Old 11-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #121  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
_ Has anyone ever done C25Kand used the elliptical? I leave for work at 7AM and don't get home until after or very close to dark- so I am limiting myself- I know that I probably won't get the same benefit- but maybe someone has experience and can give me some pointers???
I have not, but I bet you could google C25K Elliptical and get some hits on what other people have done. I don't use the elliptical often, but I've found that I have to stay on it longer to reach my mileage goal. It still provides a good workout!

Beth, man, family issues are hard. My family is pretty normal and DH's family is mostly drama-free. But now that I have a daughter-in-law, and a 2nd one in a week, there seems to be more potential for drama between them and my own 2 daughters, so we all are learning how to handle family get-togethers.

Blue, are you doing okay with the grief I'm sure you're still feeling?

Daughter and I did pretty well yesterday. I'd say we were 85% P1 compliant.
- The OP foods were turkey, mashed cauliflower, protein chicken soup for gravy, a small glass of eggnog (vanilla RTD + eggnog flavored Stevia), WF cranberry jam, and she had rolls made from Quest + protein oatmeal.
- The non-protocol foods were sweet potato casserole made with brown sugar Truvia, low-fat milk, and less butter/eggs; and the fake pumpkin pie that was made with canned pumpkin + plain gelatin + fat-free evaporated milk, plus a dab of sugar-free Cool Whip.

The scale was up 1/2 pound this morning, which I'm comfortable with. I had a smallish P3 breakfast this morning, and will have my standard P3 lunch & dinner meals today. If the scale goes up again tomorrow, I'll have to resort to P2 days for a couple of days. At this point, I can't imagine going to back having carbs at dinner, without constantly fighting with the scale. I sort of feel like I'll have to mostly eat P2 lunches and dinners most days.

No Black Friday shopping for me. I thought about it, but it's cold and rainy and I have about 100 wedding bows to make. And I'm dog sitting my other daughter's pug, so I think I will stay home. I have to be up at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow to have my coffee and snack before heading out to the 5K location at 6 a.m. Weather is supposed to be 40 degrees and rainy. Not pleasant weather, but it's my last chance to race until late in January, so I'll power through.

Last edited by HereIStand; 11-27-2015 at 02:05 PM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:27 PM   #122  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

The recipe for pumpkin "pie." Note that this is NOT P1 compliant, but it's a good option for maintenance.

bistroMD’s Pumpkin Pie
From nutrition/weight management MD Dr. Cederquist and the bistroMD kitchen (www.bistromd.com).

Ingredients

1/4 cup water
2 1-ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 cups fat-free evaporated milk, divided
¾ cup packed brown sugar (or can use 1/3 cup packed ©Splenda Brown Sugar)
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:

Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, sprinkle gelatin in water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Pour 1 cup of fat-free evaporated milk into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
Remove from heat and whisk into gelatin. Don’t worry if it the gelatin has hardened, the hot milk will liquefy it.
Stir in remaining cup of evaporated milk, sugar, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
Pour pumpkin mixture into pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serves 8.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Glad you and your daughter made it through HIS
Sorry to read about your weather tomorrow for the 5K - blah!
I am there with you on carbs for dinner...Sunday is day 1, P4 - truthfully I was much more excited about the P3 breakfast than I am about the 'freedom' of P4 - some of that is nervousness but mostly, I just don't plan to do much different outside of what I am doing now. Add some avocado back in, split a sweet potato with DH from time to time. I did find a really awesome quinoa / mushroom recipe in the Wegmans Menu we get quarterly I want to try...oh, and plan a splurge meal with my co-workers to our favorite Indian restaurant. I've missed buttered chicken and saag paneer

I went for a 3.5 mile walk - hammy is doing ok. Did some light stretching when I got back. Tomorrow is suppose to be Day 2 of 1/2 marathon training...we'll see
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

It sounds like everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinners! Good for you all for staying as much OP as you all did! I know it couldn't have been easy, all that yummy temptation! And those small upticks on the scale will be gone by the weekend!

HIS Must make you so happy seeing your daughter making such good progress! Congratulations to her! Your dinner sounded really good, and only up 1/2lb, that'll be gone before you know it. Especially with your race tomorrow. How's your ankle? hope it holds up well.
Good luck with all the bowmaking, sounds like a lot of work. Is everyone getting all excited about the big day?
BTW, I'm Ok about kitty, and thanks so much for asking...it will feel strange around here without him.

Beth - Family, huh?! We all have some good and some bad, don't we...sounds like you have more than your share Sorry it put such a downer on your day.
You did so great with the food though, being in control must sure feel great! especially since the scale was your friend today.
I can't believe you're ready to start P4 this wk/end Looking forward to hearing how it goes

Linda I've been facing much the same dilemma about clothes, somehow the piles just keep growing on the bed in the guest room. Maybe what I need is to have a guest come visit, make me have to move it all I have some things, like you said, that are new, never even got to wear them, or some that I wore once or twice. It would be nice to get some $ back I've tried putting a few things on a local for-sale site, but not much luck, and it's a bit of a nuisance, really. I like Beth's idea of a consignment shop, might have to look into that. Although I should just forget it and donate them all!
When I started IP, and was in that stage where sizes were dropping pretty quickly, I packed up a bunch of clothes and took them to a women's shelter. In the past, when I had more of a "work" wardrobe, there was a place to donate clothes for women going needing professional clothes that couldn't afford them. I'll probably end up doing that again. Anyway just some thoughts in case you decide it's too much bother to try to sell them.

So no one went out to the Black Friday sales? Truth be told, there would have to be something I REALLY wanted, and it would have to be a really great sale, to get me out in all that madness
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #125  

Hi everyone,

Sounds like thanksgiving went well for everyone. Thanks for posting some great recipes- I'm saving them for when I get to P3/P4. I had turkey and roasted brussel sprouts, which is was fine with me because I am not a big fan of stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. The one thing I did really miss was pumpkin pie, but I had a vanilla rtd with pumpkin pie spice as a "replacement". All in all not too bad. I am working really, really hard to drop another size before christmas (so a dress I want to wear will fit!) so I wasn't particularly tempted.

Big hugs for anyone who had to deal with family drama- sometimes the holidays are the worst. My issue is actually my family, my in-laws are lovely.

Today I am hanging at home, surfing for black friday deals. Maybe some new clothes....

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like everyone had a successful holiday -- Congratulations. I was by my folks and my Mom puts the turkeys and stuffing in the oven about 2 AM for a noon meal for 20+. In some ways it is torture as about 4 am you start smelling food. When I woke up I felt like I had been eating stuffing all night long. I stayed OP yesterday (with maybe an extra couple of ounces of meat). The biggest temptations were cashews, pie and my mom's stuffing.

I helped prep a lot of the food, but did not taste. I made a big blueberry yogurt shake with spinach in the morning, and had turkey, green bean, rutabaga mash, and 1 - potato / pancake biscuit for lunch. I did dishes while the pie was being distributed. Snacked on celery and water throughout the day (I do not like my parent's water softener and later switched to bottled water). During the Packer game I ate some garlic crisps and had a diet pepsi (first one since starting the program).

My parents and middle sister were supportive, but my little sister does not agree with my choice especially with starting during the holidays.

Got a last minute invite to my sister-in laws for a birthday party for the 20 yo nephew that is home from college. They are ordering in pizza for supper and there will be cake and ice cream. I offered to bring a salad (my other option was chips). At least I will be able to eat the salad. I am trying to determine if I should make a Chefs Salad and eat my protein then or flip my meals and bring a veggie salad and add BBQ Soy Nuts to mine. Thoughts?

I weighed in on Wednesday (day early due to the holidays and I am down 11 # in 2 weeks.)

Beth -- It was nice of you to spend the day with the in-laws, I don't know them, but with the little of the story you shared - they might be envious of the family that you have and your success at losing weight.

Blue -- I mostly skipped the black Friday craze except for a fitbit from kohls. I am on week 3 now and am hoping to gradually increase my activity to 10,000 steps per day.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #127  

I know it's crazy, but I don't even feel like I had a day off yesterday...really I didn't, so thank goodness its Friday!!!

Yah...my in-laws...sorry for the tmi, but it's just hard to put into perspective the situation - and my MIL hasn't been around for Thanksgiving in about 8 years...ugh, has it REALLY been that long already The last holiday she was at my house, her crazy, abusive b/f (who she is still with...) ran ME out of my own house and I spent the weekend in a hotel (LONG story). Needless to say, they haven't been welcome since.

Enjoying leftovers tonight! Dark turkey meat on fresh cauliflower tortillas - holy moly mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of P3! I will admit, as I was thinking about it today, I am looking forward to a more 'natural' diet. I would like to try the Kind bars DH has been eating...and it will be nice to have some nuts. I also need to lower the amount of protein I've been eating. PDoc wasn't concerned about my BUN/Creatin levels at this appointment but noted it should be down by my next physical...
I have some work to do tonight / tomorrow - reading the P4 'protocol' sheets and going through the resources here and on the Facebook page.
I know P4 is basically 'open', but I find that to be a bit of a misnomer as everything I always read / see is P4 = P3 breakfast, P1(ish) lunch with added fat (ie 4oz meat with avocado), and 4oz meat for dinner with carb - this is going to be difficult for me as, like HIS, I've never done the big b'fast, medium lunch, small dinner schedule...& don't mix too much fat with too much carb. Then snacking...I will also need to figure out / understand what technically constitutes a 'splurge' meal.
Obviously, going to the Cheesecake Factory and splitting a slice of you-know-what would = P1 the next day (I could never eat a whole one even pre-IP )...my planned 1st splurge meal out at the Indian restaurant = P1 next day...I guess there are always going to be questions
And I forgot about the 'indulgence day'...the P4 sheets still refers to it as a "day" but almost everything I read lately says "meal"...
so do you go back to P1 / P2 after indulging or just right back to normal eating?
I get that the indulgence meal is to keep the body guessing / metabolism running - and the P4 sheet doesn't say anything about dropping back after an indulgence meal - nor does it give guidelines for what can be eaten - although there is a picture of a pizza on the .pdf not my first choice but hey...

Last edited by hysteria_625; 11-27-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #128  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Beth - I have read the following...
If you have only a meal, you do not do P1/P2. You simply follow for P4 plan keeping in mind your AMR for the subsequent 6 days.
If you make it a cheat day, you do a P1 day (they emphasize only 1 P1 day) immediately following the cheat day. The science here is that your body needs insulin to store the excess so if you do not have an insulin response (as what will happen with a P1 day) then your body will naturally excrete the excess consumed.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #129  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

It seems to me the term "cheat" is just so undefined. Is a cheat meal as simple as three pieces of pizza instead of two? Or is it dinner at a buffet place where you eat everything? Maybe it depends on the individual. I'm finding that any excess carb in the evening leads to a weight gain the next morning. Last night I ate my P2 dinner, then had a SMALL sliver of apple pie later, and now here I am, up .75 pounds since yesterday and almost 2 pounds over my 155 desired weight. GRRRR. I do not want to live the rest of my life eating P1 two days a week because I had the recommended indulgence, you know?

I'm leaving in 20 minutes for the race. (It's an hour away, starts at 8:30.) As predicted, it's pouring rain and 38 degrees. BRRRR. It's going to be a cold, wet experience. I read everything I could find last night on how to prepare for running in heavy rain, and I put on my gear so I could be sure I'd stay as warm as possible. I'm taking a change of clothes and if necessary, I'll change after the race in the back of my minivan. I'm going to think positively and think of this as a NEW EXPERIENCE and that the odds are in my favor to be one of the few runners in my age group.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
It seems to me the term "cheat" is just so undefined. Is a cheat meal as simple as three pieces of pizza instead of two? Or is it dinner at a buffet place where you eat everything? Maybe it depends on the individual. I'm finding that any excess carb in the evening leads to a weight gain the next morning. Last night I ate my P2 dinner, then had a SMALL sliver of apple pie later, and now here I am, up .75 pounds since yesterday and almost 2 pounds over my 155 desired weight. GRRRR. I do not want to live the rest of my life eating P1 two days a week because I had the recommended indulgence, you know?

I'm leaving in 20 minutes for the race. (It's an hour away, starts at 8:30.) As predicted, it's pouring rain and 38 degrees. BRRRR. It's going to be a cold, wet experience. I read everything I could find last night on how to prepare for running in heavy rain, and I put on my gear so I could be sure I'd stay as warm as possible. I'm taking a change of clothes and if necessary, I'll change after the race in the back of my minivan. I'm going to think positively and think of this as a NEW EXPERIENCE and that the odds are in my favor to be one of the few runners in my age group.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
I agree, what IS the definition?? It scares me as I close in on leaving P1. I expect the answer to be something along the lines of knowing what your body/metabolism can tolerate- but still- that's so broad.
It's damp and drizzly ahead of the cold front that's due here-I hope the run isn't as bad as you are planning for-but at least you are ready! That's the spirit!! New experience, one you wouldn't have had a year ago?? You are going to do great!!!! Let us know how you make out
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Cold front has come through here today too, grey and drizzly. Can't complain too much though, November has been amazingly nice! I almost can't believe December is just a couple of days away.
The scale has been bouncing around for the past week, up half lb, down half, up again, down again. Grrrrrr.. I just hate when it does that, so annoying. I should stop weighing every day! I didn't have a WI day this week, my coach is on vac, so I should have a nice drop when I go in this week.

Dinner and a movie tonight. Going to have a salad/veggies for lunch, and will stay as much OP for dinner as I can.

Have a nice weekend, all
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

For those with the excess, too large clothing-

The first time I did IP, I started around a size 14 and ultimately ended up at a size 4. I took all of my old clothes to a local consignment shop and I probably made around $200-300. Not too shabby. From what I understood from the owner of the shop, everyone mostly brings in clothes that are too SMALL for them, and they end up with a lot of small sizes. Very rarely do they get the "double digit" sizes, so when they do, they are big ticket items.

Granted, it is a pain in the neck to bring them to the consignment shop in lieu of just donating them, but I made a decent amount of money that I used towards new clothes. In the end it was worth it.

Here is my view on the whole "cheat" debate:
Since I am doing this for the 2nd time, I am going to be much smarter about maintenance this time.

I think it is most important to follow your macros (carbs, proteins & fats). So let's say for maintenance you plan to follow roughly 1500-1600 calories a day and eat 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat (I am just using these numbers as an example). At 1500 calories, you would eat 150g carbs, 112g protein and 50g fat. Let's say you are going out to dinner for pizza and you plan to eat a couple of slices and a side salad, but you do not want to count this as a cheat. I would figure out how many cals, carbs, prot & fat that meal would be and then eat accordingly the rest of the day so that you do not exceed your allotted macros. I would NOT do a P1 day after this, because I stayed within my range of calories and macros.

On the other hand, let's say you are going to a party and you really want to eat whatever, you don't want to count or portion and you don't want to compensate the entire day. Then I would count this as a cheat, and do a P1 day the following day.

I think it is a fine line, a delicate balance. With all of that said, I do think it is important to acknowledge the difference between your regular eating, a small indulgence that fits into your allotted macros and a complete splurge. Just because I could make pizza fit into my macros and not have to do a P1 day, it doesn't mean that it is something I would do on a regular basis. It would still be occasional and the full blown splurges would be saved for special occasions. Does that make sense?
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #133  

Quote:
It seems to me the term "cheat" is just so undefined. Is a cheat meal as simple as three pieces of pizza instead of two? Or is it dinner at a buffet place where you eat everything? Maybe it depends on the individual. I'm finding that any excess carb in the evening leads to a weight gain the next morning.
Exactly HIS - and I am guessing this is because we are all individuals with different triggers / food sensitivities we have to account for. You note carbs seem to be an issue - at least in the evenings, as I am assuming you have been doing normal P3 breakfasts and they weren't causing issues. Idk what evening carbs are going to do to me yet. So far, I've avoided all the temptations, but will admit I bought a discounted pumpkin pie today and have sort of thought about having a very small slice tomorrow...but I'll go more into that below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

Here is my view on the whole "cheat" debate:
Since I am doing this for the 2nd time, I am going to be much smarter about maintenance this time.

I think it is most important to follow your macros (carbs, proteins & fats). So let's say for maintenance you plan to follow roughly 1500-1600 calories a day and eat 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat (I am just using these numbers as an example). At 1500 calories, you would eat 150g carbs, 112g protein and 50g fat. Let's say you are going out to dinner for pizza and you plan to eat a couple of slices and a side salad, but you do not want to count this as a cheat. I would figure out how many cals, carbs, prot & fat that meal would be and then eat accordingly the rest of the day so that you do not exceed your allotted macros. I would NOT do a P1 day after this, because I stayed within my range of calories and macros.

On the other hand, let's say you are going to a party and you really want to eat whatever, you don't want to count or portion and you don't want to compensate the entire day. Then I would count this as a cheat, and do a P1 day the following day.

I think it is a fine line, a delicate balance. With all of that said, I do think it is important to acknowledge the difference between your regular eating, a small indulgence that fits into your allotted macros and a complete splurge. Just because I could make pizza fit into my macros and not have to do a P1 day, it doesn't mean that it is something I would do on a regular basis. It would still be occasional and the full blown splurges would be saved for special occasions. Does that make sense?
Jenny - I think what you posted makes complete sense - and you have btdt, successfully!
This is where I wish IP was more concrete - and it disappoints me they seem to be going in the opposite direction of trying to get clients to be reliant on their products (the IP Complete...its advertised on the current P4 sheets ) as opposed to developing a more comprehensive maintenance schema / template - even if it was based on percentages - ie, "if you exceed more than 50% of your BMR maintenance calories in a day, you need to drop back and do a clean P1/P2 day"
Granted, this example, based on Jenny's calories, would be 2,250...not hard to surpass if you have a splurge meal / dessert at Cheesecake Factory with a glass of wine
But lets go back to the P4 sheet - you are suppose to be able to have an indulgence meal without dropping back to P1/P2 all the time, right? So with firmer guidelines I feel like there could (potentially) be more success.
Then there is the flip side that once in maintenance, we shouldn't have to monitor every single thing going in our mouths so this is where common sense comes into play - and finding a happy medium with the scale.
The protocol Facebook page has added another dimension of confusion...some of the additional P4 advice I've read:
- don't have an indulgence day / meal for 2 weeks after starting P4 - the theory being to give your body time to adjust to the new eating schedule (I think I am ok with this...just that my dinner carb tomorrow might be a small slice of pumpkin pie )
- some people aren't having indulgence meals / days at all...but I wonder if this is really such a good idea, since imho, it is important to keep our metabolism guessing.
- apparently eating unlimited veggies is encouraged I am looking forward to not weighing my brussel sprouts

I also went last night and read through Novak's Life After P1 threads - she had just recently returned back in March with a 3/4 year update. She went to Dr. Z - a local (somewhat infamous?) IP coach (in Rockville, MD I believe) who was well known for her maintenance seminars.
Basic summary is the same - use common sense, weigh 2 - 3 times per week, watch how clothes are fitting. One interesting note was apparently Dr. Z advocated for 'free' weekends - like Friday from 3p - Sunday evening - and then going straight & narrow through the week.
She also discusses the necessity for a full P1 reboot after the winter holidays for 2 - 3 weeks every year in maintenance, regardless of weight, to help 'reset the pancreas'

So last day of P3, weight = 145.8

I was so excited too - it was day 2 of 1/2 marathon training and I rocked it the hamstring is still a little tight but its healing quickly.

HIS - hope you rocked it this morning lady and the weather wasn't too horrible...we have the Toys For Tots event coming up in 3 weeks - DH is doing 10K, I am sticking with the 5K - and I will be praying for decent weather.

Linda - HOLY COW what a before and after picture on FB !!!!!! AMAZING I am so proud of you!!!!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 11-28-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #134  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in a long time so it was nice to catch up on these threads and see how well everyone is doing.
Firstly, I want to say how much I love this protocol. For the most part, I found P1 quite easy...almost too easy. I didn't have to think about what I was going to eat. I have a very busy schedule and have very little time for cooking so my meals were protein and veggies (usually lunch time) and then IP packets. This is ok for me because I'm a creature of habit and can eat the same thing and not get bored. Evenings, I'm driving kids around to sports activities so I'm always munching on celery/cucumbers/pickles etc.
So now I'm at my goal - which I never, ever, ever really thought would happen. My original goal was 140 but I have revised it to 145 because of my body shape. My top is very small, my waist is tiny and thank gawd my thighs finally lost inches , but my legs are still heavier. I decided it's better for me to focus more on toning now and not losing. Anyways, now I'm on P2 which is still similar to P1 so I don't have to think too much yet. But what next??? I read the threads and you're all so in tune with how much you have to eat and what combinations...and now I'm scared.
Now I have work to do AND I have to get to know this body. I look in the mirror and I don't know who this person is. The protocol is so effective, the weight has almost melted off which is what has kept me motivated but at the same time, I never really got a chance to get used to the changes. I'm an emotional wreck at the moment, ecstatic that I've been successful and frightened at the same time because I never want to go back to where I was 8 months ago.
I did purchase the book "refuse to regain" and read it awhile back. I have to read it again because I know it is extremely helpful.
So here's some of the milestone NSV's that I think only heavy people understand:
1. Getting up off the floor without struggling and looking around to see if anyone saw me.
2. Walking into a store that doesn't see plus sizes and not think everyone's wondering why I'm in there.
3. That moment when I realize my thighs aren't scraping together when I walk.
4. I get a pedicure for pleasure and not because I can't bend over and cut my toe nails.
5. I walk through a restaurant to get to a table and don't have study the room first for the path with the most room. And if the chairs are high like bar stools, it's not a problem.
6. Haven't gone back to Disney yet but when we do next year, I can fit on any ride. (sigh, I had a problem years back at 6-flags that I'll never forget).
7. I no longer have pain when I walk, in fact my step feels lighter and I can walk for long periods.
8. No more elastic waistbands on my pants.
9. I've had 2 people tell me I look younger. (that is my favourite)
10. The moment when I put my hands on my hips telling my husband something (I was probably correcting him), and I stopped speechless because I felt something hard. Was it? Could it be? Yes, I have hip bones.
11. THE CLOTHES!!!!!!
There are so many more and I am truly thankful for this protocol.
So in terms of food. I have one more week of P2. Then I have will to research these threads because if I can, I will piggy back off the information here along with my clinic.
For exercise, I started hot yoga (OMG - I love this), but only have time for once a week. I walk...a lot...I average about 18,000 steps a day. I walk to work from the train station and then I walk at lunch, and then I have 2 young labs that need to be walked at night. I'm always out with them. I plan to start P90x3 (I think that's what it's called), my husband and sons do it. Seems hard.
I'm not sure what my take is no indulging yet. That seems to be where I will really have to watch and see how things affect me. I know that I will always have to avoid chocolate because that's a real trigger for me. I can't ever have it in the house. The other stuff I'm good with having a taste and can walk away.
So sorry for this long, rambling post, I owe these threads a lot. Thanks to everyone for all the support and advice.
Have a great weekend.
livinlrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #135  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

I have 30 seconds to post, so I'll come back later with more thoughts about indulgences and my evening carbs and P3 (for livinlrg).

5K went great! Believe it or not, I won my age group again. Of course, there were only 5 of us in it. All the smart, fast runners stayed home. I still didn't meet my time goal of running a 5K in under 30 minutes - my time was 30:04. So still something to work toward.

The weather was drizzly and COLD. The 10K course had to be re-routed because of flooding! Most of my running gear is stuff I've cobbled together from thrift stores, so I wasn't really sure how well it was all going to work, but I felt good other than having cold, wet feet while waiting for the awards ceremony. Some of the newest running shoes have GoreTex inside them, which seems like a brilliant idea to me.

The course was moderately hilly but I ran the whole thing. Came in number 36 out of 78 women runners, so I finished in the top half. I think my goal for 2016 will be to get my 5K pace down to around 9 minutes (currently about 9:38). And try a couple of longer distances - 10K/15K for sure, and maybe that half marathon in Feb.

Have a great morning. I'll be back later this afternoon. Got more wedding stuff to do after church. We're in the final stretch!! Saturday is the Big Day!