Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #526  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Happy Thursday everyone! WI today and down 3.5. So happy with the progress to date. I read through the previous posts and you're all doing so well. Clothes are getting pretty loose. Lots of comments now from people really making me motivated to continue.
For the most part, I have no cravings...except there are still moments when I smell certain things and then I really have to fight for a few moments and then I'm fine again. Luckily I have 2 dogs that always want to go out for a walk so I can remove myself.
Blue: congrats on the loss, stick with it, you're doing great.
Hysteria: what a milestone! It feels great when your hard work pays off.
Destony: Me too, when things get tough, I remember how miserable I was when I was fat...and I never want to get there again. You definitely got mojo going on.
Keep strong everyone!
livinlrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #527  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone for encouragement on my pics, much appreciated! Trying to find a "before" pic was hard because I've tried to avoid ALL pictures for so long. Also, I couldn't believe how many are with my dog! Poor guy...

Ya'll's vacations are killing me! It's miserable here in CenTex and you guys are on dream vacas! So happy for you though. I'm living vicariously through you right now.

I'm in my last few days of P3, wish it was easier for me. My weight hasn't changed but I'm eating more fruit than I'm supposed to. I am hoping I can eat normally without feeling so stressed about it eventually.

Have a great weekend!
3bigdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:17 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

3BDI don't know if I mentioned it, but you look GREAT!!! MMMM fruit- I miss it-when I walk in to the grocery store and can smell the nectarines, or my b/f is downstairs cutting up his watermelon...and the smell wafts upstairs...it will all be out of season by the time I get to that point, but that's ok- there is next year!
livinCONGRATS on 3.5!! Great work!!
Someone asked me yesterday when I was going to be off my diet- and I told them, "I don't know- I don't want to stop - I love being in phase 1, I love losing the weight, and I love the simplicity of it! " I mean, I know, I'll always have to be conscious and think about what goes in to my mouth once I'm through and in to maintenance, but I love the simplicity of this.
Well, it's Friday- WAHOOO!! Longest 4 day week ever! I finally got just about completely caught up yesterday at work. So, I do feel better about things. This is "the big weekend" DS 's wedding is Sunday. The rehersal dinner is tomorrow night and the wedding is Sunday morning at 10:30. My only child, my son...it's a strange feeling, on so many levels. Something I never anticipated was the feeling of "disjointedness" being divorced. We should be sharing all of this as a family (his dad and I get along very well, no normal animosity between us) he works with his dad, I live 2 towns over (a total of 16 minutes away) and I might as well live in another state. I don't know, I'm going to stop because we know how I can get in to those long rambles when it's early in the morning. Well, if nothing else, I have a really sweet dress for tomorrow night and a totally kick *** dress for the wedding- so...this was the primary reason for jumping on the IP bandwagon, I didn't want to be the frumpy fat MOG, and you betcha, I'm not-lol. (his dad's g/f at the time, though older than us all, had a great figure..like I said, I wasn;'t going to be the fat frumpy one...
Anyways, though that was the primary reason, once it's over, I'm so glad that I had something to kick me in the butt to get going. I feel so much better and am going to keep on keepin on.
Thanks to all of you and your support- I can't imagine going on this journey without you all!!!
-and no worries- I plan to post pics of the dresses.
Have a great weekend one and all!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #529  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Linda, I'm looking forward to hearing about the wedding (and the pics, of course).. There will be tears - always at weddings, can't be avoided ....but I hope only a few (if any) are sad ones and most are happy and joyful.
Have a fun time, and make lots of memories!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #530  
Started 2/12/2015

Linda, I think you'll do great in maintenance. As for the wedding, omg are you going to be a star!

But it feels good to feel good! You are going to rock that wedding.

I, too, have one son. He is single (and seems to be enjoying that a bit too much), but I know that is going to be a day of conflicting emotions for me when it comes. We all wish you and the family the best - and let's see that dress...
Old 08-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Definitely need a pic of the MOG rocking it in her dress

Today was interesting - an 11 hour Gulf Stream fishing trip. Linda is the boater lol- I got severely sea sick about 3 hours in and ended up having to drink about 1/2 a small can of ginger ale - real Seagrams ginger ale with sugar boy did it (and a large does of Dramamine) help - but it was my official first real off plan item since 1/31

We did pull up 35#s of fresh fish - yum!!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #532  
Started 2/12/2015

Oh Beth, that sounds miserable. Was it rough waters? Hope the weather is cooperating. As for the ginger ale: gotta do what you have to do. Anything to feel better.

Living that's a great weight loss! By the time I was 3 months in I was down to 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. You must be feeling like a whole new you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:59 PM   #533  

My DH actually went on an off shore fishing trip, in NJ, as Sandy was coming up the coast - I guess comparatively speaking, it wasn't that bad - but yah, the waves were 4 - 6 ft- it's been storming off shore for 2 weeks from what I heard. My mistake was not taking the Dramamine before we left - and poor DD10 was sick as a dog too and slept the whole trip (when she wasn't getting sick).
I still had a blast and can only imagine how much more fish we would've caught if I had been able to fish the whole time (I finally had to take a quick nap)
I certainly was not the only one out there yesterday having issues - DH said at least 50% of the people on board got sick

So, last big P2(ish) breakfast this morning. After it eating most of yesterday I was pretty famished this morning. 2 eggs, green onion, a little diced ham, sprinkle of cheese, proti diet blueberry pancake and 2 slices of turkey bacon.
Back to P1 tomorrow. Getting up at 5:30a to beat the horrible NoVa weekend traffic and be home by 2pm. DH and I both took Monday off - DD10's last first day of elementary school *sniff* so we will have an extra day to rest / catch up / do laundry etc

So far so good with the 1/2 can of ginger ale. Absolutely not using this as any kind of leeway for a cheat - but crossing my fingers I didn't knock myself out of ketosis with the 13g of sugar / hfcs
Old 08-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #534  
Started 2/12/2015

Beth, you've come WAY too far to derail on 1/2 can of ginger ale. Even if you are out of ketosis you'll be back in in a day or two so no worries. I had a brief affair with a cookie this week... I'm back though, no permanent damage.
And I wasn't needing it because I was sick, lol, so you are doing great.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #535  

I'm having the most awful craving for popcorn
I'm on my own this weekend, DH and DS are off to a baseball game in Cleveland. So I've had an early supper, and decided I'd curl up and watch a nice movie, and you know what goes perfectly with a movie, don't you

I can just hear you all scolding me and telling me that's a BAD IDEA
which of course is why I'm here,

I've been pretty good with resisting tempatation when it's right in front of me, but sometimes old habits rear their ugly head... before IP, lots of times when I was on my own for an evening, a movie and popcorn (with BUTTER!!) was not an uncommon occurrence.

OK then, glad you talked me out of it Maybe I'll just go have a cup of tea.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #536  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
Beth, you've come WAY too far to derail on 1/2 can of ginger ale. Even if you are out of ketosis you'll be back in in a day or two so no worries. I had a brief affair with a cookie this week... I'm back though, no permanent damage.
And I wasn't needing it because I was sick, lol, so you are doing great.
Lol Mary
An affair with a cookie eh?
I know I'm being silly even thinking about it - I made it through 9 days of vacation 90% OP and proud
Sitting in Kirks ice cream shoppe right now (the peanut butter ice cream is so amazing!) but sipping on water and really not hungry - had 8oz of curried chicken in a spinach salad...and enjoying looking good in my white pants

Blue - hope you avoided the popcorn monster! I'll bet there is an IP substitute...crunchy...buttery...hmmm - savory zucchini chips ?
Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #537  

BethI am so sorry about being seasick!! That's the worst. I have only been sick (queasy,no throwing up) once and that was 31 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. My BF, who is an old salt, works for the Oceanographoc institute, when they went searching for the French airliner that went down- the only thing we didn't prepare fpr was seasick- and where they were-all the currents and everytihg - comes together- he was sick the whole 6 weeks- we couldn't believe it.
Congratulations for staying OP for your vacation!!! That's so great- and make sure you brag about it!! I am telling lots of people that I went on vacation and still managed to lose 3 lbs! VICTORY I OURS!! (Success, however, remains to be seen with our commitment) (I can't let myself get cocky over this or I will fall flat on my face)
So much to catch up with from everyone- I wish we could individually reply to each post. I feel bad, because I forget to respond to someone. I hope no one takes that personally- I would feel horrible if they did. I appreciate everyones comments.
So, TODAY is the day- and i don't mind saying- last night when I looked at myself in the mirror before the rehearsal dinner- THIS.DIET.IS.WORTH.EVERY.BLOODY.PENNY!!! I felt AMAZEBALLS!! and I looked it too- The dress I wore, came out of my moms closet- she's tiny (so now, it's pretty big on her-but) when I originally tried it on- it was like it was fitted- last night- with NO shaper or naything- it hung- it hung! on me!! I got to wear a cute black lace bra I haven't worn in eons...OMG ladies- I just couldn't believe it!! I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow night- I have to start getting ready soon. I can't wait to put the dress on...what was pretty cool- (call me a juvenile, or anything else you'd like- but) we were waiting on my former husband and his mom to arrive at the hall, everyone else was there- I stepped out to go to the lasies room- and well, I got to make a grand entrance.... I noticed a little jaw drop.... I'm feeling unusually vain- I'm sure this will pass, but it's been a long 6 months at times....and not as doable with out the support of all of you!!!
Okay- off to make breakfast- I am going to have a fine herb omelette pack and 4 oz of chicken breast. I have a pack of soy nuts to stash in clutch, luncheon should be around noonish- and I may, or may not indulge in cake...I still haven't decided. That's going to be a decision in the moment. My coach and I discussed how to handle it all today- so I'm ready- (at least I think I am...)
Everyone have a great Sunday!!! Talk to you all later!
Old 08-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #538  

Beth - glad to hear the seasick ickies have passed, and you're back to enjoying your vacation.
for staying mostly OP, we all know how hard it is when you're on holiday, and there are s-o-o-o many temptations - Peanut butter ice cream would probably be my downfall but I know how "one bite leads to another"

...and yes, I did resist the popcorn monster, made a batch of IP banana/oatmeal mini muffins instead, and munched on them with my tea

Linda- good for you for making jaws drop at the rehearsal. I can just picture it. Bet you were the topic of a lot of conversations . As for being vain - I'd say 6 long months of commitment to this diet gives you every right to be proud of how great you look! Have a great day today. Can't wait to see pics

Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #539  

Back home! I love the mental rest vacation brings but happy to be in my own house, own bed, familiar settings

Linda - sorry, I've only been able to post on my phone for the last week - YOU ROCK!!!!!!! I am so happy for you making jaws drop - hope your ex got a nice, long look!!! I know you said you've gotten along over the years, but still, what a THRILL!!! Really hope today went as planned and your son's day was remarkable and memorable for everyone.
Picture(s) please when you can

Blue - big thumbs up on avoiding the popcorn! mmm - guessing the banana flavor comes from one of the 0/0/0 syrups?

livnlrg - congrats on the loss!

Sorry for anything / anyone I missed - 3FC forum on a phone is just kind of a pain...

Back to P1 today and I'm feeling it. I am having a fairly large dinner though (steak) and probably won't get a real accurate idea of where I am until Tuesday morning. I know when I weighed Thursday, I was down in the 150's and weighing when we got in, in my clothes, was just a tick over 160

Still humbled and amazed at this plan
Old 08-31-2015, 05:01 AM   #540  

Default Okay, if I did it right...

11220465_10205084284171068_3690453108187854982_n.jpg

THE dress....and I got so many compliments- I felt incredible. I did have some cake- probably less tan a quarter of a piece. I did give it to my boyfriends, because I knew if I kept it in front of me, I would keep nibbling away. Oher than the cake, I stayed OP. No stuffed mushrooms or terryaki chicken kabobs, I had salad, prime rib and traded my baked potato for the steamed zucchini and summer squash- and drank a boatload of water. Now, time to get ready for work- almost wish I had taken today off to sleep in. It's been a hectic weekend and I am exhausted. Everyone have a great Monday!!!!

Last edited by Destony; 08-31-2015 at 05:05 AM.