Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #166  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome to all the new folks. Everyone's here for the same reason, and following IP in some form or another, whether that's on the IP products, or alternatives or the diabetic IP, so if you have a question or an issue it's pretty certain that someone here will have had a similar experience and be able to offer advice.

Cheating comes in many forms. Some of them are more detrimental than others. A big blow out, while not helpful to a diet, is sometimes better than lots of tiny daily cheats, which can ultimately derail and demotivate.

The important part for success is to pick yourself up again. Being angry won't motivate you as much as being committed and seeing the weight come off, so let go of the past and the mistakes along the way, and keep going.

You CAN do this.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #167  

I am just restarting IP again using alternatives (I did it successfully back in 2012, but gained it all back from not phasing off properly). I am on day 4 and have been really tired these last two days. I don't remember this happening last time. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I am just restarting IP again using alternatives (I did it successfully back in 2012, but gained it all back from not phasing off properly). I am on day 4 and have been really tired these last two days. I don't remember this happening last time. Does anyone else have this issue?
I get extremely exhausted those first days on IP! This is my 3rd rodeo and I always dread the first days but when ketosis kicks in I have energy for days!! Sometimes I find I am tired due to lack of water or salt so make sure you are getting those in. Hang in there you got this and
it will all be worth it in the end!!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Mama...i remember my first few days i had bad headaches and soemone said to put salt in my hand and just lick it...i know...yak...but it worked for me. I remember not being able to take long walks also....it does pass...i find it harder second time around but on day 16 i still hAve not cheated which I could not say for the first time around.
I know i cant cheat or i will spiral out of control. I made a commitment to this site...to Ipeeps and I intend on keeping it.
We CAN and we WILL do this!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:23 AM   #170  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Default Mamacitaof2

I recall the first week being extremely tough, hungry and tired. I think I had a lot of bad carbs to flush out. Make sure you follow phase 1 protocol exactly. Since, that first week, I've had a ton of energy.
Good luck!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Going to camp again this weekend. I have survived two weekends being around a ton of junk (our trailer is on my inlaws lot with many others and there is always junk around)...i have not even licked a chip...lol
Getting all my veggies ready and my snacks.
I know I can do this. I decided to carry a picture of me when I weighed 251pounds as a reminder of how far I have come. A little tool I learned during my ww days. I keep it in my pocket and I will touch it or look at it to help 'ground' my thoughts. I used to look at these and say to myslef look what you did to yourself but now I think...wow look how far you have come.
The scale finally moved a little. After dropping 10 pounds during the first week (goinf from eating 10000 calories to 1000)...the scale went down two more pounds. Many mornings I would get up to find the same number and this in the past has made me do stupid things...well since Im not loosing lets eat...and eat..but not this time...i looked at that scale and thought...you better start cooperating or youre going for a ride...lol...the scale did not talk back...but seriously i was not happy about the number but i know its working because i feel better and it is starting to show.
Does anybody else talk to their scale? Has anyone ever got an answer?lol
Old 09-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

mama - truth of the matter is 8 months in and I still have a few days where I am extremely fatigued...I make it through the day and then need a good 10 hours sleep. This generally coincides with my TOM though Also, to reiterate, be sure to be keeping up with your supplements / salt / water. Keep rockin'!

L13 - *raises hand* we're heading off for some camping this weekend too with DH's family on his uncles farm. Tons of junk and booze to be available - I am taking my world famous deviled eggs (low carb, but not IP-friendly...and yes, I am planning to indulge) and there will be hamburgers and hot dogs. Taking a bag of goodies too when I need something sweet while everyone has s'mores - and the cooler will be packed with veggies. We got this lady!
Oh - and I don't think I've ever said anything out loud to my scale, but some of the stuff that runs through my head when I see the number sometimes would put a Navy sailors vocabulary to shame

Last edited by hysteria_625; 09-04-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #173  

Thanks everyone! I feel slightly perkier today, but I'm looking forward to the long weekend so I can sleep as much as I want. Just need to pack all the supplies I'll need for the holiday weekend. It's supposed to be rainy weather, which is perfect for reading and napping!

Day 5 and I hit ketosis! I'm pretty excited about that! I did weigh myself this morning and I'm feeling good about the number so far, but with a long challenging weekend ahead I don't want to jinx myself.

Staying strong and OP! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

OK I am officially BACK! LOL Weighed today. I am 187. My lowest was 175. So not TOO terrible. But I am ready to get serious and get to goal!! Work has been SO busy that I don't have time to get on here during the day and I just don't think about it when I get home. But this board played an integral part of my weight loss journey. So I am back on IP and back on this board!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #175  

Default IP Alternatives

Last year I did Ideal Protein and lost 46lbs. I am wanting to do the diet again for I have gained back 20lbs. The diet is too expensive though totally worth it. Can someone help me out with alternative products? Thank you.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:49 PM   #176  

Default I'm done- selling lots of food, cheaper way to start

I'm done with the program. I have a bunch of alternative food that I would like to sell as one "lot" for $120 shipped. I paid between $11.99-17.99each for these items, so way more than $120. If you buy the lot I will throw in a handful of single packets and items I have also. The non-IP stuff is all approved alternatives that I researched extensively on here as substitutes. I have:

1 box Healthsmart Caramel Crunch bars (7)
1 box Weight Loss Systems Double Chocolate Cake mix (7)
1 box Proti Diet Vanilla Pudding (7)
1 box Proti Diet Honey Nut cereal (6)
1 box Proti Diet White Cheddar crisps (7)
1 box Proti Diet maple brown sugar oatmeal (7)
1 box Proti Thin Hot cocoa (7)
1 box Proti Thin Fusilli high protein pasta (7)
1 box P20 Lifestyle Protein Chocolate Soy snacks (6)
1 box Proti Diet Chocolate shake mix (6)
1 box Proti Diet Chicken soup mix (5)
1 box Proti Diet pancake mix (6)
1 box P20 triple chocolate bars (6)
Ideal Protein packets:
Omelet mix (3)
Fine herbs & cheese omelet mix (3)
Tomato basil soup (2)
Mushroom soup (2)
Leek soup (2)
Chicken soup (1)
Vanilla pudding (2)
Butterscotch pudding (2)
Potato puree (2)
Crispy cereal (1)
Triple chocolate wafers (1)
Cookie dough swirl bar (1)
FREE singles if lot if bought:
Proti Thin Caramel Cafe latte shake & pudding mix (2)
Proti Thin BBQ soy snack (1)
Chocolate mint crispy protein bar
Proti Thin Peanut butter cup bar (2)

Let me know if you are interested. I can take Paypal. PM or email to bfinchley1 at aol.com
Old 09-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 273/236/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Glad I found this forum

So glad I found this forum. Been on hundreds of diets over the last 40 years but believing IP is the one for me. Been on the plan for almost 6 weeks now and have lost 30 lbs. It's going to be a long journey to get to my goal weight and maybe beyond! Thanks for your encouragement and direction.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #178  

TV Chris welcome. There are many people here that share your experience, and after completing IP Phase 1 have successfully maintained for a long time now. Thus there is a wealth of experience. I hope it is “it” for you and that your health will have a big upsurge as a result of the change. Feel free to post as often as you like and share your experience and ask questions.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #179  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu1976 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this site, I've been on the plan for exactly 3 months, today. I've lost 48 lbs so far and I'm so excited. Summer is almost over and I have to say that it has been the best summer in so long, just because I was able to deal with all the heat, before I was always sweating, it was embarrassing, not this year, and this is not the "lightest" I've been but is just completely different, my skin looks and feels good, I'm just happy. I was really hoping to hit the 50 lbs lost mark today but oh well, I'm so happy for 48, I still have a long journey to go but I know I can do it. Is so easy to "stay" in this plan, yes, I've cheated during the plan, but hey, is a big change and is so easy to go back on plan, you had a burger? ok, that doesn't mean you are going back to old habits, no, just go back on plan. I can do this!
Great job - 48 lbs in 3 months is awesome!!! I hear you when it comes to not being so sweaty all the time - urgh! Right before I started the plan I bought a fan for my desk at work that plugs into a USB port and I haven't even had to use it thanks to IP :-)

We started about the same time (6/10) for me, so I'm looking forward to celebrating our progress!

Cindy
Old 09-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #180  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Wow Loser13 you have come a long way if you have a picture of yourself at 251
12 pounds in two weeks as amazing! Oh yes I have a relationship with scale too LOL We love it when it moves in the right direction but curse it when it doesn't!
Closed Thread