Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Sue - sounds like some good work over the weekend, and yay for the shopping NSV!!!

Rayze - I only used Mio also, and not very often. If I want to flavor my water, I either make cucumber water, or use lemon/lime. GREAT job on your WI, have a fun trip!!

Got back on track over the weekend, the scale is showing me up about 2.5 from my lowest weight (ever!) from last Sunday. Not sure how that will look at the clinic on Wednesday, should show a loss from the up-pounds from 2 weeks ago? Then I should have one more week of P3 to go.

Have a great Monday y'all! I'm trying to unbury my desk from being gone a week!

Last edited by JJTx; 07-27-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Quinoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

Question for the experts - I saw quinoa as an option on our P3 breakfast threads - is that really ok for P3 or better saved for maintenance?
Quinoa is great for breakfast as it is a starch carb with protein as a bonus not just like toast or cereal in general. It's also quite filling like oatmeal is. And I love the texture. I have a recipe from my clinic for GF quinoa pancakes Phase 3 & 4 that's really good:
Quinoa Pancakes
Ingredients
3/4 c cooked quinoa
1/4 tsp gf baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Directions
Heat a large lightly greased skillet or griddle over med heat.
combine all ingred in a med bowl and pour batter onto skillet, forming 4 pancakes. Cook slowly for 3-5 minutes on the first side, until pancakes are set. Flip & cook for another 1 or 2 minutes. Serve with WF maple syrup, nut butter & or fresh fruit.

Liana
Old 07-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I like Nesfrutta drops instead of Mio. They state that they are made from real fruit although they are 0/0/0 in moderate amounts. They taste better to me too.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #154  

Thanks Liana! I used to make a breakfast quinoa where you cook it in milk instead of water, and add yogurt and dried fruit (I think?) and other things like cinnamon. Was thinking about making it again, without the dried fruit of course.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Sue - nice shopping! What a thrill!

Weighed in today, 210.5...down 7.3. I'll take it! Getting ready to fly out today, packed some veggies and packets and checked out All the menus where I am staying. I should be good. I'm also traveling with very supportive people, which helps!

Have a great day everyone!
Good Job! You will do fine traveling. I have done it many times. I usually do a meat protine at lunch and skip that packet. Snack and dinner as usual. The worst for me is breakfast because we always go out for breakfast and I sit there and sip coffee...

Quote:
Sue - sounds like some good work over the weekend, and yay for the shopping NSV!!!

Rayze - I only used Mio also, and not very often. If I want to flavor my water, I either make cucumber water, or use lemon/lime. GREAT job on your WI, have a fun trip!!

Got back on track over the weekend, the scale is showing me up about 2.5 from my lowest weight (ever!) from last Sunday. Not sure how that will look at the clinic on Wednesday, should show a loss from the up-pounds from 2 weeks ago? Then I should have one more week of P3 to go.

Have a great Monday y'all! I'm trying to unbury my desk from being gone a week!
Never thought of cucumber water....gonna have to give that at shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I like Nesfrutta drops instead of Mio. They state that they are made from real fruit although they are 0/0/0 in moderate amounts. They taste better to me too.
Never heard of Nesfrutta drops....

WI today and the meds I am on still have me up. Ugh!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

I use the peels when I do veggie prep - gives you the cucumber-y goodness without "wasting" the slices!

Sorry about your up-pounds but at least you know why.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
I use the peels when I do veggie prep - gives you the cucumber-y goodness without "wasting" the slices!

JJ - I could look it up but just curious how that works - do you put the peels in a pitcher / let sit / strain? Or just add the peels to a glass a water? I've seen sliced cucumber in water containers at 'fancy' work events and truthfully my co-workers and I didn't taste anything.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
JJ - I could look it up but just curious how that works - do you put the peels in a pitcher / let sit / strain? Or just add the peels to a glass a water? I've seen sliced cucumber in water containers at 'fancy' work events and truthfully my co-workers and I didn't taste anything.
I throw the peels in a large water bottle or pitcher, sometimes with lemon/lime or mint when I have some, and put it in the fridge for several hours - usually overnight. I've also found that I can reuse it. So for example, I cut up cukes on Sunday afternoon, threw the peels in a pitcher - made a water bottle for work yesterday morning, and refilled it for this morning's water bottle.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Quote:

I don't peel my cukes in the summer (only when I have to buy at the grocery b/c they have that nasty wax on them). I just slice up some cukes and throw them in a pitcher of water.
The next day, the "used" cukes go in my tropical fruit punch smoothie (cukes, a fruity-flavored protein powder & ice in my Vitamix). I love it when I can use things and not waste them!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #160  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Hi IPeeps! So far so good on my trip. Almost totally OP except for a bit of cheese sprinkled on a premade salad. I'm at a big work kickoff and am avoiding the post-dinner drinking shenanigans. I do feel a bit antisocial, but I need to do what is right for me.

I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the cucumber water tips.... I dont ever peel my cucumber so I sliced some off yesterday and threw it in...should have come back and read about the overnight thing because I didn't taste any difference LOL... Did treat myself to a Ice Tea (fresh Brewed) yesterday instead LOL it was hot outside.

Rayze - sounds like your doing fine. I had ceaser salad on one of my trips because it was the only salad available...i picked thru the croutons and extra large pieces of cheese and just ate it...I did not find it hurt me too bad. I didnt know what the next course would be if there were veggies available so I ate the salad...

Lost 2 of the 3 I gained the week before...but my inches were up even more than last week..so something is still bloating me. Finished the last of the new antibiotic yesterday so hopeful.y this swelling will go down and I will have a good week next week.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies! I am sooo sorry for being absentee lately. I have been reading up on all you fabulous peeps but just no energy to post. So good to see Ro and Rayze!! Welcome back.

Work has been crazy hectic and I had a passport issue that I’ve been dealing with for weeks. I am so wound up and stressed out. Leaving for a week vacation tomorrow and just received my renewed passport YESTERDAY! I was in a panic! This morning, instead of feeling happy, I really feel like just having a mini breakdown. You know when my mom was dying I dreamed of taking a relaxing vacation this summer. Veg on a beach and just lay there…I truly believe things happen for a reason but this passport issue is really beyond me. Maybe when my feet actually hit the beach I will have a good cry. Just glad to be done dealing with the Dept of State. Had to get one of my Senators involved…it was a mess. All over a photo taken at Walgrens (DH got his photo taken at the exact same time as me and received his passport well over a month ago).

Maintenance is going okay. I am hovering around 155 which I don’t like but at this point, I am going to go on vacation, have a good time, and get back on P1 when I get home to lose the vacation weight and probably try and get down to 140-145. If I could stay under 150 in maintenance I would be very happy.

My plan is to work out 5 of my 7 vacation days. Been working out with a trainer at my gym twice a week and starting to see some changes in my body that are pretty exciting. In addition to some (barely at this point) defined muscles in my legs and arms, I FEEL good and I feel like I am standing straighter. My trainer talks to me about how much diet affects WL & maintenance (vs working out) and I feel like I am more focused on the quality of food going into my body more than ever. Honestly, not sure it is necessarily a good thing….having trouble enjoying what I eat. It’s never healthy enough, I could always be improving something.

Went to dinner last night and the restaurant was out of its only IP friendly entree…grrr. I honestly debated ordering nothing and sitting and watching my family and friends eat. Instead I ordered the best second option and then stewed about how it was “messing up” my day. As usual, I am overthinking everything.

This girl is needing a vacation in the worst way. See you ladies next Friday. Hope to be in a better frame of mind by then! xoxo
Old 07-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #163  

Lisa - thanks for sharing another great suggestion!
In my case, I'm not sure my little Oster would pulverize the cukes enough... I peel our cucumbers in stripes, since my kiddo won't eat them with all the peel on.

Rayze - GREAT JOB sticking to plan so far, I get the anti-social feeling but you could always have a club soda with lime and enjoy feeling good and looking good!

Sue - sorry for another odd week, stick to the plan and I bet you will see a drop next week - stupid medicine!

CenTxChk - sorry you're feeling off!
Enjoy your vacation, I'm counting down for our beach trip in a couple of weeks - although we're not going anywhere that requires a passport!

Nosy question - where did you find an IP friendly dish/restaurant?

WI this morning, after missing last week and being way up 2 weeks ago (thank you, TOM). I lost almost a pound, and my body fat % is down, so my trip didn't throw me off at all! whew!! She looked over my journal and said my breakfasts look ok, just to watch the overall carb count. But I had things logged into MFP so she was able to look at the stats on a couple of things and I got a green light. One more week of P3 and I should "graduate" next Wednesday!

Made a batch of breakfast quinoa last night, and mixed with greek yogurt - yum!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

HI JJTx! I ate at La Madeleine. They have two Smart Choice entrees listed online. Both are chicken dishes and they were OUT of chicken. Can you believe it?!?

Should have probably ordered the salmon but I'd just had it the night before so I got a beef dish. Saw it on the scale this morning...

WTG on rocking your trip! Glad your weight is down after TOM.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:28 PM   #165  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

It's great reading how well everyone is doing! Keep it up.

For me, I feel like I have lost a bit of my edge. Not sure if it's diet fatigue or a bit of the Summer doldrums, but just cheating a tiny bit more of late (like an extra pack or two or three or four of the Cheddar Crisps). The good news is I haven't backtracked any, but I do feel a bit stuck. I am going to try to get more on the straight and narrow today and punch through this latest resistance level. I was hoping to be around 206 today (based on my long term regression line) and instead I am around 209.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-29-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread