Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinThin1 View Post
Hello Everyone. Hope you're enjoying your Friday wherever you are.
I just found this thread and decided to post. I have been on ideal protein since March 25. While my weight loss has been somewhat slower than I might like (15 pounds), I have been very disciplined about sticking to the program.
I am hoping to make some friends here to make this journey enjoyable. So far, it has been a very solitary experience. I do not know anyone personally that is on IP other than myself and the Dr. who started me on my way. He has used IP with great success, but including me, probably has less than 10 patients he coaches.
Other than monitoring my labwork and selling me the products, I've been on my own. Sure would love to learn along side others who are currently in Phase 1 or those who have reached their goal and are now in maintenance phase. So glad I found all of you!
Hi Thin - this can be a very solitary journey and it is better having some IRL accountability.
If you have a social media account (ie, FaceBook), search "Ideal Protein Support" - one of the groups was closing in on 30K "supporters" and there is a ton of information and support available, almost 24/7.
I love 3FC and the support I received at these boards on my journey in 2015, but over the last 6 months, the board has definitely slowed and conversations and threads ebb / flow.
The Facebook groups present their own challenges though and can be overwhelming - but personally, I want you to have all the tools you can at your disposal
Old 05-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Welcome ThinkinThin1 - There is a thread devoted to Ipeeps who started in 2016
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...r-new-you.html
Hopefully you'll find lots of company there to accompany you on your journey, and make some friends along the way.

Facebook is a great resource for information, as hysteria said. There is also a lot of information and recipes and such on this forum, it's well worth taking some time to read through some of the threads.

feel free to post in any of the threads, especially if you have any questions, there's usually someone who's 'been there, done that" and can help, advise, support...

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Just Hi! and Welcome!!

Liana
Old 05-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #454  
donna2theg

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

True to form! Just when I think I must be doing something wrong, a 3 pound loss. Trust the protocol!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 227/204/127

Height: 5'3"

Question Nervous Newbie

Hi All,

This is my first post although I have been reading many and I appreciate the support I see throughout the threads here. I just started IP for the first time 4 days ago on Thursday, May 12. A couple of years ago, I lost 60 lbs on WW and thought I had found the answer. It wasn't very restrictive, I could eat "normal" food with my family and even order on plan meals at many restaurants. After getting tired of having to be careful about everything I eat, counting points (failing to track) and still not getting to goal plus a few broken bones from separate accidents that gave me an excuse to not exercise, I put almost all the weight back on even though I had sworn to myself that would not happen. It is with some trepidation that I start IP. I admit that my first motivation for trying IP is the ability to lose the weight fast. I think the more success I see, the more I will be able to convince myself to stay on plan and get to target. So here is my question. I have weighed myself every morning. I lost 2lbs the first day and 2lbs the second day and none on the third and fourth days. Is this normal? I believe I am sticking strictly with the plan, so I had hoped to see the scale move downward with more consistency -- especially this first week. Some details: I've been squeezing one full lemon into my water each day -- too much? I'm also a busy mom with a full time job, so I find that I don't have time to cook for myself until late and I end up eating my dinner and evening snack really late -- like at 10 and even 11 pm. I'm using dinner recipes from lowfatlowcarb.com which includes fresh garlic, fresh ginger and soy sauce (in the recipes I've used so far). I'm not eating my extra/optional veggies bc I haven't had time. I did include too many cooked veggies (mushrooms) in my dinner one night because of a calculation error on my part. I would love advice.

I know that I shouldn't measure success exclusively by the scale, but I am, a little bit. Can't help it.

Thanks!

5'3"
S/227/C/?/G127
Old 05-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Hi Peach - welcome!

1. Step away from the scale
2. Step away from the scale
3. Step away from the scale

Weight loss is not linear. It is tempting to weigh everyday, but as you have already found out, this can lead to feelings of frustration and depression.

Also, with IP, preparation is KEY. Even in maintenance, I find I must carve out about 2 hours on the weekends to prep-prep-prep! That said, it saves me SO much time Monday - Friday and I rarely find myself having excuses to run out for lunch or dinner, unless it's planned. It is one of the biggest reasons I've maintained an 85 # loss since October 2015.

You have to decide what your daily eating schedule will be - IP has no time limit on when to get your foods in - just that you get them all in, along with your vitamins, oil allotment, and water. You do have the P1 protocol sheet, correct?

The recipe website is Chef Verati & should be fine
Old 05-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #457  

Thanks, Beth! Your achievements are truly remarkable -- especially the maintenance. Wow.

I don't want to step away from the scale! Oh, all right, I will. I'm worried that I will mess up accidentally. I do admit that I am not preparing enough -- I haven't slowed down long enough to think about preparing. I will do my best to carve out some time this week to research more recipes and plan meals -- not something I've done in a long time. At least I am finding the recipes on the website to be simple and quick. That's helped. The worst part for me has been trying to figure out when to do all this while taking my kids to back to back sports practices and games, especially now that so many games are being rescheduled because of all the crazy rain we've had.

Good luck on your upcoming races! I did the Zooma half in Annapolis and the .US National 12k in Alexandria two years ago. I hope to get back out there soon.

Peach
Old 05-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #458  

Default Hi

Day 6.

Some positives: I really like the food. I've enjoyed almost all the IP packets, especially the fruity drinks. The pudding and tomato basil soup not so much. I like all the variety in flavors. Oddly and uncharacteristically, I had the barbeque flavor chips for breakfast this morning and I liked them! The biggest positive (starting on Day 3): I'm in a better mood and I feel like I have a lot more energy. AND, I'm not hungry! That's a weird feeling. In fact, I don't really want to eat breakfast and I always eat breakfast. I have been eating all my required food, but I haven't been eating any of the unlimited veggies - no time and no inclination. I love all the dinner recipes I'm finding on lowfatlowcarb.com. Last night was Irish Stuffed Pepper and that felt like a major splurge!

Challenges: Mostly, not finding time to prepare adequately and therefore risking not having anything appropriate to eat when I'm out and get hungry. I'm working on that. Also, not being able to have wine at a big social event this past Saturday. I didn't really mind -- I had club soda with twist of lime, but I think over time, this will be a big challenge for me.

I had a dream last night that I was eating potato chips. Had a "whew" moment when I woke up.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

Peach
Old 05-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen1 View Post
I had a dream last night that I was eating potato chips. Had a "whew" moment when I woke up.
I never had food dreams until I started alt IP, then I think I would dream about eating cake every month or so lol.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #460  

Default Week #1 Done

Week #1 is in the books -- down 8.5lbs!

I really like my clinic. They do everything to get you in and out fast (if that's what you want) because the first 30 minutes of parking are free. They gave me a lot of sample freebies and had me try small bits of several things while I waited to be checked out. On to week #2 and more reading of the archives here at 3chicks.

Peach

Last edited by PeachyKeen1; 05-19-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #461  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Week #1 is in the books -- down 8.5lbs!

I really like my clinic. They do everything to get you in and out fast (if that's what you want) because the first 30 minutes of parking are free. They gave me a lot of sample freebies and had me try small bits of several things while I waited to be checked out. On to week #2 and more reading of the archives here at 3chicks.

Peach
Congrats on the 8.5!

Your clinic sounds so great, mine is more of a money collector with a scale. No atmosphere, no cheerleading, and NO samples.

Good luck on week 2!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #462  

Thanks! Good luck to you too.

One bad thing about my clinic is they charge me $25 per WI. However, the initial sign up was less expensive than I thought. Of course, they will get more $ out of me from the food and the WI. But, they volunteered to me that I could come in less than once a week if I was absolutely sure I would hold myself accountable. I plan to have a weekly WI for the first month and if I have no trouble, I may start making the WIs every two weeks or so. I have a good scale at home that should keep me accountable. Does your clinic charge for WI?

What I've noticed this week: my nails are stronger and they grew faster than normal. They look great.

What I want to work on this week: figuring out social situations like restaurants (especially when I'm with people I don't know very well) and brown bag lunches at work.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Peach
Old 05-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

NSV - well, I'm considering it a NSV - my husband finally agreed to keep his potato chips IN THE GARAGE! Of course, this was after a mini-meltdown on my part over the weekend, but still! It seems so silly, but it has really helped! They were just staring me in the face (I think they might have even been laughing at me?!?! ) every time I opened the cabinet! Even if it weren't a kind that I liked, I couldn't help but snick one. Or two. Or a bunch! I went to take the trash out yesterday and there was my husband in the garage, putting chips on his plate, and then putting the bag back on a shelf!

Keep on, keepin' on IP-ers!

ETA: Oh, I actually have a question, if anyone cares to chime in...my original goal was/is 140. Though my coach mentioned "liking to get people 5 pounds under" for breathing room/wiggle room. Seems valid? But then I hear that things can slow down at the end of the P1 journey? And that many seem to lose beyond P1? Has anyone else dealt with such a dilemma?

Last edited by Lynn Margaret; 05-24-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #464  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Thanks! Good luck to you too.

One bad thing about my clinic is they charge me $25 per WI. However, the initial sign up was less expensive than I thought. Of course, they will get more $ out of me from the food and the WI. But, they volunteered to me that I could come in less than once a week if I was absolutely sure I would hold myself accountable. I plan to have a weekly WI for the first month and if I have no trouble, I may start making the WIs every two weeks or so. I have a good scale at home that should keep me accountable. Does your clinic charge for WI?

What I've noticed this week: my nails are stronger and they grew faster than normal. They look great.

What I want to work on this week: figuring out social situations like restaurants (especially when I'm with people I don't know very well) and brown bag lunches at work.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Peach
Wow, $25 a week? That seems expensive. I paid $425 (I think) when I started and that included 10 days of food, the vitamins, and now I'm a client "forever" of their clinic no matter what phase I'm in (i.e. can weigh in even when at goal and not buying food, etc.). But honestly, if it was $25 a week, I used to drop more than that in takeout/liquor store/candy bar at CVS, etc. a week. I'd still be saving money with that fee.

I only have to buy my 21 foods a week plus my supplements now. So it runs about $100 a week depending on what foods I choose and then $100+/- a month in supplements.

I am in their office less than 10 minutes for my weigh in days and then when measurements are done, 15 minutes at the most.

As far as social situations, I have found that most people don't really care/notice what others are doing. It's almost easier when you don't know them well, I think. My friends would say "oh, it's just one night, have a drink/this food/this snack, etc." but in a work/less friendly atmosphere, no one knows your life/allergies/etc. I just play it cool and order on plan. As far as drinks, I get a club soda with a lime and no one looks twice.

Hope this is a great week for you!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #465  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
NSV - well, I'm considering it a NSV - my husband finally agreed to keep his potato chips IN THE GARAGE! Of course, this was after a mini-meltdown on my part over the weekend, but still! It seems so silly, but it has really helped! They were just staring me in the face (I think they might have even been laughing at me?!?! ) every time I opened the cabinet! Even if it weren't a kind that I liked, I couldn't help but snick one. Or two. Or a bunch! I went to take the trash out yesterday and there was my husband in the garage, putting chips on his plate, and then putting the bag back on a shelf!

Keep on, keepin' on IP-ers!

ETA: Oh, I actually have a question, if anyone cares to chime in...my original goal was/is 140. Though my coach mentioned "liking to get people 5 pounds under" for breathing room/wiggle room. Seems valid? But then I hear that things can slow down at the end of the P1 journey? And that many seem to lose beyond P1? Has anyone else dealt with such a dilemma?
I'm a chip-oholic! I totally understand!

Have you tried the bbq or salt and vinegar IP chips? They are an amazing substitute. I just had the S&V ones with my lettuce/turkey wraps for lunch and I giggled to myself that I love this diet! The chips are as close to real ones as we are going to find!

My coach's goal seems very low for me (she said 165 and I laughed). I was 170 about 2 years ago and I felt SKINNY then. She said to go for 165 because when I go to phase 4, my body will gain about 5lbs when my glucogen is restored (I think that's what she said). At this point, onederland is my fantasy so I'm taking it 10lbs at a time.
Closed Thread