Old 11-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #61  

Height: 5'2

Slip - So sorry to about your fall! Glad you're okay.

I've stuck with the Jillian Michael's Ripped videos. Today will be my last day of week 4. I'm finally feeling the results. Body weight has gone down a bit but the body fat is still up according to the BCA which is so ridiculous. Christmas party season is upon us and I'm determined to rock my holiday dresses!

Less than 6 weeks until Christmas ladies. We can do this! Let's enjoy the holidays guilt free!

S.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thinking of the people in Paris and all over the world these past few days. What a tragedy.

slip - yikes that sounds like a bad bang to the head. Take it easy.

Well the lbs from last weekend have caught up to me and likely the week before, and then today have had major sugar cravings. Need to get 6 off and maybe 1-2 more before my trip.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #63  

Got off 4 lbs last week and feel that most of eat came back this weekend. I know it's notbreal weight, usually I'm up after a long run and I did 19km, last long one before Jamaica 1/2. Back to planning and not self sabataging.

How is everyone? What are people doing for Thanksgiving?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Too many days of Cheddar and GF toast for full days (no veg!!) with lots of chocolate for dessert - not my usual modus operandi... but workin' it back down again. Slip YIKES! Hope you are doing better now. Howdy to all the rest! Lots going on in my life and no extra time for the computer.
Go Jenny38!!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #65  

Hi ladies,

Do we have a December thread?

I've been back for a week and life has been crazy. We moved into a new community hospt. that has just been finished. It is huge and stunning but very different from where I worked before. A big change for our mental health patients.

Jamaica was great, food was really fresh and lots of lean protein choices. Really happy with how I did there but have fallen into old patterns dealing with stress and resorting to comfort eating. Like you Liana your mom, my dad is struggling with his memory and it has been a worry for all of us. I'm much more estranged from my sister in the past year so we are t really supporting each other. DH and I are having issues which feels more serious than ever. I need to focus on me and the kids and not fall into old patterns.

How is everyone doing? Any special plans for the holidays.
Liana - how are your folks?
Slip - are you on break?
Steph - how are the workouts coming?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:20 AM   #66  

Hi gals! Yep Jenny... I think all the stresses tend to pile up and screw with our relationships to the ones we expect to support us unconditionally without tiring (which is actually unrealistic as they have stresses too...). Not pointing fingers, speaking of my own circumstances. More about my folks/circumstances in the Maintainers Vol 19 thread.
Glad you had a good time in Jamaica! Pictures looked awesome! Congrats on the nice new hospital.
Hope the Disneyland trip goes well for you. I have been seriously hunting on the internet for vacay deals and found lots of good stuff, but haven't settled on anything yet. The Azores for hiking and UNESCO sites has a great deal on for very early spring just before our 34th anniversary, but I'd have to hop on the deal pretty quick. Hubby seems 'meh' about that idea, but I think it's because he has no idea about Portugal or the islands themselves.
We'll see....

Liana
Old 12-29-2015, 01:16 AM   #67  

Liana I don’t know much about the Azores but I was in southern Portugal on the Algarve for a week or two about 15 years ago and loved it Was one of my favorites. Good luck picking out a spot!
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:37 AM   #68  

Well, the Azores is out - procrastination took care of that one... still haven't booked anywhere yet but I get such good deals at the last minute that it is hard to commit.
Liana
Old 01-03-2016, 01:19 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Gals,

Was so happy to see that our thread was not off the first page.
Have been crazy off the rails! Getting ready for a mid Jan. reboot. Want to drop about 15 pounds. I am not ready for a prolonged Phase 1 yet, still want some social life before our long winter sets in.

I hope that your holidays have been merry!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #70  

Hiya, Slip! Glad you are back!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #71  

Happy new year ladies,

How is the start of 2016 going? The cold weather has finally arrived here. This year will be lots of change for our family. My parent's selling the cottage that they have had for 29 years. Too much now for them to deal with re dad's cognitive deterioratio. I have started 10 lb reboot and I hate it! But am enjoying some of the new IP choc caramel muffins I made.

My goal this year is to get more consistent with P3 and reduce sugar.

Liana - find a good deal yet? Come to Disney we us
Old 02-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #72  

Hi friends,

Got delayed with my start by the flu, but now have 4 clean Phase 1 days done. Still not in Ketosis but I feel better already.(except for the headache) Really had a bout of the blues after my concussion, turned to food to get through it. Not a great decision but I am on an upswing and determined to get to a happy place with my jeans.

Jenny I am so sorry that your cottage is being sold. I spent summers at a lake cottage and it was very hard to let it go. How are you doing on your reboot? Today, our weather was in the mid 50f but tomorrow, we are expecting multi inches of snow.

Hi Liana, how are you? How are your parents?

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-04-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:05 AM   #73  

Hi all: Sorry ladies, it's been ages...
My plan of smartening up has hit a few bumps... I'm going through a fair bit of pain & fatigue these days... wondering if it's just the fibromyalgia ticking along in the background as my stress levels have been upped this past while. Thyroid tests came out good. We did the full panel including T3 antibodies so it's probably 'just' the FM. Anyhow, (*whine*) it makes it hard to even want to prep veggies when cold water on my hands really hurts at the joints for long after supper is made. And I'm too tired to even care about my regular exercise. I'm either sleeping or busy doing errands & other tasks. I also don't want to be driving into town 3x a day (that would make 120km a day) for appointments, then exercise, then work later that night. And I can't just stay in town all day (and night at work), lol.

We live on one single road that runs along a valley, so there's only two directions to walk... and that's been done to death. Although DH & I went for a long walk yesterday - he with a bag and trigger stick grabber to pick up random cans & bottles out from the roadway edges & ditches. He likes to have a purpose to his walks. That's OK by me, it funds coffee dates, and neatens up the neighbourhood lol.

I am at the 'lost a few, re-gained a few' stage so really haven't moved much. Still would like 10 lbs off but feeling like it's out of reach right now. It doesn't help that he dragged the 2lb Jalapeno Pistachio bag out from the cold storage room last night as we watched a movie. We pretty well polished off the bag between us. At least they were in the shells so maybe it's not QUITE as bad as it seems. Wait... no, it is. At least I was P1 Alternative today. Which is a start (again).

Folks are plugging along, thank you for asking Slip. Mom is on a new depression med and that part seems to be better, she seems happier about life in general and more willing to go out of the house at times. Dementia - not so great, but I am learning how to talk to someone with dementia, and just to go with the flow and just agree with whatever their worldview is at the time, because reminding them that so-and-so died years ago, or that they are wrong about something doesn't help anything. She does look forward to my visits and we have a pretty good time and she always knows who I am, but it is hard for Dad as sometimes she thinks he is her father. Funny but sad situation the other day, as when she was more lucid, Dad asked her "didn't it seem weird that they slept in the same bed if he was her father?" She said that it kinda felt funny but since he didn't try anything, she thought it was strange but ok. Dad has been very understanding and aware of how he treats her when she has those spells - obviously not affectionate like a husband but friendly like a father. But then thinking on that made her feel bad for mistaking Dad's identity and started her crying and sadness about her diagnosis. So some days are up & some are down, but I know that's just the way it goes.

I am glad your concussion has improved, that is a very scary thing that should not be taken lightly. I worked for a long time as a rehab professional with those who have had acquired brain injuries so I know what's involved.

Jenny, it's so hard emotionally when a family cabin needs to be sold - the only other choice is to amicably share ownership with siblings but that can get pretty complicated especially once grown grandchildren and their SO's get involved. There is quite a cottage community on our lake, can you tell I've seen the above scenario happen?

Good news is - trip to Cancun is booked and will happen in 1.5 weeks. We just got in contact with friends of BIL & SIL on Isla Mujeres (in-laws are in Virginia and sail down often) and hopefully they can steer us to great things to see & do. Looking forward to trips to ruins and lots of warm sun & sand. I hope my bathing suits fit! I haven't tried any on but I know denial is not the answer.
See you all lighter!
Liana
Old 02-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #74  

Liana, thank you for such a newsie reply! I have missed you gals. I am with you, denial does not work. Although, I think we are harder on ourselves than we need to be. So happy to hear that your mom is okay, but it must be so hard on your dad.

Your trip to Cancun sounds wonderful. Great way to break up the winter. I am planning a trip to the Tuscany region of Italy for the end of June. I will have to fit into my bathing suit too!

My immune system seems to be shot after having the flu in Jan, I now have a head cold. Ugh! At least the carb withdrawal headache is gone. Thankfully, we have had a couple of snow days so I do not have to deal with the kids.

Are our other gals out there? Struggling or not? How about a check in?
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #75  

Hi all,

Day 9 of Phase 1. Pants are starting to fit better. My stomach bloat is fading, yay! Cooking every night. New made up recipe for Ash Wednesday, Mexican cauliflower rice stuffed peppers with baked eggs on top. Did not love it. Made me miss cheese! Have a lot of the rice left, so I think that I will pick up shrimp for Fri. Do you think the Mexican cauliflower rice will freeze? Oh, I forgot the planning involved with Lent on Phase 1!

Miss my Oct Newbies!