Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #61  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCajun View Post
Me too! 3rd time also because I ate all the foods after with no phasing off or lifestyle change! This time is different! I'm glad to hear from ya'll because I'm not a first timer so I was looking for people who had the same struggle as me. Thanks for speaking up!
I am back again too! I reached my goal weight in 2011? and I wish I had known then what I know now. My IP coach told me that as long as I worked out and ate well that my metabolism would burn baby burn but unfortunately I am not built that way. I have learned a lot since then, but I have to admit that restarting has been a hard thing to truly commit to.

I joined the thread on food addiction and read up about stress eating. The strangest thing happened...I got BORED with stress eating. Then I felt depressed, as though I had lost a friend.

That's the other thing...when I reached my goal weight, I felt like I didn't know my own body. Hard to describe the feeling but I didn't know how foreign it would feel to no longer have my fat roll.

Now I have TWO fat rolls and I am 100% committed to IP on alternatives. Wish I could afford a coach but this forum seems like it is so supportive! We are all so brave to start again.
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
We are all so brave to start again.
Yes we are!!
muahahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #63  
Countdown To Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme1 View Post
Hi All, I'm starting over tomorrow for the umpteen time also but I know this works so it just takes commitment on my part which I am ready to do now. Hope this board stays active because this is where we get the accountability. Wont weigh in until next Monday. Lets keep going together.
Me too...Let's keep it going. I like hearing these stories. I made a list last night of all my trigger foods to help me keep my 20/20 hindsight intact. Also working on the list of foods I will be able to eat plus a list of restaurant items that are offered so I can commit to what I will order before I get there.

My latest mantras are: "If I am not losing, I am gaining" and "you have to plan for success". Do y'all have any mantras to share?
Old 08-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:

My latest mantras are: "If I am not losing, I am gaining" and "you have to plan for success". Do y'all have any mantras to share?
I don't have a mantra to date however I have been thinking back to how great I felt......healthier, more confident, and waaaay better clothing options....so I just keep thinking of that when I get hangry. I really like your mantras!!
muahahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Me too...Let's keep it going. I like hearing these stories. I made a list last night of all my trigger foods to help me keep my 20/20 hindsight intact. Also working on the list of foods I will be able to eat plus a list of restaurant items that are offered so I can commit to what I will order before I get there.

Along the planning lines:

If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

Not the most encouraging but most truthful I've seen in all my years of yo-yo dieting
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:47 AM   #66  

Hi All,

I am back after losing 50 and putting 30 back on and time to get it off on day 5 of restart, yesterday was shaky/nasueated on getting up think it was from no salt. Today better. Just want to feel better in by close I had gotten rid of all bigger sizes and refuse to buy new cloths as weight has gone up so have few things to well. Plus hate the way I feel. Feel better on ideal protein and it works if you stick to it. Hope you all have a good day and stay on plan, and plan to stay on plan.
ssdlturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #67  
Countdown To Amy

How is everyone doing this weekend? Time to go stock up on veggies and get ready for next week. I didn't think that restarting would feel so good but somehow having strict guidelines is easier that open season. IP feels like a food friend that I had forgotten...good to be back on track. Anyone feeling more motivated than ever? Hope so...feeling optimistic is a LOT better than beating ourselves up.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:24 PM   #68  

Quote:
How is everyone doing this weekend? Time to go stock up on veggies and get ready for next week. I didn't think that restarting would feel so good but somehow having strict guidelines is easier that open season. IP feels like a food friend that I had forgotten...good to be back on track. Anyone feeling more motivated than ever? Hope so...feeling optimistic is a LOT better than beating ourselves up.
amyniagara. I am more motivated then every? Hope you have a wonderful day. Feels good to be doing something for myself and my health.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by ssdlturtle; 08-31-2015 at 01:24 PM.
ssdlturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:52 PM   #69  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone....I'm back too. I lost a ton of weight in early 2013 using IP and was doing really really well until the last 8 to 10 months....and it's all 'creeped' back pretty much so here I am again. I just picked up enough product to get me through the next 3 weeks or so. I found a place nearby that let me come buy the food and not have to see a coach. I know what to do....just need to do it now.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #70  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Hey everyone....I'm back too. I lost a ton of weight in early 2013 using IP and was doing really really well until the last 8 to 10 months....and it's all 'creeped' back pretty much so here I am again. I just picked up enough product to get me through the next 3 weeks or so. I found a place nearby that let me come buy the food and not have to see a coach. I know what to do....just need to do it now.
Hi Cheekyskeeter welcome back and nice to see another Canadian
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #71  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everybody, I'm back too for round 3. I did IP about 18 months ago and lost a lot of weight, but then ended up with an unrelated health crisis and I dropped off the diet and gained much of the weight back. I had a pretty decent restart, but then my teenage daughter was in a terrible accident and the time and money and brain cells I'd been spending on myself had to be redirected. In the meantime, I've gained back everything and more. My daughter is still recovering from a traumatic brain injury, but she's doing much better and she and her three little brothers are all back to school after a long summer and... well... it's time for me to take care of me now. I've enjoyed reading through this thread and I'm glad to know I'm not alone. No coach for me this time around. I've got some leftover IP product and will supplement with alts. I'm in for reals this time, for the long haul.
IdealAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #72  

Welcome back IdealAnnie. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter but glad to hear she is recovering.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #73  

I am back again as well! I did IP back in 2012 and lost 50lbs, but never reached by goal weight. I decided to take a break from IP, didn't phase out to do so and never returned to the plan. I have gained 60 back since then.

I am on day three today and so far everything is going well. I notice I'm a little on the crabby side, but that's to be expected.

I know this round is going to be a struggle, I'm starting at a time where we typically do a lot of tailgating, which involves adult beverages and food that's not OP. ...but there's never a *good* time to start, right?
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #74  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Everyone,
I'm back too. In 2012 I lost 43 lbs on IP going 10 lbs below my goal. (I was one of the lucky ones that continued to lose through Phase 2, 3 and into Phase 4.) However, over the course of 2 years I've gained back 18 lbs which means I'm now 8 lbs over goal. Back here on Alternatives to lose 10 to 15 lbs.

So how did all that weight creep back on? I've concluded its portion sizes that are too large combined with adding back bread/cake/cookies/ice cream on a more frequent basis. I just can't control myself with those foods.

Good Luck to All! Keep posting too. You all are so inspiring.

Last edited by cbl70; 09-02-2015 at 04:02 PM.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #75  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

Yup, I'm back again, too. Somehow 22 pounds of the 82 pounds lost found me again. I'm ready to take them off and get back into the clothes that I love.

I, too, was very successful on IP. I reached goal in March 2013 and have kept most of it off, except for 10-15 pounds that I keep gaining and losing. I lost it last spring, gained it, lost it in the summer, then gained it back again. Ah, well.

I don't seem to have much control when I'm not OP. I'm good for a while and then I give in to my cravings.

Well, today is my first day back OP, with Alternatives. It's been a good day and I'm eager to get back into ketosis and lose the water-weight. I know I will. I like eating OP and always feel good when I'm on it.

Best wishes to you all!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote