Old 09-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

Default Recipes using the Magic Bullet or Nutribullet

I know I am a little late in the game but I just got the Nutribullet after seeing a video on the Ideal Protein website.
I have a really hard time getting the 2 cups of vegetable 2X per day, so I tried this recipe and thought it was great
I will share it below for anyone who has not seen it yet, but was hoping to get others to share what they have tried and liked.
I have experimented a few times and have come to the conclusion I don't have the "green thumb" when it comes to creating my own recipes

Mango-Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients:

1 Ideal Protein Pre-Made Mango Drink
2 cups fresh Spinach
Ice cubes

BTW - I am on week 4 of Ideal Protein and have lost about 12 lbs. Still would like to lose around 23 more.
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

There's a really good thread called "Fun With Veggie Purees" that can give you more ideas. It's on the first page post of the Newbies Start Here, Daily Chat thread. If you can't find it just google Ideal Protein Diet + Fun With Veggie Purees.
lots of great ideas for getting all your veg in. That will change a lot as you progress with the diet. You will find yourself looking forward to lots of veggies and in maintenance I often eat up to 6 cups a day plus salad greens.
Keep at 'er!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

Thanks so much. I tried to search for this first but could not find any threads that were specific to IP. I will check out that link
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #4  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I love the blended spinach idea! I have a shake w/ spinach almost every day.

My current favorite veggie trick is to pan fry zucchini in some lemon juice and a pinch of salt, then when it's tender-crisp, stir in some sweetener (I use Truvia) and apple pie spice. The zucchini tastes like apple slices. I usually make some protein oatmeal, spread that in a pie pan, and top with the "apple" slices and then bake at 400 for 18 minutes. Then I pour about 1/4 c. vanilla protein drink over all of it and gobble it down. SO YUMMY.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 324/302/140

Height: 5'6"

THIS sounds amazing!! Going to try it today....thanks for sharing!
mmtalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #6  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I forgot, I also mix in some vanilla with the zucchini before I add it to the oatmeal. Maybe 1 tsp?
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote