Old 10-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.8/184/130

Height: 5"6"

Default IP + Phentermine?

Hi, I'm just starting IP tomorrow. I recently had a baby, and prior to that I went through fertility treatments. So with those two things combined, I have 70-80lbs to lose. I was als just diagnosed with insulin resistance, so it really lit a fire under me to lose the weight. I did IP a few years ago and had great results, so I wanted to do it again now.

Anyway, my doctor wanted to prescribe me Phentermine. Has anyone taken Phentermine along with doing IP?
blondee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hi blondee - you are doing this through a clinic, correct? Talk to your coach, but IP, by itself, DOES work & I doubt they will support using drugs. Being in ketosis naturally suppresses appetite, no pharmaceuticals needed. I would suggest looking around the site tonight and being as educated as possible before meeting with your coach tomorrow. These are great places to start.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...28-2015-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:32 AM   #3  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

I am not a Dr. however I had high blood sugars that came in line within about 14 days after starting IP Phase 1 ...

These were my results:

Instantaneous Blood Sugar:

Before starting IP P1 ...
Fasting blood sugar 160-170

Two weeks after starting IP P1
Fasting blood sugar 110

90 Day A1C Blood Sugar:

Before Starting IP P1
A1C = 6.5

6 Months after Starting IP P1 (after losing 70 pounds)
A1C = 5.6

So my advice would be to avoid that heavy side effect drug and just try IP ... Stick with the program ... Dont cheat ... my guess is you will find that you dont need that drug after a few weeks.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-12-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.8/184/130

Height: 5"6"

Yeah it's all through one clinic. They said they have the best success with IP with phentermine added. When I've done IP in the past I was still hungry, even though I followed the plan to a t. I did take the phentermine the first day this time and after I was in ketosis I stopped taking it.

My blood sugars are totally normal - fasting was 70s and 1 hour after a meal is 80s. I'm just insulin resistant - not diabetic. So I have slightly high insulin levels, but normal blood sugar.
blondee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #5  
Started IP on 7/19/2015

S/C/G: 192/135/135

Height: 5' 7"

I am not a doctor either, but have you been tested for PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome)? You have the classic signs: infertility, weigh-gain, insulin resistant. I have PCOS and I take metformin for it. It is a diabetes drug, but my doctor says that it is helpful for people with PCOS and can help prolong your time before actual diabetes sets in. Just a though to ask about.
Number7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi there
I took phentermine on a similar to IP diet. I found it very effective. However using it daily increased my anxiety too much, so that once I was in ketosis I stopped using it. I now have some and use it occasionally if I am traveling or such and know there will be tempting food items. My doctor said that is a perfect way to use it, as an occasional appetite suppressant. I didn't want to become too dependent on it to control my eating, but if I am going to a food filled all day family event for example, it is very useful.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #7  
GiggirlNY

S/C/G: 193/153/140

Height: 5ft.5in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7 View Post
I am not a doctor either, but have you been tested for PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome)? You have the classic signs: infertility, weigh-gain, insulin resistant. I have PCOS and I take metformin for it. It is a diabetes drug, but my doctor says that it is helpful for people with PCOS and can help prolong your time before actual diabetes sets in. Just a though to ask about.

Was just lurking and saw your weight profile. You and I are on almost the same trajectory. Congrats on your success! I started June 1, 2015. People are amazed at my loss. I still sometimes feel like I weigh the same although I know I look different. Funny. But you are doing fantastic and keep it going. I'm finding this last lap more mentally challenging.
GiggirlNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

hey blondee-

phentermine is really just appetite supressent, it itself does not produce weight loss...just keeps you from wanting to eat/overeat.

i used it on and off, when my appetite seemed to ravenous to not go off plan and it can definitely help in the first one or two weeks- I wish I had it then!

After a week or two you will probably find that you dont even need it!
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote