Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
If this is the class you are talking about you will need the extra bar for sure and lots of water. http://fitvillains.tumblr.com/post/1...-minute-cardio

Just my pov but I would choose something a bit less intense for your first workout - plank jacks and cobra burpees are killers.

Liana
So, update on the HardCORE class...turns out it wasn't that bad! It was 10 exercises for 45 seconds each with a short break between exercises. Then those same 10 exercises for 30 seconds. Then 2 three minute challenges. I was tired because I don't think I've done a situp in forever, but luckily no burpees or plank jacks. There were a lot of planks but I feel like that falls into the "ok to do while on IP" exercise? Anyway, I think I'll keep going. If anything, it'll be good to get some core strength back. Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone!! Happy Tuesday
Old 06-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #17  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

NSV - But not one to celebrate. My best friend's Mom is in comfort care and I may need a dress to go to her funeral if she passes. So this morning after my shower I tried on my LBD (little brown dress) and it fit!!!! It is even a bit baggy in the boobs. Last time I wore it, and had the occasion to wear it, was my son's grad school graduation 4 years ago.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/173/130

Height: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlrg View Post
Great comment regarding loose skin. Do toning exercises help with that? I'm in p1 and will be there for a while.
I hope it does. I have asked several people and also my IP coach and she said it should help as long a I refrain from doing cardio.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #19  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm currently in week 1 of Phase 3. I am loving breakfast (and I've never been a breakfast eater). One thing I've learned from my journey with IP is that I was actually chronically not eating enough. I ate so few calories on a regular basis that I completely down-regulated my metabolism to hovering somewhere below zero. Heh. So, I have a question.

I have searched the threads for this but have yet to find this subject addressed, so please forgive me if my search skills are lacking but I'm curious: has anyone any ideas for me on the total meal replacement shake alternatives? I tend to sit in front of my computer and work in long stretches and this makes lunchtime particularly tricky. I want to make sure I'm taking in the proper amount of calories and macros, but would like to have a go-to in case I'd rather not stop working and just drink it as I work.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Whew, jlnelson! Thank goodness the HardCore workout wasn't the same as the one I found on the internet. Obviously there are several versions of circuit training under that name.

Interesting email from WebMed in my inbox this afternoon: quick quote: Exercise and Fat

Laurie J. Goodyear, PhD, is a senior investigator at Joslin Diabetes Center and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School. She is studying the effect of exercise on fat, specifically the layer of white fat that sits just under the skin.

Most people know that exercise burns fat. It’s the reason most people hit the treadmill in the first place.

But fat isn’t just a place we park extra calories. “The tissue has a lot of other properties,” she says.

“Exercise really makes fat healthier and helps it burn more energy.”

Specifically, she says, exercise shrinks the size of individual fat cells, and the cells develop more energy-producing parts called mitochondria.

That means that fat tissue is burning more calories, even at rest, Goodyear says.

In one experiment, she took white fat from exercise-trained mice and transplanted it into inactive mice. Nine days later, those mice had better blood sugar control and their bodies responded better to insulin than mice that got fat from other inactive mice. What’s more, transplanted fat from exercised mice completely reversed the negative effects of eating a high-fat diet.

“What we’ve realized is that fat isn’t simply storage,” she says. “We see about 4,000 genes in fat tissue change with exercise. It’s not just that fat cells get smaller.”

Here's the link to the whole article: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...lin-fat?page=1

Liana
Old 06-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #21  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi All...

I'm starting IP tomorrow and I'm actually pretty excited... I've followed the protocol before on my own with alternatives, but this time I've decided that I need the structure and support of a clinic and the coaching... So that's what I'm doing...

I know IP will work for me... If I just stick with it.... So I'm looking forward to the support here to do just that....

And I look forward to posting here tomorrow when I get back from my first visit to my clinic to let you all know how it went...

I am so ready to finally GET STARTED!
Old 06-24-2015, 02:02 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Whew, jlnelson! Thank goodness the HardCore workout wasn't the same as the one I found on the internet. Obviously there are several versions of circuit training under that name.

Interesting email from WebMed in my inbox this afternoon: quick quote: Exercise and Fat

Laurie J. Goodyear, PhD, is a senior investigator at Joslin Diabetes Center and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School. She is studying the effect of exercise on fat, specifically the layer of white fat that sits just under the skin.

Most people know that exercise burns fat. It’s the reason most people hit the treadmill in the first place.

But fat isn’t just a place we park extra calories. “The tissue has a lot of other properties,” she says.

“Exercise really makes fat healthier and helps it burn more energy.”

Specifically, she says, exercise shrinks the size of individual fat cells, and the cells develop more energy-producing parts called mitochondria.

That means that fat tissue is burning more calories, even at rest, Goodyear says.

In one experiment, she took white fat from exercise-trained mice and transplanted it into inactive mice. Nine days later, those mice had better blood sugar control and their bodies responded better to insulin than mice that got fat from other inactive mice. What’s more, transplanted fat from exercised mice completely reversed the negative effects of eating a high-fat diet.

“What we’ve realized is that fat isn’t simply storage,” she says. “We see about 4,000 genes in fat tissue change with exercise. It’s not just that fat cells get smaller.”

Here's the link to the whole article: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...lin-fat?page=1

Liana
Liana I LOVE this. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Would you mind re-posting it on the exercise thread (movin groovin) I think it would be good to have it there for longer term viewing. I found it really motivating, my life has been so busy the last few weeks I’m out of my normal exercise routine, and this article reminded me to get back in the groove as soon as I can.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-24-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:03 AM   #23  

Welcome TripSwitch
Old 06-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi All..

Checking in from my busy week. WI yesterday I was up .5 I will take that with my 3lb loss last week. Things getting slow in the scale department for me for a while now...I am crawling to goal LOL but that is OK.

Now that summer is hear I need to dig out some summer IP salad recipies as well as some cold treats. I had totally forgotten until yesterday about the faux ice cream I lived on last summer....

1pkt chocolate drink or vanilla
3/4 - 1 cup ice
1/2-3/4 water
Blend till Ice cream consistancy...I have added Mint or Vanilla Extract too!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Just a copy of a post I made in March on the Home of the 100% (no cheat) Zone... for all those gals having 'issues' these days. I re-read it and it resonates with me still... perhaps it can help some others...

Here's a friendly kick in the pants, lol . Start this minute being 100%, then when you are tempted to cheat examine what situation is causing it and try to change that situation. Go moment by moment and celebrate any temptation you managed to evade. Practice good self-talk, pretend you are a friend, what would you say to 'her' to encourage her to stay on plan... tell yourself the same thing, even saying it out loud. If you fall, don't lay there on the floor, just get right back up and continue on with 100%. Think of us like a slo-mo alcoholics anonymous... come to this forum when you are feeling weak, read some encouraging 100%ers threads, and connect with your IPeeps as a sort of 'sponsor' group for strength and support.
You did it once... you can do it again. DON'T look back except to learn from a mistake. History is in the past, done & gone, time to move forward!

Liana
Old 06-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #26  

Height: 5'4

Liana - FANTASTIC POST! And so timely!

I just got back from my week 6 WI and I'm down 1.8 lbs - a mere .2 lbs from my first goal of 20 lbs. ::shakes fist at sky:: It's TOM at the end of this week so the emotional cravings are knocking at the door. Also feeling pretty crummy (from the PMS).

So I am just going to keep re-reading Liana's post...
Old 06-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizn2000 View Post
Liana - FANTASTIC POST! And so timely!

I just got back from my week 6 WI and I'm down 1.8 lbs - a mere .2 lbs from my first goal of 20 lbs. ::shakes fist at sky:: It's TOM at the end of this week so the emotional cravings are knocking at the door. Also feeling pretty crummy (from the PMS).

So I am just going to keep re-reading Liana's post...
Losing on a TOM week is fantastic!! Most ladies gain 2 pounds or more.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #28  

Thanks for the link to this article--VERY interesting!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Liana - Great post!

Made veal cutlets for dinner last night. Kind of bland without breading and frying like I did for the men folk. I guess that I why I have not had it in a while LOL....Veal needs something more than salt and pepper LOL...

Tried the dill crips today for the first time. thought all along that they would be too salty for me like the salt and vinegar ones, but there actually pretty good and there are a lot in the packet! Maybe I have a new grab and go food LOL..

Need to get some lettuce and mushrooms today...I ran out. Tomorrow is the farmers market!
Old 06-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone!
It just finished week 3 of phase 1 and I am down 12.8 pounds. I am thrilled with the results- am comfortable with the protocol- and for the most part feeling great. I struggled the first two weeks with feeling great- then feeling crummy- throughout the day but this week things have leveled out. I've had a busy week so far and my energy level is good. Yesterday, I spent the day in NY with a friend and stayed on track. My friend was eating the most delicious looking BLT and fries which looked cooked to perfection. I had a few moments of wishing I could change my salad with chicken order but thought it through and proceeded with doing the right thing. Nothing tastes better then a loss on the scale! Thanks to everyone for sharing your wisdom- successes and challenges- this forum is wonderful.
Closed Thread