Old 03-15-2016, 01:24 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies,

I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing familiar names. I am on day 6 and feel SO much better!! I haven't weighed myself, but my clothes already fit so much better! Like Sgrealtor1 said, I refuse to buy more fat clothes. Well actually I did... in December I bought two new pair of jeans, they were size 12, but stretchy so they fit. My "real" size 12's are way to snug!! and the ones without stretch don't fit at all. That's about to change though! I am excited at the thought of fitting back into the clothes in my closet!! and to soon need smaller clothes. I FEEL so good when I am on IP. That's the crazy thing, when I went of the rails I didn't FEEL good, I felt bloated, fat, just plain yuck, yet it was so hard to get back on track. But alas, here I am, along with all of you and excited about the journey! One thing that I have learned is that I can control my eating during emotional times. 2015 was a very stressful year for me and I was able to maintain through it all, up until December that is, and then...I don't know what happened...actually I do, I ate my first bite of sugar in over a year and a half and that was the end of me. I wasn't able to say no after that. Strange but when I am on IP I do not want the sweets, breads, pasta's etc... I mean, sure they may look good, but I can easily say no. But after eating that first piece of cake...all he!! broke loose! I'm glad to be back on IP and here with ya'll!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #122  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Good morning and hello again 2014 IPs. I'm back, and am also over here feeling like a stuffed sausage. I got down to 129 of 2014, and maintained for over a year. Now it's time to get back down, because I'm not buying new spring and summer clothing.

I'm on day four of my reboot. So far so good! This time I am using alternatives to save money, and because I found more support here than I did with my coach.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

I know I have been absent for a while, I swear winter does me in! It doesn't help where I am with our long, cold winters. But I haven't been able to successfully start back up! I don't think I have been in the right mind set for it. Feeling the winter blues and all.

I read a post in a different thread where someone says they can't get into it until mid Feb because of winter and I think it's the same for me, though we wont see spring until may-ish. Though we are seeing more daylight and higher day temps for the most part we still have snow in the forecasts.

But the longer days are already making me want to be more active. I think I will focus on some workouts and running for a bit get those good feeling endorphin's going and hopefully once the snow is gone I will be in a better mindset and I will be ready to get back at it.

I hope all you lovelies are doing well and overcoming your struggles with more success!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone... Climbing back out of my shell and back on track! Way too many non compliant days have added some extra padding back and spring / summer clothes are busting at the seams.... Ugh. I love IP, but have to learn how to maintain...went right back into my old ways of binge eating when I am depressed...Climbing back out now but man those pounds come back on super quickly!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #125  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I am sure you are all wondering what happened to me... a reasonable start to the new year with some loss of regain, despite my husband's fall when he broke his pelvis on January 1st... but then on Valentines Day he had to be hospitalized as I thought he was having a heart attack. He had low BP and low Oxygen saturation - they kept him about 4 days, finding he was retaining fluid in the lungs from Congestive Heart Failure. Then sent him home for continued at-home rehab but he had to come back to the hospital within a few days with dehydration from too much diuretic and orthostatic BP where he was drastically dizzy when he stood up. This led to 10 days in hospital where they also thought he might be losing blood as he was anemic. Finally they released him to a skilled nursing center where he was in short term rehab for 6 days, only to be returned by them to the hospital with another low oxygen situation. After 5 days they sent him back to skilled nursing center -- so that was 4 hospitalizations since January 1, on top of the 3 hospitalizations he had since July 2015.

Back just before Xmas I did find one excellent certified nursing asst (CNA) who began coming to the house to help him with the morning get up, clean up, dress, have breakfast, get pills down, etc. And I had at least 6 different ones try out for the evening shift so that I could get some release from the caregiving role. No luck until the last discharge from the nursing center on March 22 - I found someone from there who was very good. Despite the help, the past 2 months have been miserable and frightening as I have watched my DH decline with amazing speed.

On March 30 I had to call in hospice and my DH peacefully passed away at home on Friday morning April 1st. I am sure he was hoping he could time it for April Fools Day - something about that would have appealed to his sense of humor I am sure.

So I am here alone - having eaten my way through all of February and March, to regain half of my original 80lb losses. I broke the dreaded 200 lb mark - I have to do a digital weigh in before I adjust my ticker... but I need to get back on the IP track and get rid of this excess weight so that I can be strong and healthy enough to make this life adjustment. I really am not ready to be alone like this, and I really miss my best friend, favorite fellow and life partner.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

One: My heart aches for you. I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself as best you can and concentrate on one day at a time.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #127  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

I'm so sorry for your loss Oneuh2.
murrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Oneuh2 - I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, you have been through a very rough time and need time to heal. When you are ready we are all here for you.
AllMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

oneuh, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
You've been here helping so many of us for so long, let us be here to help you find your way through this difficult time
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Oneuh, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart just broke reading your beautiful words about your dear husband. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. All of us on the threads are here to support you,when you are ready for program. Hugs, Slip

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-04-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

one- been thinking about you for awhile. I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of you right now lady
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #132  
oneuh2

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and remarks everyone -- I look forward to returning to the boards with you all and finding daily encouragement and support. And I look forward to getting back on the protocol so that I will feel better and drop this excess weight I have packed back onto my body.

Just coming here to share my woes gives me strength.
love you guys,
cheryl
Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Oh Cheryl I just knew something bad happened after our last conversation here of your DH's condition. I am so very very sorry for your loss. I am here for you if you need to talk. As for the weight you will get it off again. I too am working very hard on my backtrack... I do need to get here more often as talking to all you wonderful people does help.

I miss everyone...
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #134  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Oh Cheryl I just knew something bad happened after our last conversation here of your DH's condition. I am so very very sorry for your loss. I am here for you if you need to talk. As for the weight you will get it off again. I too am working very hard on my backtrack... I do need to get here more often as talking to all you wonderful people does help.

I miss everyone...
Thank you Sue. I have missed being here with you all too - I had so much to do that I could not sit down and spend time on the boards. As I find my sea legs I intend to be more present here.

As I have posted on FB regarding DH I am finding there is a good bit of activity on the FB ideal protein related pages - I think perhaps users are drawn more to that format, and it is where they are already hanging out. Janeva has a GB page with recipes as well as info re her cookbook, too.
Unless radical changes occur with 3fc I think the next Gen of IPeeps will not be as active as we were on here the last few years.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Cheryl – I am SO sorry for your loss!! My heart goes out to you! I know your DH had been struggling with his health and he certainly fought the good fight. Bless you for taking such good care of him. Be kind to yourself. My dad found grief counseling really helped him. I would encourage you to find a group and talk to others.

Please keep posting here or let me know where you end up. I would hate to lose touch with you!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote