Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Hello ladies. I haven't been here in some time. On my 10 th day of reboot. I am what you call the Queen of Self Sabbotage. In March I was at 127 pounds...so close....went on vacation...gained a little back...but just could not forgive myself...so I spiraled out of control...now I'm at 155...I was back up to 167 went I started my reboot ten days ago...
I know I am my worst critic...I know what I have to do...I just don't know why I do this to myself...during the past months I would go to the store and buy junk...lots and lots (chips, licorice, jelly beans, chocolate...) and eat it all...to the point where I would feel sick and my stomach would hurt...and then a few days later...do it again...of course I would get on the scale and feel disgusted...do IP for a few days and then for some reason the junk would call my name. i cannot just have a bite of junk...not 1 chip, not 1 licorice...if I do...it' s over. My brain says ..well since you had one have all you wnat and start again tomorrow.
It took me some time to come back here. I LOVE this site and I know I have all this great suuport but I think I just did not want it. I just wanted to eat.
Well on this morning I am pledging to myslef and all you Ipeeps that this time if ever I do fall...I will come and talk to you.
I have cried many tears for what I have done to myself in the past months (my health not just the weight) but I know I am worth it, I love myself and I forgive myself.
Thank you for being there for me, Linda

Hi, I have been reading this forum for quite some time. I don't write much but I do read everyone's comments and suggestions and it is very encouraging. Reading your post was like reading my mind. I do the same things. I just finished my second time on IP and in 4 months have gained back 20 pounds. I am so frustrated with myself. I also can't just eat one thing. If I cheat I feel like I have to eat everything in my house that one day and swear I will start again tomorrow. I'm not sure what the solution to this is but I have been back on program since Monday and hopefully, this time around will be able to maintain. I'm thinking maybe my body just can't have fun days. I think if I just completely stay away from the sweets I might be okay. But, I would like to be able to have a fun meal and dessert once in awhile. I'm just glad to see that I am not the only one that feels this way.

We can do this though. I keep repeating to myself a phrase I heard the first time I was on this diet -- NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS. This helps me sometimes.

Good luck to you and just remember that the people here are very supportive and are always willing to help with advice and support. Your post has made me pledge to myself that if I do fall again I am going to ask for the help and support of the people on this wonderful forum before I spiral out of control.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #152  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Oh Loser13: You are soooo not alone. I can totally relate. I think for the 1st time in my life, I have accepted that I will never be someone who can handle anything in "moderation". Processed sugar and I will never get along. I've struggled too long.
You MUST commit to healthy choices, no exceptions. Yes it's tough, but you're tougher. You can do this and you will succeed! No more beating yourself up.
Good Luck and stick to these threads daily. The support here is incredible.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Hello ladies. I haven't been here in some time. On my 10 th day of reboot. I am what you call the Queen of Self Sabbotage. In March I was at 127 pounds...so close....went on vacation...gained a little back...but just could not forgive myself...so I spiraled out of control...now I'm at 155...I was back up to 167 went I started my reboot ten days ago...
I know I am my worst critic...I know what I have to do...I just don't know why I do this to myself...during the past months I would go to the store and buy junk...lots and lots (chips, licorice, jelly beans, chocolate...) and eat it all...to the point where I would feel sick and my stomach would hurt...and then a few days later...do it again...of course I would get on the scale and feel disgusted...do IP for a few days and then for some reason the junk would call my name. i cannot just have a bite of junk...not 1 chip, not 1 licorice...if I do...it' s over. My brain says ..well since you had one have all you wnat and start again tomorrow.
It took me some time to come back here. I LOVE this site and I know I have all this great suuport but I think I just did not want it. I just wanted to eat.
Well on this morning I am pledging to myslef and all you Ipeeps that this time if ever I do fall...I will come and talk to you.
I have cried many tears for what I have done to myself in the past months (my health not just the weight) but I know I am worth it, I love myself and I forgive myself.
Thank you for being there for me, Linda
Hi loser13 and the other gals having binge type issues... here's something I posted for someone back in March who was having the same issue... maybe you will be able to take something helpful from it? HUGS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elt

I hope it's ok I'm posting here...im hoping that the 100% club can give me some well needed advice...
I too did ideal protein 2 years ago after I had my son,; like many of you I not only regained the weight plus 15 more pounds. now I have been trying to restart for over 3 weeks and like most of u, "life is getting in the way." Im getting so angry and frustrated with myself. The first time around I did it 100%, now I'm playing around. Every time I cheat I then get more and more angry at myself and cheat even more. I told myself I was going to recommit yet im not, I'm maybe doing 50%... I'm soo frustrated and I feel like I need someone to "hit me in the head" and wake up. Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated

Hi Elt: here's a friendly kick in the pants, lol . Start this minute being 100%, then when you are tempted to cheat examine what situation is causing it and try to change that situation. Go moment by moment and celebrate any temptation you managed to evade. Practice good self-talk, pretend you are a friend, what would you say to 'her' to encourage her to stay on plan... tell yourself the same thing, even saying it out loud. If you fall, don't lay there on the floor, just get right back up and continue on with 100%. Think of us like a slo-mo alcoholics anonymous... come to this forum when you are feeling weak, read some encouraging 100%ers threads, and connect with your IPeeps as a sort of 'sponsor' group for strength and support.
You did it once... you can do it again. DON'T look back except to learn from a mistake. History is in the past, done & gone, time to move forward!

Liana
Old 08-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #154  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Or use the "call a friend or family member who is supportive of your dieting" and tell them that you are close to cheating and have them talk you down.

Sometimes it's a stress outlet - it's all too easy to reach out and grab food. It makes you feel better, distracts you and keeps your hands full.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Thank you ladies...I REALLY want to do it this time. I know I am worth it ! We all are!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #156  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Height: 5'4"

After many weeks on the program and sticking strictly to it, I'm finding myself allowing cheats here and there - mainly adult beverages on the weekends which then leads to other cheats. When I do this I become so disappointed in myself, it's hard to keep the high level of motivation going I had originally.
I've noticed some of the really motivating posts Lisa has put on here and decided to order the book The Diet Trap Solution. This is NOT a diet, it's an accompaniment to any plan. It deals with teaching us how to recognize and avoid the negative thoughts and the luring thoughts that lead us down the wrong path. I am very excited about what I have read so far and think this could really help with that extra motivation I will need, not only through the losing phase, but for the rest of my life if I'm ever going to get off this diet roller coaster!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:12 AM   #157  

Today was very hard....boy did I have urges for junk. Dont know why ...maybe because it was day 13...ate a whole head of lettuce and afew dill pickles.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #158  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelin Woman View Post
Hi all

My second day of my 100 day VLCD. I made changes earlier in the year and walk 3.6 miles to work and back each day to work. I thought that would be enough to lose some of the weight but instead it increased my appetite so the 730 cals burnt were soon replaced with carbs.

My boyfriend calls me the Michelin man (hence the nickname) and is often unkind about my weight so I really want to lose the weight and then lose the man! (He doesn't know my second part of the plan yet!)

His latest jibe when I asked him how his ex coped with is unkind remarks and he said "there was nothing physically wrong with how she looked...just her personality"...should I be flattered or hurt? A compliment and an insult in one maybe

Anyway here I am on the bus to slimdom and hope to make some mates along the way xxx
Sounds like you are on "go mode" ... Fantastic. Staying on plan will just fuel your optimism and determination! When people are mean like that, they are usually showing their true nature. He sounds intimidated by your "take charge" approach. You chose him for a reason perhaps...sometimes we pick people who treat us badly because some part of us thinks that that is what we deserve. It sounds like it is time to "go shopping" for a sweetheart who will be on your side...someone who will cheer you on! In the meanwhile, remember that there is never a good time for bad news! I dumped my negative pessimist who discouraged me with mean insults on Christmas! Best "present" I ever gave myself because I eventually chose someone who inspires me ... Because I was able to feel inspired about myself I chose a better person.

Also, you have all of us to cheer you on...we who know what it is like to struggle with our bodies, food addiction, stress eating, weight gain and you-name-it! You "go girl!!"
Old 09-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 307/251/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm new to this site, I've been on the plan for exactly 3 months, today. I've lost 48 lbs so far and I'm so excited. Summer is almost over and I have to say that it has been the best summer in so long, just because I was able to deal with all the heat, before I was always sweating, it was embarrassing, not this year, and this is not the "lightest" I've been but is just completely different, my skin looks and feels good, I'm just happy. I was really hoping to hit the 50 lbs lost mark today but oh well, I'm so happy for 48, I still have a long journey to go but I know I can do it. Is so easy to "stay" in this plan, yes, I've cheated during the plan, but hey, is a big change and is so easy to go back on plan, you had a burger? ok, that doesn't mean you are going back to old habits, no, just go back on plan. I can do this!
Old 09-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #160  
Attentionlife

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5ft6inches

Default Great information!

I have been doing the alternative products with all your help! Just want to say thank you!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #161  

S/C/G: S/C/G 226/226/148

Height: 5'2"

Talking Looking for buddy

Good morning ladies,

I'm new to the site. Found you through Lamber Jules' blog. I saw a friend of mine last weekend that I hadn't seen in a few months. I was told that he had lost a lot of weight, but when I saw him my jaw dropped to the floor. Granted, guys usually lose weight much faster than girls, but he's lost 55lbs. in 9 weeks. That's incredible! So we talked for a long while about how he's done it and I came to understand the concept of the IP diet.

I've been overweight for 24 years (since my first child was born). As most of us here, I've been on every diet under the sun. I need to lose 77 to 85 pounds to be at my ideal weight.

I've done a lot of research in the last couple of days and I'm anxious to get started on my last diet. I plan on doing the "alternative" IP diet since I really have no budget for the real thing.

I noticed there are a lot of people on this site. I don't know if this is possible or not, but I'm wondering if I could be paired up with another girl on the same road as I? I'm sure others out there think this could be a good idea.

Anyway, thanks so much for this site and I'm hopeful this will work.

Last edited by FatCanukLady; 09-02-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attentionlife View Post
I have been doing the alternative products with all your help! Just want to say thank you!
Congrats Attention - how much have you lost?

Welcome Canuk - have you had a chance to read through the first post of this thread (posted by Lisa)? TONS of great information about IP and using alternatives.

I started with a coach / clinic (1 visit) but a soy intolerance led to me going 100% alt-products. I use http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/ for those products and do a lot of cooking.

3FC has been a god-send! I couldn't have done it without the fantastic support I've received here. BUT I also put in a lot of work myself - finding alt-products that met IP macros, digging up recipes I would like, etc...

Take a peek around - there are others starting / restarting and posting on the boards - you may find a diet-mate, but there are lots of great people here in various stages of P1 all the way to P4 / maintenance willing to help, encourage, etc..

It takes a village

Last edited by hysteria_625; 09-02-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #163  

Welcome Canuklady. I also live in Ontario and doing alternative. This is day 15 for me without any cheats but I did have some close calls. This program works if you follow it. My problem was when I slipped I spiralled out of control.
I made a commitment to my Ipeeps that I would come here and i did a few days ago when cravings were kiling me...i ate a whole head of lettuce and a few pickles...those doritos did not get the best of me.
There are many good posts on this site...it is great...Lisa always posts positive thinking...i write them down And read them over and over when i want to quit.
Hope you have great success and that goes to all my Ipeeps.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #164  
IP start April 20, 2015

Default Canuk

Welcome! There's so much support on these threads so keep on them daily. IP WORKS, but it can be tough. You have to commit 100% and you'll be amazed. So many success stories by amazing people that share their struggles.
I started April 20 and never looked back, only forward. When a craving hits, I go for a walk. It's not worth it to give in.
Make sure you follow the phase 1 plan. Don't forget your salt, oil and supplements. They're essential. You'll do great and feel great. Keep posting.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #165  
IP start April 20, 2015

Zu1976: Congratulations on your loss to date, and the great feeling you have. As for cheating, that's something I can't do. Historically, when I cheat, then I can't get right back on and end up gaining a lot.
Not beating yourself up and getting back on plan right away shows a lot of strength. The only tip I would mention is that cheating on IP will most likely knock your body out of ketosis and will set you back about 3 days provided you immediately go back to plan.
Keep going, you're doing great!
Closed Thread