Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
that is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

i too am in ketosis... have to pick up some more keto stix tomorrow and everytime I get the urge to stop by a MENCHIES frozen yogurt store, I think of what the keto stik will say... it will say YOU BLEW IT, YOU ARE NOW NOT IN KETOSIS hahaha

that is enough to change my mind
Way to go, LOSINGFORGOOD2010... good motivation, listening to those little stix...

I have some great new motivation... just found out today... called my son to say happy birthday & he told me they (he, my daughter-in-law, & my grandson) are planning to come for a visit either spring break or after school is out for the summer... best news I can think of... they live in Michigan & I live in Texas, so it's a big deal to make the trip... I'd like to hear them say, look, Grandmom is itty-bitty!.. so I'm more determined than ever to be a successful re-booter...

Old 01-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Way to go, LOSINGFORGOOD2010... good motivation, listening to those little stix...

I have some great new motivation... just found out today... called my son to say happy birthday & he told me they (he, my daughter-in-law, & my grandson) are planning to come for a visit either spring break or after school is out for the summer... best news I can think of... they live in Michigan & I live in Texas, so it's a big deal to make the trip... I'd like to hear them say, look, Grandmom is itty-bitty!.. so I'm more determined than ever to be a successful re-booter...

awwwwwwwwwww so sweet!!!!! btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Old 01-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
awwwwwwwwwww so sweet!!!!! btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Thanks, but it's not my b-day, it's my son's... 41st... how did that happen?.. wasn't he just a baby not too long ago?...

Old 01-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #49  

Quote:
Thanks, but it's not my b-day, it's my son's... 41st... how did that happen?.. wasn't he just a baby not too long ago?...

Those moments go too fast and we realize it when they are grown...
Old 01-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #50  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Aunt Sheshie, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Can't believe my two beautiful daughters are 40. My youngest turns 40 next month. But it sure is great to have them and watch them as parents!

And now, my news: Just finished week one and I'm down 6 pounds! It's a good running start and I'm good with it! Onward!!

Have a great day and a great week, everyone!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Aunt Sheshie, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Can't believe my two beautiful daughters are 40. My youngest turns 40 next month. But it sure is great to have them and watch them as parents!

And now, my news: Just finished week one and I'm down 6 pounds! It's a good running start and I'm good with it! Onward!!

Have a great day and a great week, everyone!
Great news, joysh!!!.. you really are off to a good start...

Hard to believe I'm on Day 10 of my reboot... it's been easier this time than the last 3 or 4 times I tried to restart... I think it's because I didn't give up carbs altogether cold turkey... I started by giving up wheat, which was my worst addiction... I remember that's what I did the first time I did IP 6 years ago... then, once I was over the withdrawal from wheat, the rest of the carbs were easier to cut back on... come to think of it, I really didn't eat that many carbs other than wheat products, so I guess I really did almost quit them cold turkey... anyway, I don't know how many lbs. I've lost in the past 10 days, but I feel like I've lost something... my pants are looser in the waist & I don't have chipmunk cheeks quite so bad now... it's a good feeling!..

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 01-25-2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 01-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #52  

Quote:
Great news, joysh!!!.. you really are off to a good start...

Hard to believe I'm on Day 10 of my reboot... it's been easier this time than the last 3 or 4 times I tried to restart... I think it's because I didn't give up carbs altogether cold turkey... I started by giving up wheat, which was my worst addition... I remember that's what I did the first time I did IP 6 years ago... then, once I was over the withdrawal from wheat, the rest of the carbs were easier to cut back on... come to think of it, I really didn't eat that many carbs other than wheat products, so I guess I really did almost quit them cold turkey... anyway, I don't know how many lbs. I've lost in the past 10 days, but I feel like I've lost something... my pants are looser in the waist & I don't have chipmunk cheeks quite so bad now... it's a good feeling!..

that is the BEST feeling ... how you feel and how your clothes are fitting
Old 01-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 242.9/213/163

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Starting over

Ughgh STarting again! lost originally 80 pounds dec. 2014...kept 60 off until October...since then pounds slowly have piled back on... I've gained another 40..so total gain back 60 pounds. So disappointed in myself. I have tons of product here in the house and I could have started back up months ago but "waited for the holidays to be over"....they were over a month ago and I still couldn't get back on the wagon. Started up 1/26 and feel good physically however I need encouragement to keep on track again.
I figure if I can stay the course I will lose the 60 or even a great part of that by July. I averaged 2.5 lbs per week total in the 8 months it took me to lose 80...but the first 50 I lost in 4 months...it took 4 months to lose the last 30...a tad longer.
Hardest part is getting back to drinking soooo much water. I love water however was down in ounces and had been indulging in coke zero as my treat once a day...(although some days I skipped)
hope i can do this.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Down another 3 lbs today I originally lost on IP in 2011, but did not phase off properly. ugh. Reboots have been many, but this one has lasted 4 weeks & I feel I am good to go! Have a great day
Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning

Down another 3 lbs today I originally lost on IP in 2011, but did not phase off properly. ugh. Reboots have been many, but this one has lasted 4 weeks & I feel I am good to go! Have a great day
Nice job! 11 pounds in 1 month...very steady pace. Glad to hear your reboot is going well. I have a hard time with the 3 kids and hubby always wanting the weekend friday night pizza,chips comfort food. I used to just bypass this by getting a salad with chicken and used no dressing...It was fine and I got used to it. The chips kill me...sooo tempting. I can pass on brownies, cakes and sweets but the salty chips.. my downfall.
last time i lost 80 i was 8 mos OP and didn't cheat once, not once. hoping i can do this again.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #56  

Quote:
Good Morning

Great job! I remember you from the first time I did IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae5 View Post
Ughgh STarting again! lost originally 80 pounds dec. 2014...kept 60 off until October...since then pounds slowly have piled back on... I've gained another 40..so total gain back 60 pounds. So disappointed in myself. I have tons of product here in the house and I could have started back up months ago but "waited for the holidays to be over"....they were over a month ago and I still couldn't get back on the wagon. Started up 1/26 and feel good physically however I need encouragement to keep on track again.
I figure if I can stay the course I will lose the 60 or even a great part of that by July. I averaged 2.5 lbs per week total in the 8 months it took me to lose 80...but the first 50 I lost in 4 months...it took 4 months to lose the last 30...a tad longer.
Hardest part is getting back to drinking soooo much water. I love water however was down in ounces and had been indulging in coke zero as my treat once a day...(although some days I skipped)
hope i can do this.
Same thing happened to me. I did IP in early 2012 and lost 50lbs. I didn't phase off either. just decided one day I was done and went back to old habits. Eventually the weight came back on and I found I had gained it all back and then some. 20 weeks into my second round and I'm finally back to where I was when I quit the first time. It's a good reminder for me that 1) it took a long time to get here and do it all over again 2) I need to phase of properly this time 3) I need to be more conscious about my food choices in maintenance 4) I shouldn't wait too long before rebooting when I need it 5) I'm going to have a scream weight, so I know that I won't let myself get past that point and I MUST do Phase 1.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Great job! I remember you from the first time I did IP!

Same thing happened to me. I did IP in early 2012 and lost 50lbs. I didn't phase off either. just decided one day I was done and went back to old habits. Eventually the weight came back on and I found I had gained it all back and then some. 20 weeks into my second round and I'm finally back to where I was when I quit the first time. It's a good reminder for me that 1) it took a long time to get here and do it all over again 2) I need to phase of properly this time 3) I need to be more conscious about my food choices in maintenance 4) I shouldn't wait too long before rebooting when I need it 5) I'm going to have a scream weight, so I know that I won't let myself get past that point and I MUST do Phase 1.
thx for your input. gives me hope that i can continue... i hear you about the scream weight...the last 7 weeks i have totally ignored the scale and i think i'm up 20 pounds just in that short period of time!! i hurt my back, something i had never done before, and i was unable to move for a few weeks. now i am feeling a bit better but i was "comforting" my back ache with yummy foods and even though i don't eat in between meals my meal choices were not the adequate ones. when i am alone i am good and don't think too much about eating nor temptations, but when everyone is around the house and they are all talking about how hungry they are, (growing teens, and hubby ) then family meals on Sunday's football season...it makes it really hard. Thx for ur support
Old 01-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #58  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae5 View Post
..Started up 1/26 and feel good physically however I need encouragement to keep on track again...Hardest part is getting back to drinking soooo much water.
hope i can do this.
Quote:
Good Morning...Down another 3 lbs today ... Reboots have been many, but this one has lasted 4 weeks & I feel I am good to go! Have a great day
Quote:
Great job! I remember you from the first time I did IP!......It's a good reminder for me that 1) it took a long time to get here and do it all over again 2) I need to phase of properly this time 3) I need to be more conscious about my food choices in maintenance 4) I shouldn't wait too long before rebooting when I need it 5) I'm going to have a scream weight, so I know that I won't let myself get past that point and I MUST do Phase 1.
HI Mae, Bellamack, and Mamacitaof2! I also remember you all. I'm back on a reboot to lose 25 pounds. I'm a week and a half into it and have already lost 7, which feels great!

My coach said this to me last time I was on a reboot: When we get a haircut, it grows again and we get another haircut. When we wear our clothes, they get dirty and need to be washed. This is "upkeep." When we lose weight, especially if we've been overweight for many years, we need occasional reboots as upkeep. She tells me never to be ashamed but to be proud that I have the courage to come back and do my "upkeep." This is what I always this about when I'm doing yet another reboot.

Seems to work for me.

BTW - Mamacita, A scream weight is really good. It worked for me for a while, although when I'm "off program" - really off-program and know that I'm eating and gaining, I don't really want to get on the scale until I know I'm getting back on IP.

Best of luck to you all! -- And me too!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #59  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Hello All!
I hope you don't mind if I join in on the reboot. I see some familiar names! (waves) This will be my 3rd round and by Goddess, something has to click and stick this time! I waited too long to come back and sadly in 2 years, put it all back on (and maybe more, not sure, haven't stepped on the scale yet)
I will be starting back on February 4th, and I have the odd tug-of-war going on my my head.. 'oh, going to start soon, go get all the stuff you know you can't have and enjoy now!' .. and the 'don't be silly, why add the extra when it takes twice as long to get rid of it?'

There are things I have noticed about myself, yes, I am an emotional eater. Yes, I am a carb addict, if I can put something between two slices of bread, I will.. it's the perfect food! I don't listen to that little voice that says 'you're full' if I think I will miss out on something delicious, like dessert. I think this comes from when I was a kid. 5 of us at home, limited income and if I didn't have my dessert when everyone else was , one of my sisters often would eat it (I am the youngest)
my goodness, I have rambled on. So, Hello everyone and I hope to be more than a fly on the wall and contribute here. I look forward to getting to know this amazing group again.

Addy.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:28 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
1) it took a long time to get here and do it all over again 2) I need to phase of properly this time 3) I need to be more conscious about my food choices in maintenance 4) I shouldn't wait too long before rebooting when I need it 5) I'm going to have a scream weight, so I know that I won't let myself get past that point and I MUST do Phase 1.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. This.

Closed Thread