Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky6 View Post
Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this, I am on day 4 right now. I am just wondering if anyone here has taken a break for a couple weeks then gone back on?

I am going on a holiday at the end of March for 16 days and won’t be staying on the diet, I will begin it again after though – my coach suggested this. She said that about 5 days before I leave we will start to “Phase me out” (not sure if correct wording) and then I can just start back up once I get back.

Just wondering if anyone on here has done something like this and if it was successful or not?

Thank you!
Truthfully, the majority of people who say "I have a cheat planned for..." disappear and don't return to the boards. There are a couple maintainer who have done this successfully. Search the boards for "Vacation" and you should pull it up.

& yes, you MUST phase off properly (personally, I don't believe 5 days is enough but whatever) or you may as well be taking the $ you are spending on this plan and send it to me
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:10 AM   #257  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky6 View Post
Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this, I am on day 4 right now. I am just wondering if anyone here has taken a break for a couple weeks then gone back on?

I am going on a holiday at the end of March for 16 days and won’t be staying on the diet, I will begin it again after though – my coach suggested this. She said that about 5 days before I leave we will start to “Phase me out” (not sure if correct wording) and then I can just start back up once I get back.

Just wondering if anyone on here has done something like this and if it was successful or not?
I've never heard of a 5-day phase off, and it makes me seriously question your coach's ability to help you. It takes at least 2 weeks to phase off safely and successfully.

Many, many people say it is extremely difficult to go back to phase 1, and some say that the weight seems to come off more slowly the more times they go in and out of ketosis. Really, I think you'd be smart to just eat the best you can now, before vacation, and then start the diet in earnest when you get home.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #258  
donna2theg

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Day 26 (Yesterday)

Menu:
Breakfast - EAS Carb Advantage Shake - Dark Chocolate
Lunch - NN Chili mixed with 2 cups Spaghetti Squash and extra chili powder. Restricted
Dinner - 8 oz Ground Sirloin mixed with chopped green peppers. Sauteed Portabella mushrooms in 2 t. EVOO. Cucumbers & Onions in white vinegar.

S/219.8 C/203.4 G/145

Whoop!
Snack - NN Peanut Surprise Bar
donna2theg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post

See below

For those who don't go back to the previous thread to find the info (recommend as much research as possible!), here is info on how to pick an alternative product:

If you need specific info on WHAT to eat on IP, go here:
IP Protocol Sheets (this info is linked every day on the first post of the daily chat thread)

Here's a detailed breakdown to consider:
- under 160 calories = Unrestricted (though MOST IP packets range from 90-120)
- 160-200 calories = Restricted (once/daily)
slightly over 200 cals (or 30% fat) is super-restricted (once/weekly)
- less than 30% cal from fat (multiply cals from fat x 3; OK if lower than total cals.)
- under 8 g net carbs - unrestricted
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only once/twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein (don’t go much above 20g regularly)

* NET = Total carbs minus fiber (some people also subtract all sugar alcohols from total carbs; some subtract half; some choose to not subtract any...... sugar alcohols can affect your body similarly to sugar with spikes) Also remember NO Aspartame!
thankyou for taking the time to do that! Much appreciated
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #260  
Started p1 Feb 1, 16

Height: 5'8"

Default First Weigh in today

Hey all,
Today was my first weigh in, and I saw a 2.7 lbs down, and 3"
My coach did the calculations and said that I lost all lean mass, and no fat. That is super discouraging. I followed protocol to a T... any suggestions? She suggested lifting light weights? Which I thought was a no no??
Kristie.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Truthfully, the majority of people who say "I have a cheat planned for..." disappear and don't return to the boards. There are a couple maintainer who have done this successfully. Search the boards for "Vacation" and you should pull it up.

& yes, you MUST phase off properly (personally, I don't believe 5 days is enough but whatever) or you may as well be taking the $ you are spending on this plan and send it to me
Honestly, I think that some people disappear after a designated cheat day or vacation due to the all-or-nothing mindset by some of the users here. I'm really not jumping on your back for saying that (though I did just post in my intro that I have a cheat planned in two months), I'm just pointing out as a former IP user and poster on this forum -now trying IP again- that I've often felt a lot of judgement from maintainers and whomever about a rare cheat day.

I'm not here to cause drama what-so-ever, and this response is obviously not based on this comment alone (as it was very minor), but I do want to say that for me, at least, the idea of having a controlled cheat day/weekend two months after starting the program is not a sign of going off the rails or abandoning the diet. Instead, it is a way of staying in control by celebrating aspects of life (my birthday, for example, or a vacation) that then allow us to charge ahead afterward. I think that random, unplanned cheat days are another story, as they CAN really interfere with your plan and focus, but I'm not really here to judge how other people handle the program. It's great when we all support each other's successes, but after having been around on these forums for a couple of years, I sometimes wish that we were more uplifting, rather than critical, when people choose to take a break. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not jumping down Hysteria's throat and do not think that she is a problem in this... I'm honestly not saying ANYONE is... but it's just some food for thought (pun intended). I find these forums much more inspiring and useful when we support each others' choices (even if we disagree), as we are all adults

TLDR; Sorry for a rant on a Friday! I really love this community, though, and all of the really informative posts by maintainers.
courtneyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Had my 4th WI today and down another 4lbs! Down almost 20lbs in a month!
I have been 100% OP and don't find it hard to stay on track when I see results! Plus I love the Lemon Wafer Bars and Choc. Shakes!

Abbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

courtney -
Quote:
I've often felt a lot of judgement from maintainers and whomever about a rare cheat day
...and maybe it's not "judgement" per se - you may see it that way but it is those of us who have made it through to the other side telling the truth and not blowing smoke into their ears...
Micky asked a question and I told her what I've seen - both here and the Facebook page
Personally, I was 100% OP until the last 3 months - on vacation I went P2, but never had sugar or alcohol.
I know there are a couple people who have made it to maintenance who did have a bite of this or that here and there and did fine too - maybe they will chime in
Also remember, at the end of the day, if you use IP JUST to quickly lose weight, but then return to your old habits and ways of eating, the weight will return.
We all want everyone to be successful on IP - but saying "oh it will be ok" when you've obviously seen otherwise isn't being supportive - thats being an enabler.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie.23 View Post
Hey all,
Today was my first weigh in, and I saw a 2.7 lbs down, and 3"
My coach did the calculations and said that I lost all lean mass, and no fat. That is super discouraging. I followed protocol to a T... any suggestions? She suggested lifting light weights? Which I thought was a no no??
How does your coach know you lost lean mass?
diamondfloor48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #265  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Ladyejan Thanks!

Grayfaery Great job not cheating and staying OP!! You had some difficult events and you rocked it!

Kaylalu As long as you are OP do not worry - it will work itself out. It would be one thing if you only had 1.5 each week for 3 weeks, but 10#in 3 weeks - stay focused and in time your body will realize that it's all intentional and to let go of the fat
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #266  
donna2theg

Weight stayed the same...this old bod just does't want to give it up! About every 3 days there is a change though. Digestion and yeast issues gone. No more sleepless nights. Who would have thought! So what IS in that processed food I have always eaten??? Thinking Ideal Alternative and I will be friends for a long time!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #267  

NSV... I just now put on a pair of sweatpants that were tight in the thighs & the butt last time I wore them... today they're loose, everywhere!!!..

Everybody is doing so well...

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #268  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
NSV... I just now put on a pair of sweatpants that were tight in the thighs & the butt last time I wore them... today they're loose, everywhere!!!..

Everybody is doing so well...

Yay!!!!

A similar thing happened to me 5 mins. ago...I took out these winter white pants that were 18W but tight on me and thought now they would fit (still have the tag) and I can wear them this coming week. They are loose!!! I'll pin them up to wear tomorrow - but at this rate I will not be surprised if within a week or two that's not going to work. I was so excited to fit into clothes - some I never wore - now I'll have to go into storage as on this we swim past sizes lol

Abbyy Congrats! 20 pounds! woot woot! I need to try the Lemon Wafers. I liked the strawberry and the chocolate ones let me down, but I've heard from several lemon ones are the best - next weekend I'll get those.

Last edited by Kayweight; 02-06-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #269  
donna2theg

Down 2 pounds today!! Love all your inspirations and posts. Who would have that this process might be fun!
Old 02-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #270  

Default We'll worry about maintenance when we get there

Starting week 6 and down 8 pounds. For my body, this is very good. I'm stoked!

I was motivated to respond to the person who said she knows she can lose on IP. I feel the same, and I share the concern about maintaining a reasonable weight after I meet my goal. However, we can do only one day at a time.

I'm still figuring out which IP foods I like, and I am just starting to learn how to use the less tolerable ones in recipes. I do have Geneva's book, but I haven't bought any of the Walden Farms products yet. I struggle to keep my life organized enough to have the products and veggies with me when I am away from home, but I am doing it!

148/140/87
S / C /G
mable1 is offline   Reply With Quote