Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #166  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Still, I shouldn't be complaining -- I have come a long way. It's interesting how my measurements chart has leveled off quite a bit on Bust and Hips. I think I can see that I have lost about all I am going to lose in those two spots. Now the last 19 pounds is all on my waistline. I am getting a good feeling on where my measurements might end up when (if) I hit 190 pounds ... 42-35-41 ... which is a good proportion for me given my height.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-31-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #167  
Serial Dieter

By the way, has anyone else gone through a slight depression when the rapid weight loss stops? It's interesting how excited I was about seeing big scale losses and being so goal focused -- it's not nearly as exciting or satisfying just to maintain one's weight and move sideways.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-30-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:09 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Alexandra - That is exactly what I am in now and I need to snap out of it and get it done! Feel like a year on plan is a long time...I find myself craving stuff I never did before...Just need to get these last 10lbs off and they seem to be the hardest...Of course the stress of my life does not help...

Centex- good to see you have a good vacation!

Sorry gotta run...heading up to the University of Hartford for a college visit with the kid!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I wouldn't call it depression, but it's definitely harder to stay motivated when the losses slow down.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Alexandra - That is exactly what I am in now and I need to snap out of it and get it done! Feel like a year on plan is a long time...I find myself craving stuff I never did before...Just need to get these last 10lbs off and they seem to be the hardest...Of course the stress of my life does not help...
That happened to me after dropping 85 or 90 in 10 months.
A year IS a long time.
In addition, I had developed thyroid problems and had a hard time finding a doc who would address them.

I watched some other folks stick thru it. Some of them plateaued for 6-8 weeks before they saw another loss (ugh!). I just didn't have it in me. So I cycled off (p2,3,4) and then back on to p1. I dropped more but didn't get to goal. At the time I had 10 or 15 to go. Sometimes I think my goal of losing 110 lbs was too lofty for my obesity history.

After a couple of years, I'm up a size. I'm back on p1 to get off the extra weight. At the time, it sure didn't help that MORE than one person commented that I should just lose the 5 more lbs. to get to an even 100. I was beyond annoyed b/c I was in a frustrating plateau.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-30-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #171  
Serial Dieter

Interesting comments. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Yes, I think you are right ... depression was too strong of a word ... more like lack of excitement.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #172  

Avalon, for sure for me once I got near maintenance, and then starting it, the challenge became more of an emotional/mental one than a physical one. Though the physical was still there.

I think it takes the body some time to rebalance the hormones and also rebalance the digestive enzymes, etc.

And yes also I think with any big goal there is kind of a let down. I have heard Olympic champions and Oscar winners and the like talk about this. The goal gives you something to shoot for where "when I meet this goal I will feel good" and that may or may not happen. For me, I needed to have other goals, as that helps me. So I started more exercise goals. It helps keep me on track.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 AM   #173  
Serial Dieter

Amber, I never thought about the re balancing of hormones and digestive enzymes aspect -- but I bet you are 100% right. I know that it's hard on the body to lose a lot of weight so there are some very positive health aspects to ending that rapid weight loss period. So even though it's not exciting -- I know that it's healthier just to be moving sideways (or just losing very very slowly).

So we roll over to August in 20 hours -- July really flew by. I am staying the heck away from starting new threads after all the angst surrounding the July thread -- I will let other braver souls do that work from here on out!

Keep up the good fight everybody!!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-31-2015 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:34 AM   #174  

Alexandra the digestive enzymes was something I noticed the most - I think my body needed time to recognize the new foods and “repopulate” the flora in the colon with the right stuff…. everytime I introduced something new there was a little bloating/inflammation/water retention. So I took it step by step. It took about two months for the BMs to regulate back to what I would call “normal”. I found some really good probiotics that seemed to help a lot. Until then there was still constipation.

Also I think it took some time for my hormones to regulate - I personally already have hormone troubles so I am still working to get everything right in that area - thyroid, progesterone, etc.

And…. I am 100 times better than before I lost the weight.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:23 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That happened to me after dropping 85 or 90 in 10 months.
A year IS a long time.
In addition, I had developed thyroid problems and had a hard time finding a doc who would address them.

I watched some other folks stick thru it. Some of them plateaued for 6-8 weeks before they saw another loss (ugh!). I just didn't have it in me. So I cycled off (p2,3,4) and then back on to p1. I dropped more but didn't get to goal. At the time I had 10 or 15 to go. Sometimes I think my goal of losing 110 lbs was too lofty for my obesity history.

After a couple of years, I'm up a size. I'm back on p1 to get off the extra weight. At the time, it sure didn't help that MORE than one person commented that I should just lose the 5 more lbs. to get to an even 100. I was beyond annoyed b/c I was in a frustrating plateau.
See Lisa I think that is my problem..I want to see that 100 down and maybe my body is saying no.... Or maybe I am self sabatoging?? Ugh! Why was I not born thin LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Interesting comments. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Yes, I think you are right ... depression was too strong of a word ... more like lack of excitement.
Lack of excitement...and wanting so much to be done and eat healty but normal....not having to remember to pack packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Avalon, for sure for me once I got near maintenance, and then starting it, the challenge became more of an emotional/mental one than a physical one. Though the physical was still there.

I think it takes the body some time to rebalance the hormones and also rebalance the digestive enzymes, etc.

And yes also I think with any big goal there is kind of a let down. I have heard Olympic champions and Oscar winners and the like talk about this. The goal gives you something to shoot for where "when I meet this goal I will feel good" and that may or may not happen. For me, I needed to have other goals, as that helps me. So I started more exercise goals. It helps keep me on track.
Hmmm exercise is a bad word LOL..but maybe it is time to take the plunge...

DS like University of Hartford yesterday as well as UCONN. We spent 5 hours sitting in traffic trying to get home...that was not fun....I was starving. All I had for lunch was a salad with very little veggie or chicken on it. I did have some muffins with be (choc chip my new IP fav) but I ate them in the car on the way there since we left so early I had no breakfast.... Ugh..
Old 07-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #176  

Quote:

So we roll over to August in 20 hours -- July really flew by. I am staying the heck away from starting new threads after all the angst surrounding the July thread -- I will let other braver souls do that work from here on out!
Since this tread is no where near the 500 necessary to start a new thread, a re-naming will do. If we just remove the July reference, it can continue...
Old 07-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #177  

Quote:

Keep up the good fight everybody!!
While I am not remotely as creative as Alexandra, I will make the attempt, since I put my foot in my mouth for this month!

Here's a little something to get us in the mood. Stay tuned for an edit to the new thread!

Last edited by JJTx; 07-31-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #178  

Double post, but here's the link to the new thread for August:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...st-2015-a.html

Last edited by JJTx; 07-31-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Closed Thread