Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

I am not a huge horoscope kind of person, but I had a horrible case of the nasties today (and some anxiety to boot) - and then read Jupiter and Venus are aligning tonight! There is a great anti-anxiety video I watch from time to time:
"In through the nose (deep 5 - 10 second breath)...out through the nose (exhale slowly)" and repeat until the blood pressure drops / mind clears

one- Yes! Feeling hungover! I've had this happen a handful of times - I refer to it as hitting the IP wall, when my body just says "I need more ???!!" - all my blood work, including thyroid, is normal (now)...
I always start with salt / potassium because I am not the best about remembering those. If the lightheadedness persists, I am learning that the liquid concentrates are not enough - for example, this weekend I dug into a chicken and ate the dark meat! I have no idea how much - all I know is it got rid of the 'hungover' feeling.
I don't like hitting these walls, but I am glad I am learning more about my body and the difference between true hunger and boredom / thirst / etc...
Old 07-01-2015, 02:10 AM   #17  

OneUh, same for me, it was often potassium, or I would eat another packet, but the last month of P1 just was not good.
I also am wondering if you are near time to transition.
I lost several more lbs during P1/P2, but then it came back, and now my body seems determined to hang out exactly in the area I was gaining and losing the same 4 lbs around.
I am finally figuring out it’s my healthy weight. And there isn’t any fat loss left, it was actually skin. It’s taken me months to land on that.
I am glad I struggled through that last few months just so I could know this for myself.
I was STARVING the last month of P1. And the last three weeks, every three days I would practically binge on extra packets. I was just done, totally done. It took me a while to figure that out, and every time I did it I judged myself and my willpower and my ability to maintain. I hope you don’t have to go through as much negativity as I did.

There is something about so easily losing weight for so long, that if we feel it would be “so much better” just to get down 5 or 10 or 15 more lbs, it seems like it should be as easy as it was before, and what the heck is wrong with me that I can’t keep going, and all the judgement comes. Boo to that.

Turned a corner today on my “shattered” last few days and tears… finally coming to some realizations. I knew I would, that I was going through a process, and would come out the other side. It actually went a lot faster just diving into it and being real about it, than pretending I was fine and prolonging and suppressing. I ended up talking to a business colleague I’ve known for years but never shared much personally, and for some reason I just said “I’m not doing well today” and it was one of the best conversations I’ve ever had. So I’m glad I took the risk, he helped me, and also I just feel closer to him now, so it was a good risk.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All...

Jtx I get what you are saying, but I kind of feel like the same people are posting here that were posting there and I dont know of many more die hards like us that are still around...

One- Ugh i hate the dizzies! I did suffer from them terribly but actually now that you mention it I have not had a spell in a while...

Avalon - So truth be told I did not read the title of the thread past 2014...

WI yesterday and up 1. OF course its water weight because my inches were up here and there.. I get it after the weekend of not eating home... It will dissapear next week for sure...and I will try my best to do it with friends..

SO finally a break for DH. Oncologist called yesterday and prelim on the lymph node is Hodgkins. That is the "most likely to be cured" finally a sigh of relief! We see the surgeon today and the the onclolgist on Friday. Hopefully by the weekend we will have a treatment plan in our crosshairs.... Thank you all for being there for me thru all of this.....
Old 07-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

I'm glad to have found this group. I started 12-1-14. Don't think many people were crazy enough to join between Thanksgiving and Christmas so I never really found a group. My only regret ~ not starting at least a month earlier because I'd be that much closer to being done by now. But.....I didn't know about IP until some time early November.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Okay, so let's chalk yesterday up to a crappy day all around and start fresh on this new day, new month! I blame the alignment of the planets

Cheryl - sorry to hear about your "dizzies," are you feeling any better today? Have you called your doctor? Your coach?

Amber - sounds like there's been a lot on your plate! I'm glad you talked it out with a friend, and feel like you're heading back out of it. I hope so!

Sue - that's FANTASTIC news for hubby!! sorry about the pesky up pound but you know how to blast that away!

Pretty much everyone online community I've been involved in has some sort of "summer slump" - people's schedules change, and/or they are less active online due to other things, busy-ness, for us in particular I think diet fatigue is huge, etc, etc, etc...

I know we can beat the summer slump, and help each other through this journey! Let's do this!!

Old 07-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #21  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Cheryl, I went througth a stage of having that - but for me it's nothing new as I've suffered with severe anemia many, many times and I often attribute it to low iron (hence I toss in a 5000mg pill every few days if I feel low or don't eat my spinach!).

Sorry to hear you're experiencing it. You could either try the self-diagnosis and medication route, or pop in to the doc and get it checked. Either way, it isn't normal and I hope you can get on top of it.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #22  

JJtx let's chalk everything up to the planets, yes

I am having a much better today - had a really good "breakthrough" yesterday and still headed in a good direction.

Been avoiding the scale for the last four days for no other reason than being in a foul mood:0 so got on today and was still the same. Grateful for that.

Sue great about DH.

MizBeads great to have you.

Cheryl I like what Amanda said.....

have a great day all!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

LOL, full moon a couple nights ago.... seriously, studies have been done that show that snarlies happen near full moon.
The moon's gravity pulls our 'play nice' feelings out of our heads & hearts, lol.
Anyhow, back at 'er. Hang in there chickies!

Liana
Old 07-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Love you ladies! Come back to us Avalon!! This process is hard enough as it is. We need to be forgiving to ourselves and others. Stress (or alignment of the planets) can get to the best of us.

Sue - Glad for the positive news on your DH's diagnosis. My sister fought Hodgkins successfully. Such a treatable type of lymphoma. Have they discussed treatment plans yet? Thinking of you both.

Well, I am stuck in P3 hel!. Not following it 100% and still not sure what to do in P4. Missing simple P1 meal planning at the moment. Apparently I have 3 snacks a day to plan and I have no idea what to eat. A meal with some carbs and then one with allowed fat. I don't know what to eat or plan. I am afraid to move ahead....and I am up 4 lbs since Sat!?! Other than Sat night, I have increased calories and food but not been "off plan". Stressful people. After 2+ weeks of breakfast, I feel more comfortable with that. Snacks should be easy, right? Not so much.

I can't bring myself to eat carbs (ie: potatoes, rice, etc). Heck, I can't even eat restricted veggies. But don't have problems with cheese. I am a walking contradiction... Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I just wish IP gave you a sample week to follow until you get the hang. Telling me 1 carb or 1 serving of fat tells me NOTHING. Gah!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 07-01-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:40 AM   #25  

CenTx go check out Liana’s MFP plans in “Maintainers what are you eating”. You can just take some of her meals and there’s your IP plan for a week

I have a few on there, I eat almost the same thing every day, so I don’t post much. I’ve always been the kind of person that kind of prefers to eat the same thing, I was the same on P1. It just takes the worry out of everything, I know what to shop for, I know I digest it well, etc. Plus I’m one of these people that leaves early in the morning and gets home late and night and I am going to three or four places through the day, so it’s easy for me to just throw in the cooler what I know I need for the day, I already know the calories and macros are good, and I don’t have to think about food.

It will take a little time with carbs, it was the same for me. Good that you are careful - just add them in gradually so you know how they affect you.
You don’t have to eat 3 snacks.
For me I am happier with one main meal, usually breakfast, and kind of “mini meals”/snacks every few hours. It took me a while though to figure out that’s what worked for me. I keeps my blood sugar and energy stable and I seem to digest it much more easily.
You are actually doing great, really great. Just keep truckin’ and talkin’.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-02-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:42 AM   #26  

Liana I love your dancing chicken sooooo much.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #27  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Bad planets ... seems plausible.

So I had a nice 48 hour break, which I think I needed. Mental break ... recharge.

But it's time to refocus on the task at hand ... losing weight ... and forget about the minutia of thread titles. Who cares really, most of us have bigger fish to fry.

So I am still in a slow creep downwards. And haven't hit that "stall zone" that some of our 2014 starters seemed to have hit. (By the way, I'm not including those who have reached target and are in maintenance in that statement -- you guys are not stalled, you are done!)

I am still on target for a healthy BMI and Onederland sometime in mid August. Six weeks maybe?

I did buy two avocados on Monday, and I've been eating about 1/4 to 1/2 a day -- and I am still losing. So I have added both avocado and carrots to my diet and still seem on a downward trajectory. Miracle of miracles. I still think that for me at least it's more about calories in vs. calories out ... at least at this late stage of my dieting game.

I hope I don't stall out. But if I do, I think I will try doubling my exercise and take two walks a day instead of just one. And I can always cut back on my food intake. I have introduced some new carby-er and fattier items (like carrots and avocado), which I could cut back on (or drop) later if I do start to stall out. So I still have some "arrows in my quiver" so to speak.

I just wanted to share exactly what I am eating currently. Not sure if that's helpful to others or not, but maybe interesting.

---

MY FOOD (DIET) MENU

5am: Drink 1 liter (33 oz) bottle of Evian water
6am: Walk for an hour (about 3 miles) up and down hills
7am: Drink a 1.5 liter (50 oz) bottle of Evian water

(That 88 fluid ounces of water in the morning really flushes out my system -- I have to force myself to drink that much early in the day, otherwise I get nowhere close to the amt of water I am supposed to drink a day (which is 1/2 your body weight in ounces -- for me that's 106 fluid ounces a day. I also wonder if my morning exercise in a "water-flooded" body with no food in my system is helping me burn fat right now -- that would kind of make sense -- although I have no real scientific evidence of any sort of correlation. )

9am: Breakfast: Drink an Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix with 8 oz Evian Water

12noon: Lunch: 7 oz of frozen organic Rainbow Peppers + 3 oz of frozen organic Mediteranean Vegetable Mix + 1 oz of frozen organic mixed color Carrots + 4.25 oz of organic Chicken Breast + 2 tsp fresh pressed Olive Oil

1pm: Early Afternoon PickMeUp: 1 HUGE mug of fresh ground Costa Rica Coffee + cayenne pepper + 1 pkt Stevia + good 1/4 c of grass-fed organic whole milk + a bid dollop of sugar free hazel nut flavored coffee mate. PLUS a massive vitamin intake: 6 caps of a great multi called Nutrient 950, 8000 IUs of D3, 1000 mg of Krill Oil (omega 3), Biotin (for hair), 1 cap of CoQ10 for heart.

3pm: Mid Afternoon Snack: Drink an Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix with 8 oz Evian Water

6pm: Dinner: (Repeat 12 noon Lunch menu)

8pm: Late Evening Snack: Drink an Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix with 8 oz Evian Water

Added: Anytime: Some extra chicken breast (maybe 2 oz) and maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado

---

I think my calorie total is around 1200 to 1400 calories and I think i am burning maybe 2800 calories Which is why I am losing 1 pound every 3 to 4 days or so still (about 9 pounds a month, right now, on average).

I have a feeling that if I didn't do my long multi-mile hour long walk every day, I might not be losing (much at all) on this slightly higher calorie regimen. Def higher than IP P1, which I think is around 800 calories a day.

Now just as a caveat to others, I am taller and heavier than most of you, so I naturally burn more calories -- if you are in the mid 5 feet tall zone (or less) and weigh in the 100's, you would very likely need to cut back on the calories (vs. what I eat) to get to a similar calorie deficit.

So I am still hugging that exponential decline line. I've hugged that line for 10 months now. Who knew that no-cheat, low-calorie, low-carb weight loss follows an exponential decline regression line??? I didn't. But it kind of makes sense, as you lose weight, your loss rate slows. And towards the end it can feel like a crawl compared to the speed at which you were losing weight early on. The predictive nature of this I find motivating. If I don't cheat and stick with the program, I have a good sense of where I'll be in the near term future. Next week, the two-"aughts" are coming (209's), can't wait for that milestone) -- that is actually starting to sound "light" to me!

A zoom of the past few weeks ...

The big picture going all the way to Sept 2014 ...

(It's interesting seeing that little sideways jog in my chart from late Feb through mid March 2015, when I fell off the wagon and went a little "nuts" with cheats. I call it my 17 day cheat period -- but I didnt do too much damage, And once I got back on track in mid-March, I was back on top of my regression line in no time. I was primed and ready for another push downwards (that was nearly 40 pounds ago).

Keep plugging away everyone! I am rooting for you.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-03-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:52 AM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Well, karma is an absolute biotch. Hubby and I decided that we will begin our compliance regime on Saturday (once the current familial issue is resolved on Friday) and thought we'd have one last major "cheat" to enjoy. I know, it's not making the situation any better, but ... sometimes you just have to roll with it.

So, we went to Krispy Kreme and ordered our lovely donuts. Five minutes later we were pinioned between a truck and a signpost, having taken a signpost out completely and avoided rolling because we were resting against the second sign. Luckily, none of the three cars' occupants were injured (beyond seat belt injuries - darned painful) but the whole box of donuts flew off my lap and ended up on the floor. I guess that's the universe's way of saying "get back on plan" huh?

Talk about feel cheated. Not to mention I was covered in hubby's Dr Pepper drink and the powder from the donuts. I looked like Coco the Clown.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #29  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Well, karma is an absolute biotch. Hubby and I decided that we will begin our compliance regime on Saturday (once the current familial issue is resolved on Friday) and thought we'd have one last major "cheat" to enjoy. I know, it's not making the situation any better, but ... sometimes you just have to roll with it.

So, we went to Krispy Kreme and ordered our lovely donuts. Five minutes later we were pinioned between a truck and a signpost, having taken a signpost out completely and avoided rolling because we were resting against the second sign. Luckily, none of the three cars' occupants were injured (beyond seat belt injuries - darned painful) but the whole box of donuts flew off my lap and ended up on the floor. I guess that's the universe's way of saying "get back on plan" huh?

Talk about feel cheated. Not to mention I was covered in hubby's Dr Pepper drink and the powder from the donuts. I looked like Coco the Clown.
Briael, what a terrible story. I am glad you (and others) weren't hurt.

Keep working at re-starting, you'll get there. I think re-starting after falling off the wagon is hard. I struggled with that as well for most of the first half of 2014. At least if you can maintain your 80 pound loss, that's a huge victory. So give yourself some credit for that.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-03-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Amanda - glad you are ok!!!! Scary

Alexandria - my bladder sucks lol if I drank that much water before an hour long walk I would be in the bushes somewhere around mile 2!!!
Closed Thread