3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP for fertility issues? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/305140-ip-fertility-issues.html)

Tarier 07-13-2015 01:23 PM

IP for fertility issues?

Is anyone else doing this plan to help with losing weight to try and get pregnant?

My husband and I have "unexplained" fertility issues. We did IVF in the fall and it was a chemical pregnancy, so it didn't stick. I got depressed and gained a lot of weight. Boo.

We have two embryos that are frozen and want to do a FET (frozen embryo transplant). My doctor wanted me to lose a minimum of 40 lbs (I gained 30 after the failed IVF) before doing the procedure, as it's a more difficult pregnancy the heavier you are when you have these issues. I am at 35 lbs loss right now and am very excited to hopefully getting the green light soon to start the procedure again.

FunkyMonkey 07-13-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarier (Post 5184269)
Is anyone else doing this plan to help with losing weight to try and get pregnant?

My husband and I have "unexplained" fertility issues. We did IVF in the fall and it was a chemical pregnancy, so it didn't stick. I got depressed and gained a lot of weight. Boo.

We have two embryos that are frozen and want to do a FET (frozen embryo transplant). My doctor wanted me to lose a minimum of 40 lbs (I gained 30 after the failed IVF) before doing the procedure, as it's a more difficult pregnancy the heavier you are when you have these issues. I am at 35 lbs loss right now and am very excited to hopefully getting the green light soon to start the procedure again.

How exciting Tarier! Your losses have been amazing - and to lose on a CRUISE is spectacular!! I"ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your husband!

asmuir 07-13-2015 01:39 PM

I got pregnant right after doing it IP the first time and didn't even get to finish the program....So anything can help I think! Keep up the great work!!

nimmer1991 07-13-2015 07:44 PM

Grand Scheme of Things

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarier (Post 5184269)

Hey Tara,

I'm in the same boat as you. I too has a chemical pregnancy and it wrecked me. I have two major motivation to get my act together, so to speak, is to have a healthy unlimited life and to have a family. I have an amazing fiance', but fertility has been difficult due to my weight.

I'm giving myself a year and half to lose the weight on IP and enjoy a new profoundly better quality of living. Then babies. I hope dropping the weight is the answer. I hope it is for you too!! Future-Baby buddies!

JLUS 07-13-2015 08:04 PM

IP is actually inown to increase natural fertility from all the hormone release. Lots of "IP babies" out there.

In fact, women are warned to use back-up birth control since the pill can be rendered ineffective while on IP and for several months after.

AliciaJ703 07-16-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5184394)
IP is actually inown to increase natural fertility from all the hormone release. Lots of "IP babies" out there.

In fact, women are warned to use back-up birth control since the pill can be rendered ineffective while on IP and for several months after.

JLUS my coach warned me about this on day 1. Wow!

Tarier 07-16-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey (Post 5184272)
How exciting Tarier! Your losses have been amazing - and to lose on a CRUISE is spectacular!! I"ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your husband!

Thank you so much! Next month we'll likely be doing the FET. I have lost 37 lbs and dr wants me to lose 5 more, which will definitely be doable by then.

Tarier 07-16-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmuir (Post 5184276)
I got pregnant right after doing it IP the first time and didn't even get to finish the program....So anything can help I think! Keep up the great work!!

That is AWESOME news! My coach says there are a number of IP babies out there because lots of estrogen releases from our fat prison as we lose. Hoping for an IP baby myself. :)

Tarier 07-16-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 5184385)
Hey Tara,

I'm in the same boat as you. I too has a chemical pregnancy and it wrecked me. I have two major motivation to get my act together, so to speak, is to have a healthy unlimited life and to have a family. I have an amazing fiance', but fertility has been difficult due to my weight.

I'm giving myself a year and half to lose the weight on IP and enjoy a new profoundly better quality of living. Then babies. I hope dropping the weight is the answer. I hope it is for you too!! Future-Baby buddies!

Oh, keep me posted on how you're doing. So nice to "meet" someone who has been in the exact same boat. I'm going to be 39 on Monday, so I feel like my time is running out, ha! Husband and I met when I was 33 and got married three weeks before my 34th birthday -- and he's 7 years older than me. Heck, some of my classmates are GRANDPARENTS by now and here I am trying to have my first one.

kpw30 07-16-2015 02:43 PM

IP baby

I began IP for the first time in the Fall of '13. My husband and I tried to conceive for 6 years, and had given up, and counted ourselves lucky to have one healthy son. I did not begin IP to aid in fertility, I was just looking to get healthy and lose weight but lo and behold, I got pregnant within one month of starting!

nimmer1991 07-20-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarier (Post 5185355)
Oh, keep me posted on how you're doing. So nice to "meet" someone who has been in the exact same boat. I'm going to be 39 on Monday, so I feel like my time is running out, ha! Husband and I met when I was 33 and got married three weeks before my 34th birthday -- and he's 7 years older than me. Heck, some of my classmates are GRANDPARENTS by now and here I am trying to have my first one.

I look forward to hearing about your progress!!!!!!! Healthy mama, healthy babies for the future!

Tarier 07-21-2015 01:38 PM

kpw30, that is awesome and gives me hope! We have two embryos left and I'm going to have them both transferred.

Nimmer1991, absolutely! I am so looking forward to my future family.

Tarier 08-19-2015 04:44 PM

Update: I have a go for my frozen embryo transplant. It is tentatively scheduled for September 23. I started the medicine protocol 3 days ago. Woohoo!

Tarier 09-04-2015 10:10 AM

An update!

My doctor gave me the go-ahead for the Frozen Embryo Transplant. I started shots in the butt last night (my poor husband!) and it is scheduled for September 23!!!!!!!

Briael 09-04-2015 01:47 PM

One of the advantages (or disadvantages, depending how you look at it) is that estrogen is released from fat cells as you lose weight on IP. This can all sorts of effects on your hormone levels - periods change, fertility may increase or decrease, menopausal issues can be highlighted.

If you are continuing IP while undergoing FET it may be in your best interests to have them monitor your blood hormone levels so they know how to handle any resulting pregnancy.

Very best of luck to you, Tara. :)