Old 06-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #286  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Hi Jenny38---usually I just lurk here but I noticed your stats today after you said your 41st birthday is soon. I just turned 41 and an the same height/start weight as you. I'm so impressed by your success! Do you mind sharing how long you did Phase 1 to goal? My coach says I can get to 165 but it's just baffling to me. These first 40 flew off me in 8 weeks which is shocking but I hope it keeps steady. Thanks so much for anything you might share!
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Carrots, why lurk? Feel free to jump right in anytime. After 3 years, we have become a wee bit straggly as a group but posting equals sucess with the scale. So we keep on, keeping on
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #288  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Carrots, why lurk? Feel free to jump right in anytime. After 3 years, we have become a wee bit straggly as a group but posting equals sucess with the scale. So we keep on, keeping on
Awwww thanks so much! I love to read the success and strategies you all have. I just don't want to intrude on your conversations but still read them all. OMG that sounds way more stalkerish than I meant to!

I was on 3fc a few years back with another name but didn't do IP. Maybe I should have and I wouldn't be in my current mess.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #289  

Carrots, "It is never too late to be what you might have been." No looking back, just focus on moving forward.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Carrots! Welcome here! Jump in and add to our conversations. We have been on this journey together for a while now, lol, so a lot of our conversation is just that. But it is always nice to welcome a 'new' face and expand the conversation

Working like crazy, but June will be quieter workwise (not lifewise though, haha). Last paycheque was 71 hours plus overtime plus stat holiday. I'm rich (haha, NOT). Every idiot business and govt office left doors and windows unlocked or even open last night... what the ****! I spent most of my time getting fobs and keys out and entering codes into alarm panels and fixing their stupid actions. Ah well, that's what I am paid for, lucky for them we have a relatively honest community or lots of goods and private information would be stolen. Had DH's family up for a few days so there was a lot of running around and eating out, although I made pretty good choices (except Sunday night's all you can eat freshly made up sushi buffet - 3 big hand rolls, 18 sushi pieces, and 3 little bowls of edamame) - Yes, I CAN eat a lot. That was the start to my Memorial Day to July 4 Challenge, so I'm serious onto P2 now and already have lost 2.6 lbs... but hoping that holds for my next weigh in.
Oh, and TOM made an appearance, darn it! Every time I think it will be my last and then I get a surprise after 3 months or so . WHEN will this be over - with my luck probably when I'm 60 .
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-01-2016 at 08:48 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #291  

Liana, TOM here too! Remember how bad it was for me 3 weeks ago? Ugh, here we go again! So I feel your pain. My mom hit menopause at 59!

Crazy about your work, our custodial staff checks all windows and doors at the end of the day. Your sushi night sounds fun! Glad you had a delish last hurrah. Congrats on the 2.6. I have a crazy couple of weeks socially, so I see some Phase 1 days as payback, lol.

7 days left with kids! Woohoo!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #292  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Carrots, "It is never too late to be what you might have been." No looking back, just focus on moving forward.
Thank you. I needed this and screenshot it to read again when I need it.

I'm in such a better place than I was just 8 weeks ago. I should be dancing. I have a plan (and it's working!), I have all of you (and am so grateful), and I'm almost halfway to my first mini-goal! Nowhere to go but down from here (scale-wise, that is)!

I'm seeing my hairdresser tomorrow for the first time since I started. She is the only person I don't see consistently so maybe she will notice. 40lbs at my size isn't really noticeable I don't think.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #293  

Hey Carrots, I resemble that remark! I started at 237, but really my highest weight was 250. I had lost 13 pounds the summer before IP. Every pound counts. Now, I need a promise if we are going to go on. No more of this dismissing attitude toward yourself. You have lost 39 pounds, right? You are kicking butt! I want every pound you vanquish to give you fire for your soul. You are doing this incredible task! Be joyful, whether someone notices or not!

As for me, I went to a party tonight. It seemed as if I had lost the weight yesterday, not over the past 2 years ago. None of these people knew about the 20 pound regain, it is like the Groundhog Day movie. All the same complimentary comments. Ugh, when do people reassign you to thin?

Last edited by Slipfree; 06-02-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #294  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Hey Carrots, I resemble that remark! I started at 237, but really my highest weight was 250. I had lost 13 pounds the summer before IP. Every pound counts. Now, I need a promise if we are going to go on. No more of this dismissing attitude toward yourself. You have lost 39 pounds, right? You are kicking butt! I want every pound you vanquish to give you fire for your soul. You are doing this incredible task! Be joyful, whether someone notices or not!
Awww thank you. My weight causes me such anxiety no matter how high or low I am. Thank you setting me straight! Firing up my soul now.

My hairdresser didn't say anything about my weight per se but she asked if I was still doing my new eating plan (I had been doing a clean eating plan). Maybe it was a subtle mention? I just told her I was trying to keep eating heathy and trying to drop a few pounds. Now I have to see how much more I can lose in 6 weeks!
Old 06-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #295  

Hi ladies,

I am beyond exhausted. Crazy week last week; exam, grading, final grades, evaluation reflection, class guests, retirement celebrations...... 5 more days with kids, then 5 days of curriculum.

Today was grocery shopping and yard work. My body is so sore from all the work! Tomorrow, Mom's birthday at my Aunt's.

Hope you are all doing well! Scale looked good this morning.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #296  

So much for the 2.6 lost, as my weigh in today was UP .4 from my start.
Part of the reason is a Grad weekend for my niece - and, my-oh-my, do our family and friends ever go all out with the pot luck. I at least brought Greek Salad, but there was a huge assortment of no-no things like Polynesian meatballs with pineapple and a homemade sweet & sour sauce, a brussels sprout-butternut squash-pecan roast that was half pecans roasted in olive oil, platters of good cheeses and pepperoni and salami, then the piece de resistance... a full on candy buffet which I WILL NOT describe, besides her huge lemon sheet 'congrats grad' cake. I started off good, but as the night and dancing progressed, I went overboard on the cheese, and fresh fruit - tons of pineapple, fresh cherries (in season here now) and fresh local strawberries (and a couple of handfuls of mixed pink lemonade and cotton candy jellybellys). The previous night was the ceremony and afterward DH & I and Mom & Dad went out for dinner at a fancy little 'beach shack' restaurant where I had a Moscow Mule (Ginger beer, vodka, and lime juice in a frosted copper mug) and an absolutely huge salad with prawns and more kinds of lettuces than you can shake a stick at. So I am not surprised at the result, and it has cause me to be hungry again in the evenings, AAARGH! And a bit of stress today as Dad had a heavy thorn in his tire and I had to follow him into town to make sure he got to the repair shop OK, and tonight MIL & DH & I went to a forestry park to dig a hole and put his brother's ashes in it and say a little prayer over them (it's been a year...). Just kinda left me feeling sad.

OK, 'pull up socks' time! Tomorrow is another day.

Good thing it's only a few more days for you Slip!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-07-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #297  

Today was totally free day, Liana! So I can relate to your grad party fun. Retirement party with tons of wine, field day tomorrow will be a challenge. My weight this morning was below so I am sure that my "fun" day will require payment, in more ways than one. I am sorry that this year has been so hard on you, so I am sending you a hug for always being so strong.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi lovely ladies

Welcome Carrots sorry for the delayed response I am inconsistent posting and it has been a busy few days. Went to cottage this weekend for one night and then had kids bday. Plus I'm still binge watching Sons of Anarchy! SLIP, I saw your cousin character get blown away so sad.

Carrots phase 1 took me almost exactly a year. I exercised the whole way thru which helped with the inches but may have slowed the losses. I t lived for a while under 165 then 167 still measuring the same as 157 -I was working out a lot 11 hours a week and then with foot injury had gone up to 175. I'm 171.5 today so getting back down to 165. You can do it just stick to the plan and it will come off. In some ways the slower the better cuz it won't hurt your metabolism later. It was about 10lb a month for me.
You are doing great keep going! What did your hairdresser say? I'm sure lots of people will notice soon.

Liana - that sounded like a fun weekend with family and a lot of yummy temptations. I think you came out of it pretty good. It has been a huge year for you and thru all of this you have managed your weight and focused on your plan. When is your 3 yr anniversary?

Slip. - final count down for you which is great. It has been a busy year at work for you as well.

I spoke to my doc yesterday - report on bone scan not done. But I got some thyroid pills to try to see if that helps give me a bost. I feel like it is slow and I should be able able to eat a bit more but really find small things make a difference.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:29 AM   #299  

Ugh about the bone scan Jenny! I hate waiting for results too. I always imagine the worst. I am sure it will not be that bad for you.... they would hurry to tell you if it was worst case scenario. I hope the thyroid meds help you feel more like your old self (or maybe a new self 😊 ). I do feel like the selenium I am taking is doing something for me... without sharing too much info, I feel like more 'fun' with my hubby than I have for a while. The possibilities are more on my radar, lol.
I also think I have dropped some of those stupid up pounds from this past weekend. I will try to be good for the rest of the week and not weigh til Mon for my 2nd week Challenge weigh in. First night back at work and I see the ad for the ophthalmology diagnostic tech is back in the paper... guess they haven't found someone yet. Maybe it's a sign. I think I will put in a resume and see what happens.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-09-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #300  

1.5 days with kids, 1 teacher prof. day, then freedom!