Old 07-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Default Looking for daily nutritional goals for IP phase 1

I just started IP on Monday and I am tracking food and weight with myfitnesspal.com. I'd like to know if anyone knows what our daily goal is for calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium and sugar. I would love to plug these in so I can track them daily. I think I am already getting too many carbs from veggies.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Hi Tracy!

There's a group of IPers from 3FC over on MFP. Add me, Briael, and you will see quite a few familiar names from the forum on my friend list.

I use the following setup:-

Carbs, Fat, Protein, fiber, Sodium as the trackable macros.

Although the macros are never perfect, I work on 1000 calories, with 15% carbs, 35% fat and 50% protein. You could probably juggle the amounts to get them close to IP ideals if you have the time to play with percentages, but I've found these percentages work pretty well. I've always lost steadily keeping to them, although you may need to adjust if you are carb sensitive.

Hope this helps!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

I'm on day four and my carbs are averaging 80 per day. I seem to be losing weight.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 475/438/175

Height: 5'8"

When I was on IP previously I was told there was a "number" on the grams of sugar a day that if you went over would jeopardize your ketosis status. Does anybody know this number? I too would like to get MFP situated to the numbers.

You can add me: Nimmer1991 I use it everyday!
nimmer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:24 AM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimmer1991 View Post
When I was on IP previously I was told there was a "number" on the grams of sugar a day that if you went over would jeopardize your ketosis status. Does anybody know this number? I too would like to get MFP situated to the numbers.

You can add me: Nimmer1991 I use it everyday!
The amount of units of sugar will vary based on each person's personal threshold. I've been up to 100 on a regular basis without being knocked out of ketosis, but some people are out before 30 to 50. To find your exact number you would need to experiment and, even then, it may not be accurate unless you measure ketone levels in the blood, rather than a ketostix in the urine.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

In general IP phase 1 carbs range between 30-45 depending on packet, veggies and extras (sweetener, WF, condiments, 0/0/0), etc) choices made each day. It is pretty generally accepted that 50 carbs and less keeps most people in ketosis and works for the majority following IP.

Remember, IP number is based on NET carbs (carbs minus finer). MFP does NOT subtract fiber to give you net carbs so you will need to track those separately and subtract at the end of each day to see your net number.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote