Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat1965 View Post
Hi all I'm new to 3FC, this forum and just starting on IP! I know I saw some type of conversion chart for the weights of vegees, I.e.how much does one cup of bell peppers weigh? I have spent an hour looking for it again, can someone point me in the right direction? TIA

There's a link to a pdf chart on page 5 of the June 15 daily chat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ne-15-a-5.html

I am finding this chart to be very useful, measuring some veg is hard.

In case anyone else is interested,
maybe it should be in the "stickies" ?
Old 06-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #47  

Thanks CeliaB and blueskiesahead! I was able to find it. I think it will be very helpful as I learn my way around IP.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Just had to share! Saw the 170's (albeit 179.0) on the scale at weigh in today! The lowest I've been in awhile! About 5 years ago I got down to 176. The last time I was under 176 was 20-30 years ago! So seeing the 170's again is a BIG DEAL for me!
WTG 3sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Hi All

Quick check in... Started IP on Wed. I decided to "shop around" for a clinic and coach... I had called around and sort or "interviewed" a few coaches over the phone and there were a few that I just did not get a good vibe from... But I wound up finding a clinic that I really like... It's part of of a sports medicine and physical therapy practice... Everyone there was very nice, so I think I found what I hope will turn out to be a good fit...

Anyway... got off to a great start and then yesterday I get a call from my Dad that my brother had become disoriented and was taken to the ER... So I rushed to the hospital to find my poor brother completely out of it... apparently, he has some sort of infection they think from a small surgical procedure he had a couple of weeks ago... So they decided to admit him, which of course took forever... And I wasn't feeling too hot myself since all I had was a couple of IP packets... Lol.. So I decided to try and tough it out... I didn't go off plan... I just ate a couple of extra of packets...

So I'm off to hospital now... I'll take a few packets with me... and I'll just do my best to stay on plan...
Way to stay strong, it's so easy to make bad choices when we are stressed or out of routine. I hope your brother is doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Friday Weekend Warm-up:

Remember, after a long week you do deserve to treat yourself but you also deserve to lose weight and be healthier and happier, so that treat just can’t come in the form of [extra, unplanned] food. What are some non-food ways you’re going to treat yourself this weekend?
Thanks for sharing and Motivating Lisa
Old 06-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #49  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks DeterminedDieter for the support and encouragement... My brother is out of the hospital and doing much better thank God...

I am really enjoying IP so far... I have been eating an extra packet here and there this first week, but I had discussed that with my coach and that was my game plan... I decided that an extra packet was better than going completely off plan... I don't have a lot left to still lose, so I wasn't expecting dramatic weekly losses at this point... Just going to try to do my best and get to goal... But hopefully that will be sooner rather than later...
Old 06-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #50  

Default Beck Diet Daily Tip

Tuesday Reality Check: You can’t exercise off a bad diet. Even if you exercise a lot, if you’re diet isn’t healthy, you won’t be able to lose weight (and may even gain).
Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Trip - glad your brother is doing better! You are doing fantastic!

Blue - I would love to see the veggie conversion chart get added to the sticky list - I took a screen shot and added it to my IP folder on my phone - so handy for recipes and reference!

Lisa - great reality check & very true for the majority...even if you keep the weight off, you are probably not doing your internal organs a lot of good

Again, I am humbled and amazed how well IP has worked for me...this mornings weigh in of 174.8 puts me 0.8 away from -60 in 21 weeks and less than 20 pounds from a HEALTHY weight!!!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post

Again, I am humbled and amazed how well IP has worked for me...this mornings weigh in of 174.8 puts me 0.8 away from -60 in 21 weeks and less than 20 pounds from a HEALTHY weight!!!!!
FANTASTIC hysteria. I'm sure you're over the moon! Great to see the end in sight.

My WI - not so good. Only 0.2 down, no idea why, I've been pretty much OP, nothing else unusual. I guess sometimes it is what it is.
I'm trying to tell myself it's still DOWN. Not much change to inches either. Still, last week was good, and NEXT WEEK will be better
Old 06-30-2015, 10:16 PM   #53  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Nice job 3Sisters!

Out of curiosity, what are the two tickers in your signature for? I see you're keeping both up to date... Is one of them a countdown to weighing less than the last time you dieted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Looks like 3Sisters' total goal and her mini goal of 5 pounds at a time...
Congrats by the way, 3S!

Liana
Yep! Exactly - one is my running total (36 so far) and the other is my short-term 5lb-at-a-time goal. So, I may be 34 lbs from my ultimate goal, but I'm only 4 lbs from my next short term goal

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and cheering me on for reaching my big 'in the 170's' interim goal! It sure has been motivating to see that number and that it wasn't just a fluke - I'm actually still dropping! Weigh in tomorrow!

Last edited by 3sisters; 06-30-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 207/176.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
Just want to send out good vibes and a "keep up the good work" to everyone as we enter a holiday weekend. These can be more challenging, but WE CAN DO IT!!
On my 7th week WI I gained 1 lb, so I'm working on my own attitude and trying not to let it get me down. I can't blame it on TOM, so I'm looking at other factors, especially since I've been OP. Maybe I need more water, maybe having my WI in the afternoon vs. morning made a difference...not sure.
I'm keeping the faith, as I love this program and one wonky WI will not deter me! My coach suggested walking a few times a week, nothing that gets me out of breath. I realize I really do need to add some movement into my life, so that's my next addition to this lifestyle change.
Wishing everyone a great Fourth!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #55  

Default Happy Canada Day!

To all the Canadians here, hope you all have a great holiday today!

We're off to the parade later this morning, lots of fun events at the park by the lake. And of course lots of Food temptations, but I am just going to enjoy watching other people enjoying them!
It's cool here in S Ont today, probably not more than 20, but the sun should be shining, and very slight chance of rain (we've has so-o-o much rain lately, when the sun shines, suddenly everyone is outside

Whatever you all have planned for today, have a Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Yesterday was my 1-year anniversary on IP, and today I hit goal and started Phase 2! I am grateful for these boards, and for all of you who are on this journey with me.

Stay strong everyone, if I can do it you can too!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Woo HOOO!!! JJTX! Congrats!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy08035 View Post

On my 7th week WI I gained 1 lb, so I'm working on my own attitude and trying not to let it get me down. I can't blame it on TOM, so I'm looking at other factors, especially since I've been OP. Maybe I need more water, maybe having my WI in the afternoon vs. morning made a difference...not sure.
I'm keeping the faith, as I love this program and one wonky WI will not deter me! My coach suggested walking a few times a week, nothing that gets me out of breath. I realize I really do need to add some movement into my life, so that's my next addition to this lifestyle change.
Wishing everyone a great Fourth!
I had a disappointing WI yesterday too , only 0.2 down. Like you, I can't pinpoint a reason why.
MY coach said not to worry, one week doesn't matter, but she suggested maybe cutting dinner protein to 4 oz and adding half a packet, but only for 2 days. Did that yesterday. Also upped my water.
I'm also going to make sure I walk every day as well, I've been slacking off there a bit with some busy days lately.
Keeping fingers crossed for both of us for next WI
Old 07-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #59  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Hi All

Had my first "Official" weigh-in today at my IP clinic... Was down exactly -5 lbs...

I know I should be more excited, especially considering all the stress I was under this past week with my brother being in the hospital, eating all the extra packets, eating some extra dinner protein portions, and even eating one completely off plan meal... But for some reason I feel like I got off to a sort of "false" start...

I know this completely crazy... But I was really hoping to be out of the 160's for this first weigh-in... Oh, well... Just need to get my head back in the game and really get with the program, so to speak...

But I tell ya... Trying to lose these last 10 lbs or so is really starting to drive me crazy

ETA: I weighed myself when I got home and my scale said 158.7lb... I have a Fitbit scale, so I got my 60lb weight loss "badge" which showed up almost instantaneously on my phone and iPad... Silly, I know... But I'm really into earning those things... Lol...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 07-01-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 240.2/144/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Hang in there TripSwitch -- my progress from the 160s to the 150s was by far the longest and most up and down in weight. It was definitely a sticky point for me -- I think was a weight I'd been for a long time, a long time ago.

You'll do it ... just buckle down and keep on going. You got this!
Closed Thread