Old 06-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ahahahah, down to counting halfdays, now, Slip! Whatever it takes, eh?

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Liana, it is tough to manage when there are no grades to earn or consequences for behavior. We are holding onto a thread of sanity,lol! The kids only come for a half day tomorrow. Just goodbyes, yearbooks signing, and a fun movie playing- but the behavior ramps up with less structure. Pray for me,lol.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip - good luck tomorrow!

Liana - I should look at selenium is helping. I'm not sure what it is but I can look it up. In terms of having "fun" with hubby I feel with the weight off there is a change in hormones and I'm not as "fun". sorry if it's TMI.

Doc office called and the assistant read results that scan showed a healed fracture and Chiro saild I could start run walking this week so I did a couple miles on threadmilk yesterday and almost 5km today. Still need to get better circulation to my toes but things are looking up. Feeling more in control of my food which is a help.

Tomorrow is my birthday 41 years old. Life just seems to get better in many ways.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #304  

Jenny, Happy birthday, dear friend! So happy to read that your fracture has healed. Wonderful that your birthday is bringing such positive news.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #305  

School is out for kids! The relief has set in and I am beginning to relax. Curriculum writing next week. Celebrating Mom's birthday today. Then back on clean eating for the week. Hope your Sat. Is going well.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #306  

Yay you made it Slip! How was your mom's bday? We had the kids bday party at our house yesterday 17 kids! A reptile guy came and did a show I'm not sure how humane it was for the reptiles to have the kids hold then. But it did provide an hour if structured entertainment.

I learning how to run all over again which episode fine. Do 5 minutes and walk 1. I've kept my cardio pretty up from biking but I can feel the difference. Going to call a sports medicine clinic today about the poor circulation issue.

Had 2 dinners out - pretty much on plan and my wt is .5 up which I'm thinking is salt. The last 2 weekends have been the most consistent for me. It feels good for me to be in controlsnd not the food. I had a lot of resistance at the party and threw stuff out after. May need to throw more out

Still need 5 -6 lbs off to be under 165. Maybe it will be 9 if I want to live under 165 and allow for the reset. I'll have to see what it feels like. I'm 169 today.

Liana I saw on fb something about your phone did it get sorted? Such a pain.

Have a great start to the week ladies
Old 06-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #307  

Hi gals... not long now, Laura!!!
I did get my phone sorted out, back to my LG3 which is good enough for me. I miss the older phones you could drop without worrying so much about. Now these newer ones... you look sideways at them and they are toast. And I don't like the forced purchase of expensive cases to 'protect' them. Otter boxes come to mind here.
Sat night we went to a concert at the theatre - folk/country and alt/rock/country. Lots of fun, but I twisted my bad ankle again on a stupid little rock in the paved parking lot. Figures I had to hit the only rock for miles. Spent 2.5 hours at emerg to get an x-ray just in case as it is my previously broken and metal plated bad ankle. In the end the emergency department was just too busy with more serious stuff, so I signed myself out and DH took me home where I taped and wrapped it and iced and elevated it. On crutches yesterday because it wouldn't hold my weight properly, but today swelling is way down and I'm walking, albeit with a tiny limp, so not broken just lightly strained. Feeling sorry for myself today, brunch was pork rinds and jalepeno monterey jack, lol. Not exactly P1 - more like Keto-heaven.

I hope you get back to enjoyable running Jenny, but at least you have your bike too.

Liana
Old 06-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #308  

Hi girls,

Regular school year is officially over! Writing curriculum for 4 days, then freedom.

Liana, your poor foot! Interesting sounding lunch! Bummer about the phone.

Jenny, Mom cancelled lunch on her birthday. She had to be up extremely early that day and was tired. My weight is at 173, but all my clothes fit. I am okay with it because my girls look better!

I am typing on my "end of the year survival present", I replaced my five year old iPad with an iPad Air 2. I like it.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #309  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Hi lovely ladies

Welcome Carrots sorry for the delayed response I am inconsistent posting and it has been a busy few days. Went to cottage this weekend for one night and then had kids bday. Plus I'm still binge watching Sons of Anarchy! SLIP, I saw your cousin character get blown away so sad.

Carrots phase 1 took me almost exactly a year. I exercised the whole way thru which helped with the inches but may have slowed the losses. I t lived for a while under 165 then 167 still measuring the same as 157 -I was working out a lot 11 hours a week and then with foot injury had gone up to 175. I'm 171.5 today so getting back down to 165. You can do it just stick to the plan and it will come off. In some ways the slower the better cuz it won't hurt your metabolism later. It was about 10lb a month for me.
You are doing great keep going! What did your hairdresser say? I'm sure lots of people will notice soon.
Thanks so much for this detailed reply! I appreciate it so much. You worked so hard and I want the same results as you! Very inspiring for me.

I had a couple of weeks that I haven't done well on the scale even though I ate on plan and I stopped posting. I don't have it in me to brag on a .8 loss like I had last week but at least it was a loss. I thought maybe the scale would catch up somehow but I only lost 2.2 today. So today I'm celebrating the 230s, haven't been here in almost a year.

Even if I'm not posting, I'm lurking and cheering you all on!
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #310  

Carrots, every loss or "stay the same" is a win! This is a long journey and posting through the ups and downs is key for me. Only time in three years that I hit a slide is when I stopped posting. Stay strong
Old 06-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #311  

Hi mydietingway and welcome!
Here's a bit of help with what some others are eating...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...er-2016-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ll-2015-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-4-a.html

Just a note that most of us on here have been in maintenance for a while and will do a reboot now & then, but mainly we are not on the weight loss phase of the IP diet. So our menus might not be what you want for weight loss if you are still in the other phases. You are welcome to post & chat anywhere you like though, and we are happy to give you support in your journey.

Liana
Old 06-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #312  

Hi girls,

Finished writing curriculum early, so summer started today! I worked my behind off setting up the sun deck and cleaning up the shade patio. Father's Day here for just my parents on Sunday, brothers are away. I am tired. Pretty much Phase 1 today, since I celebrated the end of school with a few beers and calamari. Pretty sure that I worked it off today. 5 days until Italy!

How are you doing?
Old 06-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #313  

Slip - I think you are heading out very soon on your big trip. Can't wait till you post some pics on fb. Congrats on getting thru the year. Hoping next years kids are less stressful. I'm glad you got yourself a new iPad. Well deserved. You are doing great holding on to your wt. Are you going to bring some shakes and bars with you?

Liana - how's your ankle today? Glad that it doesn't seem broken. My screen protector and case saved my phone this week. I dropped it and there was a big crack. Went to get it fixed and the tec guy took a closer look and realized it was the protector that was cracked not the screen. So what would have been 160 bill turned out to be $22. If you're prone to dropping things like me it may be worth it. Foot a little sore today but I had 2 30km hilly bike rides this weekend.

Carrots - this weight-lose is a journey not a race. Congrats on the scale going down and just give yourself time it will keep moving down. Don't forget to have your coach measure to check for inches that you lost. Keep posting.

I'm annoyed - the sports doc said no running just walk on grass. Oh well, a few more weeks and needless to say I'm not takin his full advice but I'm trying. Wt coming down was 168 at weigh in on friday and have found my willpower for this reboot. I'm going to try for 6 more and then phase one a week of 2 and then 3.

Have a great start to the week
Old 06-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #314  

Hi Jenny... I was thinking... do you have proper bike shoes with a stiff shank? That will make a difference in issues with the tarsals and metatarsals and enable you to transfer more power to the pedals without putting stresses on your arch. You can get hybrid touring type shoes that do not have to clip into pedals.
https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...ing-shoes.html
Walking on grass, especially if you can in a safe area with bare feet, is very good to train your proprioception after an injury. Congrats on the weight coming down! Nice work!
My ankle has improved (I was dancing last night, although not at my usual pace, and I felt it after, but oh well...) it's still numb underneath the outer half though. I wish they'd book me for the surgery but it is low on the priority list for the orthopedic surgeon, I get that. Meh, it'll come.

Party on the patio, Laura! Have a fun time in Italy and post a photo or two when you get back!!

Liana
(I think I mistakenly posted something on this thread instead of another thread the other day, ignore me, sometimes I'm not all there, lol)

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-20-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #315  

Hi Ladies,

I leave for Italy on Thursday morning. Hopefully, I will be able to post pictures while I am there. I am pretty much all packed.

Funny, that we all have "feet" issues. Having fractured the seismoid bones in my left foot twice, I always worry about having the right shoes on a trip. Not to mention, my darn swelling ankles. Bringing compression socks for the plane this time.

Jenny, no bars and shakes, will have to pay the price when I get home Doing a phase 1 day today to make up for Spa Day yesterday. Really, had to work to convince myself to eat clean today. Think I am a bit happy/nervous.

Liana, good to hear that you are dancing again. Numbness in your foot does not sound good though. As for the party on the deck, yup! Summertime has arrived. Our weather has been beautiful. Italy on the other hand is in the 90s this week.