Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Day 1 of total OP reboot in the can. Dinner ready for tomorrow too. Holding off with my weigh in until TOM ends. I see an early night for me, since that is when I am most tempted by snacks. My reboot will last until the third week of October. I am hoping that the first few days fly by.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good goin' on day one of reboot, Slip! Social Studies was always one of my favorites at school - I am a geography & history nut.

I keep falling off the wagon in the late evenings, but am still working on it. I suppose that keeping to plan for 80% of the day helps, but I won't lose the bit of extra pudge this way. Technically my anni is mid Nov, so it is possible for me to pull up my socks and be at my happy weight again by then without too much hardship.
Just gotta do it!!! I want to look better for my trip to the Banff Mountain Film Festival early Nov, as I will be surrounded by SERIOUSLY fit rock climbers, skiers, and expedition kayakers. Don't want to look too out of place, even though I can't do what I used to, sport & exercise-wise. Yes... I am vain, lol.

Liana
Old 09-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree and everyone I am very proud of everyone for rebooting.

So I am back from the cruise in gained 12 lbs in like 10 days? I ate like a pig. At some point it was just too hard for me.

I am on P4 because I have some allergy testing coming up and can not take vitamins a week before. Mid October I am back on P1. I feel it is a losing battle for me. I am starting to think IP is not for me and maybe I need the gastric surgery. Very tired and frustrated in general.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #19  

Oh, LUCCI, hugs for you! I hope you at least enjoyed your cruise activities (or lack of, lol) and didn't beat yourself up too much at the time. If you have allergies, they will certainly affect your weight via inflammation and water retention, even if you seem to only have skin reactions or breathing issues as a result of eating the offending foods. Try to enjoy P4 as much as possible while making smart food choices and once you get a handle on the allergies, go from there. It may be that you are bothered by some ingredient in the packets or subs you are using and things will move along after it's figured out. We are rooting for you, don't give up. I think of Ro22 in this case, it took a while to get the answers but things are moving for her now. I'm pretty sure it will happen for you too.
Liana
Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #20  

Hi all,

Day 2 done- 100%. One mess up, I forgot my lunch. Thought that I had bars at school but NO! Ended up with a plain salad until I got home. Hungry but determined.

Luccilove, vacations are tough. My issue was extending my time off after the vacation, my slip turned into a slide. As for whether IP works- please give yourself credit, you are 50 pounds thinner than when you started. This summer showed me that my issues with food/comfort eating are something that I will spend my lifetime battling, fall 6 times-get up 7.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #21  

Liana, I have instituted my no food after 8:00 rule. Worked for my first year I turn 50 on Nov. 2nd and am determined that my pants will fit! You look great and I am sure that you will fit right in at the festival. We are always hardest on ourselves. I really do not mind how I look right now in pictures, but I refuse to buy new clothes! So many cute ones in size small and 8/10 in my closet.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

It sounds like we are all trying to get back to some weight loss and healthy eating. I am happy to say that I am back to watching what I'm eating and my exercise regimen. I am definitely feeling better but the scale hasn't moved which is making me frustrated but I refuse to give up. My hubby has joined me and seems to be getting the same results. I have 20lbs that need to be gone but I will need some patience. I'm not following IP but definitely trying to stay away from the bad carbs, watch my portions, and am not eating after supper. I need to get drinking more water but am finding it more of a challenge at this time of year where I want something warm to drink, we are in full blown fall and the warmer clothes are coming out. I guess I'll have to start drinking herb tea. So, I keep plugging along and am determined to keep moving forward. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #23  

Hi Hawaii!

We are back in the game. Yay!

Day 3 down, need to work on getting my veggies in. Looking forward to being through the first week and getting a burst of energy! Need to do some food planning this weekend.

Go team
Old 09-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #24  

Hi Hawaii! Good to see you back, joining the rest of us fall rebooters. Doing good these past couple days, or rather nights. Just herbal tea yesterday, and a low carb eggs & veg midnight snack this evening. My brain is telling me it wants something though. Like chips or popcorn... But I won't give in. Just 2 hrs til I hit the sack, I can do this! Weigh in tomorrow when I get up... We'll see how it ends up.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #25  

Hi all,

Day 4 and the headache has arrived. TGIF! Couple more days and ketosis should kick in Big charity-do on Sun. I will be eating eggs and salad at the brunch. Phase 1 shopping today, weird how things that I lived on during 1st phase 1(brand of pork tenderloin, small enough for two meals) are no longer carried by my grocery store.

Liana, glad that you are having a good couple of nights. This journey is so much easier when our determination and spirits are willing.

Last edited by Slipfree; 09-18-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #26  

Hello,

Happy Saturday! So nice to have a gorgeous, cool day to relax. Question for you gals, what do you eat for lunch on Phase 1? Also, what are your favorite dressings?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip- great work on P1! You can feel your determination coming off the page. I may need to borrow some of it. I'm doing P2 and P3 but should really be doing P1. I made zucchini muffins for the next two days so that is done. For dressing I have been using light ones but should really be making my own out of oil and vinegar

Hawaii - that is awesome your DH is on plan with you and your back on track with your exercise. Hang in there the results will show

Luccilove - sending hugs. I think cruises are a dieters trap that would be near impossible to avoid. I get excited just thinking about all that food - clearly I have work still to do hang in there you can do it!

Liana - your trip to to Banff sounds great and you will look beautiful. Which film festival is it?

I'm hanging in but need to do better - I have been eating in the night which is a sure sign things are off track. DH working so hard to get a job, came close and then the company was bought and a hiring freeze put in place. It has been nice for having him home after school for the kids except when he forgot to get them I've been have +++issues with my sister which has been emotionally heartbreaking. Keep calm and carry on is what I need to do and focus on me.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:52 PM   #28  

Hi Jenny,

So sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much stress. Family relationships can be so fraught with emotion. I will keep you in my prayers.

I understand the late night eating too! Amazing how stress can blow 2 years of changed behavior out of the water. I just ordered some guided meditations for dealing with stress and growing happiness. I am just too tense :/

The charity brunch went pretty well. Eggs w/ mushrooms, peppers and a little ham. Today was a hungry day but, you are right- I am determined! 5 weeks is nothin! Think about all that we have accomplished.

Last edited by Slipfree; 09-20-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #29  

Hey, Jenny - family stuff is tough alright! Hugs to you, hang in there.

Last night I wasn't too prepared for my midnight meal... ended up eating a Quest Apple pie bar, a broccoli/bacon/cheese/red onion salad, and two small HB eggs. Ran into 7-11 to get something and came out with that, so I guess it could have been worse. I didn't use a dressing packet for the salad, but the 7-11 here knows my weird food choices and let me get spoonsful of sauerkraut juice from the hotdog bar to top the salad with. Amazingly yummy, hahahah.

The Banff Mountain Film & Book festival site: http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainfestival/
After the winners are chosen a World Tour happens with an evening of some of the choice films at a theatre near you. The schedule will probably be out the week following as my hometown is always first or second on the list (a fundraiser for the Search & Rescue society here). It has always been a sellout here - I've been going for 14 or 15 years. Last year they managed to get two showings - different film set each night - we went to both. It is worth the money to watch the films when they come to your town.

Liana
Old 09-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #30  

Day 6! I am so tired. Really hoping to get over the beginning energy drain soon.

Liana, that is some combo of food, lol! You are def. a savory lady The film festival sounds fun.

How are the rest of you doing? Steph, Kooky, Hawaii, Want2b, Luccilove, Hiker, Kawaii and anyone else that is checking in here. We are just a few weeks away from 2 years!!!
Closed Thread