Are you aloud chicken thighs and drumsticks ?

• Hey guys ,

So I have been on IP for 17 days now and down 7 lbs .. I'm feeling good just have a question. Are we aloud to eat chicken thighs or drumsticks ? I see online there are some recipes that use these so I'm thinking we are aloud but don't see it in the list of protein foods on my sheet. Tonight I ate my 4 eggs with 2 cups of veggies and ate a drumstick as well , I feel really guilty if I'm not supposed to . If anyone can help me out that would be great.
  • Yes - skinless - and I found it better to change up every once in awhile during P1 - both for weight loss (so the body doesn't get too comfortable) and sanity (lean chicken breasts get old).
  • Okay I ate one tonight with skin is this going to effect my weight loss ? Also I have been eating pretty much eggs every night for my dinner is it good to switch it up for better weight loss or does it matter if i eat same protein every night ?
  • It shouldn't - chicken skin is fat and wouldn't knock you out of ketosis.

Truthfully, eat what you are comfortable with, but if you start stalling out, the lack of variety would be one of the first things I would look at as a culprit.
  • I ate chicken legs all the time because I cannot stand chicken breast. I even ate the skin lol. Worked for me.