Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Blue - I'm sorry to hear /hugs

Just in case I don't make it in here again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I think I am going to pass on the half of sweet potato for now. I could probably swing it since I'll be zero carbing it for the day with Isopure products, but yeah don't want to set myself off with any cravings etc. In the past I haven't had any problems with temptations, yesterday though I was taking a little too much interest in watching my co-workers eat their holiday pies LOL. We had a huge catered lunch with all sorts of amazing food. The biggest thing for me, being pretty broke, is not being able to take advantage of free food! This would have been like several meals, as they encourage everyone to take home boxes. I guess I've done that enough in the past though, they really like any excuse to throw food our way. We even have a huge Halloween lunch lol.
Anyway, I think I'm still going for that run regardless tomorrow since I'm going to have quite an excess of protein for dinner anyway. Going to make some 'stuffing' from quest bread annnnd a separate pumpkin spice roll. Also going to try something similar to what Beth posted in the alt thread as a sort of pie. Hopefully all of our creations will be a success!

Have a great day everyone!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

sma - I love pulling jeans off with unbuttoning them Great NSV!
& nope - I have every intention of hanging around...January will be my tough month - it is year end / W-2 time and we are going to have a LOT going on at work & unfortunately there is only so much 'prep' I can do in December.
Plus I will need to find time to train for the 1/2 marathon
Maybe this sounds a little weird, but I also believe in paying it forward...when I started late last January, and there was a core group of maintainers who were always amazingly helpful - Amber, Liana, Lisa...and then the Summer 2014 group too

Blue - thinking of you

Just a quick update...I feel AMAZING right now SO much more energy. Everyday of P3 it's just gotten better, and I am still hanging right in the mid 140's - 145.8 this morning. I am also going again on a regular basis, without Miralax! The constipation at the end of October was unbearable!

I get off at 2:00 today and then a little more shopping...

Prepped my P3 semi-compliant dessert last night, along with starting my moms stuffing. This afternoon starts the hard-core prep - sweet potato casserole (so it only has to be reheated), cauliflower mash (found a terrific recipe...again, not 100% protocol, but low enough in fat & calories for my liking), get the veggies ready, make the dip.
I am a little about the amount of dessert we are going to have tomorrow. I know we are feeding 21 people, but seriously, we will have:
pumpkin pie
apple pie
apple spice cake
banana pudding (real - not IP)
carrot cake
& possibly some strawberry thing my SIL posted on FB about

I am all for choices, but good grief!!!!! I told DH this morning I feel like I shouldn't make any main dishes - everyone can just eat sweets.

...first world problems eh...I hope I don't sound ungrateful - I AM thankful

For all the US IPeeps, happy Thanksgiving-Eve
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

I don't know what happened to my post this morning, but I'll try again from memory as I sit here at my desk-a little freaked out here, most especially because I can't put my finger on the cause. I know that this would be something that would happen to me (the freaking out part) once I got the cool scale and became a daily weigher... here's my issue-Sunday 132.8, (lowest weight yet, but doesn't count because it's at home and not the clinic-which I count as my true weight) (though tomorrow I will weigh myself around 9AM dressed as if I was at the clinic for the final input on the 25 before Thanksgiving challenge-but I digress) Monday I was 133, Tuesday 133.6 and today 134-so I am freaking myself out over it. Especially since I am not sure why I can't put my finger on it....anyone have any insight/experience they care to share? .....
sma I second that- funny to be able to do that with pants I used to wear on a regular basis- DBF reminded me to keep a pair so that I always remember how far Ii have come.
Beth I am so happy to hear how great you are doing in P3-and thank goodness you are going to stick around-
Downloaded the C25K app- now lets see how long it takes me to start it- lol.....
If I don't get back on- Happy Thanksgiving my 3FC family I heart you ALL-
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #109  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Just a quick pop-in....

Huge hugs to you, blue. We've always had kitties and dogs (living on a farm), and it's never easy when one crosses the Rainbow Bridge. And there's something about those cuddly male cats....

Ankle was really achey last night, woke up this morning and it feels great. I swear I can't figure it out. I'm going out for a 3 mile run this a.m.. I really need to at least walk tomorrow morning, but it's supposed to be the start of 3 days of rain, and of course the gym won't be open. They're predicting torrential downpour on Saturday morning. Wonder if the 5K will still happen?

More wedding stuff today - bride's final dress fitting, and then to the party store to buy candy for the candy table. My sewing machine is STILL in the shop, so I don't know if I'll get the cloth napkins finished in time. I still have to make all the bows for the whole event, but other than that, the making stuff part is mostly done. Except for daughter's dress - with her weight loss, the strapless dress no longer stays up! I have to do some major alterations to the bodice.

Have a great Thanksgiving, try not to focus too much on food, and enjoy the people you love. (Beth, my family always had about a dozen pies. It was ridiculous. No wonder my dad has diabetes. But my mom's specialty was pies. She lives in an Alzheimer's unit now, but people still talk with fondness about her pies.)

ETA: Linda, so many reasons for a slight up-tick in the scale. For me, it was usually a combination of needed to drink a bit more water, and having to "go." I found that if I could consume 20 oz more water, and eat a bar with a lot of fiber, that usually did the trick. Try not to worry. You KNOW the protocol works.

Last edited by HereIStand; 11-25-2015 at 10:31 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #110  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Sorry, one last thought..... I do NOT understand when these people in the FB groups gain 2-3 pounds in maintenance and then post that they lose it all in one day, doing P1. It's not working that way for me! I lost 2 pounds on 2 days of full-on P1, and when I went back to a P2/P3 day yesterday, I gained a pound again! What the heck. I don't think I'm going to be one of those people for whom maintenance is "easy." Grrrr.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Sorry, one last thought..... I do NOT understand when these people in the FB groups gain 2-3 pounds in maintenance and then post that they lose it all in one day, doing P1. It's not working that way for me! I lost 2 pounds on 2 days of full-on P1, and when I went back to a P2/P3 day yesterday, I gained a pound again! What the heck. I don't think I'm going to be one of those people for whom maintenance is "easy." Grrrr.
I think I know the post you are referring too - just remember, that is a guy ...hormonal-ly, regardless of age, we are always going to have more 'going on'
Glad you ankle felt better today! Hope you run went well.

& today was day 1 of 1/2 marathon training - basically a mile & a half - & I ended up with some kind of hamstring strain I stopped immediately...I can walk, squat, move around - its achy, but stretchable. It needs to rest...
What a way to start.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 11-25-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Thanks everyone for all the hugs. It’s going to feel really empty around here without our kitty, for such a small creature, he sure filled the house with his presence. Anyone with cats know what I mean.

Beth, that’s an impressive list of desserts! It sounds like your family is a lot like mine (and others, I suspect ) They will make short work of it!

Linda, it’s just a blip. You are so close to goal, it’s like the “diet gods” are pulling your chain. Stuff like that seems to happen at the stage you’re at, or so it seems from what others here have said. Don’t sweat it, it’ll all be fine in a few days.

HIS
I love the “Rainbow Bridge” image, that will stay in my mind.
Good luck with the wedding plans, hope the next few weeks aren’t too frantic.

I found this on FB (I think??) awhile ago, and saved it, thinking I might make something like this for our next Thanksgiving (found it too late for ours here in Canada). And it seemed a fitting image to share with you all here, and to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving veg.jpg
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #113  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Beth, I forgot to say earlier that I'm using Hal Higdon's half marathon training schedule. You only run 4 days a week, with one day of cross training and one day for just strength training. And he encourages you to run a 5K and 10K in the middle of the (10-week?) schedule. So that would keep your man happy. Almost any training plan, though, will tell you to do one tempo run (running a short-ish distance at your race pace), one interval day (running sprints/walks), and one long run, and then do a 4th day of running or cross training. That's pretty much the minimum for training for a half.

I remember my hamstring being pretty sore after my first day of sprint intervals. It's a reminder to not push too hard, too soon. And use your foam roller to relieve some of the soreness.

Ankle felt good during the run, and I've spent all day shopping and on my feet, with no pain. Maybe whatever it is, is finally easing up.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #114  

Glad to hear about your ankle HIS - and thanks! I will check out the program - sounds comparable to the app I am using

I pushed too hard, too fast. DH is being really cool - even looked up some things I could do - but tomorrow is a rest day!

Everything was going too good, kwim? Something had to give. I was so bummed though and will admit, I went a little crazy with food - nothing completely off the rails, but 1,800 k/cal total and a couple pieces of broccoli dipped in my sour cream dip
Old 11-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #115  

Good Morning my 3FC family and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in the States
HIS so glad to hear that the ankle may be finally on the mend. Thanks for your feedback about yesterdays freak out. I have been pretty lucky, not too much of a problem with the "big c" as others have seemed to experience and I drink no less than 100 oz of water a day. So, that probably wasn't the issue. My body is still a huge mystery to me- I need to pay more attention to become in tune with it. I've seen that here from others who are doing and getting it. Good luck with the rest of the wedding plans and things still to do. I hope that your machine is fixed- I didn't have to do anything really but find a dress and hand over some $$$ for my sons wedding and I was still stressed out way too much. I can't wait to see your pictures. That's AWESOME news about your daughters dress-CONGRATULATIONS to her and her continuing success!!!!
Blue Thank you, and you're right. My head gets the better of me. I just don't know why the uptick and it's more than I have seen since I got the scale and started the daily thing. I wish I had seen the veggie tray sooner- that would have been a great thing to bring to my sisters today. She's recently diagnosed diabetic- so we'll probably do a lot of talking about that-
Beth I do hope that you get some down time to relax with friends and family today- you've sure earned it!! Sounds like you are going to have quite the feast!!!
So, today we are off to my sisters house (about 20 minutes away) I am making and bringing green bean casserole and creamed onions (2 of my favorites) cauliflower mashed potatoes, and WF Cranberry jelly- and horseradish- I always mix some of that in to it (I couldn't survive on a planet with out Franks red hot and horseradish) I am afraid she is going to eat really late, which is going to throw me off -we don't go there until about 3 this afternoon-so I am thinking, maybe today (if I can figure out how to rig my iPhone because I don't have a fancyschmancy fitness holder for it) I'll start my C25K. That way I can eat a little more protein, and IF i decide to have a sneaky pete bite of a few things it won't impact me too terribly. (though sadly, I do realize that Pecan Pie is totally out of the question)
The scale went down a lb to 133 today- so yes, *rolling my eyes at myself* it was just one of those freaky little blips-but again, because the uptick was 3 days in a row, totalled 1.4lbs and was the most upward I have seen, it did really unnerve me.
Ok, time for breakfast and start of my day-
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #116  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Before I get uber busy .... Daughter got to ONEderland this morning!!

I found a recipe for a crust less, low-cal, low-carb pumpkin pie (really more of a pudding) that I made last night. Will share the recipe tomorrow when I have more time.

Today I'm thankful for our American freedoms, the Great State of Texas , my wonderful family, my faith, and a strong, healthy body. And you all, my IPeeps!
Old 11-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Destony- did you add something new to the rotation? I did not lose any weight this week and I think it is actually the extracts I have started adding. They are the only thing different for me and I think they are causing me to stall. I have this issue with WF products as well. So this next week I am going to cut them out and see what happens. I may be able to only have them a couple of times a week.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #118  

HIS - congrats to your daughter on her accomplishment! Hope dinner went well
Linda - I feel you on the scale flux. I will go into details below but am not looking forward to tomorrow / Saturday morning on the scale. Hope your dinner went well too - creamed onions eh? Whew

So technically today should have been day 1 of P4, but I waited until that Saturday...I guess I ended up eating P4 though not sure how much of a difference 2 days make...and I am planning a regular day tomorrow and then decide Saturday if I need to drop back for a day to handle scale flux from this afternoon.
Truthfully, I ate 90% compliant - I had one hunk of my stuffing as a taste test to be sure it was ok - I know what it should taste like kwim? It was probably 1" x 1" ...then my niece brought a delicious brussel sprout salad...it was brussel sprouts, feta, walnuts, & dried cranberries in a light balsamic. It was amazing and I had 2 small helpings. I also made cauliflower mash - but not P3 compliant - with light sour cream and 1T butter. It was amazing too before dinner I also was dipping veggies in hummus and a little of my French onion dip - more hummus though..oh, and one bite of apple spice cake - my first bite of cake in 10.5 months!!!!
Needless to say, I feel full and gassy right now Way too much dairy? Sugar? - almost feel hungover
I am still proud of myself though I had a wonderful meal - everyone ate well and everything turned out really good! And I felt in control.

Now it's time for about 60oz of water before bed

Eta - so the dessert / pudding I made - uh, yah...tastes fine, but the quest bar crust didn't handle being frozen very well and was hard as a rock I let it sit out for about 1/2 and hour and it softened a little but I would not repeat this unless it was fresh

Last edited by hysteria_625; 11-26-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:18 AM   #119  

Good Morning Everyone!!!
I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday! I stayed pretty much OP. Went to my sisters around 3, so prior to that 100% OP. When we got there I noshed on 3 or 4 pieces of raw Jicama she had out as part of the crudite (sp?) and some celery. Then for dinner I had turkey, white meat and eyeballed, and about 2 c of cauli fautaotoes, I had my WF cranberry jelly that I mixed with horseradish and was full when I finished. Deserts came out-pecan/kahlua pie, apple pie and trifle. The pecan pie- my favorite-i took some of the filling and licked it like a lollipop just once to get the taste, the apple pie I had a very small bite of it, less than the size of a dime, and the trifle- I had about 3 spoonfuls, you know those long handles small spoons, they are smaller than a teaspoon? Those, and that was delicious- it was a good thing I "seagulled" off of DBF's plate- if it had been on a plate in front of me.....I probably would have eaten considerably more. When I got home, to have my 3rd packet I had a crispy square- I probably could have chosen better, but I anted something sweet (probably triggered) and quick, was right before bed around 10. This morning, pleased that the scale is steady at 133. Tonight we are going to DS house for dinner and to celebrate his birthday and his new sons, they will be away next week and I didn't get to see them yesterday. I don't know what will be for dinner, I would assume leftovers- and we are to bring an ice cream cake. Tomorrow is WI day, so I'll have to be careful. Oh, and though I had the best of intentions- I did not start the C25K yesterday- I actually took a nap. I was so tired-DBF has the nasty cold going around and his coughing keeps waking me up, AND the guest room bed is piled high with clothes I need to get rid off- and that is turning in to an overwhelming task. I should make money on it all, but again, it's overwhelming- and I feel like I just want to throw it all in a couple of contractor bags and stick them in Goodwill- but I really need to recoup something from them- some of the stuff has never been worn, or worn once or twice.
Jenny I wonder if I am eating too much WF, though I don't think so, I go through spurts where I want to eat it all the time and then other times, I don't touch it all week. Next week, I'll probably try skipping it all together - maybe once or twice through the whole week and see what happens.
Beth, what I absolutely loved seeing in your post-And I felt in control <-THAT is huge!! Congratulations to you!!! That is something I need to work towards. I know that I could have totally let myself get out of control with the trifle last night if I had put a bowl of it in front of me. Congratulations to you! Just another reason to admire your success!!!!
HIS Congratulations to your DD!!!!! ONEderland-please tell her congrats for me!!!
Hope that you all have a great Friday- time to get ready for work for me-
PS_ Has anyone ever done C25Kand used the elliptical? I leave for work at 7AM and don't get home until after or very close to dark- so I am limiting myself- I know that I probably won't get the same benefit- but maybe someone has experience and can give me some pointers???

Last edited by Destony; 11-27-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #120  

Linda - that sounds like a lovely meal! It really sounds like you have things under control too you could have easily made yourself a bowl of trifle and CHOSE not to - you should be VERY proud of yourself
Long shot thought of the day - would it be worth it to hire an organizer to come in and catalog / help you sell the clothes? I won't even pretend to know how much something like that would cost, but if reasonable...?
Also, if these items are tagged / brand names, etc. and you are willing to take less for them, but save yourself a lot of time, a consignment shop?

So the scale was up less than a pound this morning I decided to stick with P3 breakfast, given that I truly don't feel like I went off the rails and had a 'splurge' meal...maybe a 1/2 splurge Out of everything yesterday, the bite of the cake and the amount of hummus I ate were the worst 'offenses'...and the dried cranberries.
Also, I was on my feet almost continuously from 7am - 7pm - but I left my phone in the bedroom so I didn't have to worry about distractions, spills, kids, etc...
Next year will be such a treat! We are going to my cousins in Indianapolis and won't have to deal with my in-laws
Yesterday was a day to give thanks for blessings - and this year has been a blessing to me, especially for my health, and my girls
...but I am going to the dark side for a minute because while I've always enjoyed doing for others, something about yesterday felt completely different and awkward. I just don't understand my in-laws and my tolerance level for their cr@p has become minimal. I've been fooling with their b-s for 22 years...and yesterday was no different. It is just SAD because I didn't do anything...but I kept asking DH last night if he thought something happened / went wrong - and in my heart, I know it was awkward. Idk - obviously 22 years of history can't be condensed on a blog...so long story a little shorter, yesterday was the first time in probably close to 10 years the siblings came together for a holiday meal. There are many reasons for this including, but not limited to child abuse (some have been charged), spousal abuse (not formally charged), animal cruelty (cats / dogs have been removed from homes), drugs...and some of you may wonder why we would want to have these folks around period, but I DO love my niece's and nephews. DD10 doesn't have the relationship with her cousins her sister does because we do isolate ourselves from the ridiculous drama most of the time.
...and I won't lie, drinking made dealing with / forgetting the issues SO much easier.
This was my first sober Thanksgiving in 10 years - since I was pregnant with DD10!

Anyway, sorry for unloading all this. I wish I was still in bed, but I am at work - looking forward to enjoying this unseasonably warm weather with a nice walk at lunch. The hammy is still a little sore but it will probably get more rest today here than it did yesterday while I was cooking and cleaning all day.

Happy 'black Friday' to all