Old 11-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #271  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Sun - Happy Belated Birthday! And, weight stabilization is the best gift of all!
I'll store the max of 100g of carb per day for when I get there. Are you basing this on Total or Net?
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Birthday Sunflower and sounds like you had a great birthday dinner

Rrrr working to get 6 up lbs off, the weekend caught up with my scale on Wednesday and it is TOM this weekend. Oh well, back to P1 I go
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Thanks guys. I had a fabulous birthday weekend. Hubby gave me Celine Dion tickets for Vegas next May. Can't wait to see her.

Ro22 that will be Net carbs, I always minus the fibre. Most days I'm under 100 some days slightly above. I find that if I don't have enough carbs before working out I feel awful. I learnt that the hard way Saturday. I had my usual IP protein shake and then my Trainer showed up and kick the you know what out of me....I was light headed and wonky all afternoon.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #274  

Hi ladies,

Where is everyone? I know I haven't been here but will check in more this week. Scale bouncing around cuz I'm being inconsistent in plan which results in stomach bouncing. I planned my food for today and will plan each meal and cut out mindless and impulsive eating!

Imagine all the US folks are busy with pre Thanksgiving plans, my DH is happy to have 2 days off this week.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi all!
I am still plugging along on my reboot. Getting closer and closer to the 140's, which I am very excited about! I am hoping by my weigh in just before Thanksgiving (not planning to weigh in after... )

Otherwise, things are status quo. I have been doing a lot of experimenting with the Quest powders and have found some things that I just love. I also bought Janeva's P1 cookbook, and there are some SUPER recipes in there. The main dish and vegetable recipes will likely carry over to maintenance for me. Lots of great ideas on how to make prepare meat and veggies. The desserts are great too and will be good for maintenance as well since real desserts will be for special occasions.

Hope you are all doing well!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #276  

HI guys
I'm doing well myself, discovering muscles I never knew I had lol. I am still working out 5 times a week, twice with my trainer and loving every minute of it. Feeling much more energetic now since I have more calories in me but still trying to keep them between 1300-1400 and carbs under 100. I have a 3 week Vacation to the Caribbean coming up Dec 11 which I'm sort of dreading since there will be lots of eating/drinking involved. I'm hoping my metabolism has sorted itself out and that I won't gain as much. I'm taking my exercise shoes and clothes with me so I can at least get some walking in.

Jennydoodle you're doing so well with your reboot. Congratulations! I think once January rolls around I might go back to IP and try and get to goal, or around 120-125. I haven't weighed myself in almost 2 weeks and I actually am really liking it. Its motivating me to continue with the exercise and to not to feel guilty about eating carbs again. My clothes fit the same and my inches are the same so I'm happy about that.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #277  

JennyD - sounds like you are doing really well staying the course

Sunflower - great work on all your exercise. Your 3 week holiday sounds fun but I can appreciate the food anxiety. I leave dec 3 for 5 days in Jamaica to run 1/2 marathon with my running friends. I'm going to stick to fish, lean meats and hopefully steamed veggie if they have it. The group is pretty active and I'm pretty sure we'll hit the gym at the resort. I'm afraid I'll come home exhausted
Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #278  

I love Jamaica, the food there is awesome!
I'm not going to an AI thankfully but will still be surrounded by food since it's my home that I'm going too and all they do is eat and drink lol. I am hoping walking will help, but I'm not banking on it. I will still have to watch my calorie intake while there sigh....this time of the year is difficult too.

Jenny38 how much weight did you gain when you phased off IP? and was this while working out?

I decided to weigh this morning and I'm up 2.4 lbs in the last 2 weeks!! Although my inches are the same it's very discouraging. Why would a person GAIN weight while working out and eating 1300-1400 calories a day??
Old 11-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post

I decided to weigh this morning and I'm up 2.4 lbs in the last 2 weeks!! Although my inches are the same it's very discouraging. Why would a person GAIN weight while working out and eating 1300-1400 calories a day??
Muscle (?)

As I am getting ready to enter maintenance this Sunday, I believe keeping track of my overall body composition, including bf% and muscle will be important. Although not 100% accurate, I have access to a biometric scale at my gym and over the last 3 weeks of phasing off, I've maintained right around 145, but my bf% has dropped from 32.8% at the tail end of P1 to 28.8% (as of Monday) and skeletal muscle went up from 29.5 to 31.4.

As much as I would love to be in the 130's / have a buffer, I've decided to focus on getting my bf% down below 25%, regardless of weight
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #280  

I unfortunately don't have access to a biometric scale so I rely on my tape measure and how my clothes feel. They are feeling snug today, not sure if its' in my head or not. I workout tomorrow morning with my trainer and she had taken my measurements 4 weeks ago when I first started with her, so I will get her to take them again tomorrow to see where I am at.

Not sure if it's muslce, but if I did gain muscle wouldn't my inches have gone down? Now I'm not sure what to do, should I be eating less or more? should I be eating less than 100 carbs? It's all a guessing game. I'm not eating junk food either, I eat really really clean. I was hoping to get to 130 while working out, but the scale is going the opposite direction.

Hysteria how often are you planning on working out? Do you have a trainer as well?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #281  

Morning folks
I spoke with my trainer and she is not worried at all about the 2 lb gain. She said my body is looking smaller and that's all that matters, she reiterated that muscle weighs more than fat. Onto another week!!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #282  

Hi maintainers
Not leaving my original group over in the 2015 starters, but figure I can dive in over here now too
P4 started yesterday - and I can honestly say I got a much bigger thrill out of my first P3 breakfast than the added fat at lunch / carb at dinner

P4 start weight = 145.8

Quote:
Hysteria how often are you planning on working out? Do you have a trainer as well?
Sun - there are more details over on the 2015 thread, but basically, DH & I have decided to train for a 13.1 in March.
I ran a 5K a week ago & with only 3 weeks of training, placed 3rd in my age group / 18th overall (out of 100+ ladies) and just got the running bug.
Right now, as I settle into maintenance, I am still weighing every day and watching the flux. Highest weight I've seen was 148, after 2 meals with cabbage , but I've generally been seeing 145.x - 146.x
I am also paying close attention to clothes fit / body shape. Since I started running 3 x's a week, I'm seeing a very noticeable change in my lower belly / upper hips - definition is forming! Belly fat is decreasing & the lose skin is starting to firm up in the arms & thighs too.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #283  

Ugh - so I was right about feeling on scale flux. The scale has been creeping up a pound a day since Monday and I am all of 3 days into P4 without much change to my diet - basically P3 + 1/2 an avocado at lunch. I had 1/2 a small sweet potato Sunday night but really am not planning to have carbs with every evening meal. I love my veggies now and wasn't a big carb eater before IP (although I sure did DRINK carbs - craft beer!)

Went back and reread all your wonderful responses though and am feeling better.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all, & especially a "you go, mon!" to Jenny38 on her Jamaica run!! Hangin' in there myself - a few up pounds but coming back down again after a few days of smartening up. Tightest jeans aren't fitting right now, but they are the very unforgiving non-stretch 2's and my thighs are feeling strangled by them with a bit of muffin-top (need to drop the 7 lbs to fit them again). Congrats to the new maintainers!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:29 AM   #285  

Just wanted to say a quick hi - as I predicted in the beginning of November, it was a craaaazy month and I wasn’t online hardly at all - was only able to check in and read posts once or twice I think -
I moved AGAIN but I think I’m in my right place - changed jobs, all for the better. Moved closer to the new guy. I think I wrote about all this a few months ago but yesterday I actually moved.

My body is sooooooo tired…. luckily have the next few weeks to recharge and bounce back. I am going to do a planned little reboot of P1 in the beginning of January - much needed so glad I already had it planned. I am doing fine but still have my same “up” lbs and water retention from hormones the last few weeks has been a nightmare, to be honest. Lots of changes to my hormones from my doctor trying to correct it, I think we’re finally close again now. Booooooo to that. Liana I thought of you so much because there were more than one day of “omg I am flipping starving”.

Hello to everyone and I look forward to getting a little more back to routine in January. These next two weeks I am still working two jobs during the transition, and then going on vacation the last two weeks of December.
Talk to you all soon I hope

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 12-07-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote