3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Help! Not losing weight on Alternative IP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default Help! Not losing weight on Alternative IP

I need help! I started IP last April 2014. I lost 40 lbs and have kept it off. This last winter I transferred to alternative IP and have lost nothing. A week ago I started with some great products similar to IP and lost 5 lbs the beginning of the week but have stalled again. Does anyone have advise or something they've done to help jumpstart weight loss? Here's my daily intake for you to see if I'm missing something.
Breakfast : Nutriwise pancake mix, coffee with 1/4 cup Almond milk and dash of Torani SF Caramel syrup
Lunch: DoctorsBestWeightLoss Toffee creme pudding, 2 cups romaine lettuce with 1/2 cup sautéed peppers and sliced mushrooms and WF Thousand Island dressing.
Snack: Protidiet chocolate shake mix
Dinner: Ground beef, chicken or salmon with 2 cups romaine lettuce, with raw onion, green onion and peppers, Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette.
I'd like to hear from you who've overcome those stalled weight loss moments. I'm committed to the end until all my weight is gone. No matter how long it takes. It just would be nice to see the scale move at a steady pace. Thanks
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
Lives to dance
 
oneuh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wash DC metro area
Posts: 1,172

S/C/G: IP 7/9/2014 240.4/161.2/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanofgrace View Post
I need help! I started IP last April 2014. I lost 40 lbs and have kept it off. This last winter I transferred to alternative IP and have lost nothing. A week ago I started with some great products similar to IP and lost 5 lbs the beginning of the week but have stalled again. Does anyone have advise or something they've done to help jumpstart weight loss? Here's my daily intake for you to see if I'm missing something.
Breakfast : Nutriwise pancake mix, coffee with 1/4 cup Almond milk and dash of Torani SF Caramel syrup
Lunch: DoctorsBestWeightLoss Toffee creme pudding, 2 cups romaine lettuce with 1/2 cup sautéed peppers and sliced mushrooms and WF Thousand Island dressing.
Snack: Protidiet chocolate shake mix
Dinner: Ground beef, chicken or salmon with 2 cups romaine lettuce, with raw onion, green onion and peppers, Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette.
I'd like to hear from you who've overcome those stalled weight loss moments. I'm committed to the end until all my weight is gone. No matter how long it takes. It just would be nice to see the scale move at a steady pace. Thanks
Sorry to hear of your slowed losses -- need a bit more information to offer ideas:
- how much more weight do you have to lose to reach goal? As you get down to the last 10-15 percent of the total pounds you are trying to lose, if you are like me, your losses will slow. For the past 3 months I have lost about 5 lbs in 30 days -- much slower than the first 65 - 70 lbs.
- are you taking your supplements regularly? getting the salt and oil in?
- daily water intake of at least 8 cups?
- I find that drinking multiple cups of coffee slows my losses, and replacing with decaf tea seems to promote better losses... replacing with water would probably be better.
- I am not sure about Brianna's French Vinagrette - is that like Walden Farms with zero fat, carb, or sugar?

If you can share some of this kind of info, I am sure the veteran IPeeps will post reactions and thoughts that may be helpful.
__________________


Re-revised Target date for goal: 7/15/2015

You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,122

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

CONGRATS on getting back on plan. You lost 40... How much more until goal?

You have been on a little over a week and lost 5 lbs... In two weeks that averages 2.5 lbs per week. IP average loss is 2-3 lbs. a STALL is four consecutive weeks with no loss of pounds or inches!!! You have just gotten started with IP compatible products.

You also probably lost inches - did you get starting measurements!

It looks like you may be shorting yourself on veggies... Lettuce does not count in your 2 cups plus 2 cups. Can't tell how much else you ate with lunch/dinner.

Also the almond milk and dressing ate not on protocol (i don't think Briannas is 0/0/0 (0 fat/0 carbs/0 sugars). Little deviations can have an impact on losses.
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014


Last edited by JLUS : 06-21-2015 at 07:41 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sorry to hear of your slowed losses -- need a bit more information to offer ideas:
- how much more weight do you have to lose to reach goal? As you get down to the last 10-15 percent of the total pounds you are trying to lose, if you are like me, your losses will slow. For the past 3 months I have lost about 5 lbs in 30 days -- much slower than the first 65 - 70 lbs.
- are you taking your supplements regularly? getting the salt and oil in?
- daily water intake of at least 8 cups?
- I find that drinking multiple cups of coffee slows my losses, and replacing with decaf tea seems to promote better losses... replacing with water would probably be better.
- I am not sure about Brianna's French Vinagrette - is that like Walden Farms with zero fat, carb, or sugar?

If you can share some of this kind of info, I am sure the veteran IPeeps will post reactions and thoughts that may be helpful.
I need to lose 60 more lbs. I do take my vitamins and just invested in the original IP supplements again, which I think will help. I don't use my IP salt. I've been using the pink Sea salt. I use coconut oil to cook my pancakes each morning. EEVO once in awhile when cooking my meat. So, maybe that's something to change. I drink a lot of water but have not intentionally counted my intake, so I'm not sure. I drink 1 large cup of coffee (16oz.) A day with 1/4 cup almond milk. Is that too much? I'll change to decaf tea and see how that works.
Now, I see some changes I need to make myself. Thanks for the questions, it helps me pinpoint what my stalls may be.
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
CONGRATS on getting back on plan. You lost 40... How much more until goal?

You have been on a little over a week and lost 5 lbs... In two weeks that averages 2.5 lbs per week. IP average loss is 2-3 lbs. a STALL is four consecutive weeks with no loss of pounds or inches!!! You have just gotten started with IP compatible products.

You also probably lost inches - did you get starting measurements!

It looks like you may be shorting yourself on veggies... Lettuce does not count in your 2 cups plus 2 cups. Can't tell how much else you ate with lunch/dinner.

Also the almond milk and dressing ate not on protocol (i don't think Briannas is 0/0/0 (0 fat/0 carbs/0 sugars). Little deviations can have an impact on losses.
I have 60 more lbs to lose. I will take your advise and add more veggies, salt and water. I haven't measured my self yet, which now that you mention it I will. That may help. As for Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette salad dressing, the nutrition facts are below:
Nutrition Facts:

Serving size2 tbps (30ml)
Servings per container about 12
Calories130
Calories from fat130
Total Fat14g
Saturated Fat1g
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium260mg
Total Carbohydrate0g
Dietary Fiber0g
Sugars0g
Protein0g
Vitamin A0%
Vitamin C0%
Calcium0%
Iron0%
Is this a no for 1st Phase? That would answer a lot if this was sabataging my efforts. Another condiment I sometimes use is the reduced sugar Heinz Ketchup. Anyone know if this is not permitted on Phase 1? I also use almond milk instead of FF milk. This is not on protocol? My coach suggested all the products above. Which is why I thought it was ok. Thanks for helping me figure this out.
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
Started IP on 3/1/2014
 
karkrazy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 128

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanofgrace View Post
I have 60 more lbs to lose. I will take your advise and add more veggies, salt and water. I haven't measured my self yet, which now that you mention it I will. That may help. As for Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette salad dressing, the nutrition facts are below:
Nutrition Facts:

Serving size2 tbps (30ml)
Servings per container about 12
Calories130
Calories from fat130
Total Fat14g
Saturated Fat1g
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium260mg
Total Carbohydrate0g
Dietary Fiber0g
Sugars0g
Protein0g
Vitamin A0%
Vitamin C0%
Calcium0%
Iron0%
Is this a no for 1st Phase? That would answer a lot if this was sabataging my efforts. Another condiment I sometimes use is the reduced sugar Heinz Ketchup. Anyone know if this is not permitted on Phase 1? I also use almond milk instead of FF milk. This is not on protocol? My coach suggested all the products above. Which is why I thought it was ok. Thanks for helping me figure this out.
If the calories from fat is indeed 130 (which is the same as the total # of calories), and the fat is 14g, then it is not IP Phase I friendly. It needs to have 0/0/0 - 0 calories/0 FAT/0 carbs to qualify.

Also, almond milk is not part of the IP protocol in Phase I.

I hope this helps!
__________________





One for every 5 pounds lost!

karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 145

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanofgrace View Post
I have 60 more lbs to lose. I will take your advise and add more veggies, salt and water. I haven't measured my self yet, which now that you mention it I will. That may help. As for Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette salad dressing, the nutrition facts are below:
Nutrition Facts:

Serving size2 tbps (30ml)
Servings per container about 12
Calories130
Calories from fat130
Total Fat14g
Saturated Fat1g
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium260mg
Total Carbohydrate0g
Dietary Fiber0g
Sugars0g
Protein0g
Vitamin A0%
Vitamin C0%
Calcium0%
Iron0%
Is this a no for 1st Phase? That would answer a lot if this was sabataging my efforts. Another condiment I sometimes use is the reduced sugar Heinz Ketchup. Anyone know if this is not permitted on Phase 1? I also use almond milk instead of FF milk. This is not on protocol? My coach suggested all the products above. Which is why I thought it was ok. Thanks for helping me figure this out.
If you are counting it as your fat for the day, then 1 tablespoon of this dressing would be fine. That would be your allowed 2 teaspoons fat plus some vinegar and other stuff. I use Ken's Italian which has very similar numbers and just don't have any other added fat that day. Fats you cook with don't really count since so little sticks to the food.

As someone else pointed out, you are low on veggies. They will keep you satisfied and help things move along as they should. With the low veggies, might you be a bit backed up?
__________________
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,122

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

A couple things:

When adding anything NOT on the protocol list, the additional item needs to be 0/0/0 as stated BUT -- that stands for 0 fat / 0 carb / 0 sugar (a few calories are ok because with the other items being 0 there will not be many!)

Following protocol means your oil is straight olive oil or grapeseed oil where you control how much is used, NOT as part of anything else. Yes, it makes sense that one could count the oil in a dressing as the daily oil, but that isn't how protocol is written. That has to be each person's decision, but following protocol typically gives the best results. Again, some of these seemingly small variations may be making the difference.

The ketchup would be fine if counted towards your veggies (a coupe tbsp. would equal maybe 1/8 cup veggie since it is concentrated); it's not a freebie. Again... how much difference is it making we can't be sure.

The ONLY allowed milk is stated on the phase one sheet - 1 oz regular milk daily. I know it often seems like such a small difference when looking at nutritional info, but IP is based on more than just the nutritional numbers. It is also based on the science of how foods interact with each other and with our body chemistry and sometimes we may not see what difference it makes, but the scientists who continue to research and adjust IP have reasons.

One thing we have come to realize is that there are coaches who make up what we call "House Rules" and allow variations that are NOT IP protocol. It is frustrating and a new IP client would have no idea that they are getting information that is not IP protocol. However, excellent coaches do sometimes make adjustments to IP protocol for an individual based on individual needs and that IS protocol when needed. Doesn't sound like these changes were for one person but rather how they address all clients.

Be sure you have the current Phase 1 sheet too - not all clinics give out the most current one. (It's in the files on this site.)

Try some of these suggestions and see how your next month goes.

If one is following protocol (even with the changes you have indicated) it is pretty much IMPOSSSIBLE to not lose since you are eating between 700-900 calories daily. It could be something else is going on.
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
If the calories from fat is indeed 130 (which is the same as the total # of calories), and the fat is 14g, then it is not IP Phase I friendly. It needs to have 0/0/0 - 0 calories/0 FAT/0 carbs to qualify.

Also, almond milk is not part of the IP protocol in Phase I.

I hope this helps!
Yes, it definately helps. Thanks
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
If you are counting it as your fat for the day, then 1 tablespoon of this dressing would be fine. That would be your allowed 2 teaspoons fat plus some vinegar and other stuff. I use Ken's Italian which has very similar numbers and just don't have any other added fat that day. Fats you cook with don't really count since so little sticks to the food.

As someone else pointed out, you are low on veggies. They will keep you satisfied and help things move along as they should. With the low veggies, might you be a bit backed up?
Interesting enough, not backed up. But I will be adding more veggies. Thanks for helping me work this out.
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
A couple things:

When adding anything NOT on the protocol list, the additional item needs to be 0/0/0 as stated BUT -- that stands for 0 fat / 0 carb / 0 sugar (a few calories are ok because with the other items being 0 there will not be many!)

Following protocol means your oil is straight olive oil or grapeseed oil where you control how much is used, NOT as part of anything else. Yes, it makes sense that one could count the oil in a dressing as the daily oil, but that isn't how protocol is written. That has to be each person's decision, but following protocol typically gives the best results. Again, some of these seemingly small variations may be making the difference.

The ketchup would be fine if counted towards your veggies (a coupe tbsp. would equal maybe 1/8 cup veggie since it is concentrated); it's not a freebie. Again... how much difference is it making we can't be sure.

The ONLY allowed milk is stated on the phase one sheet - 1 oz regular milk daily. I know it often seems like such a small difference when looking at nutritional info, but IP is based on more than just the nutritional numbers. It is also based on the science of how foods interact with each other and with our body chemistry and sometimes we may not see what difference it makes, but the scientists who continue to research and adjust IP have reasons.

One thing we have come to realize is that there are coaches who make up what we call "House Rules" and allow variations that are NOT IP protocol. It is frustrating and a new IP client would have no idea that they are getting information that is not IP protocol. However, excellent coaches do sometimes make adjustments to IP protocol for an individual based on individual needs and that IS protocol when needed. Doesn't sound like these changes were for one person but rather how they address all clients.

Be sure you have the current Phase 1 sheet too - not all clinics give out the most current one. (It's in the files on this site.)

Try some of these suggestions and see how your next month goes.

If one is following protocol (even with the changes you have indicated) it is pretty much IMPOSSSIBLE to not lose since you are eating between 700-900 calories daily. It could be something else is going on.
Thanks for setting it straight. I see now how things got catawompus. I'm pressing the start over button and doing this again, and following protocol as it is written. No variations. I 'm excited to see the lbs. drop again. Thanks.
womanofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,122

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanofgrace View Post
Thanks for setting it straight. I see now how things got catawompus. I'm pressing the start over button and doing this again, and following protocol as it is written. No variations. I 'm excited to see the lbs. drop again. Thanks.
It takes some time to figure it all out!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014


Last edited by JLUS : 06-22-2015 at 04:52 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2