Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #91  

Sue I echo everything all wrote above. Maybe you can look at keeping your health at its optimum as a support for your husband's health.
I send you lots of good thoughts and like the others I don't know much about the diagnosis but hope that CenTx's encouragement is helpful to you.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Sue -- very sorry to hear what you and hubby are going through. Sending big virtual hugs to you and sending positive karma for a healthy outcome.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Okay, so I am tired of the scale not budging (or going up) in P2. I am on the fence about P1’ing it until Monday to see if I can drop this weight I’ve gained. Would I totally screw myself up if I went back to P1 for the rest of the week? Not sure I have 5 days worth of IP foods but I could go find some quest chips or something.

As it is I only added one hardboiled egg to my lunch today instead of the 6-8ozs of protein I’ve typically been eating for lunch.

Already regretting not going slightly below goal to give myself some cushion.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

CenTX -- is this your first or second week of P2? My weight stayed about the same or maybe even went up a little during the first week of P2, but then dropped the second week and continued a bit into P3. Maybe your body just needs a bit more time to make the downward adjustment.
Also, you should probably try to retain the proper amount of protein at each meal -- I don't think that's going to be the culprit. In fact, I found that eating less protein just made be hungrier later ... hungrier for bad things!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
CenTX -- is this your first or second week of P2? My weight stayed about the same or maybe even went up a little during the first week of P2, but then dropped the second week and continued a bit into P3. Maybe your body just needs a bit more time to make the downward adjustment.
Also, you should probably try to retain the proper amount of protein at each meal -- I don't think that's going to be the culprit. In fact, I found that eating less protein just made be hungrier later ... hungrier for bad things!
Same for me - I think it's important to follow P2 & P3 as indicated, not try to go under. Your body will balance out CenTX.
Welcome to the first few months of maintenance and going OCD over every up and down pound. Believe me, I'm there with you. I continue though to have breakthroughs and trusting my body more and more to tell me what it needs and stay steady.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you ladies! Please keep talking off the ledge.

When my coach left for vacation, I got the "you'll be in the 140's by the time I get back. 9 days into P2 and I am 2.5lbs above goal and can't seem to shake those darn extra pounds. My calories on P2 have increased to around 1000 per day which is why I reduced the amount of protein today at lunch. Testing if I have my old amount of P1 calories if I could get some kind of movement on the scale!

This is SO stressful! Sorry for freaking out...
Old 06-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #97  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Sorry to hear about hubby's diagnosis, Sue. Hoping that the oncologist can give you both some better news with treatment options. Stay positive, and well done on staying strong.

I am struggling to get back to protocol. It seems that just as I am ready something else hits.

Keep on truckin' CenTX, you will get there. Body obviously feels like it needs to stabilise itself before it continues a downward path.

Congrats on the milestone, Alexandra, Woot Woot, and sorry to be late with the grats.

To anyone whose news I missed, I'm sorry. Haven't been online except for email update checks but I hope to be back more regularly soon.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #98  

Amanda welcome back - I’m sure once you get settled back and your body is rested up it will be clear what to do next.

CenTx freak away - these next few months are going to be freaky sometimes - better to let to let the freak happen and stay on track then just shrug the shoulders and go back to old habits. You can come into my room with me and scream sometimes. Slowly but surely though I’m sorting it all out, and still hovering within the same 5 lbs for 6 months now….
Girl you’re 5’8” and 150 - just stay right around there and you’ll be golden.
It’s taking me some time to figure out how to adjust everything, what effects what, etc. - but the trial and error time is worth it.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

First of all you guys are the best dont know what I would do without you all. You guys are my lifeline! I will get thru this....Maybe DH can be cancer free and I can be at goal at the same time LOL double reason to celebrate...

I am planning to take this day by day...I have already lived 2 days in the hospital with my food in tow. I know how to pack and plan. I need to remember that thru all this with Hubby I am important too... Even if I have to have an extra packet or bar some days to get me thru.....I can do this.

And extra motivation is my closet is now filled with size 14's...I cant get fat again LOL... I dont think walking around naked is an option! LOL

WI yesterday at my weird time and I was down 1/2 of the pound I gained last week... So not to bad. Next week I had to change my time to as hubby has a PET scheduled for Tuesday at my WI time... Was hoping to see the 180's by my 1 year anniversary (june 30) but not thinking that will happen. It's OK, I have come a long way in a year and I am hoping that because I am losing slow, I will not gain back!
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Sue - seriously you're a rockstar!!

CenTxChk - please keep sharing your freakouts! I know that sounds weird but I know the rest of us are on our way there, and your experiences will help, as well as the fabulous advice you get.

Down almost 2 this week, which takes care of the bauble from last week. Ugh! My coach and I talked more about goals and percentages, she said of course the losses will be slow from here, maybe 2 a week, which is good because she wants the losses that will stick. While we are focusing more on the percentages, we are narrowing in on a scale # which may look something like 165-170? We are going to see where I am at 175 and re-evaluate. She thinks I may be in phase 2 or 3 by the time we go on vacation in mid-August!

Edited to add - just an FYI since the subject of body fat % keeps coming up, my coach wants me right about 30%, which she says is optimal for my height and age (43).

Last edited by JJTx; 06-10-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

CenTXChk, you body will certainly go through an adjustment as it phases off, keep an eye on it, but don't stress! (Easier said than done I know )

Amanda, you are strong and determined and will get back on plan in no time!

JJTx, and Sue, yay for losses big and small

I posted about taking a parka class a while back and I can finally say it's done! We only had class once a week and I'm an novice, so I think I did pretty good. And just in time for summer though with the weather we've been having I may just need it yet! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image-1.jpg (35.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 06-10-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: trying to add image
Old 06-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #102  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

Edited to add - just an FYI since the subject of body fat % keeps coming up, my coach wants me right about 30%, which she says is optimal for my height and age (43).
That's a good BF% to aim for. It's where I was at 155 and I felt and looked good. I was starting to look a little "scrawny" around the face and skeletal on the chest. I think it's important to be objective about how you look, as much as what the scale says, and this kind of diet and strong goals can lead to too much of a swing to the other side of eating disorders.

I love that your coach is so involved and keeping you in a realistic place for health, rather than just focusing on numbers.

You're doing so well, and I love seeing you 100% focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post

I posted about taking a parka class a while back and I can finally say it's done! We only had class once a week and I'm an novice, so I think I did pretty good. And just in time for summer though with the weather we've been having I may just need it yet! lol
Wow, that is beautiful. The sort of parka I would love to wear in a cold climate. How many weeks was it, and did you do the embroidery on the back as well? I am envious of your skills.

First day back at the gym. Because I know I am carb fueled I upped some of the weights and feel rather jello-like in the legs. It feels great to be back to moving and eating properly.

One of the things I noticed is that the old stomach issues had made a strong return - the bloating, gas, pain, overeating to nausea stage and that I had started to feel sluggish and reluctant to get up and do anything physical.

It's a great reminder of why we eat healthy options, that's for sure.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Amanda, I did add hand embroidery to the back and pockets (which are mostly hidden by the fur). We've had eight classes in the last 10 weeks, but I did a lot of the work out of class as there was a lot of redoing, and my first attempt at embroidery added to the work

And great job getting back into your workouts, hopefully they will help you get back into routine and the food will follow

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 06-10-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 06-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #104  

Thought this was a good blog post to add to the "what is my goal weight" discussion: http://www.refusetoregain.com/2015/0...al-weight.html

and also about BMI: http://www.refusetoregain.com/2015/0...r-tyranny.html

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-10-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

DD - your parka is so pretty!! And you made it, which as a non-sewer I find amazing!

Amber - thanks for the links! Pretty similar to the discussion my coach and I had this morning, she's much more focused on my other #'s. According to BMI, my "ideal" range is like 121-163 -- there is no way in heck that I should weigh 120 pounds, that's ridiculous!

You would think that the BMI scale would lose favor, since it seems like more and more medical professionals agree it's not realistic.
Closed Thread