Old 11-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default Question about IP vs WW

Hello,

I have been on IP for the last 4 1/2 months an have lost 77 pounds. I am so thrilled with this, but am feeling like I am loosing motivation because of the food. I have done WW in the past and did pretty good, but then life happened and well I obviously feel back into my old ways. I am just wondering if anyone took a break from IP and did WW for awhile, and if so how did you do?
Thanks so much!!
tonibear76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibear76 View Post
Hello,

I have been on IP for the last 4 1/2 months an have lost 77 pounds. I am so thrilled with this, but am feeling like I am loosing motivation because of the food. I have done WW in the past and did pretty good, but then life happened and well I obviously feel back into my old ways. I am just wondering if anyone took a break from IP and did WW for awhile, and if so how did you do?
Thanks so much!!
I have seen numerous people on here " take a break" and I don't hear success stories about it. Read your post- you have lost 77 pounds in 4 1/2 months- wow- cry me a river.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

I say to you, keep up the great work, be it 77 lbs or 20 lbs. I speak only for myself here, so keep that in mind. I have been on this diet since February 16, 2015-that's 290 days as of today. I have lost 76 lbs and yes, I have occasionally gotten bored with food, the program and sometimes feeling like the weight hasn't come off fast enough- go figure on the last one-any other diet in my lifetime of yo young has never had me lose weight as quickly as this one. Sometimes that feeling last a day, an hour or several days. I have to remind myself that I chose IP for a reason. None of my other choices worked for me anymore. I did a ton of research and have religiously read all the forums here on IP, and realized that if I'm doing this I have to be all in. Failures of the protocol share several things in common, they didn't phase off properly, they gave up or once they got to maintenance they stopped paying attention. So, as I have gotten a little off track on you, I'm sorry- I am still plugging away here- some of the things that I have done to "jazz things up" I bought Janevas cookbook (if you don't want to invest in that, there is a Facebook page for her that has files of a lot of her recipes) there are forums on here that have lots of recipes, I tried new vegetables that I had never thought of, I mixed up my packets-who says you can't eat oatmeal for lunch (b/t/w the maple oatmeal makes great cookies...and they are unrestricted) whatever your decision, I wish you luck-I am glad that I stuck with it, even when I felt like I needed to throw in the towel. im a little envious here �� You've lost about the same as me and I'm on this about five months longer than you. Again, whatever your decision, I wish you luck!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

I did IP from October 2013 to late last year, and lost a total of 50 lbs. I had trouble keeping it off after maintenance, and decided to give WW another whirl in April of this year. It's not fanning out so well; I've gained about 15 pounds since starting. I'm thinking of returning to IP after the first of the year so I can get to my ultimate goal... plus, I'm getting married and do not want to be where I was before in my wedding dress (size 22 in two other weddings did not bode well with me). I liked the restriction because it taught me the discipline that I needed to keep me from cheating. With WW, you kind of open yourself up to eating things that got you in trouble to begin with....

Last edited by scottysgirl7682; 11-24-2015 at 12:54 PM.
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

I've done both diets, IP worked better me especially with less to lose. I think if you still had 77 lbs to lose I would say go for WW, but if you only have a few left, WW will not work for you, even with exercise.

Why don't you try and do the alternative/diabetic protocol on IP? This way you're getting a bit of variety with your meals.

Last edited by Sunflower40; 11-24-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

One of my first diets was WW - paid by my employer at the time. This was 2003. Within a month of starting, I discovered Atkins and made low carb work for me and lied my way through WW - lost the most weight among the women in the group...
IMVHO, ANY diet that restricts calories and encourages you to move a little will help with weight loss - it is what YOU put back into that diet though that determines the end results. IP, WW, Atkins, Insanity, etc...
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
One of my first diets was WW - paid by my employer at the time. This was 2003. Within a month of starting, I discovered Atkins and made low carb work for me and lied my way through WW - lost the most weight among the women in the group...
IMVHO, ANY diet that restricts calories and encourages you to move a little will help with weight loss - it is what YOU put back into that diet though that determines the end results. IP, WW, Atkins, Insanity, etc...
Wow- your losses are great! way to go!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote