3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Maintainers Vol.19

Old 07-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #1

Default Maintainers Vol.19

Here is the new thread!

link to Vol. 18.
Maintainers Vol. 18

Last edited by Rpulliam : 07-02-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Rpulliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
This time I mean it.

S/C/G: 212/155/160

Height: 5'7"

Fresh new thread for me to say - MAINTENANCE, baby! I started February 14 at 2015. My weight today was 154.7 (five pounds below my goal weight). Thank you all (especially Amber and Liane and all the ladies over at the 50+ group) for all your encouragement and guidance.

I can't believe I'm here.

YAY!

(The first 10# were on my own and took 5 whole months!)

Last edited by marcibeaucoup : 07-02-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: OCD.
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #3

S/C/G: 237/155/155

Height: 57" - 47 years old - Started IP P1 3/26/14, P2/P3 2/25/14, Maintenance/P4 3/18/15

Rpulliam welcome! Just joining and then jumping in and starting a thread for us .... I was really touched by that somehow, thank you much. Congrats on all your hard work.

Marci wow - "posts all the dancy emoticons and big pictures of animals dancing".... fantastic. Can't wait to hear all you discover in these next months.

I'm doing well, looking forward to a needed 3 day weekend. I'm generally someone that really loves just having a quiet home day on holidays, but this weekend went a different way, and I find myself going to one of the biggest annual mountain parties in town with a bunch of friends, and honestly I'm ready for a bit of a good time. Already planning my 2nd glass of wine in two years... watch out front range, lightweight about to arrive... lol

Last edited by Grateful4Health : 07-02-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
This time I mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Rpulliam welcome! Just joining and then jumping in and starting a thread for us .... I was really touched by that somehow, thank you much. Congrats on all your hard work.

Marci wow - "posts all the dancy icons and big pictures of animals dancing".... fantastic. Can't wait to hear all you discover in these next months.

I'm doing well, looking forward to a needed 3 day weekend. I'm generally someone that really loves just having a quiet home day on holidays, but this weekend went a different way, and I find myself going to one of the biggest annual mountain parties in town with a bunch of friends, and honestly I'm ready for a bit of a good time. Already planning my 2nd glass of wine in two years... watch out front range, lightweight about to arrive... lol
Yeah! Good for you -- you deserve some fun.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #5

S/C/G: 132/118.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Liana-
I just did this huge post about my macros. Then I hit post and it said "Sorry, this thread is closed!" Ug. I am trying to figure out my macros. I have just been doing a phase 3 diet and keeping my carbs and fats separate at lunch and dinner.
Bootros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Hooray a new thread!

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. And congratulations Marci on surpassing your goal! What an accomplishment!

Have been holding steady through my first two weeks back on maintenence. Highest I've peaked is 175, which was after I ate a stir fry with soy sauce, so I think the salt got me. With water and a low-ish carb day I get back down to 173. I'm tracking everything, staying right around 1600 calories, keeping my macros at 30% protein, 20% carbs, 40% fat in line with the recommendations for an endomorphic body type (naturally broad, packs in fat around the abdomen).
This article was really helpful to me in understanding how to set my macros: http://www.ftsnutrition.com/macro-ratios/#.VZWch_lViko

Seems to be working so far! Still need to figure out how to get the exercise in.

Happy belated Canada Day to our Canadian folks, and happy 4th to the US! Anyone planning some good food for the holiday? I'm making a blueberry pie and some homemade ice cream (keeping my portion to just a taste...12 egg yolks this recipe calls for! yikes!).

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM   #7
This time I mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hooray a new thread!

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. And congratulations Marci on surpassing your goal! What an accomplishment!

Have been holding steady through my first two weeks back on maintenence. Highest I've peaked is 175, which was after I ate a stir fry with soy sauce, so I think the salt got me. With water and a low-ish carb day I get back down to 173. I'm tracking everything, staying right around 1600 calories, keeping my macros at 30% protein, 20% carbs, 40% fat in line with the recommendations for an endomorphic body type (naturally broad, packs in fat around the abdomen).
This article was really helpful to me in understanding how to set my macros: http://www.ftsnutrition.com/macro-ratios/#.VZWch_lViko

Seems to be working so far! Still need to figure out how to get the exercise in.

Happy belated Canada Day to our Canadian folks, and happy 4th to the US! Anyone planning some good food for the holiday? I'm making a blueberry pie and some homemade ice cream (keeping my portion to just a taste...12 egg yolks this recipe calls for! yikes!).

Have a great weekend everyone.
Thank you Amber and PishPosh! (May I call you PishPosh?)

Thank you so much for the macros! My coach knows this program really well but still couldn't give me macros to plug into MyFitnessPal. That link is golden. Thank you!

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #8

S/C/G: 282/157/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks for starting the new thread

Marci- way to go surpassing your goal and arriving at maintainence. You have done a great job going thru the phases. How are you feeling?

Pish - I'm going to check out the link you posted. Sounds like you found the right balance of food and calories for you. You seem more calm and confident in your post but I could be ready too much into it. Your dessert making abilities has my mouth watering

Amber - how were the 4th of July celebrations? I hope you gphas a good time celebrating with friends.

Happy 4th of July to all you American IPers. Hope the long weekend was a good one.

I had a nice active weekend, an hour bike ride friday night followed by a 3km run while kids rode their bikes. It was my first bike/run training, I see why they call it Brick training cuz your legs are heavy. Ran 14km Saturday and they today did a lake swim and 25km ride which was beautiful. Got out to a zoo with the kids and a splash pad today with them....is it bed time yet?? Feel more in control of my eating, not letting my eating control me is hard work.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.