Old 06-07-2015, 02:16 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I am still far from maintenance but I must confess that keeping the weight off troubles me more than actually losing it. I have POS and it will be more difficult for me if I keep eating too many carbs after the program. However, I don't want a high fat eating style either. I am using my progress time to research and think about it. In any case perhaps a balanced diet with carbs but not many and healthy fats may be the best choice. I agree that trial and error may be the best bet. I think the battle with the scale will never really be over! hehehe
dickinsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #77  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to share a NSV that I had yesterday. I went shopping for clothes and I tried on a dress that is quite form hugging when I saw myself in the mirror I started to cry. All this hard work and determination to be able to look in the mirror and like and be proud of what I see just overwhelmed me....needless to say I bought the dress
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
I just wanted to share a NSV that I had yesterday. I went shopping for clothes and I tried on a dress that is quite form hugging when I saw myself in the mirror I started to cry. All this hard work and determination to be able to look in the mirror and like and be proud of what I see just overwhelmed me....needless to say I bought the dress
Way to go Arobed! Itis moments like these that we have to think of when we want of give up or we have cravings fot that junk food...whatever our vice is.
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickinsp View Post
Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I am still far from maintenance but I must confess that keeping the weight off troubles me more than actually losing it. I have POS and it will be more difficult for me if I keep eating too many carbs after the program. However, I don't want a high fat eating style either. I am using my progress time to research and think about it. In any case perhaps a balanced diet with carbs but not many and healthy fats may be the best choice. I agree that trial and error may be the best bet. I think the battle with the scale will never really be over! hehehe
I know what you are talking about...P1 you eat what you are told...

I just read on site site of Refuse to regain that one of the problems is that people chose a weight that is too low...she explained that it is better to habe a slighty higher weight that you can maintain instead of a lower one that you will struggle with since part of getting there was following our strict protocol.
This really made sense for me. This being said the fact that we will need to make choices and figure it out is scary. I also have been reading the many threads to get information from all our IPeeps sisters who are in maintenance and are doing great!
For me finding this website has saved me...I am not perfect but I am trying to learn from my mistakes! I just love all the motivational quotes. I use some in my classroom...exam time coming up...
One thing I like to tell people is that the greatest basket ball player of all time (michael Jordan) did not make his basket ball team in high school during his first try out...imagine if he would of gave up!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarier View Post
Hello, all!

I had my 3rd WI today and I am just so darned happy and pleased. Down 7.5 lbs this week (first week eating no red meats) for a total of 22.7 pounds. My first mini-goal was to lose 25 lbs before husband and I left on June 18th for our cruise. I think it's safe to say that I will be accomplishing that goal.
Way to go Tarier!!! Doesn't it feel great and giddy all over when the hard work pays off! Where are you going on your cruise?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post

Congrats! What an awesome NSV!

13 - that is an interesting theory and as I inch closer to the finish line, have started thinking about this. I've been overweight since I was 6 though so have absolutely no idea...I can't say 'well I was a size X in college'...I've never been anything lower than a 10 since I was a kid. Think I need to Kindle this book - and others - to get my head around this issue (not that I am complaining)

dickinsp - The first time I got to a normal BMI / 150#'s was with low carb and I know from 12 years of off / on low carbing, that is the best way for me to eat...I just need to be 100 cognizant this time of how different carbs are effecting me. I know there are some lower GI things that don't send me off the deep end - but all my time LC'ing, its been combining carbs with fat - sweet potato with butter, for example - and this is a pretty big no-no apparently. It is going to be a learning curve & I am ready to learn

Thought I was done with off-cycle TOM issues, but apparently not It was a horrible 4 days of PMS, followed by this ridiculously slow flo - thought I was done Thursday (7 days) and then yesterday, I felt crampy and icky again and guess who was back for round 2? BLAH!!!!!!

I have the added 'excitement' of a Mirena IUD, so before IP, light TOM's was the norm (and the off-cycle spotting took about 6 months to level out). I'm not worried anything is wrong - just annoyed as heck

On the bright side, this should mean fat is burning (fat holds estrogen)

Also, going to add a new veggie to the repertoire this week - rhubarb! Janeva posted a recipe for a "dump cake" - I've never made one, regular or otherwise, but it sounds amazing!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3400...5229934016815/
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hysteria & others: rhubarb is a saviour for all those gals on P1 really missing their fruit! Plus you can use the oatmeal packet in some recipe similar to Rhubarb Crisp (never done it myself though). To sweeten I like a little squirt of Nesfrutta (raspberry flavour) or Mio (fruit punch) water enhancers - they work great for a bit more interesting flavour. There's always good old stevia if nothing else.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #83  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I am still on the search for rhubarb here in Texas. My produce guy didn't even know what it was! Nowhere have I found it, even in the freezer section! I am so disappointed! I, too, get a lot of recipes/ideas from Janeva on FB. She goes beyond what my mind can imagine at times! For my "fruit" I guess I'll be sticking to my chayote and some assorted WF products. I really like the orange marmalade mixed in with the vanilla pudding and made it into a "milkshake"; tastes like my childhood fav - the orange dreamsicle!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #84  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning! I'm on day 1 of my third time on IP. I have lost 40 lbs on IP two times before in past years. I got married and gained everything back plus some.

I'm feeling hungry and grumpy. My desk is right next to the office breakroom which is killer when I'm eating like my usually piggish self... Today it especially sucks.

Well, fellow IPers, I'm sorry to have come here without contributing anything positive... but I can't complain about it to my coworkers. Their responses would be a resounding ,"quit!"

I'm going to spend some time backtracking on this thread getting to know you all. Thanks for letting me vent. I'll be back!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 167.2/164.8/140-145

Hi all! First WI on Saturday -- 2.4 pounds. I wish it was more, but considering that I am just a little overweight, it may be slow going for me. I will be out of town for the next 2 WI's - so I am hoping that when I get back, I will have lost 4-6 pounds. I will try to weigh myself on Saturdays just to keep myself accountable!
katyindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 167.2/164.8/140-145

Coloradogirl -- welcome. Sorry about feeling hungry and grumpy. You just need to make it through the first week and you will feel better. The first week is the worst. Let yourself go to sleep early and take some lazy nights at home this week to make it easier!

Frawnie -- I hope Texas is treating you well. I like your idea about a dreamsicle -- I loved those growing up, I may try!

Arobed -- congrats on the NSV!! It is lovely to put on clothes and feel good about yourself isn't it?? I am currently a 10 and occasional 8 -- but I have a whole box of 6/8 clothes from last summer. I keep reminding myself that 10-15 pounds is a dress size so if I stick this out a couple months, I will have a whole box of clothes to wear -- or at least some of them will fit (maybe not the 6's) It will be like a whole new wardrobe

EOE -- Happy Monday!
katyindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

WTG Katyindc! Great start, and hopefully your hormones will be a little more in balance soon for a smoother ride!
Welcome coloradogirl

The thing to remember at the start is this isn't just a single phase weight loss and then 'back to regular life' diet. We need to change our relationship to food to continue at our healthier weight once the extra fat is gone.
Third time's the charm...

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Awesome NSV this morning! I comfortably got in to a pair of size 14 Levi's that I haven't worn in about eight years!!! Weigh in tomorrow , boy, this diet is awesome, best Monday in weeks!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Hi everyone! Awesome NSV this morning! I comfortably got in to a pair of size 14 Levi's that I haven't worn in about eight years!!! Weigh in tomorrow , boy, this diet is awesome, best Monday in weeks!!!
Congrats Destony!!!!

katy - you are on your way!

colorado - Congrats on the prior successes and I am sure you can make it this time - we got your back totally empathize with you on the 'hangries' - it DOES get better once ketosis kicks in, but there are still days...having one myself today and I am getting better at recognizing my triggers - today was (work) stress & instead of eating (or drinking) it away, try to take a walk (stormed tonight) come here, read, play Bubble Witch - new habits to replace the old

frawnie - sorry about the lack of rhubarb in TX - found out tonight our local Food Lion does not carry it so still wasn't able to make the Compote

Tarier - holy cow - those are 3 weeks of amazing WI's!!!

Wasn't joking about being hungry tonight - ate dinner, still hungry, drank water, still hungry, did salt / potassium...finally had my evening snack a little early and tamed the beast. Still trying to learn true hunger from boredom. I think it was left over stress from work today...really wish I had been able to go for a walk and let some steam off
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

Ladies I have a question. How much your ring size changed? So far my ring went from size 6,5 to 5. I have resized my wedding band but I wonder if I should resize the e-ring as I am not sure if my finger will still shink. I lost 28lb so far and I still have at least 40lb to go. The ladies that lost a lot of weight, when did your finger stop to shrink?
dickinsp is offline   Reply With Quote