Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

Hope that you are having an easy IP day.

Jennymo, welcome back! Just take it one meal at a time, soon you will be adding up the clean eating days and watching the pounds drop off.

Joysh, glad that you were able to get on the FB page. I am really excited that she is coming out with a maintenance cookbook in August.

KellyC, brave girl to head back to your coach! Maybe you just needed a bit more accountability.

As for me, I am having a terrible TOM. Maybe this explains the scale slow down. Ugh!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #227  

Three weeks into this diet and so far lost 12.6 pounds! Yay my clothes are a little looser! I am going to a concert on Tuesday and trying to decide if I should join my friends with some drinks before the show.......... maybe one.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #228  

Beegee, those are fantastic results! Keep working it chard.

As for me, I am down 4 pounds- 1 pound from goal! Yahoo!!!
Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #229  

Slipfree thanks! One pound from goal!!! Yay!!! That is so great!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 01:55 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies. Well things are not good for me. I have been tryimg to get back on IP for over a year and just cant do it. I even lasted 40 days last summer but then I slip and sprial out of control.
I took my mother shoppinf for mothers day..tried some clothes and felt like crying. Looked like a whale in everything...somdepressed to be in size 14 when I was in size 6 last march.
Every day i am good all day but then in the afternoon my head says..you know have what you want today...my famest last super speech...and then start tomorrow.
I cant sllep at night because of carb overload...so here i am again...
I know i can do it..i know it works...i jut need to do it...i wish i could turn off that demon inside...
Soory to be such a downer...hoping to check in daily and this time make it through the day tomorrow and keep going!
Old 05-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Oh, Loser13. So glad to see you are back! You can do this. First step was getting in touch with us again - your 'support group.' Focus on your keeping to plan for most of the day - this is a victory too! Now work on the one afternoon at a time. Have a plan for when that feeling hits - some distraction that gets you away from the food areas in your home/work. We are rooting for you and know you will be back in your 6's again. Today is a fresh start!
We are listening for ya!

Liana
Old 05-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #232  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Hello ladies. Well things are not good for me. I have been tryimg to get back on IP for over a year and just cant do it. I even lasted 40 days last summer but then I slip and sprial out of control.
Hey Loser13,

I just wanted to say "You're not alone!" I too lost a lot of weight the first time on IP. I maintained for a year and then I started dating, got married, and started to gain weight. I gained it all back over the course of 5 years.

So, life happens and then you get back on the program that works and start fresh. I know I tried numerous times to reboot as the weight slowly came back on. This time- almost 5 years to the day that I started the first time, I'm back into the swing and losing just as quickly as I did on round 1.

As for that "little voice" that steers you off course, try telling it that you want to try something different today- and not give in to old habits. Do something else that makes you feel good. Make a list of those things so that you can refer to it when needed.

You've done this before, you can do it again.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #233  

Loser13 and MOvington, Welcome back! Getting back into the swing of protocol is half the battle.

My reboot is coming to an end, down 25 pounds and back into size 8s! It was hard, but my slide really taught me something about maintainance- it takes constant work forever.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the support ladies. I did not make it through the day. I have a wedding today so yesterday my voice told me it was useless to start today. It is ok. I will come back here everyday. I know i will have good news.
I am not looking forward to this wedding. Not many people have seen the fat new me....and i so hate being the one talked about...yes we have that kind of people in my husbands family....specialy two sister in laws who are mean....but it is ok...i will turn this around...i know i can get rid of these carb cravings...i jus have to want it bad enough...i have to stop whinig about it...get off my butt and DO IT....by coming here every day i know i can do it....
Slipfree congrats to you! Back to size 8! You are right ...it is work to stay where we are (were for me) but being healthy is worth....so is looking goood and being confident...which i am not at the moment.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #235  

Loser13, hope today was a better day. 3 years ago, I started IP and had to go to a wedding on my fourth day. I ate only the steak. Wedding are tough on Phase 1.

Still have one pesky pound to drop, so Phase 1 again this week! The scale can be so frustrating.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Thanks for the support ladies. I did not make it through the day. I have a wedding today so yesterday my voice told me it was useless to start today. It is ok. I will come back here everyday. I know i will have good news.
I am not looking forward to this wedding. Not many people have seen the fat new me....and i so hate being the one talked about...yes we have that kind of people in my husbands family....specialy two sister in laws who are mean....but it is ok...i will turn this around...i know i can get rid of these carb cravings...i jus have to want it bad enough...i have to stop whinig about it...get off my butt and DO IT....by coming here every day i know i can do it....
Slipfree congrats to you! Back to size 8! You are right ...it is work to stay where we are (were for me) but being healthy is worth....so is looking goood and being confident...which i am not at the moment.
I'm right here with you!! We can do this!! I understand what you are saying when you say, not many people have seen the fat new me! I am feeling the same way. I want to get back into the clothes in my closet and then smaller!! I know we can do it. I think that may be part of the problem, I have the faulty thinking, warped dialogue going on in my head...it's like I know IP works, so I think that I can eat what I want and start tomorrow!! The proverbial tomorrow!! But in the meantime my clothes are getting tighter and tighter!!! WE CAN DO THIS!! we HAVE done it!! We got this!!

Slip, good job getting back into your 8s!!!! Here's to a wonderful week ladies!!!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Loser13 and Kellyc14 I have been doing the exact same thing you are both talking about for the past year now. I wish I had so magic or wisdom to help others start back on there weight loss journey, but truthfully it has taken me feeling absolutely awful and depressed after get so close to my beginning weight to say enough is enough, no more excuses cause if I want this the only one who can do it is me. I don't yet have any inspiration to share as I only just started back at it last Friday. But please anyone struggling after putting weight back on after previous success, YOU ARE NOT ALONE and we are here to both support you while dieting but also if you just need support

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-16-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #238  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Slipfree!! Congratulations! How wonderful!!!!! Way to go!!

Hi everybody! HI Monica! Good for you for coming back here!

Loser13 and Kellyc14 , you can do it!!! We all can!!!

My news: I've been here in Syracuse visiting my daughter and her family (grandkids ages 3 and 7) and my daughter and dear SIL are so wonderful and supportive. They have been sure I have my dinner protein and vegetables. Yesterday evening we went to a friend's house for a huge pizza party. My son in law bought me a steak and cooked it so I would have something to eat! There were plenty of green salads that people had brought, and I had a lovely dinner of steak and salad!

Hopefully I will have a good loss when I get home to weigh in!

All is very well! I'm happy it's summer and I'll start swimming again.

Best regards to all of you!

Last edited by joysh; 05-16-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi Everyone! Great job everyone for staying strong. I'm still going as well and I'm on day 26. I'm losing slowly but feeling strong and much more confident. There is a lot of action on the site tonight so I'm responding to possibly this thread or another and I'm a little tired so bear with me as I ramble on a few topics. I did arms/chest tonight at the gym and typing is even something I need to concentrate to do right now. For me as I've said before, I had a hard time cheating for many months and didn't lose anything until I set a goal of 60 days - with a countdown on my phone - this small action actually motivated me to stay strong for some strange reason - so you have to find what works for you. In another thread it was asking what your go-to meal is and mine right now is zucchini noodles and ground turkey with light sugar free sauce of some sort. I also like steak and zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodles are just a big part of my life right now. I'm encouraged to see so many new people writing in here - please keep writing because it is so encouraging to read and keeps me strong day-to-day. Even though I'm in a ketosis high right now and feeling strong, I know a cheat is right around the corner if I don't stick to my goal. Stay strong everyone. We can do it!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #240  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Loser, Kelly, Monica...hang in there. I am right there with you. Restarting is SO. HARD. One thing that kept me going the first time around was the thought that "well the time is going to pass anyway...I might as well make the most of it." And that has really rung true. I think a lot of where I would be now if I had just started and stuck with it in January. So many "what if"s and "if I had just"s. But none of that matters now, we're in the present.

I'm determine to have an OP week. I went a bit off the rails on Sunday, with a friend in town. I bargained with myself that I could have one meal without rules, and now I'm back up two pounds. I know it's just water, but I need to stop trying to get around the rules.

Did pretty well yesterday, had a bite of something I shouldn't have. I need to make sure dinners are ready when I get home. Afternoons are my weak time.

But anyway, this thread got me through a lot of tough spots and I've left and come back, and left again and come back again. And my weight and will power has reflected that up and down pattern. Keep coming here and posting. We can do it!
Closed Thread