Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Lynn Margaret, I can relate on the food being around. My house is full of 5 boys (6 when the 20 year old is home from college) ages 9-17. So many chips, ice cream, etc. I just grin and bear it. Even before IP. :-(
Old 05-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post

ETA: Oh, I actually have a question, if anyone cares to chime in...my original goal was/is 140. Though my coach mentioned "liking to get people 5 pounds under" for breathing room/wiggle room. Seems valid? But then I hear that things can slow down at the end of the P1 journey? And that many seem to lose beyond P1? Has anyone else dealt with such a dilemma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post

My coach's goal seems very low for me (she said 165 and I laughed). I was 170 about 2 years ago and I felt SKINNY then. She said to go for 165 because when I go to phase 4, my body will gain about 5lbs when my glucogen is restored (I think that's what she said). At this point, onederland is my fantasy so I'm taking it 10lbs at a time.
Don't worry too much about the number, you can change it any time. There were quite a few of us during my P1 time who changed our goal as we got closer. I originally was aiming for 150, but as I got about 10-15 lbs from that, I knew I wouldn't be happy, and decided to keep going to 135, which is at the top range of my BMI. Your body will tell you how you feel, when to stop. Or you'll just get diet fatigue.
I did lose about 3 more lbs once I finished and got to P4.
One thing I know for sure, I'm glad I kept going till I got to where I felt right, because it's very tough to go back to P1.

Whatever you decide, best of luck, you can do it!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Here's a couple of interesting sites for weight/BMI/body fat %:
The first one looks a little hokey, but he is a respected legit doc (who just likes to play around with designing his own website/animations etc - not his profession). I find it interesting to see what percentile you are in compared to so-called normal or average for your age/gender.

http://halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

This one has an interesting chart for body fat percentages at particular ages, also the photos kind of help you get a handle on what those percentages look like in real life.

http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/...centage-chart/

You can always reassess your goal when you get there. No biggie. And some of us continued to lose during P2/3. In fact, I went down to 3 lbs below goal without trying to. That's 13 lbs below what I am now (I am up 4 lbs over my 'scream weight' right now, at 21.6 BMI and in the 8th percentile)

Liana
Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #469  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Don't worry too much about the number, you can change it any time. There were quite a few of us during my P1 time who changed our goal as we got closer. I originally was aiming for 150, but as I got about 10-15 lbs from that, I knew I wouldn't be happy, and decided to keep going to 135, which is at the top range of my BMI. Your body will tell you how you feel, when to stop. Or you'll just get diet fatigue.
I did lose about 3 more lbs once I finished and got to P4.
One thing I know for sure, I'm glad I kept going till I got to where I felt right, because it's very tough to go back to P1.

Whatever you decide, best of luck, you can do it!
Thank you. This diet seems like a dream, I see so many profiles with amazing results.

Seriously when my coach said 165, I rolled my eyes and laughed. I haven't seen 165 since I was 18 (and I thought I was so fat then!). Now I'd literally give my right arm to be there again.

If I can get to 199, anything more will be bonus pounds. 43 pounds just seems so far away but then I think, I'm already halfway there since the first week of April! Unbelievable! I haven't gone off plan once yet and that's my plan for the duration. 199 could be in my sights by September 1st if I stay focused on my plan. I wish I started in January.

All of you inspire me so much!

Last edited by CarrotsAreMyLife; 05-24-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-24-2016, 10:57 PM   #470  

My clinic doesn't charge for weekly WI's- I had the choice to pay $75 for a group orientation , or $150 for private. I chose the $75, then the other expense is vitamins of about $100 a month and food. What I really like is they're sold in singles so you can get 2- different foods if u want.
My absolute favourite is the double chocolate brownie. Oh my goodness it is fantastic
Old 05-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I definitely dont experience the surge of energy some get doing a keto plan...has anyone used b-12 injections while OP? curious...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 217/195.4/138

Height: 5'8.5

Hi, I'm starting my 6th week on Lindora and everything is going smoothy pretty much. I've had some ups and downs, but I'm chugging along. I still have a lot to lose and that can be daunting to think about. I've lost 21lbs so far and have much more to go, but I just need to think about baby steps.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Talking

Welcome Amber! I needed to Google Lindora, lol. Weight loss phase sounds very similar to IP, but Maintenance is quite different as IP does suggest not being afraid of fats. Newer studies show us fats are essential for satiety and that the real culprit for health problems ie. heart disease, alzheimers, etc is inflammation from sugars/starches.
Sounds like you are doing well on your weight loss journey! Don't forget to look past the scale to the other health & lifestyle benefits. They are called Non-Scale Victories. To see what others are noticing try a scroll through this thread, it's very encouraging:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...nsv-brags.html
and here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-received.html

Probably time to revive these threads... I may give them a bump to the top of the page listings.

Liana
Old 07-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #474  
Motivated Newbie!

S/C/G: 255.8/231.2/195

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, I just finished my first month of IP and my total loss is 18.2 pounds, which is wonderful. This week's loss of only 1.2 pounds is bugging me though, and I know intellectually it shouldn't, but what do you do when your weight loss expectations for a week have not meshed with reality? Any tips on keeping it all in perspective? How do you folks handle a plateau or a loss that is less than you thought would happen? And I know 'anything that is not a gain in pounds is a good week' but it is reconciling the emotions with the intellect that is challenging.
Any suggestions would be great, and so sorry to even ask when I have had a loss that would be considered wonderful on other programs.
Lisa
Old 07-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 201 lbs

Height: 5'7.5

Default Hello

Hi there,
Joining you today. I have been reading about all of your successes and looking forward to walking with you on this journey.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #476  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Default newbie doing old ww pts.

Hello, I am new and am doing the old w.w. pts. plan. Any advice is welcomed.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDberry View Post
Hello, I am new and am doing the old w.w. pts. plan. Any advice is welcomed.
Hi Emeraldberry - Good luck on your diet. This forum is for people on the Ideal protein diet so you may not find a lot of advice here or WW. There is a whole other section on 3FC for weight watchers, I'm sure you'll find lots of people there t o help with your journey.
Here's a link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/
Old 07-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone-
Rejoining for a reboot after a few years off and some (not all!) pounds back on. Glad to be with you all on this journey!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 181/167/133

I have yet to get the surge of energy on this plan - most days I am really dragging by 4 pm. At least I am not experiencing insomnia like I used to, I have been sleeping like a rock since I started this plan about 5 weeks ago.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 212/194.8/150

Height: 5'3.5"

I see that this is a year old...are there any recent posts/info, on IP? I am trying to re-start the program but am a binge/over eater. I need to lose at least 60lbs and am having difficulties. I, sometimes, have will power, and usually don't. I live alone and hate to walk, exercise alone. I really need help...
Closed Thread