Old 10-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #31  

Jenny congrats for DH!
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I think it's all the stress that lowers our immune systems and BAM! here come the colds. Me too, had to call in sick for work yesterday - don't want to slime up the patrol car anyhow - not fair to my coworkers . I feel like I've been beaten with a stick today, so exhausted and snotted up. Even the extra-strength nighttime cold medication only works for 3 hours.

Sounds like everyone is doing well on their maintenance/reboot plans and YAAAY for DH's new job, Jenny! That helps ease the mind.

Today is mainly an herbal tea day and lots of lemon water (I did have a quest bar so I could take my vitamins without having tummy upset). I just can't taste much and am not very hungry (THAT'S rare for me - I can always eat when I get ill, lol).

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hope you feel better Liana.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #34  

Hi all,

Tomorrow is the last day of my reboot. Yay! Feeling so much better than a month ago. Still feel puffy, but TOM may be part of that issue.

Going to keep my weeks clean, but the next few weekends will be busy-you only turn 50 once! Out of town family arrive next Thurs, celebrations on Fri and Sat. Following weekend, the women in my family are taking me away to Rhinebeck,NY. I know the destination but none of the plans. The next Fri. is a small out to dinner birthday party and Sat. is my SIL's Garden Club Charity Tea.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:16 AM   #35  

You are a busy gal Laura! But hey, busy-fun is good busy!
I got a major hair cut & restyle and colour change to start my second half of the century, lol.
Liana
Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #36  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Liana ~ my Mom and Dad have passed from dementia and there are two things that helped me and might help you too. To look at the demanding or unusual disregard for your schedule as coming from the emotional level of a 3 year old. I believe my parents frequently operated from about that age. Kids don't care about inside-out clothes or water or how busy you are. Once I realized that I was experiencing my parents as children I could see that in general, emotionally, they really were about 3 or 4 years old for a long time.

And the second thing was something my Aunt said to me which was to remember I was running a marathon not a sprint. To take care of myself so that I would be able to endure the work of the situation.

Drinking water is a real challenge...maybe try infused waters...add stevia. Tea is at least a good thing. My sister has early alzheimers now and she forgets that she didn't drink her water. Sometimes I pour us both 1 cup "shots", make a toast and we drink together but those kind of games only work twice a day if lucky. I am just glad that I have learned so much from IP as to stay on top of emotional eating but it is a daily, hourly reality check. These forums really help me to stay tuned in. I rebooted in September after gaining my loss back and am slowly losing. Staying off trigger foods while living life sure is easier with support. I hope you are having more good days than bad and that you can enjoy the moments! Wishing you well.
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #37  

Hi all,

Liana, you are right-fun busy is good busy. As for hair, I have an appt. tomorrow! Not too extreme, I did that big change when I hit goal, 1.5 years ago,lol.

Amy, I think your view and experience is very helpful and insightful. Absolutely agree with you about the focus and support of the forum.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #38  

Hi everyone,

So quiet here. Hope that means that you are happy busy! Looking for a check in from Hawaii, Want2b and Kooky. I miss Hiker and Schenectady too.

Luccilove- how are you doing? What are you doing to make Phase 1 tolerable?

As for me, I added yogurt to my bar in the morning and I am starving at 11:30. I may have a pumpkin beer today at a Charity fundraiser, I have not decided.

Hair turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself! Just put highlights in to brighten it up. Have to get up and going, but it is chilly here and I am lacking motivation :P
Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

Slip- post a pic of your new dew. Sounds like you are going to have a amazing and well deserved 50th. I love that we are getting healthier as we age.

Liana - hope you're feeling better. I caught a cold as well and it seems to have sucked all the energy out of me

We finally turned our heat on this weekend and today it is -1 but the sun is out and should warm up later. Need to focus to get 4 off, I'm determined to see the scale at 164 in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Have a good week and hi to everyone
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #40  

Hi Jenny, I bet I will have some pics from my girl's birthday weekend, so soon. It does feel great to be this healthy and younger looking at 50 than I was at 237 pounds at 40!

As for cold weather, I gave in just now and turned on the heat. We were in the 20s here this morning . Too hot, too cold! Never just right anymore.

Sorry to hear that everyone is fighting a cold
Old 10-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #41  

Hahaha, Jenny! It's a killer alright. Everyone around here is calling it "THE COLD" lol. No energy for a couple weeks - although I have been back at work & managing....
Weight is at 136 today, so a diet of rice cakes, dried pineapple rings, and old cheddar hasn't hurt too much, lol. I have been eating better the past couple days anyhow, so on plan.
amyniagara, thanks. I know it is as if they are children (but choosing to never have kids means that I don't always deal with the logistics of that very well...). I guess I just have to 'forget' their previous lives and deal with things on a day-to-day basis. I will have to try the one cup shots with my MIL. Today my mom's sister came over for a visit with her daughters and a granddaughter (she's 17) and it was nice but a bit overwhelming for mom as everyone in the family is loud and talks at the same time, lol. I was over to visit too, and we had coffee and tequila (those of us not on meds) this afternoon. Did housework, laundry, cleaning the bathroom at my place, so obviously feeling more like myself.

I want to see the pictures Slip-Laura - on FB if nowhere else, haha.

Liana
Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #42  

Liana, coffee and tequila? My kind of afternoon
Old 10-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #43  

Hi, good food week. Bars for breakfast and lunch and fat included in a phase 1 dinner. First day of Parent Conferences over, marathon day tomorrow 7am- 8 pm. Always so relieved when it is over. Really looking forward to my first glass of wine in 7 weeks- Friday is coming!

Hope that you are all well!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #44  

Here's to Friday-Wineday!
Old 10-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! I'm checking in to say hi and I read through posts quickly. I'll get better caught up soon...just dealing with a major headache right now because today is day 3 of my reboot (going through keto-flu today). I had a really stressful year which continues with some improvements, but at some point stopped taking very good care of myself-eating take out, not exercising, working too much, etc. I did well last fall and kept losing past my goal of 160, got down to 150, and then slowly blew it. Monday when I started my reboot, I was at 170! My size 8 pants are tight and uncomfortable and I worked too hard to lose this weight, so here I am doing a P1 reboot indefinitely. I felt good at 150, so I'm going to shoot for that and see how I feel along the way. I'm doing this with alternatives since I've moved to a smaller town in Northern CA without an IP clinic. I'm glad to see everyone is still plugging along. I'll post more soon...I just need to lie in the darkness due to this headache. Hopefully I'll be out of the woods tomorrow. Let's hope because my office is doing a surprise team building event all afternoon tomorrow that involves some physical activity. I'm really curious to see what it will be. Going somewhere scenic would be great. I'm hoping for no ropes courses or trust falls. : ) Have a good night!

Last edited by KookySuki; 10-21-2015 at 10:42 PM.
KookySuki is offline   Reply With Quote