Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #151  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Sue - we need photos of the bellydancing! It sounds like so much fun.

CenTX - the gym. How I miss it. Hoping to get back there in the next month once all the house upheaval is sorted (hard wood floors throughout, courtesy of my inheritance from my late parents) and the cats can be retrieved from under our bed. Sounds like you have an awesome trainer!

Alexandra - I absolutely agree that the body fat percentage is the real mark of fitness and the key to looking good. At the end of the day you have to balance it all out - health and fitness. But, you have a great structure (that height and THOSE legs, woman!!!!) and I'm sure your walking will get you to that 24% or lower. Just don't overdo it.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #152  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Alexandra - I absolutely agree that the body fat percentage is the real mark of fitness and the key to looking good. At the end of the day you have to balance it all out - health and fitness. But, you have a great structure (that height and THOSE legs, woman!!!!) and I'm sure your walking will get you to that 24% or lower. Just don't overdo it.
Good point about balance and not overdoing it!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 08-30-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Sorry my friends what happens in Belly Dancing Class stays in Belly Dancing Class

Supposed to go to a friends BBQ today with DH and now he tells me he is not up to it...good for my eating, bad cause now I have nothing to do this afternoon...Ugh.. I mean I have work to do, but this was my excuse not to do it!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #154  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Sorry my friends what happens in Belly Dancing Class stays in Belly Dancing Class
Shiz is getting serious then! LOL

Maybe use your extra time to get some shimmying in?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Shiz is getting serious then! LOL

Maybe use your extra time to get some shimmying in?
LOL Yes seriously hurting my stomach muscles LOL.. I didn't realize the power of the belly dance LOL.

Had one of those out of control eating afternoons yesterday. Just could not find anything to satisfy me. I think I ate 3 packets thru the afternoon in addition to my normal...Ugh I hate being bored at home. I really should have just left DH and gone shopping. We were supposed to go to a BBQ but at the last minute he decided he didnt want to go...not because he didn't feel good, he just didn't want to be there with that group of people ( his work associates) So I had the clear afternoon to be bored. I mean I did laundry and stuff around the house, but basicly I was bored and mad at him for ruining my plans.. Ugh so I fall right back into the eating for comfort routine.... I need to figure out how to not do that!

Anyway today is a new day and I am up enough on the scale this am to hopefully scare the program right back into me LOL....P1 as strict as in the beginning here I come....Maybe this was the push I needed to see how fast I can lose control and get me back on the right path.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #156  
Reboot 11 June 2018

I had one of those days today. For me, it's watching tv. Watching the entire Stargate Universe series again, and I just can't stop drinking tea and eating. Drawback is that hubby cannot be without snack (read junk) food in the house, and because it's easily to hand it falls into mine, too.

No matter, I'm just above 175 again so just 20lbs to make up for, and I'm pretty sure the 4 mile walk today will count for some of the excess. I really need to get back into the gym.

It's interesting the difference in size for the weight. I have never had a belly before - all my weight has been on the butt, hips and thighs. This gain it has gone on the belly, too. Last time I was 175 I was comfortably in a large 10. Now I'm in a large 12. I attribute it to the lack of exercise to go with the dieting. Time will tell once I'm back at the gym. Just started the walking once more and not having any issues with the ribs, so it's time to get serious again.

Where is everyone? Been a quiet few days.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:50 AM   #157  

Hi Amanda - I just got home from Dallas - visit with my brother - lots of time with young ones and not much time online, which was really nice.
Managed to stay 100% OP for my P1 reboot much to their consternation…. “why can’t you try this, why can’t you try that”…. it was good though, they know when I see them next I will be able to try a few things again, and they are starting to understand that sometimes I watch closely what I eat, and sometimes I ease up a little and have a bite of something but now a whole piece, and we actually had a good conversation about our family genetics (pretty much everyone in my extended family except for my brother’s family are either overweight or obese), and talked with them about how our bodies genetically are predisposed to have blood sugar and weight issues, and how to watch for that.
It was really amazing, because they’ve seen the changes I have made, and are really curious about them, so it was nice to just have an honest talk about it.

Amanda, as someone who exercises a lot I understand how frustrating those injuries can be - it really throws everything off. Part of the reason I am doing the reboot of P1 is that an injury forced me up higher than I was comfortable with.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 08-31-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 AM   #158  
Serial Dieter

Here we are getting ready to roll over to a new month in 22 hours! Hello September! Can cool brisk Fall weather be far away? Sweaters, falling leaves, football, fires in the hearth.

So I am just finishing 1 full year on the Ideal Protein Diet (since I started a year ago on September 1st 2014). At that point I weighed in at 326 pounds with a 53" waistline.

My totals over the past year:

- Melted off 125 pounds of total body weight, from 326 to 201.
- Dropped my Body Mass Index from over 40 (morbidly obese) to 25 (healthy)
- Shrunk nearly 18" off my waistline, from 53" down to 35.75" (a foot and a half)
- Evaporated 42" total from 3 measurements: bust, waist, hips (that's over a yard)
- I've gone from a size 26 to size 12/14
- I dropped 1 to 2 full shoe sizes
- I cannot even list all the health issues that have completely cleared up (blood sugar, cholesterol, etc all normal and healthy!)

It's mind boggling.

I only had one bad cheat period in that one year period (which lasted about 18 days from late February to mid March) -- which started with a midnight run to the grocery store to buy 3 boxes of cookies and a can of honey roasted nuts which I snarfed down in an hour. That happened after I had lost about 75 pounds (I call that hitting my 75 pound wall) ... but since then I got back on the straight and narrow and dropped another 50 pounds. Yay for me for not getting totally derailed.

My monthly losses:

Sep = 13 pounds
Oct = 14 pounds
Nov = 17 pounds
Dec = 13 pounds
Jan = 12 pounds
Feb = 6 pounds (included a bad cheat period)
Mar = 10 pounds
Apr = 10 pounds
May = 9 pounds
Jun = 9 pounds
Jul = 5 pounds
Aug = 7 pounds
-----------------
Total = 125 pounds

I bought a FITBIT and started step tracking with a brisk 1 hour walk every morning up and down hills in my neighborhood in late October, which I think really helped me with the weight loss, inches loss, and calorie burn. Since then I have treked over 1000 miles!! (Isn't there a song with lyrics ... "I have walked 500 miles and I would walk 500 more ...."

It's hard to conceptualize my body look with my height ... but the conversion rate of any body to a different height is 5 pounds for every 1" height difference. So at 6'3" 200 lbs ... I really look the same in terms of proportion as ... 5'5" 150 pounds ... or 5'7" 160 pounds. So I am similar (ballpark) to where Amber is currently in terms of proportion -- Kind of interesting.

Just wanted to give everyone here a big salute for fighting the good fight. Keep up the great work everyone!! I love you all!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 08-31-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:04 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Alexandra!! Congrats!! (The Proclaimers did that song, BTW)

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 08-31-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:06 AM   #160  

Amanda: I've been eating 200g Toblerone bars while watching Stargate SG1 DVD's from the library this week, lol.
Darn Walmart had the bars on (regularly $9.00 here) for ONE DOLLAR each. I only bought 5 but thought seriously about buying all 12 in the display box! Gimme a slap, return me to my senses. Tummy is not happy with me!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:23 AM   #161  

Sue: This one's for you & your BD class!

Liana
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 AM   #162  
Serial Dieter

Love your animations Liana !!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:08 AM   #163  
Serial Dieter

Ahh good memory on that song!

500 miles Video

Last edited by Avalon1957; 08-31-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 AM   #164  

Liana - Love my dancers LOl..thanks...

Alexandra - Love the condensed version of your story. You have done an amazing job even with your slip ups....you should be very proud of what you have done..

Amber -Glad you had a nice time away..hard to be with people sometimes that don't understand...

Amanda - Sorry about your binge day....Sizes are so differnet. I really am solidly in a 14, but some 12's fit. I also can wear most size L shirts, but some I still need the XL....

Ugh did you have to make a post to remind me about sweater weather LOL.. Actually I love the fall. Especially here in NJ when the mornings are crips and the leaves start to change colors. I dread my winter wardrobe as I don't know what I have in the way of sweaters. I will still in the 200's when I packed them away last year. I have been buying some pieces here and there and I have a ton of pants that my sister in law sent me so the bottom department is good..It will be shirts and shoes that need replacing.....
Old 08-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Sue – Girl, I love your what happens in belly dancing, stays in belly dancing! You go and have a good time!! Sorry your DH wasn’t up for the BBQ this weekend. It is hard when our spouses don’t do what we want them to!

G4H – So glad you had a good trip with your family. It is hard for people without weight issues to understand. Not to mention if your family is anything like mine, they show love with food. Good for you for being strong and sticking with P1!! I hope you see your reward on the scale this week.

Briael – I have a DH and kiddos who care more about their snack foods then my dietary restrictions. Thankfully, I do most of the grocery shopping. What isn’t in my pantry, can’t hurt me. They know to hide the rest!

Had an appnt with my PCP this morning. Weighed in at 160 on his scale, but what Dr’s scale isn’t higher than every other scale in the world? He called my WL “remarkable” and commented how I reversed my diabetes, how my numbers look great and am off all prescription meds. I did ask him to give me a weight that I should be at. The best he would do is say between 150 – 160. We also talked about loose skin and hormones. Lord knows, my DH has been on my last nerve for weeks. Plus my hair is so thin so he agreed to check my thyroid. And he said he would give me recommendations for cosmetic surgeons when I am ready. He did say toning up will help but the skin will never shrink back to where I want it to be.

So instead of working towards what some would consider a pie in the sky perfect weight, I am going to try and focus on working out and maintaining my weight in a healthy range so I can go for a skin removal consultation. Easier said than done but that’s where I am today.
Closed Thread