Old 10-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #46  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
I got the new rice krispy treats at the clinic. The coach was telling me everyone loved them, along with the mac and cheese. I tried both. The rice krispy squares are super sweet and the mac and cheese was okay. Since I am just starting, I think my taste buds are not on board yet. She said that things definitely taste different when you get into ketosis. I used to be able to eat the dark chocolate pudding for two of my meals, I loved it so much. Now I am not that interested in it and want to try other stuff.
Yeah, I've heard the "your taste buds change" line before. I don't buy it. That hasn't been my experience at all.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 PM   #47  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hi All! I see there is a rebooters thread, but I wanted to say hello here first. I have been away far too long. I'm starting back on a non-clinic IP plan in the morning. I'm sure protocol sheets have changed yet again. But the ones I had before weren't wrong.

I look forward to seeing old friends and new.
Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 10-18-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!!!
HIS Thanks for the "prod" I'm doing well. just busy busy busy. Trying to get everything done that needs to be, work is beyond crazy (and will become even more so in light of the flipping freezing temperatures that have come our way. Even though temps will climb, people will now be in panic mode about their irrigation systems. Lucky me...Also, getting stuff done around the house, and the boat to prep for the cold weather...bah.... Glad that DBF's mother was willing to take some of the bigger plants for me this winter. I am just "over them" this year and I don't quite know why. At least this way, I can always get them back. My Ficus tree is over 20 years old and over 7' tall...
I lost a pound and an inch off my waist when I went to WI on Saturday morning. So, back in line now- you know, with the addition of jeans and pullovers now that it's "frickin freezing mr. bigglesworth"
I have to agree with you HIS- I waited for the "taste bud change" to happen....ummmm No, not only no, but NO! Though, some of the WF stuff has gotten more "acceptable" to me as I've progressed- maybe because I desperately miss my sauces? I do doctor many of them with either Dijon mustard or hot horseradish though. I did like the mac and cheese-it was a good choice for a cold day- and I was glad to have the rice crispy treat as my snack.
Anyhow- gotta run- need to fold a load of laundry and get some exercise before breakfast!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hey Linda, glad to hear all is well, even though it sounds like you're busier than you'd like just now.
Don't you just love this time of year, just can't be helped, this is a busy time of the year for all us people who have to deal with winter coming. Now that we've had SNOW (btw, love your acromyn that Beth shared on the other post ) --- well, we've brought in all the tender plants for the winter, but there is a lot of cleanup to do in the garden over the next few weeks. DH has a lot of firewood to chop, there are always trees down out back and we like to have fires in the winter. Even inside, switching from summer to winter, jackets and sweaters, and warmer quilts on the beds...

Congrats on the "pound and inch" loss Still on the downward path, definitely something to celebrate!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi All! I see there is a rebooters thread, but I wanted to say hello here first. I have been away far too long. I'm starting back on a non-clinic IP plan in the morning. I'm sure protocol sheets have changed yet again. But the ones I had before weren't wrong.

I look forward to seeing old friends and new.
Barb
Hi Barb!!!

How are you doing? It is so good to see you again! Good luck on your non-clinic plan. That is how you lost most of your weight, wasn't it?

I am back going to my clinic and I lost over 8 pounds this first week. I can't wait to get down more!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #51  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
Hi Barb!!!

How are you doing? It is so good to see you again! Good luck on your non-clinic plan. That is how you lost most of your weight, wasn't it?

I am back going to my clinic and I lost over 8 pounds this first week. I can't wait to get down more!
Hi, yes I had lost 170lbs before, non-clinic. I'm going to take it off, again. Once I got thru day 3 it's not been hard to follow. Congratulations on your first week!
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #52  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Blue, we heat our home exclusively with a wood burning stove. I was just talking to DH last night that we're at the point in the year where it's cool in the house in the morning/evening, and I'd like to start a fire, but then it get too hot mid-day. So I just layer on extra clothes. I believe splitting and stacking wood is on our agenda for this week.

Barb, welcome back. I believe the last update to the protocol sheets was in March of this year. Do you have a copy? I think they changed some of the allowed veggies.

I'll be moving to P2 next Monday, and I keep hearing that a lot of people experienced significantly increased hunger and cravings in P2, so it worries me a little bit. But, gosh, I'm looking forward to P3 breakfasts!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #53  

HIS - if it helps you, I had a lot of hunger at the end of P1, and within a day or two of going into P3 it went away. Definitely no cravings.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #54  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Wel...........it has been a while since I really really updated my status. To make a looonnnggg story short....I am getting a divorce after 30 years of marriage. While on this weight loss journey I have found a totally new ME. The old me was content in a sexless, boring, totally in a rut marriage but the NEW me wants more than that. He has been a good husband but I need more than what he gives me. There is no conversation, no spontanaity, no excitement, no passion. I have often thought throughout my marriage "is this it? is this the rest of my life?" I finally realized that although my life with him is stable, "good" and secure...I need more than that. I prayed and am still praying...about this whole thing and know in my heart that I am doing the right thing for me. It is amicable. We have never fought or argued and so far through the proceedings we are still able to say that. We will part on good terms. Our kids are grown with their own lives (28 and 25 this year) but have no clue as of yet what is happening. We are hoping to get through the holidays before telling them but it is getting harder to keep it "covered up". I will be moving 5 hours away and that will be hard for them but I want to start a new life and the best way to do that is to move from this area.

I am happier now than I have EVER been except for the stress of the divorce stuff. But I am okay and will only get better.

If you would, I'd appreciate any and all prayers and good thoughts as I continue to build a new life for myself.

Last edited by frawniemae; 10-28-2015 at 08:14 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #55  
maintaining since 9/2013

You've got it, frawniemae. As many have said, you are an inspiration. I will keep you in my thought & prayers. Huge congratulations on your success, not just with the weight journey, but also in taking care of yourself. That takes courage.

Last edited by mars735; 10-28-2015 at 08:34 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Frawnie I will keep you and my family in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you nothing but the best, and if this is the right thing in your heart, then go for it girl!! (Piece of advice, when you get to that point-it came out of nowhere for me because I didn't expect it- I didn't talk to anyone about it-allow yourself to grieve. It can be much like a death)
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #57  

Frawnie, you certainly have my prayers, thoughts and well wishes.

I applaud whatever direction you settle into and I continue to find you inspiring. My personal "emotion" is I feel very happy for you, though this is a big move and as Linda said, I am sure you will go through many, many different emotions. Please write and post however many times you desire, about anything you want to say. We're here for you.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Frawnie You absolutely have my thoughts and my prayers as you go through this. There will be so many emotions ahead for you, and I will surely pray that you will find the strength to navigate through them. I'm sure you will! Even though I only know you through your posts here, it is so evident to me that you are a strong woman. I wish for you all the best, and I hope your future brings you everything you hope for.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Frawnie - huge hugs to you lady - I will be thinking of you often
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:35 AM   #60  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies...I'll share a story that might help explain why I have so much peace about all this. I was on my way to the Austin area to visit an old friend and while on that roadtrip I prayed constantly. I kept thinking I should be feeling sad or grieving or at a loss but I really didnt feel anything but happy and excited. I told God that if this was not the path I needed to be on, if I was making a mistake in letting go of a 30 year marriage, if I needed to stop and rethink all I was doing then to please shut that door that seemed to be so wide open for me. I asked Him to give me a sign if what I was doing was not what I needed to be doing. I kid you not: as I pulled up to a stop light in Conroe, I happened to glance at a billboard. It was one of those "signed, God" billboards I'm sure most of seen. It said, and I am dead serious...it said "You wanted a sign; here it is. signed, God." I am not one to burst into tears but I did then. Tears streaming, goosebumps covering me, and grinning from ear to ear...I knew for sure without any doubts at all that I was doing the right thing. I had my sign.

I am good. My life is good. And I know it will all be okay. Thanks for all your kind words, good thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by frawniemae; 10-29-2015 at 12:38 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote