Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #31  

Welcome twoskoops - Big C on this board means constipation - it's an issue with some people with these types of protocols.

Hello Sharkie - back on the horse, no worries.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #32  

Ah, gotcha. I was suffering from that a little at first, but I started taking some Magnesium Citrate (plus morning coffee) which cleared all of that up for me. The first time I took too much of it, but now a small sip in the morning seems to keep things regular.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey iPeeps! I have a confession to make. For the last couple of weeks, I've been having lots of little cheats here and there. A bite of this, a bun with a lean burger, little bit of ranch for salad, etc. I was still losing, just slowly. Over 4th of July, I went off the wagon entirely. I had rice crispy treats, a cupcake, cheese cake, a burger, and lots of fruit. I did not drink any alcohol though (somehow I've convinced myself that's an absolute no-no, and actually stuck to it ). However, for the first time, I gained a 5.5 pounds at my weigh in. My home scale was less and only showed a one pound gain, but it was enough to convince me to put a stop to all the cheating.

I have been 100% OP for two whole days now, and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. It actually feels really good to be back on track, and the scale is already showing it. I just need to keep it up, and be more strict with myself. I was letting it slide because results were still showing. However, I don't want to be spending this much money forever, and I would only like to lose 15-20 more pounds, so I would like to go as fast as possible, and being on protocol is the way to do that.

Seems like I'm not the only one who has fallen off the wagon recently, and it's great to be able to come here and confess, and see that others have done it, and picked themselves back up as well!

Hope everyone continues to have a good week!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #34  

“Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down.”

James Patterson
Old 07-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 234/222/150

Height: 5'7

Default Newbie

Been on IP for almost four weeks, last weight in, was down 22 lbs of Fat up ten lbs of muscle. That part confuses me a bit. My weight in last week, I gained a lbs and followed the protocol. My Coach was allowing my friend and I to use the Meal Replacement shakes for lunch in Phase one, I am wondering if this had to do with it. She said it works with some people who have difficult jobs. I am a 911 Dispatcher and work a lot of hours, but I don't really trust the fact that she says this.

Last edited by Divinerider12; 07-09-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: wanted to make sure it worked
Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #36  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
“Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down.”

James Patterson
Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Shark!!! welcome back! You got this!

Love the quote Lisa - so true. No one is perfect, it's what we learn from our mistakes that matter

Last edited by hysteria_625; 07-10-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
When I switched clinics a few months ago, my coach recommended Biotin. I buy it at GNC, it's a 600 mg tablet and I take 2 a day.
That is the one I use...have not had an issues since I started that and i now have awsome nails LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wednesday Sabotage: I don’t want to get on the scale because I think I’ve gained weight.

Response: This is when it’s MOST important to get on the scale so I hold myself accountable. Not getting on the scale will prolong being off track; getting on it will help me start moving forward again. What I want in this moment is to be back on track and getting on the scale will enable that.

Think Thin Thursday

Are you sleeping enough? It’s important to remember that adequate sleep is critical for so many things, including keeping hunger and cravings under control. For weight loss AND for good health, sleep is just as important as healthy eating and exercise. Make it a priority!
Sleep is certiainly my issue...
Old 07-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #39  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

TCGIF everyone!

Woo Hoo! Made it to the 175 (albeit 175.6 ) and 40 lbs lost mark yesterday at weigh-in!!! Also had a repeat of the full body measurement and since starting I've lost a total of 44 inches! 7 just from my waist!

I'm feeling so good in clothes now, whether it's getting dressed up or throwing on jeans and a t shirt. Those days of being either stuffed into my clothes like a sausage casing or not-so-successfully camouflaged with tent-like big shirts are SO over! Only very recently has my weight loss been really noticed and positive comments made about the weight I've lost, and it is so motivating! Nothing breeds success like success!

Here's to a GREAT weekend for all!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #40  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

3sisters, I know exactly what you mean about the clothes thing. As I've gotten smaller I've purged my closet of my fat clothes. I can't believe how awful some of those shirts really were. Who the heck was I fooling? Not a single person for sure, except for maybe myself but not any more. So happy to be able to wear "normal" clothes that flatter! I want to show off my smaller body now! But not in a bikini...nope...that will probably never happen again. I use to say because of there being "too much me" but now it is because of excess skin. But whatev!! At least there aren't pounds of fat in that skin now!

Happy Friday! and have a great OP weekend!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #41  

TGIF everyone

Placebo effect?
Took my first 5000mcg biotin Wednesday night and I swear no where near the amount of hair came out during my shower last night

*crossing my fingers*

Another busy weekend ahead with an all-day festival tomorrow - thankfully, it is suppose to be low-mid 80's and partly cloudy - but as usual for the mid-Atlantic in the summer, humid.
I love my jean shorts, but they don't do well with port-o-potty's and muggy temps
Hubby still seems bummed we weren't able to turn this into the weekend we'd originally planned b/c of the f*#@!'d up situation at my job...he took today off 2 months ago I'm bummed too, but glad now we didn't finalize anything. Everything happens for a reason, right?
Also, I finally have a free Saturday next week!!! I know we don't have much planned for August either, but man am I ready for a *chill* weekend! Feels like I've been on-the-go since the middle of May without a chance to re-coop!

Frawnie / 3Sisters - completely purged my size 18+ (except 1 pair of jeans I <3 and may try to figure something out lol). I am a clothes hoarder and have mentioned before my closet has articles that are 20+ years old...smaller sizes that fit now!
I feel frumpy today though - pulled on a pair of jean capri's (new-ish) and an XL T-shirt (Friday is our only jean day & there is NO "bringing sexy back" at my office lol...& its too hot for regular jeans) I just feel ugh & fat today . Have I mentioned how much I LOATHE the way Gloria Vanderbilt fits on me! The scale this morning didn't help even though I know its water retention from the walking.
Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do

Last edited by hysteria_625; 07-10-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: clothing discussion
Old 07-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #42  

Height: 5'4

Hi all! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone's week is going! Lots of motivation and HONESTY in these posts. Fantastic! This community provides the BEST motivation.

My week has been pretty great. I was down 2 lbs at my WI on Wednesday so that was a nice mid week charge. I have a tougher time on weekends because I get out of my work week routines but the shopping and meal planning for the next few days is done. That will help.

Good luck to everyone and stay the course!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #43  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do
I would totally keep them for the memories! If you're willing to shell out the cash, you could have them tailored, or you could do it yourself! I definitely wouldn't wear them too big- that'll just make you feel frumpy and you should be feeling sleek!

You can google how to make a t shirt smaller. I found this off the bat:
http://domestically-made.com/2013/05...shirt-smaller/

Wearing a super cute outfit today!

Once I make my goal, I plan to switch all my belly-hiding work dresses out for button up shirts and pencil skirts. I bought a pencil skirt last year that was too big in the thighs, and a shirt a few months ago that was a bit small. Today they are looking amazing on me! Other than the waist, which is too small- I'll have this skirt tailored once I'm 100% at goal.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Beth - for your t-shirts, how about making a quilt or wall hanging out of them?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
I would totally keep them for the memories! If you're willing to shell out the cash, you could have them tailored, or you could do it yourself! I definitely wouldn't wear them too big- that'll just make you feel frumpy and you should be feeling sleek!

You can google how to make a t shirt smaller. I found this off the bat:
http://domestically-made.com/2013/05...shirt-smaller/

Wearing a super cute outfit today!

Once I make my goal, I plan to switch all my belly-hiding work dresses out for button up shirts and pencil skirts. I bought a pencil skirt last year that was too big in the thighs, and a shirt a few months ago that was a bit small. Today they are looking amazing on me! Other than the waist, which is too small- I'll have this skirt tailored once I'm 100% at goal.
Oooo that sounds awesome! I haven't worn skirts since middle school! I am hoping / praying I get this interview and am able to go and buy a flattering skirt/suit to wear

& thanks but LOL on the fixing of the T-shirts...I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've sewn There are only 2 I would really consider spending the $ & taking-in & if I do, I will take them to a seamstress / laundromat...times like these I really miss my mom - she was an awesome seamstress
Closed Thread