Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #1  

Default IP Weekday chat thread started June 15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #2  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Good afternoon everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather before it becomes TOO unbearably hot. :P It's warm here in NoVa, but I'm in my chilly office all day and then the gym for my run, so I'm only outside when it's much cooler.

After losing only .8 lbs last week, I dropped 3.4 this week. I was probably retaining water last week, so I'm pleased overall.

I've decided to experiment with a transition to Phase 2- I really want to increase my weight training, so I'm also adding in an extra snack (or two if I need it!). Before you start worrying, I promise I won't push myself too hard and call my doctor if I am feeling too low.

Just finished lunch and holy cow, I forgot how filling a full lunch was. I need someone to roll me to the gym this afternoon. :P
Old 06-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #3  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

I am finishing up my next-to-last day of work. I am a teacher and our last day with students was on Friday.

On Thursday, I am leaving for a 10 day cruise and plan to stay on plan. I am VERY nervous about this! This will be the first time travelling since starting IP and I hope it won't be hard to do. I have all of my IP foods packed save for a few breakfast muffins I will be baking on Wednesday.

My husband wanted me to not follow plan while on vacation, but I want to stick with it. I have seen too much progress over the past month to throw it all away!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarier View Post
On Thursday, I am leaving for a 10 day cruise and plan to stay on plan. I am VERY nervous about this! This will be the first time travelling since starting IP and I hope it won't be hard to do. I have all of my IP foods packed save for a few breakfast muffins I will be baking on Wednesday.

My husband wanted me to not follow plan while on vacation, but I want to stick with it. I have seen too much progress over the past month to throw it all away!
Good for you!!!! It's especially hard to stick to your guns when loved ones don't think you should, but you are definitely in the right mindset here. Thanks for being a vacation inspiration!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #5  
Started IP May 14, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Good for you!!!! It's especially hard to stick to your guns when loved ones don't think you should, but you are definitely in the right mindset here. Thanks for being a vacation inspiration!
Thank you! My husband is pretty supportive, especially since I started IP to get to a healthier weight for us to do a frozen embryo transfer, but he seems to think I need to not worry so much about food and booze on the cruise. MEN! He doesn't realize how hard it would be to get back into ketosis and on track.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4

Hi all! I'm new but have been lurking for the past 5 weeks. Your stories are so inspirational and motivating!

Today is a good day. Back from a weekend at the beach where I didn't break protocol but had a funky eating timetable. My weigh ins are on Wednesdays and I'm glad to have today and tomorrow to be on my usual schedule. I feel "off" when my schedule is off.

Good luck this week! We got this. Especially you Tara!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/177/145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarier View Post
Cruises are tough because food is all around you, HOWEVER there are lots of delicious veggies and lean proteins so I think you'll do great. I salute you for remaining OP while on vacation.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather before it becomes TOO unbearably hot. :P It's warm here in NoVa, but I'm in my chilly office all day and then the gym for my run, so I'm only outside when it's much cooler.

After losing only .8 lbs last week, I dropped 3.4 this week. I was probably retaining water last week, so I'm pleased overall.
. :P
LOOK at you go Shark!!! SUper Proud of you!!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #9  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Tarier: WTG, preparing to stay OP on your cruise. Keep in mind how good you feel in ketosis. I wonder how your body would react if you all of sudden indulged in big sugary dessert. I admit that's kind of what keeps me from cheating. Enjoy your cruise.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #10  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

SV=-2.6 lbs at WI meaning if I'd been naked I would have been nicely into the nifty 150's!!!! Finally a bit of a drop.

NSV= I was able to squeeze my rubbery ol' butt into my Columbia Sportswear skort and zip it up. Yes I have a tiny little bit of a wedgie but it is there to remind me to drink plenty of water and enjoy that yummy crispy cereal for dessert tonight.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #11  
Started IP May 14, 2015

Thank you, all! I hope to give you a GOOD report when I get back.

Great Dane, congrats on your NSV! Aren't they GREAT and motivating?!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/177/145

Height: 5"7

How much water do y'all drink? The first week I just made the 2L a day but since then my water intake just keeps rising. I am at about a gallon a day and it's because I am truly thirsty. Is that normal?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone!

I've decided to experiment with a transition to Phase 2- I really want to increase my weight training, so I'm also adding in an extra snack (or two if I need it!). Before you start worrying, I promise I won't push myself too hard and call my doctor if I am feeling too low.

Just finished lunch and holy cow, I forgot how filling a full lunch was. I need someone to roll me to the gym this afternoon. :P
Hi! Can you keep us updated on how this is working for you? I am signed up to run a 10 miler trail race in early October. I was planning on staying on Phase 1 for a little while longer to lose as much excess weight as possible so I don't destroy my knees but at some point, I do need to start training. Maybe doing a Phase 2 would be a good way to get some extra good calories while still practicing the IP practices?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
Hi! Can you keep us updated on how this is working for you? I am signed up to run a 10 miler trail race in early October. I was planning on staying on Phase 1 for a little while longer to lose as much excess weight as possible so I don't destroy my knees but at some point, I do need to start training. Maybe doing a Phase 2 would be a good way to get some extra good calories while still practicing the IP practices?
Hi! You might want to look through the “Movin and Groovin” thread and also look through Briael’s old posts - there is a lot of good information there about exercise and P1.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
SV=-2.6 lbs at WI meaning if I'd been naked I would have been nicely into the nifty 150's!!!! Finally a bit of a drop.

NSV= I was able to squeeze my rubbery ol' butt into my Columbia Sportswear skort and zip it up. Yes I have a tiny little bit of a wedgie but it is there to remind me to drink plenty of water and enjoy that yummy crispy cereal for dessert tonight.
Closed Thread