Old 10-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #31  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
I had to cut out Quest bars (restricted) this last week to get off the 5-day plateau I was on. These last 10 pounds apparently aren't going away without a fight. I'm the same as you all, I could eat a bar for every meal. So I usually save my restricted for my evening snack - something to look forward to at the end of the day.

3sisters, YAY for you! I'm finally within 5 pounds of that decade. It's like light at the end of a very loooonggg tunnel.
HereIStand, I notice we have similar starting weights and progress - except my end weight is a little lower and you are much taller! Yes, it is coming off much more slowly now. Has taken about 6 weeks to take off the last 10 lbs I've lost. Have about 15-20 to get to goal, so I will be lucky at this point to get there by Christmas like I'd hoped! But, when I get there, I'll get there......just need to keep at it, it will come!

Destony, I just noticed your "cc" (ie chocolate chip) re: the pancakes being restricted. So the cc must be restricted but the plain are not. Though restricted, at least they have not triggered cravings like the bars do for me. Yet!

Here's hoping everyone has a great week!

Last edited by 3sisters; 10-04-2015 at 06:17 PM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to all who misunderstood- no, the cc (choc.chip p/c) are not restricted, however they are on the higher side of things so my coach just warned me that if I noticed any problems that could be the cause.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #33  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
HereIStand, I notice we have similar starting weights and progress - except my end weight is a little lower and you are much taller! Yes, it is coming off much more slowly now. Has taken about 6 weeks to take off the last 10 lbs I've lost. Have about 15-20 to get to goal, so I will be lucky at this point to get there by Christmas like I'd hoped! But, when I get there, I'll get there......just need to keep at it, it will come!
I was really spoiled by my progress the first 12 weeks or so. I consistently lost at least 3 pounds/week, which is on the high side for women. I figured these last 10 pounds would come off in 3 weeks. I was naive. But I'm still losing; the average has dropped to 2.8 pounds/week, so I can't really complain about that. I just have to be super careful about my food choices now.

While I was standing in the kitchen last night, making zucchini chips, my husband tried to pinch my butt and complained, "There's nothing there to pinch!" I told him to go lower, it was still there, just further down than it used to be. But then he said, "You need to get off this diet." Trust me, I am NOT wasting away. And I'm running, so I look fit, not scrawny. I'm about the same size I was when we got married 30 years ago. It kind of bothered me that he wasn't more encouraging. But I'm not quitting. I feel great and I know my health has improved.

Last edited by HereIStand; 10-05-2015 at 10:03 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #34  
Just Do It, Mom!

Woo Hoo!!! Another milestone met! I saw the 150's (albeit 159 ) at weigh in today!! Love changing my ticker, and moving on to the next 5 lb goal! I'm starting to get the "don't lose too much....", and "you're going to wither away into nothing soon" comments. I assure them I am still not even within the healthy BMI range (145 is the high end of BMI for me), but appreciate that they are noticing
Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #35  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Woo Hoo!!! Another milestone met! I saw the 150's (albeit 159 ) at weigh in today!! Love changing my ticker, and moving on to the next 5 lb goal! I'm starting to get the "don't lose too much....", and "you're going to wither away into nothing soon" comments. I assure them I am still not even within the healthy BMI range (145 is the high end of BMI for me), but appreciate that they are noticing
Ooo, I'm so thrilled for you!! You're getting so close to your final goal!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:02 AM   #36  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Ooo, I'm so thrilled for you!! You're getting so close to your final goal!
Thanks! Not as close as you are though! Wow, within 10 lbs that's awesome!

Have you started getting ready to transition to Phase II yet? I know you stay on Phase I until you reach your goal, but wondering when coaches start preparing you for it..... Mine hasn't yet, but I'm a ways away.....
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #37  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Thanks! Not as close as you are though! Wow, within 10 lbs that's awesome!

Have you started getting ready to transition to Phase II yet? I know you stay on Phase I until you reach your goal, but wondering when coaches start preparing you for it..... Mine hasn't yet, but I'm a ways away.....
Since I'm my own coach (I'm doing all alternatives), I have read through all the phases at least twice. P2 just replaces a packet with 8 oz. of real protein at lunch, so that won't be hard. It's P3 that I'm really looking forward to, and a little anxious about. You have to do actual calculations to figure out what you can have for breakfast in P3. But I'm so looking forward to yogurt and oatmeal!!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #38  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

NSV: My brother called me "boney"the other day. Boney? Me? I took it as a compliment. I am loving having collarbones and cheekbones again! Now to find those ribs and hipbones...they're in there somewhere; I can feel them!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #39  
GiggirlNY

S/C/G: 193/153/140

Height: 5ft.5in.

I just lost a long post somehow. But anyway, congrats to frawniemae! You really inspire me.
I'm 15 lbs. to my goal weight. I started June 1st and I'm pretty proud of myself for this journey. I had two tough hurdles. The first was at the 3rd month when I became to bored with the same types of foods. I ruined a lot of packages trying out baking recipes that failed more than succeeded. And now, I feel like I fluctuate between feeling like I'm thinner and feeling like I never took off the almost 40 pounds from June 1 st.
I started the program not doing any heavy exercise and am just now feeling up to maybe adding yoga & Pilates. I walked but just kept it simple. I've exercised like crazy since I was a teenager up to when I turned 53 and was hit by a car. Four years later I have worked on getting healed, thinner and now I'm going to go into getting stronger. Any exercise stories out there?
GiggirlNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #40  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

frawnie, I think we older women tend to lose the fat in our midsection last. It hasn't been until I got within 20 pounds of my goal that I felt like my middle was finally slimming down a bit.

GiggirlNY, Oooo, you're so close! I gave up on trying baking recipes - the texture of baked protein goods is just nasty to me. I had to resign myself to just waiting for real food in maintenance.

My exercise story is this: I was on the ketosis protocol with no exercise for about a month, then I started walking. Over the course of two months, I slowly increased my mileage and pace until I could walk 3-4 miles very briskly. Then, 5 weeks ago, I started the Couch-to-5K program, which begins with slow jogging mixed with walking. I'm now up to where I can jog 20 minutes in one go. I plan to run at least one 5K in November, when I will be on Phase 3 of the protocol. Thinking about running a half marathon in the spring. I need to do some strength training with hand weights but haven't started that yet.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #41  
GiggirlNY

S/C/G: 193/153/140

Height: 5ft.5in.

HereIStand, you are an inspiration!

I have to limit my walking distance. My knee (which I have a torn meniscus) gets too sore after 2 miles. But I do take in 2 miles at a nice clip!

I just came to the realization that I'm not going to damage my body more by pounding on the ground. I am focusing on exercise I will be able to do until I'm 100- And running ain't it! I'm fortunate to have a 93 year old Mom and I have been watching her workouts in PT over the years. The most important is ANY movement. So she walks. And we both do stretches every day and strength exercises with free weights. Her mind is excellent and her body does make improvements which is really inspiring to see.

My long term plan is to keep walking my 2 miles. Then I will add in the Yoga and Pilates and light (2-5lbs.) free weights. Use it or Lose it!

GiggirlNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #42  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Oh, I so agree! You need to figure out a fitness plan you can do long-term. When I started the C25K, my thinking was that if I sustained injuries or had other health problems, I would just stick to walking. Fortunately, all my parts have held up thus far. I'm sure that losing the weight has been a big reason why.

An addendum to my comment above about baked goods: I decided to try the pancake mix in a mug recipe that everyone on FB was raving about, even though a protein pancake made in the pan is barely palatable, IMO. What a surprise to find out the texture is SO MUCH BETTER made this way! I've experimented with adding different extracts to plain pancake mix. This morning I had a lemon pancake/muffin with WF maple syrup on top. I think if you played around with more savory additions, you could cut the muffin in half and make it into a hamburger bun.

Recipe: mix 1 protein pancake packet in a mug with 3 Tablespoons water. Mix well, microwave on high for 40-55 seconds (depending on your oven's wattage). When I add extracts, I cut back on the water to 2.5 T.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #43  

Thank you for that recipe! I have been making the muffins with the recipe my coach gave me me for unrestricted muffins (cc pancakes and dark choc pudding) but it would be nice to make something quicker.

I am back on IP since I ended up gaining weight after surgery and a ton of other stresses I won't bore you with. I am only one Day One of my reboot, but I feel good about this. I want to do it again, and better to get back on the wagon before I gain back all the weight I lost. My joints are not happy with extra weight.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #44  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

I've made those muffins with the pancake mix and pudding. I SO wanted them to be better than they were. LOL. I've never thought of myself as a picky eater, but since being on IP, I've learned that texture is important to me.

goldilocksinct, good for you for getting on top of things before your weight gets way out of hand.

3sisters and Destony, how are you doing?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #45  

I just tried the mug pancake recipe and it wasn't terrible (IMHO), but I actually think the muffins are better. I always use my LoriAnn "oils" and I used coconut, but I think I should have put a little liquid sucralose in it. Definitely spongy, and at least it takes a little while to eat. Thanks.

I got the new rice krispy treats at the clinic. The coach was telling me everyone loved them, along with the mac and cheese. I tried both. The rice krispy squares are super sweet and the mac and cheese was okay. Since I am just starting, I think my taste buds are not on board yet. She said that things definitely taste different when you get into ketosis. I used to be able to eat the dark chocolate pudding for two of my meals, I loved it so much. Now I am not that interested in it and want to try other stuff.

Asparagus is on sale -- going out to get some for dinner, and steak. I need to reward myself with steak at the beginning.

Happy Sunday!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote