Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #61  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

I have something to be extra thankful for this year - I saw the back surgeon this morning, and he believes my back will resolve itself with physical therapy - no surgery required. He said the spinal canal he opened up in 2008 is intact so nerves are not being impinged. He said that I am so tight from all my orthopedic injuries that I need flexibility work and that I should incorporate a daily Ibuprofen regimen (I really don't like to take anything) and he said I should notice a big difference. He expects me to see progress within 6 weeks so we'll see.

On the downside, the surgeon's scale says I was 5 lbs more than Monday - that is impossible on 700-800 calories a day so I'll check that to water, my jacket and shoes on and scale calibrations, etc. It is still alarming, and I wish I didn't look because now it is invading my thoughts.

Anyhow, I still plan to stay OP tomorrow. I have all my baking/cooking done for tomorrow so I'm all set for everyone else but me. I need to make my stuff but I am waiting for my frozen rhubarb to arrive that I ordered. I am going to make my pumpkin free pumpkin pie now while I wait to make the cranberry jelly which is what the rhubarb is for - I hope this comes out like a jello mold vs jelly.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies. I hope everyone is well.

Ro – Bless you for checking in and posting so often. You are doing great and I am so happy for your success! And how great that your Dr doesn't think you need back surgery!

Rayze – Good to see you too and glad you are back!

Keeping busy on this end and trying to tow the maintenance line. I hit goal (150) in June but have hovered around 155 most of these last few months. More recently I have hovered closer to 159. Last week I went on a Thanksgiving cruise with my immediate and extended family so back to P1 this week. At 160.8 this morning with another several planned days of P1 ahead of me to try and get down before holiday festivities begin.

NSV, the cruise was great and I got to enjoy activities that used to stress me out due to my weight including zip lining and rock wall climbing. Even rang the bell at the top of the rock climbing wall. Took me 2 attempts but I did it! Plus I got to wear several cute new dresses that I’d been buying but not had an opportunity to wear! Overall a great trip!

Talked to my IP coach about my ever increasing numbers on the scale. Along with my weight inching up, my BF% and lbs of fat have also inched up. Somewhat frustrating as I have been working out consistently since June with a trainer working on strengthening and toning. I know diet is 80+% of weight loss for me but I have a hard time wrapping my brain around how my BF% continues to go up when I see my body changing and becoming more toned and stronger. My diet, while not perfect, is a heck of a lot better than it was pre-IP. My BF% has gone from 25% to over 30% now. She said many of her clients do a full month of P1 after the holidays to get everything back in line. Overall, she said I just need to focus on the number on the scale, how I look and feel and how my clothes fit. Hard to do when I’ve spent the last year obsessing about all these numbers and watching them go down.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #63  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello gang!
I am hoping to get back to regular 3fc and controlled eating next week - rough summer/fall with DH - two hospitalizations, each followed by in-Patient rehab, and each of those sessions followed by at home therapy. Next week we begin outpatient PT and we will go together. I have sciatic pain and need to strengthen muscles around the knee I injured in August with fall at grocery store. And the husband is still at high risk of falling so he is working on balance and endurance.

It has been weeks since I have been dancing - cannot leave DH alone until he is more stable moving around and less likely to fall. The caregiving role, plus continuing full time work has been really grueling. I have been eating my way through the emotional stress.

I had carpal tunnel surgery on Thursday and I guess the recuperation is going ok. Bandage comes off on Tuesday, and regular use of the hand is what is needed to get it back to normal.

I look forward to the satisfaction that comes with being on program and the support I get from you guys. I am so glad you are still here and continue the o support one another.

I have missed you all terribly!
Old 12-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #64  
oneuh2

Wow! Where is everyone? I hope we have not devolved into a state of total no show -- I need you guys!

I had my carpal tunnel surgery on Dec 3rd and my wrist seems to be healing well - stitches come out on Monday 12/14.

I went for my PT eval this week on Thursday - my sciatica has acted up to the point where I am barely able to move - low back pain as well as the trigger pain all the way down the the left leg. I am so glad to be going to PT -- the Body Dynamics Inc physical therapy is part of their integrated, whole person approach to health and wellness. I will have both PT and massage to deal with my painful condition, and then move into a fitness routine that may include some pilates and a regime that involves my Total Body Gym. If I can get this going and turn it into a regular habitual routine, I will be in good shape going forward.

My husband is having his PT at the same location - I hope the earnest positive approach at BDI will engage his spirit and help to keep him on a good track, too.

But as I get my act together (mine and the support for DH), I really want to reconnect with my 2014 Starter buddies... I hope you will be back....
Old 12-13-2015, 03:07 AM   #65  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Wow! Where is everyone? I hope we have not devolved into a state of total no show -- I need you guys!

I had my carpal tunnel surgery on Dec 3rd and my wrist seems to be healing well - stitches come out on Monday 12/14.

I went for my PT eval this week on Thursday - my sciatica has acted up to the point where I am barely able to move - low back pain as well as the trigger pain all the way down the the left leg. I am so glad to be going to PT -- the Body Dynamics Inc physical therapy is part of their integrated, whole person approach to health and wellness. I will have both PT and massage to deal with my painful condition, and then move into a fitness routine that may include some pilates and a regime that involves my Total Body Gym. If I can get this going and turn it into a regular habitual routine, I will be in good shape going forward.

My husband is having his PT at the same location - I hope the earnest positive approach at BDI will engage his spirit and help to keep him on a good track, too.

But as I get my act together (mine and the support for DH), I really want to reconnect with my 2014 Starter buddies... I hope you will be back....
Hi Cheryl - I am still around. I stopped posting for reason you cite - it was like posting to a journal because there wasn't any interaction for a while. I hope your PT goes well and you are on the mend soon! I have been off plan since Tuesday as I have been burning candle at both ends with my business and the political campaign as well as getting ready for holidays. I need to ensure I get back on Monday - I have done a lot of damage being off plan for 5 days. Plus, I feel awful. I need a week back on track and will need this support to get me through. So, I am here even if it is just the 2 of us
Old 12-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone....Sorry I fell off the radar (and the scales) .. But I am back... MY old coach is back in business with Medifast starting in January, but she will continue to coach me with IP as long as I get my own food...So excited...

I have been so busy here. DH is officially retired. I pulled off a fantastic surprise party! He also had his last chemo on Friday so we are excited and nervous now. We need to wait till the first week in January to get the PET scan and then hopefully the all clear.

I am having a really hard time getting back on track for more than a day at a time. I know it can be done. Just need to get my mind back in the game... I am going to adjust my stats because I am still up that 10 pounds. My christmas goal is to be back under 200...that gives me 2 weeks to shape up and get that 5# off...

I see that reading back a few of us are struggling, but glad to be landed back on the thread..I think that keeps me on track...
Old 12-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #67  
oneuh2

Dear Ro!! So glad you are still engaged - 5 days off is enough time to feel crummy - and believe me, I know how crummy feels. I am so ready to return to feeling good.

I have seen lots of recipes you have been sharing and I saw Janeva's posting about the recipe book.... kind of more pricey than I had hoped but it's nicely done!!

Sue - what great news re your DH - I am sure you thought the end of chemo treatment would never come. What a great way to celebrate the end of one year and the start of a new one. Retired and well on the way to recovery!!!

So glad to see you all are still engaged!

Ro - I think I saw where you posted info re a coach that can be engaged virtually? Can you share that again for me - I need to re-connect with a coach for the accountability. It is so necessary for me, and flopping around trying to do this with alts all on my own is not enough.

Alexandra? Briael? DD? CenTxChk? anyone else still here? I will have to check out the maintenance threads and see if I can find some 2014 Starters -- I miss you all!!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #68  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Dear Ro!! So glad you are still engaged - 5 days off is enough time to feel crummy - and believe me, I know how crummy feels. I am so ready to return to feeling good.

I have seen lots of recipes you have been sharing and I saw Janeva's posting about the recipe book.... kind of more pricey than I had hoped but it's nicely done!!

Sue - what great news re your DH - I am sure you thought the end of chemo treatment would never come. What a great way to celebrate the end of one year and the start of a new one. Retired and well on the way to recovery!!!

So glad to see you all are still engaged!

Ro - I think I saw where you posted info re a coach that can be engaged virtually? Can you share that again for me - I need to re-connect with a coach for the accountability. It is so necessary for me, and flopping around trying to do this with alts all on my own is not enough.

Alexandra? Briael? DD? CenTxChk? anyone else still here? I will have to check out the maintenance threads and see if I can find some 2014 Starters -- I miss you all!!!!
Sure, it is www.totalwellcoach.com. She is an RN and will even ship product to you.

Sue - great to hear from you! I am so happy you achieved that milestone with DH and hoping for the very best outcome with the scan.

Cheryl - they haven't been around in any of the threads for quite a while.

I need to get my head on straight to start tomorrow. I am planning to fast tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #69  

Great to be back....

I am trying not to beat myself up. Holiday party last night so food was out of my control. Salad was already dressed but that it what the bulk of my plate was. Had a small piece of chicken marsala and 3 bbq spare ribs (resturant we were at is famous for that). No dessert I sipped plenty of water!

I am trying to make Monday - Friday this week super strict and get my body back in IP condition. Being out of it I feel so bloated..
Old 12-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #70  
oneuh2

Sue - you are doing such a good job of navigating the emotional stresses and the holiday temptations - and you are right about the bloat feeling. I have been eating totally out of control and I feel miserable.

Ro - thanks for the link for the RN - I think this could be a good way for me to go as I get back on track with IP. I have a few IP products I'd like to get, and if I can arrange some regular periodic check in with the RN for accountability, that might be enough program structure, without the money investment I was putting in before.

Sorry that JJTx and CenTxChk and Avalon have moved onto maintenance somewhere else - I did connect off 3FC with Briael - I hope she will be back once the holidays are over.

I went to PT with DH for his first real outpatient session today. He did well and seemed to be quite engaged with the whole thing. This is extremely good, as he was so depressed that he had given up back in September. The integrated wellness PT facility where we are going is probably just the ticket to bring my DH back into some sense of passion about life. I am praying this is the case - when I had to take him back to the hospital with aspiration pneumonia in October, I thought for sure they would send him home and tell me to call hospice. This possibility of a real turnaround is more that I could possibly have hoped for.

I got my stitches out of my hand today - very sore and the hand is weak, but the surgery is producing improvement already - no waking up with it painfully asleep (you know the screaming tingling type of feeling when a limb goes to sleep?) - that has been happening every night for months now.

I go for PT and a therapeutic massage tomorrow - hoping to get my sciatica under control so I can get back to dancing by the end of the year.... right now, I am a giant moan and groan every time I stand up from sitting for more than 10 minutes....

l cannot believe how physically out of condition I have become in just a few months - looking forward to getting things back on a smart, fit track to head into the new year.

So glad to be reconnecting with you guys - thanks so much for being here for me.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #71  

One - So you have a lot going on LOL...

Supposed to see my coach this Thursday, but now I think one of my deals may be closing so I will have to cancel. Today I am taking Mom for an Endoscopy and then off to work. DH is not feeling well after this last round of chemo so he has just been laying around. I think he is a bit depressed...I think I need to find a counciler for him / us/. We went to one for years and loved her, but she retired to South Carolina...hard to make it there for an hour session.LOL.. SHe recommended someone else. I think I need to make the call..
Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

HI Ladies! So glad to see Cheryl and Sue back! I have been around but mostly lurking. Not much to add these days and the boards have been so quiet. Bless Ro for continuing to post and keeping things alive.

Cheryl and Sue – You’ve both had so much personally going on the last several months. It is so hard to watch someone we love suffer. And of course, most of our adult life we’ve used food to deal with stress. I think it is a success that you are back. You are stopping the bleeding now. You can do this!

Sue – You know I went to therapy last year and am a big proponent of it. Make that appnt today. If DH won’t go…you go. Take care of yourself girlie.

Today is my 6 month anniversary since hitting goal. I kind of can’t believe that I’ve maintained for this long. It has been a tough 6 months. The learning curve was huge. Lots of stress and over-analyzing. Only in the last month or so do I feel like I’m hitting some kind of rhythm…mostly having to do with accepting my weight at 155, not 150. I still have the same pair of jeans I wear every week to make sure they fit. A couple times they were too tight and that was my signal to hop back on the P1 bandwagon.

The next couple of weeks will be tough but we can do this! And January and a great month of cleaning things up and refocus on the new year.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #73  
oneuh2

So glad to see the CenTxChk -- what an inspiration you are - 6 mos in maintenance, and so persistent in continuing to check in with the 2014 Starters here in our thread. I cannot tell you how much I admire your accomplishments and aspire to be like you.

The virtual coach that Ro shared has a holiday deal going ... here is the email I rec'd - I have not joined her yet. If anyone is a client with her and wants to recommend me and get the good deal below, PLEASE TELL ME ASAP - I will be glad to call Joyce and sign up by Friday!!!

Happy Holidays -- For You and a Friend

Refer a friend between now and December 18th
Your friend will get $50 off the Initial Consultation*
You will receive $100 credit toward Ideal Protein products and supplements**

*Your friend must pay prior to December 18, 2015 for the protocol and book an Initial Consultation for a date in January 2016. NO REFUNDS! This is a rock-solid commitment!

**You receive $100 credit good between January 2 through January 31, 2016.

Call Coach Joyce at 617-666-1122 or email [email protected]
www.TotalWellCoach.com
Old 12-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
HI Ladies! So glad to see Cheryl and Sue back! I have been around but mostly lurking. Not much to add these days and the boards have been so quiet. Bless Ro for continuing to post and keeping things alive.

Cheryl and Sue – You’ve both had so much personally going on the last several months. It is so hard to watch someone we love suffer. And of course, most of our adult life we’ve used food to deal with stress. I think it is a success that you are back. You are stopping the bleeding now. You can do this!

Sue – You know I went to therapy last year and am a big proponent of it. Make that appnt today. If DH won’t go…you go. Take care of yourself girlie.

Today is my 6 month anniversary since hitting goal. I kind of can’t believe that I’ve maintained for this long. It has been a tough 6 months. The learning curve was huge. Lots of stress and over-analyzing. Only in the last month or so do I feel like I’m hitting some kind of rhythm…mostly having to do with accepting my weight at 155, not 150. I still have the same pair of jeans I wear every week to make sure they fit. A couple times they were too tight and that was my signal to hop back on the P1 bandwagon.

The next couple of weeks will be tough but we can do this! And January and a great month of cleaning things up and refocus on the new year.
So happy to hear you have made it 6 months! I was seriously contemplating making my goal 200 because my body likes it here LOL...But I know I will be much happier with 200's far in the rear view mirror. 180 seems a good settling point. I can pretty much wear everything in my closet then and shop at regular stores... Saturday I picked up 2 sweaters at Banana Republic...Is it work not still feel like you don't belong in there shopping? I seriously had a bit of anxiety that nothing would fit...but the size large fits perfectly and I wore one of the sweaters to work yesterday... I seriously have a distorted image of my body..

ANyway yesterday was a full day on P1. Let's go for day 2! Friday is my annual cookie exchange with the girls. I am planning to have 1 of the signature cocktails, but that is the only cheat I plan. I won't eat the cookies so they are safe and I will bring a P1 Appitizer so I have something to eat...
Old 12-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #75  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
So happy to hear you have made it 6 months! I was seriously contemplating making my goal 200 because my body likes it here LOL...But I know I will be much happier with 200's far in the rear view mirror. 180 seems a good settling point. I can pretty much wear everything in my closet then and shop at regular stores... Saturday I picked up 2 sweaters at Banana Republic...Is it work not still feel like you don't belong in there shopping? I seriously had a bit of anxiety that nothing would fit...but the size large fits perfectly and I wore one of the sweaters to work yesterday... I seriously have a distorted image of my body..

ANyway yesterday was a full day on P1. Let's go for day 2! Friday is my annual cookie exchange with the girls. I am planning to have 1 of the signature cocktails, but that is the only cheat I plan. I won't eat the cookies so they are safe and I will bring a P1 Appitizer so I have something to eat...
Great plan for your cookie event, Sue!
I picked up some Quest chips - glad to have portable items - and I go back to the office tomorrow for the first time in weeks - great day to try to be OP all day and get this reboot moving forward.

I thought about hanging out at 170... Ok idea until I slipped backward to the 180's.... Not good. I have a new petite size large suede coat in my closet that I cannot fasten up..... Gotta get back to the 160's. And I hate that a lot of the regain has gathered in the waist line area... Also not good.

Thanks for letting me share my mental process of trying to beat down the gremlins and get back into P1 mode with a downward heading scale. Y'all are the best!
Closed Thread