3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Exercise on Phase 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
NOVAScents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise on Phase 1

Hi Everyone!

Can someone point me in the right direction for a plan for phase 1 with exercise? I saw a few posts on it but I think I need a more "ideal" plan. I work out 5 days a week, 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weights. Some days I skip weights and just do cardio. To compensate, would I just add 1 packet after my workout? Thanks!
__________________
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
hysteria_625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 645

S/C/G: 234 / 157.4 / 145

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Hi Everyone!

Can someone point me in the right direction for a plan for phase 1 with exercise? I saw a few posts on it but I think I need a more "ideal" plan. I work out 5 days a week, 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weights. Some days I skip weights and just do cardio. To compensate, would I just add 1 packet after my workout? Thanks!
Hopefully other will chime in, but from what I understand of IP and P1 calorie intake, that is way too much to sustain with just an extra packet. You would be risking your health. A modified P2, maybe - do you have a coach?
__________________
Beth

W1-3:-14.6 W4:-3.8 W5:-2.8 W6:-2.6 W7:-4.0 (sinus infection) W8: -0.2 W9: -2.4 W:10 /11/ 12: -7.8 (195.8) W13: -2.4 W14, 15, 16, 17: -12.6 (183.2) W 18, 19, 20: -3.0 (180.2) W21, 22: -6.2 (174.0) W23, 24, 25: -5.2 (168.8) W26, 27: -2.60


-30.0 achieved 04/04/2015
-40.0 achieved 04/27/2015
-50.0 achieved 06/02/2015
-60.0 achieved 07/02/2015
-70.0 achieved 08/16/2015
hysteria_625 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Blackw1dow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1

Default

I was told - no Cardio . If what you are doing makes you breathe heavy, panting, sweating etc. it is highly not recommended.
Blackw1dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
ending SIX+ years of yoyo
 
EmmaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,533

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/???/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Default

I have something in my files called the IP Athlete Protocol. It is from 2012, so some things have changed (like unlimited veggies), Swede (=Rutabaga) was select, Bell peppers were occasional, my beloved Chayote isn't on the list....

In looking for an updated version, I found this, which is very helpful. Lisa outlines all the differences.

Athletic Protocol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here were the differences in regular protocol vs "athletes":
B 1-2 IP protein packs
L: 1 IP protein pack plus one hard boiled egg or 1/3 can tuna. 2 c select veggies
D: same
Snack 1-2 IP protein packs
It was noted to have 1-2 g protein per pound of lean body weight (not total body weight...lean mass is everything minus fat).

The sheet notes this at the bottom:
IMPORTANT - Reduce intensity of training, at this point priority is on conserving existing mass and trimming fat. Post workout (within 45 minutes) - Drink 2 envelopes: Peach Mango, Pineapple Banana, or orange Drink. (I added: choose lowest carb, lowest fat, lowest cal packets. Probably could add here the rasp jelly, lemonade, and the blue/cran granata)

It also notes on the bottom of the page to do cardio in the morning. Never get out of breath, 45 minutes performed 4-5 times Per week.

There is no date on the protocol sheet but I found it in 2011, so it is several years old.
__________________
Mini-goal #5, last one? (ala Beck Diet Solution): Lose 5 pounds AGAIN. Start date: August 19,2015 (last time took 30 days)
LABOR DAY CHALLENGE: Just stick to IP (Started 4/29) until Labor Day, no weight goal. Start exercising!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
NOVAScents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I have something in my files called the IP Athlete Protocol. It is from 2012, so some things have changed (like unlimited veggies), Swede (=Rutabaga) was select, Bell peppers were occasional, my beloved Chayote isn't on the list....

In looking for an updated version, I found this, which is very helpful. Lisa outlines all the differences.

Athletic Protocol?
Thank you!! This is exactly what I'm looking for.
__________________
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Grateful4Health's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 676

S/C/G: 237/165/160

Height: 57" - 47 years old - Started IP P1 3/26/14, Maintenance/P4 3/18/15 - P1 mini Reboot 8/17/15

Default

My coach had a heavy-duty athlete on the program, and she also added one plain baked potato for him.

I exercised a lot during P1, and she offered that option to me, but for me one or two extra packets worked fine and I didn't want to add the potato.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
Started IP 6/10/2015
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 38

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
My coach had a heavy-duty athlete on the program, and she also added one plain baked potato for him.

I exercised a lot during P1, and she offered that option to me, but for me one or two extra packets worked fine and I didn't want to add the potato.
Grateful - what form of exercise did you do and how much? I really feel like I need to exercise which my coach said is okay as long as it's not cardio so I thought I'd do hand weights. Did you consistently add extra packets or anything else? My coach told me to add an extra packet or an extra protein on days I exercise.
roxysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 2,715

S/C/G: 163/137/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 51 yrs old

Default

Weights are good on this protocol as long as you are not pushing high levels, go for more 'strength and endurance' rather than 'power'. Another option for eating while exercising at slightly higher intensity is using Alternative Diabetic P1 or P2. This adds a small serving of fruit, a serving of low fat dairy, and a small serving of starch carb per day -not to be taken at the same meal. Works well for those that need to keep their blood sugars slightly higher and need more carbs to function effectively.
Something to check into with your coach. If they haven't heard of it, they need to get in contact with the head office of IP who can fill them in.
If you are already used to exercise don't quit it entirely but you will need to scale back a bit and listen to your body carefully.

Liana
__________________


Maintenance since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
NOVAScents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Weights are good on this protocol as long as you are not pushing high levels, go for more 'strength and endurance' rather than 'power'. Another option for eating while exercising at slightly higher intensity is using Alternative Diabetic P1 or P2. This adds a small serving of fruit, a serving of low fat dairy, and a small serving of starch carb per day -not to be taken at the same meal. Works well for those that need to keep their blood sugars slightly higher and need more carbs to function effectively.
Something to check into with your coach. If they haven't heard of it, they need to get in contact with the head office of IP who can fill them in.
If you are already used to exercise don't quit it entirely but you will need to scale back a bit and listen to your body carefully.

Liana
Thanks! I'm back on plan without a coach this time. I did my first WI this morning and wanted to die. PMS + normal weight gain is not my friend. I did two IP packets and I'm doing my cardio day today and will see how it goes. I may switch to Yoga + Pilates instead of my kick boxing and weights classes and then just do regular Phase 1 + an extra packet after the workout if I find it to be too much.
__________________
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2