Old 02-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

WTG Sue! So proud of you for staying OP. Keep it up!

I think my goal this weekend will be to have an honest conversation with my closet and finish clearing out the old clothes. Once I wasn't restricted to plus size stores, I may have gone a lee-ttle crazy shopping. Now I try to make sure I love something before I buy it. So I have sizes from L to size 22 I really need to go through. Would love to wait for our community garage sale but kind of want the stuff out NOW!

So today I made a couple appnts with plastic surgeons. I met with one a few months ago. Today I made an appnt with a couple people, one of whom is Dr Kerr who recently has been on the TLC Skin Tight. Since I was shopping around I figured "why not?" He certainly deals a lot with patients who have lost a large amount of weight. His office was the only one to ask me specifics about my weight loss, how long I've maintained, etc before agreeing to schedule an appnt.

I found a couple blogs of women who have gone through a circumferential abdominoplasty. Two very different takes. One that was a piece of cake and the other almost talked me out of considering this entirely. But I do think it's given me more insight and helped me be better prepared with my questions.
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Cen- Good luck with the surgery shopping Sounds like you have done your research. I am still scared to death of surgery and probably when I get to goal will just deal with it... I have had my fill of hospitals this last year with DH and we are not done yet.....Ugh.

So the scale has been up for 2 days and it's not budging...I cannot let that discourage me...Need to just keep going....it will happen.
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Ugh! Why is it so hard this time! I was doing so good, but then today I am spotting and super tired and want to eat EVERYTHING!!! So I ate crackers! I mean really, crackers? Saltines-what a waste of a slip! And why did I even do it!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #109  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Determined Dieter....darn those saltines! I remember pretending to lick the peanut butter knife that I used to make my kids' lunches when I was on P1 and accidentally taking a few licks. Oh well....we're not perfect, right? Saltines aren't going to be the end of you. You can do it!

Hang there 2014 friends!!!!!!!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:24 AM   #110  

Determined I so hear you ... Mine was a slip with the cupcakes from the Super Bowl party....at least I only ate the icing...but from 2 of them. Then yesterday I could not stop picking on everything and anything..Ugh... Reboot today. I am so mad at myself.

OK I need to dig deep to find that strength I had last year to do this. I am so aggravated that I blew it yet again. Ate fine all day of super bowl, but then left alone in the kitchen yesterday I ate anything I could get my hands on ...

Day 1 again today....
Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Thanks Ladies, I'm back on track again! Unfortunately it didn't end with Saltines! Sue, I hope you are were able to get back on track too!

I hope everyone is doing well in their journey whether the losing or maintaining stage. We can do it!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

2014-2016 Wow! Just proves that this is a life-long journey. But, you know what? We are winning. It may be a struggle, but we have not given up. We have all, picked ourselves back up and are moving forward on our quest. "Fall six times, get up seven"

Determined, I am glad that you are back on track, it can be so hard to stop a slip from becoming a slide. Go you!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

you know what is great about this site? is once in a while, you will find a thread like this one, where EVERYONE just owns up to their 'slips' and in return, everyone else supports them, and encourages them to get RIGHT BACK OP... I just love to see that. Don't need any of that 'holier than thou' stuff, especially when you are feeling bad enough about yourself as it is.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
you know what is great about this site? is once in a while, you will find a thread like this one, where EVERYONE just owns up to their 'slips' and in return, everyone else supports them, and encourages them to get RIGHT BACK OP... I just love to see that. Don't need any of that 'holier than thou' stuff, especially when you are feeling bad enough about yourself as it is.
Yup!! That's how we roll LOL.

I myself have had a decent week food wise, but wrenched my back on Monday to the point of not being able to function Tuesday & Wednesday. Found a new chiropractor on Thursday and I am finally getting some relief. In the meantime the weight has remained the same, but I am OK with that. I am sure I am retaining fluid and the systems are not working properly right now (ugh!) so I need to get that figured out. I remember back to those first weeks OP and the bathroom issues I had, just need to get something working and stay with it. Just a few short weeks till my trip to Dallas! Yikes!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #115  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

sue - sorry to hear of your back injury - back pain can really be tough.

I have been absent dealing with another hospital trip with DH. We are now dealing with congestive heart failure - not sure of exact prognosis but I believe it is grim. He is so weak already that I doubt he can fight this. I am eating my way back to the high 180's dealing with the stress. Cannot even think of cooking healthy meals. I will keep you all posted and try not to be so absent.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 AM   #116  

Cheryl - Stay Strong and hang in there. I know that you have a long road ahead. Take care of yourself and check in when you can.

I am still plugging away. Train falls off the tracks once in a while, but trying to get my head on straight. Only 2 weeks till my Texas trip.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
sue - sorry to hear of your back injury - back pain can really be tough.

I have been absent dealing with another hospital trip with DH. We are now dealing with congestive heart failure - not sure of exact prognosis but I believe it is grim. He is so weak already that I doubt he can fight this. I am eating my way back to the high 180's dealing with the stress. Cannot even think of cooking healthy meals. I will keep you all posted and try not to be so absent.
Cheryl - I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you and DH - take care of you

Sue - the last time I wrenched my back, my chiro had me purchase a foam roller. It is amazing! and I haven't had my back go out in almost a year. I would talk to her about it next time you have an appointment.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 02-21-2016 at 10:35 PM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Hi All,

I started in March of 2014, got to goal by Dec. 2014 and maintained really well (within 5 lbs of goal) for all of last year with a small reboot right before the holidays. Right up until Xmas. Then I packed on 10 lbs. Have been doing P1 for a month with a few slips and not doing as well as I had hoped. It's really hard going back to P1 and not working out after a whole year. Also peanut butter. Ugh. I'll keep on keeping on.

Cheryl: So sorry to hear about DH. Be gentle to yourself.

Last edited by catlady1981; 02-23-2016 at 10:35 AM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #119  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

bumping this thread up......

On day 13 of the reboot. Feeling hungry today, but staying OP.
murrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #120  

Hi Guys...seems like forever since I have been here. ReBoot after Texas trip starts today. I feel like a stuffed sausage in my clothes and my spring wardrobe is feeling a bit tight....time to reel it back in and get on track. Next photo op will be DS's High School graduation and I WILL be in those photos....