrific! Great job!

Have great week, everyone!

Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 PM   #375  
Emporium owner

S/C/G: 265/179/160

I started IP almost 2 years ago, lost 90 quit and gained back 30 over a year. I started back in on a full phase 1 program one week ago and passed through the energy slump, the hunger phase and am feeling pretty good now. It looks like I lost 5Lbs for the first week. I want to take this all the way to the finish line, what got me off tack last time was the tedious nature despite obvious progress, I should have well under a half year of phase 1 if I do it right and I have proven I can go at least a year. New start date Aug 22 2016
Closed Thread