Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default IP Weekday chat thread started June 8

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #2  

Hi all

I had a fantastic time at the lake. The only thing that would have made it better is if I could have gotten in the water b/c Sunday was close to 90 degrees and muggy! But there was a breeze and I stuck to the shade.

The 2nd degree burns on my abdomen from the accidental incident where I got scalded with hot water are pretty much healed over but I chose to avoid the lake water just to be sure. Water has a tendency to moisten things and I didn't want anything re-opening and becoming susceptible to infection.

In a way, I'm glad my tummy doesn't look that great anyway (stretch marks, sagging skin) because I'm not concerned at ALL about any scarring. I'd probably feel differently if I was in pursuit of some sort of "perfection".

I was visiting good friends who made sure that a lot of veggies were available when everyone was snacking. We also drank a lot of cucumber water. I think this is my new summer drink (but I'll use the water from my soda stream for bubbles).

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week planned. I have a couple more busy days/evenings this week and then I'm taking a "relax" day at the pool, since I'm on summer break and all!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-08-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #3  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

So important to remember...especially for people beginning to phase off! We don't return to old ways or we ended up the way we were!

Monday Motivation

Good reminder - Most thin people do NOT eat whatever they want, whenever they want. When dieting feels unfair, remind yourself that likely most people around you are also restricting their eating to some degree. If you’re working on dieting/healthy eating, you’re in very good company.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi all

I had a fantastic time a the lake. The only thing that would have made it better is if I could have gotten in the water b/c Sunday was close to 90 degrees and muggy! But there was a breeze and I stuck to the shade.

The 2nd degree burns on my abdomen from the accidental incident where I got scalded with hot water are pretty much healed over but I chose to avoid the lake water just to be sure. Water has a tendency to moisten things and I didn't want anything re-opening and becoming susceptible to infection.

In a way, I'm glad my tummy doesn't look that great anyway (stretch marks, sagging skin) because I'm not concerned at ALL about any scarring. I'd probably feel differently if I was in pursuit of some sort of "perfection".

I was visiting good friends who made sure that a lot of veggies were available when everyone was snacking. We also drank a lot of cucumber water. I think this is my new summer drink (but I'll use the water from my soda stream for bubbles).

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week planned. I have a couple more busy days/evenings this week and then I'm taking a "relax" day at the pool, since I'm on summer break and all!

Lisa, I don't know how your scalding accident happened but I'm so glad you are recovering. I had a similar accident happen to me about a year ago. I was boiling potatoes for potato salad for my son's birthday party. I dumped the contents of the pot into a colander in the sink and the hot water splashed back up out of the sink and onto my stomach. I had to wear stretchy pants for a week and use lots of Neosporin and gauze bandages. I have scarring that is now just sort of silvery lines that blends in with my stretch marks. I'll never be wearing a two piece bathing suit ever again(lots of extra saggy skin) but I know how painful that type of incident can be. Glad you had a good time out of the water.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I am back on IP after being gone a couple years. I have lost around 40lbs two seperate times on IP, but failed to phase off and thus failed to keep the weight off. I'm so tired of being unhappy. Like Lisa's sig says, being fat is hard. It's hard to dislike what you see in the mirror each and every morning.

Today is day 1. I had an IP chocolate shake for breakfast. I'm snacking on some IP herb crisps right now and headed to walmart in a few minutes for some veggies to keep in the freezer at work for lunches, including today. I'm going to look for muscle milk 100. Does anyone have any other suggestions for IP friendly foods that can be found at Wally World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So important to remember...especially for people beginning to phase off! We don't return to old ways or we ended up the way we were!

Monday Motivation

Good reminder - Most thin people do NOT eat whatever they want, whenever they want. When dieting feels unfair, remind yourself that likely most people around you are also restricting their eating to some degree. If you’re working on dieting/healthy eating, you’re in very good company.
Thanks for sharing this and for being such a strong presence on the boards. I remember you from each time I have done IP and you have always been such a rock! And you look great!!!!

Bre
Old 06-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #6  

Coloradogirl:
There is a thread for alternative products and it has LOTS of great ideas!
Welcome back
Old 06-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Lisa - so glad you are on the mend and enjoyed your weekend!

I made cucumber/lemon/lime water for today - and thanks to the person who posted suggestions over the weekend! I used the cucumber peels and it tastes just as good. Here's another recent article I read about infused water - some aren't Phase 1 compliant but it's a good read:
http://www.ideadigezt.com/infused-wa...-you-must-try/
Old 06-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Good Morning!

I am back on IP after being gone a couple years. I have lost around 40lbs two seperate times on IP, but failed to phase off and thus failed to keep the weight off. I'm so tired of being unhappy. Like Lisa's sig says, being fat is hard. It's hard to dislike what you see in the mirror each and every morning.

Today is day 1. I had an IP chocolate shake for breakfast. I'm snacking on some IP herb crisps right now and headed to walmart in a few minutes for some veggies to keep in the freezer at work for lunches, including today. I'm going to look for muscle milk 100. Does anyone have any other suggestions for IP friendly foods that can be found at Wally World?

Thanks for sharing this and for being such a strong presence on the boards. I remember you from each time I have done IP and you have always been such a rock! And you look great!!!!

Bre
The alt-thread is wonderful for information are you going 100% alt products or just to save a little money / mostly IP?

For RTD's, a few of us use the Atkins products- I really like the Royal Chocolate RTD (Wal Mart) - they also carry quite a few Walden Farm products - at least the ones in Northern VA do
Old 06-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #9  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Hello all!

After spending the beginning of the week in Chicago for work functions, and the end of the week attending (and hosting!) a bunch of parties, I knew not to expect a huge loss. I never had a cheat day, but I definitely wasn't as good as I was supposed to be- tasted a few unhealthy dishes I was cooking, ate more meat than I was supposed to, ate fattier ground meat than usual, was less vigilant about my vinegar choice, etc.

I still lost .8 pounds, so I'm proud of myself. I'm typically an all-or-nothing person, so being able to make good decisions for the majority of my meals and never falling completely of the wagon despite my hiccups all week is a huge deal. I'm back on IP 100% today and doing fine.

I also saw a picture from the party I hosted this weekend, and I finally see all my hard work paying off. I typically wear baggy vintage-style dresses, so the weight loss isn't as obvious. But I was in shorts and a form-fitting shirt yesterday, and I looked so good! XD

40 pounds down. 35 to go. XD
Old 06-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #10  

Shark congrats that is really awesome. It sounds like you’re building a lifestyle that works for you rather than just a diet, and I think that is super important to do while on P1.

Lisa glad to hear the weekend went OK. Read on another thread about your doctor situation - I hope you get into see the new one soon, let us know how it goes. I saw my doctor today, will post in the next day or two to give an update, maybe it will be helpful for you also.

Welcome coloradogirl .

Hello to everyone and hope the week goes really well.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-08-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #11  

ImASharkIPromise: What an accomplishment! Doesn't it feel good?

Grateful4Health: I actually found a doc who is new to a practice who could see me today (made calls yesterday). I made so many calls yesterday from friend referrals & kept hitting the "not accepting new patients" wall that I finally started cold-calling. We'll see if this works out but at least it is a start! I'd prefer an MD or DO who practices integrative medicine but none in my area area accepting new patients . Anyway, time to get the hormones under control!

Well, too bad the lake weekend didn't start today...I think the burns are finally healed enough to enter lake water again! Luckily it is 22 days to Lake Michigan!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-09-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the program-starting day 6 today. It's going well- the hunger is manageable I think in part to the water. For the most part- I feel pretty good. It seems like I have points in the day where I feel great and then not so much and then back to feeling great again. It's been a busy 6 days but I've been able to do what I needed to do. I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and tips. This forum is a wellspring of information! I feel like I have a 24 hour support system. Thursday is my weigh in and I will be back to let you know how I did. I want to lose around 32 pounds so I'm keeping in mind that my numbers may not be as high as my expectations. Again- thanks so much!
Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #13  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!!
It's been a while since I've been on the Boards, but I love the support and ideas here! I fell off the wagon a few months ago (I am a stress eater and was dealing with a great deal of stress.) Today is my first day of P1 on the alt. plan and I am looking forward to feeling healthier!

Just the tickers on here are inspirational...the weight you all have lost but also the weight you have kept off! Thank you for the inspiration this morning as I begin the journey again

Happy Monday!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #14  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Hooray, I have just a little over 20lbs to go to my fantasy weight!! Had my Monday WI and again just a little loss (1.4 lbs) and lost 1/4" each at the boobs and waist. If I look at the glass half full things, I've lost 30 pounds and 18 inches since 1/31.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #15  

Congrats Great Dane that is amazing- almost 1/2 way there, and a reboot to boot (pun intended).

Welcome back Vista - stress reduction for sure was a big part of sorting out my overall health and weight issues. I would definitely put some foolproof "tools" in place for when it happens, because it will happen. The year I was on P1 had about 15 major life stressors (I'm not exaggerating). At one point I just said "seriously? could anything else happen?". But the good thing was I stayed with it, and built a lot of fiber. I know the next two years of maintenance are going to be equally challenging, but I'm in it to win it, and these boards have been a huge support to me.

Welcome Esnonnie, glad your first week is coming along OK. The first week is generally the hardest for most people.

Lisa I'm glad you found a doctor - I hope the visit today goes well. If she's willing to work with you and run the tests you want, and go through trial and error with you on the meds, it might be worth it, even if she is new. My first doctor that started to help me a while back had just graduated (I ended up with him at a practice where I wanted to see the senior doctor but the day I showed up they gave me the "New guy" so I just tolerated it thinking at the end of the consult I would go ask for the doctor I scheduled with, but at the end of the consult I really liked him, and stayed with him for 2 years until I moved. He was so overeager to help me and so "up" on all the newest things, it worked out great for me. He was a great supporter, which I needed then because everything was so awful, and a great "coach" to me healthwise. He works on the East Coast where my parents live but I still go back to say hi whenever I'm in town.)

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-09-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread