Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 178/142/130

Height: 5'6"

Slipfree:

Proud of you that you got through St. Patrick's Day. Life has so many challenges!

Day 4 so far, is going well! I met friends for lunch and had a salad with Phase 1 approved veggies and grilled chicken. I passed up on the bread which looked delicious!

Tonight, I made a big dinner because we are having guests. I made a lasagna, a large salad and I even baked brownies! I will make sure that the only thing that I eat is the salad. I'm going to think like Miwi, another person on this thread, that the brownies and everything not in Phase 1 is poison.

Good luck to all the rebooters!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:57 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

KellyC.- congrats on a great 1 week weigh in!

Susie, awesome willpower, girl! I make different food for myself so that I do not feel deprived when I am with company. It is hard to explain but I have reached the point after 3 years (Phase 1 or maintenance) that I just do not care what people think.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Slipfree - I feel the same way. I eat and drink what is right for me, sometimes I indulge and other times I know I have reached my limit and cannot do the same as others. I don't know even bother attempting to justify what I do anymore.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-19-2016, 01:01 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 245/seetracker/155

Height: 5'11

Hi all!

Was here about this time last year and losing on IP but got pregnant! Now that everything is going well it's time to lose my baby weight! I have about 100lbs to lose to get to my ideal weight of 160. I start Monday and I am looking forward to this journey again :-)
Old 03-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #140  

Thought this quote was perfect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 178/142/130

Height: 5'6"

6 days down! This is the longest I've gone since my first time on IP. I've had numerous reboot attempts, but nothing has lasted past 3 days. No doubt, this is a very hard, strict diet.

To be 100% honest, I have been 98% good on IP these last 6 days. I've used regular salad dressing on my salads, had an extra protein serving one day and had a few sips of my daughter's milkshake. This is all still way better than I've been for months!

The weekends have always been harder for me than the weekdays. My family is all home and it seems like they eat non stop. No one in my family is overweight. My boys are athletes and my husband is in very good physical shape. We also tend to eat out more on the weekends. I've been very tempted by the chips, breads and sweets that are all around me. I find that chewing gum helps a little.

I remember when I was on IP before, one of the many benefits of the diet was the incredible sleep I had at night. The no sugar/no caffeine really did the trick! When does that kick in again? I loved waking up feeling very well rested and refreshed.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Congratulations fosfos on having a new baby! Don't be hard on yourself. Be very proud of all that your body has accomplished.

Susie
Old 03-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #142  

Fosfos, congratulations on your baby Welcome back!

Susie, 6 days! Yay! You are right, weekends are harder. When we get back to goal, we will be able to enjoy our indulgence day without guilt! 11.6 more pounds until I have avocado, olives and wine! Not together,lol! I figure the more time I stick OP, the shorter Phase 1 will be. Must admit Phase 1 is getting a little old on week 6. Going to have to get creative with dinner recipes to get over my phase 1 fatigue.

KellyC, how are you doing?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Fosfos, congratulations on your baby Welcome back!

Susie, 6 days! Yay! You are right, weekends are harder. When we get back to goal, we will be able to enjoy our indulgence day without guilt! 11.6 more pounds until I have avocado, olives and wine! Not together,lol! I figure the more time I stick OP, the shorter Phase 1 will be. Must admit Phase 1 is getting a little old on week 6. Going to have to get creative with dinner recipes to get over my phase 1 fatigue.

KellyC, how are you doing?
I'm not sure what happened to me...I won't go into detail, but I did NOT have a good weekend. Ok, well maybe I will go into detail... Friday night my DH decided we should try a new restaurant, bad idea, they didn't have anything I could eat. I decided to order a hamburger and just not eat the bun. Well they served the burger in a basket that would have made it difficult to eat with a fork. So... I ate the bun. I don't know why I did that. I would never have done that my first time around. Saturday went well, stayed 100% on plan, then Sunday..... I made chicken and dumplings for dinner and ate a bowl and then I ate a s'more. BUT I am back on track today. I am not going to throw in the towel and give up.

Why is it so hard to do this the second (or third?) time around? Why do I self sabotage? Well the important thing is that I am back on track....

I even put my slip ups in my diet journal for my coach to see. I am going to own up to it! That's a new one for me! Normally I wouldn't write it down and definitely would not have shared it with my coach!

Last edited by Kellyc14; 03-21-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #144  

KellyC, it is harder the second time. You are not alone in this struggle. I think it is because the urgency and desperation are gone. Try to make a list of why you want to do this reboot. What is driving you to want to lose the weight this time? Is the taste of food worth the price of the pounds? It helps to let go of this weekend, take one meal at a time and try to change your mental message. The inner brat (cravings monster) won't win!

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-21-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 278/263/220

Height: 6'2"

Just starting again with phase I. Wondering how it takes a year to lose the weight and 15 minutes to gain it back. Was down to 228 and now at 278. Better stay on track this time as it really hurts to do phase one again.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Slipfree, good idea! The twisted part of my brain knows that IP works and I wonder if that hinders me, because in the back of my brain I know that the weight will drop off once I commit. I know that makes no sense. It frustrates me that I was able to stay OP last week and then derailed over the weekend. But again, today is a new day and I put the weekend in the past and am back on track.

How was everyone else's weekend? The weather was beautiful, I cleaned off by back patio and bought some new plants for the front porch. I love spring time. The weather is warming up and that's even more motivation to get this weight off!!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:33 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Starting over

Well i have been away for some time...fell off the wagon big time...cant get back on...every day is a challenge!
Tomorrow will be day one...i know i can do it...i am worth it...
Old 03-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Well i have been away for some time...fell off the wagon big time...cant get back on...every day is a challenge!
Tomorrow will be day one...i know i can do it...i am worth it...
Hi L13 - a couple 2015 starters are still around - come jump in

Yes, that is a great reminder - we ARE all worth "it" - whatever that "it" is: health, clothes, a special event, playing with the kids/grandkids...
and remember - "you only fail when you stop trying"
Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Welcome back L13 - I'm sorry to hear you've had a hard time, but you've made a good first step, checking back in here and putting "today is day one" in writing. For me, anyway, putting it in writing makes it more real than just saying it in my head. You know you can do this, and you have friends here who are happy to help, whether it's advice, or handholding, or just as your sounding boards.
Good luck....no, scratch that.... you don't need luck, that makes it sound like success is fickle and beyond our control, some whim of fate or luck, and that's not the case at all. I know that you know how to do this, and you know you can do this.
For today, you just have to get through this "day one".
Let us know how it's going
Old 03-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #150  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Starting again, one year later. Glad to see I'm not alone. Thanks for being here...
Closed Thread