Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:04 AM   #46  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Woo - you are ambitious I wouldn't dare to touch Insanity at these calorie levels - even P2 levels & I though P90X was comparable (plyometrics?). My biggest fear would be muscle loss (body using it as fuel)...but yah- I'm not very well versed with P90 & really hope it works out
I'm young (26) and naturally pretty active, so I know I workout more than most people on IP. While P90X condenses the activity into an hour with focused and frequent reps, I do typically work out at that level, just diluted over a longer time period with less focus on a single area at a time.

I make up for my working out by never being stingy with the snacks on workout days (though I keep myself in line and don't overdo it either!). For instance, when I did Plyometrics, I ended up adding a Quest bar AND a half, as well as a non-restricted orange drink, and had another non-restricted on standby in case I felt like I needed it. I also had chicken with lunch instead of a packet and fish with dinner.

I also never push myself further than I'm capable of, take frequent water breaks, and don't finish a rep if I don't think I should. If my body is telling me I should only do 60% of a P90X workout, I'm only doing 60%.

But this is still just trial and error. My knees definitely can't handle another round of Plyo, so I'm going to try and substitute it with Cardio X next week, as suggested in the P90X lean protocol.

Had an NSV today!

About 13 months ago, my friends and I went to a theme park and I didn't fit in the roller coaster seats. It was mortifying and heartbreaking, and I spent most of the day holding in tears while my friends went on rides and didn't understand how I was feeling.

Though I've lost 45 pounds, I still hold a LOT of my fat in my butt and thighs, and it makes me wonder if 45 pounds are enough. Theme park season is upon us... will I fit on the rides?

I was rushing this morning and grabbed a pair of shorts from my closet without a second thought and stuck them in my bag to change into after work. When I was changing, I pulled out the shorts and they seemed a lot bigger than I remembered. I buttoned and zipped them... and they fell right down to the floor.

They were the same shorts I wore that day at the theme park when I didn't fit on the rides.

Here's hoping I'll have an NSV later this summer about returning to the theme park and riding every single ride.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

imashark - You will do fine at the theme parks. I always had that fear of not fitting too and did sit the sidelines many times. I still hesitate before choosing a place to sit wondering if I will fit. Mind games we play LOL

Had a good WI yesterday and was down 3 in spite of my weird WI time. I am happy...moving closer and closer to the 180's....somewhere in that number I feel is my goal weight....
Old 06-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarier View Post
I am all packed and ready for my cruise. Hopefully none of my IP food gets smushed! I just finished baking 6 breakfast muffins (2 caramel zucchini chocolate chip and 4 wildberry muffins), so I think I am officially all set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
That is a good idea I am going to make muffins to take also on my trip to Europe on Sunday.
Safe and happy travels Tarier and travelingras! I hope you come back with great memories and losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Had an NSV today!

About 13 months ago, my friends and I went to a theme park and I didn't fit in the roller coaster seats. It was mortifying and heartbreaking, and I spent most of the day holding in tears while my friends went on rides and didn't understand how I was feeling.

Though I've lost 45 pounds, I still hold a LOT of my fat in my butt and thighs, and it makes me wonder if 45 pounds are enough. Theme park season is upon us... will I fit on the rides?

I was rushing this morning and grabbed a pair of shorts from my closet without a second thought and stuck them in my bag to change into after work. When I was changing, I pulled out the shorts and they seemed a lot bigger than I remembered. I buttoned and zipped them... and they fell right down to the floor.

They were the same shorts I wore that day at the theme park when I didn't fit on the rides.

Here's hoping I'll have an NSV later this summer about returning to the theme park and riding every single ride.
Awesome NSV!! I bet you will fit in no problem and enjoy every minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
imashark - You will do fine at the theme parks. I always had that fear of not fitting too and did sit the sidelines many times. I still hesitate before choosing a place to sit wondering if I will fit. Mind games we play LOL

Had a good WI yesterday and was down 3 in spite of my weird WI time. I am happy...moving closer and closer to the 180's....somewhere in that number I feel is my goal weight....
Awesome WI Sue

I hate when short work weeks seem long. I was off Monday and still thought today was Friday! I was very disappointed to realize it was only Thursday

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 180/

Height: 5'2

Travelingras where are you going in Europe ?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Shark - sounds like you got this I am just a worry wart & WOW!!!! Fantastic NSV! Just curious if the was Busch Gardens you had the problem with? We went a couple years ago when I was in the 210's and while I fit and didn't need the extenders it was a very near thing. Their seats just seemed extra small to me. Definitely want to take DD10 this summer as she's now tall enough for all the roller coasters
Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #51  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Shark - sounds like you got this I am just a worry wart & WOW!!!! Fantastic NSV! Just curious if the was Busch Gardens you had the problem with? We went a couple years ago when I was in the 210's and while I fit and didn't need the extenders it was a very near thing. Their seats just seemed extra small to me. Definitely want to take DD10 this summer as she's now tall enough for all the roller coasters
It WAS Busch Gardens. And when I realized that the seat was too small, they had another row switch with my row, and it was just as small. I had to leave the ride. :*(
I just wanted to die right there.

Last edited by ImASharkIPromise; 06-18-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #52  

Hi all

GNC has a 20% off sitewide sale today, if you're a GNC shopper.
Code JUNE20 @ checkout
Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Shark - fantastic NSV!!
I've been in that same situation, last time we went to six flags hubby had to ride almost everything with our son. We are going again in September and I am actually looking forward to it!
Old 06-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #54  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Lisa - thanks for the GNC discount -- they have a good price on the Quest chips when you buy by the case, too. $16 and some change for a box of 8 one-serving bags.

I weigh in today - after several weeks of 0 loss or fractional upticks, I am looking for a loss today - I will take whatever I get!!!

New discovery for me is Chai Latte a la Ideal Protein --- I made a pot of a new fave this morning - Twinings Chai decaf tea - and then I mixed up an IP Vanilla Drink mix. I set up a tall double walled plastic glass, filled halfway with ice, and added a cup of the tea, about 1/3 of the IP drink, and Stevia in the Raw.

yummmmy -- and especially enjoyable knowing I have 2 more servings just like the first (to finish off the Vanilla IP drink) that I can stretch through the morning, and still be right on track with my program!!!

I also like Bigelow Spiced Chai (maybe a bit stronger flavor) also available in decaf -- it will make this iced drink very well too. And, a person could easily have this as a hot drink instead of iced.

Today is Thursday so I am off to Quickstep class this evening -- I had a more advanced quickstep class last nite, and also put in an hour at the Wed nite dance party. Some Swing, Rumba, ChaCha, Tango and Waltz -- great way to finish off hump day!!! I highly recommend dancing - it's a great stress reliever and lot's of fun!

Last edited by oneuh2; 06-18-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
It WAS Busch Gardens. And when I realized that the seat was too small, they had another row switch with my row, and it was just as small. I had to leave the ride. :*(
I just wanted to die right there.
I hear ya! But NO more we can ride what we please

2 fantastic milestones today:
1) saw 179 on the scale! I am in the 17x world again for the first time in 10 years!
2) went into Urban Outfitters- saw the cutest dress! Saw the price tag and said "no way in with 30 pounds to go" but decided to take 5 minutes and try it on. I really teared up and couldn't stop smiling- it was so flipping cute on me! I almost went for it but couldn't justify spending $70 for a dress I might wear for a few months. I will go back when I reach goal though
Old 06-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

I LOVE reading all these NSV's today!!!!! Keep it up everyone! I'm headed shopping to find some cheap summer clothes to last me until i've reached my goal! Quick tip....If you need some capri's, hit the pant clearance sales! I wanted this cute pair of capri's and they were $59.99 and then I saw this cute rack of jeans and got a pair for $7.00 and cut them off and rolled them and they are just as cute as the other jeans.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #57  

ugh. Quest products don't qualify for the GNC "sitewide" sale.
Guess its really not sitewide...
Old 06-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #58  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
ugh. Quest products don't qualify for the GNC "sitewide" sale.
Guess its really not sitewide...
I was just in GNC earlier this week and they had the chips by the case of 8 on a deal, and the buy 3 get 1 free deal on bars.... with a GNC card, the full box of 12 has a special price too - what I have not seen on a deal is the Quest protein powders. I have yet to try the Peanut Butter that you and so many others rave about.... hoping for a good deal on the big cannister!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #59  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

OMG Shark: I went through something similar years ago at 6 flags when my kids were small and I was so embarrassed. Planning Disneyworld next summer and I plan to be MUCH smaller. What an awesome NSV for you - way to go!
Old 06-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #60  

Also planes are so much nicer now…. a much easier trip in a smaller body….
Closed Thread