Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #121  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

No question - as we approach goal, if it turns out that we are one of the IPeeps whose losses slow, and who gets hungry and begins eating extra packets, or something not on program, and then has small upticks and can't seem to just stay with the P1 protocol all the way to goal..... then we begin questioning if we have run the gamut and we are just not going to make it any lower.... and then all the self-questioning begins about whether the goal is a good one.... it's a mental cycle of chaos on the brain.

And a good description of where I am -- uptick at today's official IP weigh in - up .2 of lb - thank goodness it was only that much! Meanwhile I am trying to get my act together and quit sliding off the path.

Either a new bra, or just the periodic body shifting/adjustment resulted in 1 inch down at bustline and a half inch off hips.... fat percentage down a full percentage point too. These are good signs and I'll take 'em!!!

CenTxChk and OhZoe - hang in!! You both seem to be doing well navigating new territory, IMHO.

DD - I too LOVE the parka you made - I admire anyone who can produce a straight seam with a sewing machine, and I especially admire anyone who can set in sleeves!! Way to go! I love the fur trim, too!!!!

Sue - thinking of you every day -- let us know of anything we can do to support you.

Briael - SOOOOO glad to see you back here in the IP forum!!!! Love your photo with your sister!

Motivation quote from my cache for today....

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

You guys are all the best and I thank you for it!

I am reading all about phasing off and goals and gaining and re-losing and frankly is scares the Poop out of me But I have come this far and I need to dig deep and find the faith in myself to make it to goal and stay there (or as near to there as possible) This morning my Aria was very very kind and showed me 194...I am so close to the 180's I can smell them and they smell good LOL..

Yesterday DH had a xray and visit with the surgeon who released him. All is healing well and the type of cancer he has will most likely not require any more surgery. Next week should be the big final diagnosis week and PET scan and meet with oncologist to see how we are going to fight this beast.

I still have not waivered from my IP course....timings of food are off a bit with the added burden of Dr. schedules, but I plan on taking care of myself too throughout this bump in the road. Every day I can slip into my size 14's and they fit is a good day LOL...

Tomorrow we have our All Day Fair at the High School followed by our annual powder puff game. I will be there all day running a tricky tray for the PTSA. I will have my cooler packed with lunch and snacks...
Old 06-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Thanks One, set in sleeves are HARD, I had never done them before and it did take me a few tries to get it! And great job looking at the positives or your none lb losses, even though we know they are just as important, it's hard to ignore the scale and not let it bother us.

Sue, you are amazing, I am so inspired by your strength and commitment during such a stressful time. And you are so close to the 180s!!! You must be so excited about that. I hope that next week's final diagnosis comes quickly for you both and that treatment can be started right away. Enjoy the fair, and you are prepared to resist any temptations!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

I have hit the wall! Have been eating everything is sight for the past week! Praying it is only temporary and not a sign that I'm slipping. I hate the way I feel - sluggish, bloated, tired. Woke up today with renewed conviction not to let myself slip. Glad the weekend is here as that is usually my best time to stay focused. Repeating my mantra from a previous quote I saw on Lisa's board: "Losing weight is hard, maintenance is hard, being fat is hard - Pick your hard."
Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

One - sorry about your uptick, but what fabulous NSV's on your measurements and fat %!!!! I've been slipping a little here and there too, let's get back on the straight and narrow together.

Sue - continued prayers for you and hubby with all the ups and downs. Hope next week's appt comes with more clarity on what's needed to kick that cancer to the curb!

Sweetvt - sorry you're struggling, maybe you're heading for a whoosh? (Last time I had the "hungries" Liana predicted one for me and she was right.)

Every day is a new day, a chance to start fresh. I don't know if any of you listen to Christian music, but Matthew West is one of my favorites, here are the lyrics from the chorus to his song "Day One":

It's day one of the rest of my life
It's day one of the best of my life
I'm marching on to the beat of a brand new drum
Yeah, here I come
The future has begun
Day one

I actually hauled myself out of bed early this morning and went walking in the park. It's been a while since I've been able to get out and do it, and WAY too hot in the afternoons now. Made a plan with hubby this week, for me to try and get out a couple mornings a week (alternating with him going to the gym), and starting in July adding yoga back on Saturday mornings.

Busy weekend ahead for me, with kiddo's baseball tournament games Saturday and Sunday. Planning to pack extra packets, turkey, veggies and water.

Last edited by JJTx; 06-12-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
You guys are all the best and I thank you for it!

I am reading all about phasing off and goals and gaining and re-losing and frankly is scares the Poop out of me But I have come this far and I need to dig deep and find the faith in myself to make it to goal and stay there (or as near to there as possible)
Sue, you are having huge wins with yourself in the midst of a very challenging situation. I think you can look at this as building fiber for the future, and maybe that will give you strength about going into maintenance and your ability to succeed.

I am starting to look at my fear about maintaining as the proper amount of respect for the battle. I think the danger would be if I just felt like "no big deal" and just started inching back up the scale. I think the fact that upticks bother me is OK. I just have to decide how big of an uptick. This is a whole new phase for me, and giving myself space to fail but then adjust keep going - which changes the "failure" to a learning win.

oneuh & JJtx - loved both your inspirational quotes, thank you.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-12-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #127  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvt View Post
I have hit the wall! Have been eating everything is sight for the past week! Praying it is only temporary and not a sign that I'm slipping. I hate the way I feel - sluggish, bloated, tired. Woke up today with renewed conviction not to let myself slip. Glad the weekend is here as that is usually my best time to stay focused. Repeating my mantra from a previous quote I saw on Lisa's board: "Losing weight is hard, maintenance is hard, being fat is hard - Pick your hard."
You and I must be in the same space/time continuum on our journeys!!! Between Sunday and Tuesday of last week (those 2 days) I sucked down a bunch of non-IP compliant foods, including extra Quest and IP bars on Sunday, and Fiber One bars, gourmet bakery cookies, a package of crackers and cheese on Tuesday. What the heck is the matter with me???? My latest signature quote says I am too smart to pull these maneuvers on myself.... but those 2 days I was NOT smart at all.

I know, beneath the immediate sense of feeling hungry, that it really is emotional eating (feeling upset with myself because I have been procrastinating on some important tasks that I need to get done at home and at work), and sometimes boredom eating.

That quote in Lisa's signature line is SOOOO true - it's a quote by Ishbel who is an IPeep here on 3FC... she has a couple more recent quotes that she has in her current signature line -- with thoughts that are especially pertinent for you and me right now:
“If you don't look after your body, where will you live?" - Kobi Yamada
"If I go back to what I was, I will be what I was. I don't want to be what I was, I want to be what I am." – Ishbel
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

For those struggling, keep strong and I'm hoping for a good OP weekend for you all to motivate and encourage you to keep going!
Old 06-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #129  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
One - sorry about your uptick, but what fabulous NSV's on your measurements and fat %!!!! I've been slipping a little here and there too, let's get back on the straight and narrow together.

Every day is a new day, a chance to start fresh. I don't know if any of you listen to Christian music, but Matthew West is one of my favorites, here are the lyrics from the chorus to his song "Day One":

It's day one of the rest of my life
It's day one of the best of my life
I'm marching on to the beat of a brand new drum
Yeah, here I come
The future has begun
Day one
Love your lyrics, Jen -- I cannot believe you are slipping, but if you say so, then - Yes! let's get back on the wagon together.

Re: your lyrics.... here's a related thought that follows the same general direction- another item I found while researching motivation quotes:
You don’t need a 'new year' to make a change… All you need is a day. Make this the week you change your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1
Yesterday DH had a xray and visit with the surgeon who released him. All is healing well and the type of cancer he has will most likely not require any more surgery. Next week should be the big final diagnosis week and PET scan and meet with oncologist to see how we are going to fight this beast.
Sue -- you are a paragon! I know you and DH are going to tackle the treatment plan with your usual attention to detail and persistence to get it right. There are some new delivery mechanisms for chemo therapy that seem to focus the medication more directly on the cancer and have less effects on the healthy tissues and systems than they used when my husband fought his battle.... 60 minutes tv show did a piece on this recently. Hopefully your hubby's treatment will be able to take advantage of some of those new techniques. I hope you are finding time to check out Clinical Trials on National Institutes of Health, too -- you never know what might be out there enrolling patients with your husband's condition, and there in New Jersey and so close to NYC, you may be right in the center of a lot of significant efforts - I am sure you will ask your oncologist about whether there are any possibilities so you can consider whether they would be useful as you embark on treatment. So many strides have been made since my DH was diagnosed in 2002 -- I am confident that your situation will be quite different because of the advances in treatment types and the ways they deliver treatment now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health
I am starting to look at my fear about maintaining as the proper amount of respect for the battle. I think the danger would be if I just felt like "no big deal" and just started inching back up the scale. I think the fact that upticks bother me is OK. I just have to decide how big of an uptick. This is a whole new phase for me, and giving myself space to fail but then adjust keep going - which changes the "failure" to a learning win.
G4H - This is a very thought-provoking comment -- I think that shifting perspective from 'fear' to 'respect' is a very good goal to pursue in maintenance. Fear-based behavior is seldom productive over the long haul, that's for sure.

SEEKING HELP: In an attempt to deal with my procrastination that's feeding my need for emotional eating, I need some help and I wonder if someone here on 3FC IP could help me.... I need some extra money, and I need some extra space in my home -- I have a bunch of stuff I really would like to sell on EBay or Craigslist. Is anyone out there really good at doing this, and willing to connect with me offline via email and phone, maybe even Facetime or Skype, to help me figure out where to begin, learn the process and get things going to actually sell stuff?

If you think you could help me out, please reach out via private message and let me know-- thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help me. I know that making in-roads in dealing with the excess stuff in my life will be a stress reliever, and that will help me deal with the constant 'hungries' that are really about emotional needs to feed.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #130  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Well I just got back some great bloodwork results!

My last bloodtest was in October of 2014 ...
and my current bloodtest was done on Wednesday (call it June 2015)

Here is a Summary of my Improvements over the past 8 months. My doctor practically fell over in her chair.

WEIGHT:
Weight fell from 302 to 219 (down 83 pounds, still 19 lbs overweight tho)

BLOOD PRESSURE:
Blood Pressure fell from 125/80 to 115/70 (healthy)

LIPIDS:
Total Cholesterol fell from 235 (high) to 192 (healthy) ... under 200 is the goal
LDL (Bad) Cholesterol fell from 173 (high) to 136 (a tiny bit high still, needs to be 130 or less)
HDL (Good) Cholesterol increased from 35 (too low) to 41 (good, protective) ... over 40 is the goal
My Total/HDL Ratio fell from 6.7 (high) to 4.7 (healthy) ... under 5.0 is the goal
Tryglycerides (Fat in the Blood) fell from 133 (a little high) to 75 (squeaky clean, non fatty blood)

BLOOD SUGAR:
My A1C (90 day average) blood sugar fell from 5.9% (pre-diabetic) to 5.6% (healthy normal) ... 5.6 or less is the goal
My fasting blood sugar fell from 129 (diabetic/high) to 99 (healthy/normal) ... under 100 is the goal

INFLAMMATION:
C-Reactive Protein Inflamation Marker fell from 20.7 (Extremely High) to 4.1 (Borderline High). The goal is 3.0 or lower.

LIVER AND KIDNEYS:
Normal before and Normal after, but the numbers all showed slight improvements in organ function.

VITAMIN D:
Vitamin D went from 25 (Low) to 38 (Healthy) ... numbers between 30 and 100 is the healthy goal

Note that I had to take 5000 mg of Vitamin D3 a day to get this jump, so I increased my intake to 8000 mg a day (starting today) since numbers closer to 80 are even better for the immune system. I probably could even go to 10,000 a day.

THYROID:
I am hypothyroid (too low) so I've been taking levothyroxin since 1990. However they found I can reduce my dosage by about 20% after this recent big weight loss.

Note that Levothyroxin is the only prescription I take. So all these great changes were just ME!!! with no additional drugs/prescriptions.

My doctor was shocked that I could control my high cholesterol through diet, exercise, and weight loss only. She's been trying to get me on Statins for a while. And I am completely non-diabetic now.

So all this struggle we all go through isn't just about looking better, it's also impacting our health in deeper ways. Yes, it's hard, but I guarantee it's worth it!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 06-12-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #131  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Looks like June is "one of those months" for many of us. We've been down the diet fatigue road before, ladies, so let's have a concerted effort and get back to good habits.

Gosh Cheryl, I really wish I could help but I am as clueless on Ebay as you claim to be. I'm also in need of clearing out endless boxes, clothes, bric-a-brac and various other non-needed accumulations from well-meaning relations. If we don't have any experienced Ebayers then I think I'll go have a scout around their help files and see what is involved. I suppose there is always Craig's List - which appears a little easier.

Alexandra: Great results there, girl. Perhaps doctors shouldn't be in such a hurry to put patients on statins, rather than addressing the cause itself. Seems that too many of them are scared to tackle the subject of obesity with patients who clearly need help.

Down a little more today, but gosh what a pig out I had yesterday. At least today saw a return to the gym and slightly better eating, but I am still not in the right mental space yet. It's driving me crazy.

Last edited by Briael; 06-12-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #132  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Have I been hogging all the willpower? Sorry

I will do a little magic spell to blow the willpower fairy dust back onto everyone that is struggling.

I've still been losing, but a bit more slowly than previously. I am still doing my 3 mile walk every morning up and down steep hills in my neighborhood -- and I think that's helping me stay on track with losses. But still, to be fair, I am a lot further from goal weight than many of you -- so I might be in your shoes within the next month.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 06-13-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I posted about taking a parka class a while back and I can finally say it's done! We only had class once a week and I'm an novice, so I think I did pretty good. And just in time for summer though with the weather we've been having I may just need it yet! lol
Freakin AWESOME job DD!! So professional looking for your novice skill level (as you call it ). Since I sew too, I know what all the underlying framework takes for a project like this, although I've never done a parka (most difficult stuff for me was men's & women's structured suits). It looks beautiful!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking of you, Sue. Hang in there, be strong for yourself, so you can be strong for hubby.
Nice work, Avalon!! The numbers say it all. I think the docs go for the statins because most people will at least take them, most will not seriously buckle down and find their weight loss solution. Just the way it is...
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-12-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvt View Post
Hang in there. I certainly have not gotten to the point of eating non OP foods (large fear of gaining all my weight back overnight LOL) I have however had the occasional extra packet or 2 binge. I know what you are feeling ...hang in there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Sue, you are having huge wins with yourself in the midst of a very challenging situation. I think you can look at this as building fiber for the future, and maybe that will give you strength about going into maintenance and your ability to succeed.

oneuh & JJtx - loved both your inspirational quotes, thank you.
I serioulsy hope I have built some kind of foundation. LOL....I have to dig deep sometimes, but I do not want to be back to where I was. I hated that version of me that had no self control.

Oneuh - Yes there are great strides in the treatment and I am hopeful for a long future with Hubby. He is totally ready to fight and the fact that he really feels perfectly fine (except for the soreness in the ribs)

Off to the school fair today. Last year I did not order a T shirt because I was embarassed by the size I needed...so this year I am sporting my XL T shirt that honeslty I probably should have ordered a Large..its kinda big! LOL

DS is going out with friends tonight so its me and Hubby alone. We were alone last night too since DS went to the movies...
Old 06-13-2015, 08:48 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
DS is going out with friends tonight so its me and Hubby alone. We were alone last night too since DS went to the movies...
Hubba hubba. Take advantage girl. And love you NSV, already too big XL t-shirt. Those are the type of wins that really help keep me going.

I am sending my favorite peeps lots of This diet almost seems cyclical in this kind of issue. A lot of us coming up on one year P1, is why motivation and persistence is a big theme for me personally right now. I even started changing some of my passwords that I used at work everyday to motivational words.

Post your favorite words/motivational thoughts on your bathroom mirror, fridge, pantry...wherever. The Beck Diet Solution recommends writing an Advantages Response Card listing all of the reasons why you want to stick to your diet. I have mine on the notes section of my phone and try to pull it up daily and update it often. I posted it here once but they are all the reasons why I never want to regain the weight. Sometimes I need a daily reminder of how far I've come.

My blasted Aria has me holding steady at 151. Got to 150.6 one day this week but haven't seen it again. Had walked every night Mon-We'd and then have slacked off the last 2 days. I need to be more consistent and make time for working out. I really need to hire a trainer if for no other reason than putting $$ on the line will make me show up.

Thought we were going to enjoy a fairly laid back, sports free weekend. Alas, it is not to be. My DD and I are volunteering at the Ronald McDonald house this morning followed by a basketball and indoor soccer game tonight.

Also going to see my car at the body shop. Did I ever tell you ladies that I am restoring a 1978 280z? Been a multi-year project with a friend who has been teaching me about cars. Finally dismantled the thing last year and sent it off for rust repair, body work and paint while we rebuilt the engine. Going to check it out today as it is ready before paint. Hoping to get it back in another week or so and then we can start putting it back together. Will be interested to see how my new body will help the process crawling under the car, leaning into the engine bay, etc. Excited!
Closed Thread