Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Ro - the "guarantee" part is what bothers me. Everyone is different and nothing is absolutely guaranteed - especially when/if there are other health factors involved (ie - hypothyroid) - also, how many times you've done IP, other diets, how metabolically resistant your body has become - although one of the benefits of IP is that it does seem to overcome most metabolic resistance, etc...
No offense, but you just went through some major health issues...why are you trying to mess with what is working - and maintaining your health? You are losing steadily - reboots are for those who have stalled for one reason or another. - just my $0.02...
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #17  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Beth and Amber. No offense taken.
My point was that things are going well, I'm being checked by a doctor routinely and that I lost 1.1 and then 1.7 and then 4 in last 3 weeks and I think I should have averaged 3 pounds over those 3 weeks. I have not been following protocol to the letter of the law, still with some nagging doubt this diet caused my problems, and I am now going to follow the protocol as prescribed. I reviewed with the doctor and nutritionist and they are fine with my doing that - we reviewed in detail today.
We also noted that Nov 8th completes 3 months for me so on Nov 9 (5 weeks from now), we are going to get new blood results to see how things are doing. The more I read, the more I do not think this diet triggered my problem and that is good for my mental well-being. I want to be done with Phase 1 as fast as it is safe to lose what I need to and for the shortest duration it is going to take my body.

I am not speaking for others but sharing my experience. I quoted IP's own information so you can take issue with their info if you choose - regardless of whether it is 3 pounds of fat or not, the point is that I am going to follow their macronutrients precisely with the belief that I will get the quickest and yet safest result for me. I am certainly learning along the way with the 2 experiences.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #18  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Dang it all. I never realized how sensitive I was to changes. I've been on a bit of wild roller coaster ride for the past 10 days, but back on track now.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-08-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Find a formula that works and stick with it!
You don't know if it works as well as it can until you try changing some things up. Seems you learned the hard way. I am learning too. If you chalk it up as lessons learned, I think you move past it faster as you can't change the past.

Last edited by Ro22; 10-05-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #20  
Serial Dieter

I agree Ro. It's all a big learning process.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-08-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #21  

Yes, this last year has been a lot of trial and error for me also. I think for those of us who are attracted to the science part of trial and error, it can be really helpful - I know for me it has been. As long as I don't let myself get caught in any negativity or discouragement, and "pick myself and dust myself off" so to speak.
Sometimes one thing works for me, and then a few months later not.... so it's ongoing it seems.
But definitely getting simpler.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #22  
Serial Dieter

Good attitude and strategy Amber. I think it's a matter of not letting things snowball when you run into problems.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-08-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #23  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Yes, this last year has been a lot of trial and error for me also. I think for those of us who are attracted to the science part of trial and error, it can be really helpful - I know for me it has been. As long as I don't let myself get caught in any negativity or discouragement, and "pick myself and dust myself off" so to speak.
Sometimes one thing works for me, and then a few months later not.... so it's ongoing it seems.
But definitely getting simpler.
I agree on the negativity/discouragement aspect. For example, I bought a blood ketone meter so that I could scientifically gauge the trial and error things I was doing but the ketone readings have made no sense so it was discouraging to see me doing everything right and fall out of optimal ketosis and when I was deviating from protocol be in nutritional ketosis. It was messing with my head as I was dwelling on why the readings were making no logical sense. I gave up measuring my blood ketones - I figure with the carbs I am consuming, I know I am in ketosis so I stopped measuring as it was causing negative thoughts.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #24  
Serial Dieter

Yes, I totally relate that that Ro -- I gave up on using my keytosis sticks in the first week of my diet.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-08-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,

Down a couple of more this week, and keeping on track. I was just examining the latest phase 3 sheets which came out after my original phase off. Talk about complicating it and pushing their meal replacement! Not that I think using a meal replacement is a bad idea in maintenance, but really....

I have my annual 10K coming up next Sunday, and while I don't usually complete my training for it, I didn't train at all this time! Just started for like a week two months ago and that was it! It's gonna be rough and they are calling for rain and snow Like my sister said, motivation to get my butt moving!

Also not happy to see my chest deflating AGAIN! Hopefully it'll bounce back like it did last time!

I hope all is well for everyone and it's a strong willed start to the week
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:43 AM   #26  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Alexandra - congrats on the 130lbs gone. You are doing so amazingly well, kudos to you lady!

Sue - change that coach. If she's not helping, she's no use to you. You know you can do this, it's just a matter of getting your head back into the right space!

Cheryl - hope all goes well with hubby's tests. Life has a habit of throwing nasty curves at us when least expected so don't be too hard on yourself for a little "slippage".

DD, glad to see you're moving into a good week 3, keep it up!

Amber - looks like you've cracked the secret to maintaining. Way to go!

Ro - definitely seems like you're doing better with IP now.

I'm struggling to get into compliance, still. Have good days and bad. Have gained more than I like and having a wardrobe full of clothes in too-small sizes that were my motivation and knowing that it'll be a while before I'm anywhere near them again is kicking my butt.

We are finally finished with the floor installation, the furniture has arrived and the cats are no longer terrified of leaving the bedroom and life is slowly getting back to normal. I don't thrive on having strangers in my home and it's certainly thrown me for a loop not being able to use my kitchen (because it's been under a ton of dust while they were doing the floor). Lots and lots of cleaning this week. I have a filthy head cold that is demotivating me from doing all but the most essential chores and I am looking forward to feeling better and healthier.

IP compliant foods restocked, packeted up ready for the onslaught in the rush to Christmas.

Stay strong, ladies.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Saw my old coach yesterday and had a long talk...feeling much better. I know I had done great on this program and I know I am bored, but I have to stick it thru and be done... I am not ready yet and talking to my old coach and adjusting some things was just the kick I needed... Back to the plan that worked for me! LOL

So busy at work and home lately ...fall is always a busy time of the year, but now with DH being sick and DS needing to get college applications and visits in I feel like I am on a never ending roller coaster LOL...DS says all applications are going in by November 1st so it is really crunch time now. Hockey starts Nov 6th.
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #28  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Saw my old coach yesterday and had a long talk...feeling much better. I know I had done great on this program and I know I am bored, but I have to stick it thru and be done... I am not ready yet and talking to my old coach and adjusting some things was just the kick I needed... Back to the plan that worked for me! LOL

So busy at work and home lately ...fall is always a busy time of the year, but now with DH being sick and DS needing to get college applications and visits in I feel like I am on a never ending roller coaster LOL...DS says all applications are going in by November 1st so it is really crunch time now. Hockey starts Nov 6th.
Glad to hear it, Sue! Being busy is a good thing!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:03 AM   #29  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
IP compliant foods restocked, packeted up ready for the onslaught in the rush to Christmas.
Sounds like you are all ready, Amanda. I'm pulling for you to get into those clothes asap!!! I'm working on doing the same. I'm back into the 100's, thank God! This is when I can really feel the inches being lost so I am pushing hard. I finished day 3 of the minimum macros and feeling good - can't wait until Monday to see what scale shows! And, my Cubbies won tonight!!!!

It hurt to have to buy larger sizes again while I worked to get back so I wish you God-speed!!!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #30  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Hi All,

Down a couple of more this week, and keeping on track. I was just examining the latest phase 3 sheets which came out after my original phase off. Talk about complicating it and pushing their meal replacement! Not that I think using a meal replacement is a bad idea in maintenance, but really....

I have my annual 10K coming up next Sunday, and while I don't usually complete my training for it, I didn't train at all this time! Just started for like a week two months ago and that was it! It's gonna be rough and they are calling for rain and snow Like my sister said, motivation to get my butt moving!

Also not happy to see my chest deflating AGAIN! Hopefully it'll bounce back like it did last time!

I hope all is well for everyone and it's a strong willed start to the week

Glad to hear you are down a couple of more - goal is just around the corner! Good luck with the 10k!

I hope the coaching is going well too.