Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #481  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I may be ending this diet soonish and start eating healthy and exercising to lose the remaining bit. I started at 265 with a goal of losing at least 100 lbs. I think I am going to lose the last 15 or so pounds on IP to get to 175, then phase off and eat normal food/cardio/weight train to get to 165 or less (ultimate goal is 150). This diet works so well but between the rapid hair loss that has started, plus the fact that I am so tired of having such a restricted diet, I'm planning on phasing off earlier than intended. I also want to gain muscle to hopefully help with the excess skin I have on my arms and legs to see if it can be fixed without surgery. I'll keep everyone updated on how phasing off goes once I get there.
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #482  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Hi everyone. I may be ending this diet soonish and start eating healthy and exercising to lose the remaining bit. I started at 265 with a goal of losing at least 100 lbs. I think I am going to lose the last 15 or so pounds on IP to get to 175, then phase off and eat normal food/cardio/weight train to get to 165 or less (ultimate goal is 150). This diet works so well but between the rapid hair loss that has started, plus the fact that I am so tired of having such a restricted diet, I'm planning on phasing off earlier than intended. I also want to gain muscle to hopefully help with the excess skin I have on my arms and legs to see if it can be fixed without surgery. I'll keep everyone updated on how phasing off goes once I get there.
You've done amazing! 78lbs since January?? You inspire me to stay perfect on plan!
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

My clinic has the body composition scale as well. The one week I lost under 2 pounds, I had a full 1% fat loss which was a great motivator!
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #484  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
Seriously! I'm jealous. I haven't gone off plan for 1 bite and can't get anywhere near 4lbs! Maybe we need to know the cheat to see if it works for us!

That scale sounds awesome! I get awful anxiety when my coach pushes the bar across to balance it for my weight. And of course it's always someone much lighter who weighed last so you get the "clunk...clunk...." when she has to bump it over 200 then slide the little one up to the 40s.
I did orientation w one other lady and she looked like she needed to lose about 5oz. I felt like a porpoise next to her.
RealNatalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 PM   #485  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNatalia View Post
I did orientation w one other lady and she looked like she needed to lose about 5oz. I felt like a porpoise next to her.
Awwww

I know that feeling. I feel like the biggest person every place I go lately.

But honestly, the last time I was down in the 170s, some heavier women in my dietician's office gave me the hairy eyeball and I wanted to tell them I was over 300lbs just 10 months prior. But of course I'd never bring up weight loss to a stranger. (I didn't do ideal protein then.)
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 233/174/155

Height: 5' 6"

I'm frustrated and I am hoping that you all can help. I started IP in January 2016 and have had desired results until the last 6 weeks or so. 3 things happened all about the same time. 1st) I went back on a medication I had not been taking for a while, but really needed to. One of the listed possible side effects is "weight changes". 2nd) I began walking. I hadn't been exercising since I started IP. It was so beautiful outside and I felt like I wanted to try and incorporate some fitness, so I did. 3rd) I changed the types of things I was eating on plan. Most of my choices are unrestricted, with very few exceptions, but I had taken to eating oatmeal every morning and chili every day for lunch. My coach and I have changed my IP packets to the lower carb, unrestricted choices. I stopped walking. The only thing I didn't change was the medication. But, I need it, so I can't stop taking it.

All of that to say, my average weight losses before the change was 3 pounds a week. I have slowed to between 0 and 1 pound a week in the last 6 weeks. I'm not one to give up, but at this rate, I may never get to goal (I can SEE it!!! I'm 12 pounds from the finish line!!!)

I guess what I'm looking for is encouragement and guidance that might get me to that finish line without phasing off early and ruining all the hard work I've done so far.

Thanks for listening,
Micki
TheNewMicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMicki View Post
I'm frustrated and I am hoping that you all can help. I started IP in January 2016 and have had desired results until the last 6 weeks or so. 3 things happened all about the same time. 1st) I went back on a medication I had not been taking for a while, but really needed to. One of the listed possible side effects is "weight changes". 2nd) I began walking. I hadn't been exercising since I started IP. It was so beautiful outside and I felt like I wanted to try and incorporate some fitness, so I did. 3rd) I changed the types of things I was eating on plan. Most of my choices are unrestricted, with very few exceptions, but I had taken to eating oatmeal every morning and chili every day for lunch. My coach and I have changed my IP packets to the lower carb, unrestricted choices. I stopped walking. The only thing I didn't change was the medication. But, I need it, so I can't stop taking it.

All of that to say, my average weight losses before the change was 3 pounds a week. I have slowed to between 0 and 1 pound a week in the last 6 weeks. I'm not one to give up, but at this rate, I may never get to goal (I can SEE it!!! I'm 12 pounds from the finish line!!!)

I guess what I'm looking for is encouragement and guidance that might get me to that finish line without phasing off early and ruining all the hard work I've done so far.

Thanks for listening,
Micki
First off, do not stop walking... it will help change your body composition so you will not end up 'weak-slim.' Second, since you only have 10 or 12 lbs to go losing at 1 lb per week or less IS NORMAL!!! Do not freak out. Remember as you get smaller your body doesn't have to pull as much energy out of fat stores to make up the shortfall as when you weighed more.
If you need the meds, you need them. Do not compromise your overall health for the sake of a scale number. It's OK to play around with which packets you choose and probably not a great idea to always do oatmeal or chili (I have heard that these packets affect others similarly).

Lastly remember to focus on other Non-Scale-Victories
. Have your blood sugar or lipids improved, how has your body fat percentage changed, do your clothes fit better, do you have more energy, etc?

Be patient... sometimes the next whoosh is just around the corner, but by now it will only be a tiny whoosh as you are already a lower body fat percentage. You will get there! We have all been through it

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in. I had my week 5 weigh-in today and down 2 pounds this week for a total of 15. The last two weeks I've been down just 2 pounds a week, so hoping next week I might have a bigger loss, but I'll take anything! Still better than anything I've tried. I'd like to get under that stupid 200. Even at this pace, it'll be less than a month!
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:12 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Just a quick check in. Had weigh in on Thursday and lost 1 lb but to be honest I am happy I lost anything because I did my first ever cheat day. It was not planned as we went out to eat at Red Lobster and I have no problem staying on protocol there. I ate all the things including a dessert I shared with my kids and it was worth every carb loaded calorie! I had eaters guilt though and came home and worked out for like 2 hours. Lol. Back on protocol the next day and of course I got my dreaded migraine on Monday. I pretty much stayed in bed all day dying and was a really good reminder that YES this is why I don't cheat. I'm off to the grocery store in a bit to stock up on some yummy veggies. Craving some roasted radishes and celery. If you have not tried roasted radishes give them a try as I don't like raw radishes but when you roast them their flavor changes completely!

Will read through and chat later! Hope you all have been having a great week
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #490  

Default Thank you

Liana,
Thank you. I needed to hear from someone with a more level head.

My weigh in tonight really could have had very different results had you not so kindly took the time to respond to my frustration. I am up .6 of a pound, but down 4 inches in the past 3 weeks (& I am expecting my TOM anytime now), so I'm counting that as a win

So... I've resumed walking... I'm staying on plan and I'm not weighing myself between clinic visits. If it takes the rest of this year to finally see that goal number on a scale, then so be it.

Again, thank you for talking me down from the ledge. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Micki
Old 05-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #491  

Micki,
Don't worry- I'm guessing that the reason your WL slowed is because you're so close to goal. That happens!
With drugs that cause weight gain, it's usually one of 2 reasons, either they make you retain water (which sounds like it's not it since you lost so many inches in the same time frame), or, they make you more sensitive to carbs. Changing to the lower carb packets was a very good choice. Maybe even checking nutrition facts online and making more small changes like some girls use pudding packets for shakes instead of shake packets to cut carbs, and having lower carb veggies vs ones closer to the limit like summer squash and turnip.
But, if you notice your appetite is still low, I'd bet it's only because you're so close to goal. If it was because of carb/insulin sensitivity you'd probably notice your appetite go up a bit.
Hard to know exactly but that's my best guess. Hang in there, you're so close!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #492  

Today is the first day since I started that I "feel" smaller. I got on the scale and I am down 6lbs from start weight. And only 1.5lbs from onederland so that's pretty good. I'm a slow loser so I'm happy with that. My WI is Monday so hopefully that will stay or go down more by then. My weight has a tendency to jump around a fair bit.
Really getting into the routine and liking the plan so far. It's so easy ! Works great for a lazy eater like me who really enjoys eating out of packets. The rice crispy square and chocolate brownie are fantastic! This week I'm going to get a drink mix and the rice cereal to make the IP muffins they showed on be video. They looked really good.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #493  

Default Thank you, Natalia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNatalia View Post
Micki,
Don't worry- I'm guessing that the reason your WL slowed is because you're so close to goal. That happens!
With drugs that cause weight gain, it's usually one of 2 reasons, either they make you retain water (which sounds like it's not it since you lost so many inches in the same time frame), or, they make you more sensitive to carbs. Changing to the lower carb packets was a very good choice. Maybe even checking nutrition facts online and making more small changes like some girls use pudding packets for shakes instead of shake packets to cut carbs, and having lower carb veggies vs ones closer to the limit like summer squash and turnip.
But, if you notice your appetite is still low, I'd bet it's only because you're so close to goal. If it was because of carb/insulin sensitivity you'd probably notice your appetite go up a bit.
Hard to know exactly but that's my best guess. Hang in there, you're so close!
Hi Natalia,
I think many factors went in to my little pity party . I'm determined to ride this out... & can't wait to see the results of that as well.

I truly appreciate your taking the time to encourage me.

Micki
Old 05-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies. Decidedmto join the group...although I see we are close to 500 posts so maybe a little late...lol

I read all the posts from this forum....wow great losses and super motivational!

Pamela when did you start exercising and what do you do?

Thenewnmicki i think we have all had our share of pity parties...

Funny reading all the posts....wspecially reading something and thinking...wow this person has it together...wish i could do this...only to look at the name closely...yep...i had written the post...lol this made me realise that i have potential..lol
Made it through day 1, not day 2 ...at 9 pm i was falling asleep but instead of going to be i tried to stay awake...baaaaaaad idea, but did make it through day 3 instead of spiriling out of control for another month...day 4 today...still on plan...

Have a great night ladies!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday!

Hope all the Americans are having some great weather for your Memorial Day weekend I grew up on Long Island, New York but moved here when I got married 13 years ago. Wish I could take both American and Canadian holidays off lol!

RealNatalia -long weekends are a tricky one to start on! Sounds like you are doing great on your first week! I am a sucker for the rice crispy squares. I love Rice Krispie treats and the IP ones are so good it's like a treat but non restricted!! Those and the lemon wafers are always on my menu.

JillieMac- Wtg on your weight loss! where in Canada are you heading? Hope you are having fun!

Carrotsaremylife- ugh. I know how you feel about those old fashioned scales. I get anxiety as well. My coach uses a digital one though but the trips the doctors are never fun for that reason! And my scale at home is like 4-6 lbs off from my coaches SO WEIRD.

Rainy- wtg on the weight loss!

Se72 - I was the same way on Atkin's. Lost a ton and then could not get back into it for the life of me. Tried every other diet and have come to terms with the fact that my body just needs to be low carb to lose weight. Can't wait to welcome you to onederland! It will be soon!

Greyfaery- you have done AMAZING! Looking forward to hearing how phasing out goes for you. I am so worried about that when I reach that point.

TheNewMicki- Girl, you got this! Look how great you have done and you are so close!! I pretty much agree with what everyone has said. My best friend stopped having her coach tell her weight every week and only found out once a month when she was close to goal. I thought she was craaaazy as I would need to know but she said that The scale was affecting her too much.

Loser13 - So glad you dusted yourself off and are back on protocol! I started exercising about a month and a half ago I think. I noticed with losing the weight some areas were needing some toning and I stumbled across Fitness Blender videos. They are free on YouTube and you can search through to what you would like. Varies from strength training, hiit cardio, kickboxing, Pilates, yoga..etc you name it they have it. I have bad knees and suffer from foot problems so I decided to do their low impact workouts. The thing I like best is that it isn't your typical workout video as they run out of breathe and struggle too and just don't always look fabulous! Those videos annoy me. I am sooooo not a gym person. I prefer to sweat and die in private lol. I aim for 6 days a week under 40 minute workouts but I have noticed that it did slow down my weight loss a touch. Muscle weighs more than fat but I noticed a big difference.

I think I hit everyone! Sorry if I missed! Have a great week!!
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote