Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Hello everyone.
First time here, and just wanted to introduce myself.

I only recently hear about IP (a friend’s success got me looking into it)… I started IP at the end of April, and I’m happy to say it’s working. No dramatic losses, just losing slowly, but that’s OK. I’ve decided to aim for an Average of 2 lb/week, and if I can do that, good on me!
Like so many of you, I’ve started and stopped so many “diets”, couldn’t seem to stick with any of them. Not sure why this one fits, but so far, I’m finding it pretty easy to stick with.

I don’t have any questions yet, (but I’m sure I will have) and of course I’m new to all this, but hope I can contribute as well as time goes on.
Welcome aboard! You ask the question that may of us do...why does IP work so well. I truly think this plan saved my life! I also think I was ready to embrace the change when I started...that is 1/2 the battle. Good luck in your journey. I read almost every board in the beginning and then settled on a few threads here...Lots of great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Nekkid CenTxChk -- now there is a graphic image that can only bring a smile to my heart!!!! I love your positive attitude, and you make me more determined to get to the point in my journey where you are today!

Be grateful for a .6 loss - that's more than half a pound and at this point, so close to goal, you could be having a zero movement on the scale, or even an uptick. Down is good, no matter how slight!

Your planning for P2 and 2 weeks of it sounds like an excellent approach - I think the addition of chicken to my usual lunch salad would be the fairly normal choice for me too. Shrimp is another option - the bags of frozen shrimp from the grocery store are not bad tasting, and they are pretty portable if you carry your lunch to work. And of course hard boiled eggs and the packet tuna are other portable options.

When I go to the office, I go to a downtown cafe that has an extensive hot food bar and salad bar with grilled chicken, roast turkey, and sometimes ham in addition to grilled veggies and fresh unadulterated salad ingredients. On the days that I telework (now 3 or 4 days a week) I have the flexibility of home prep.... but I can tell you right now -- working from home is WAY TOO CLOSE TO THE KITCHEN!!!!! it's much harder to avoid the continuous hungries that arise simply from proximity to the fridge!
As you know I work from home a lot...those are my worst days LOL... I almost feel like I need to sit in the basement with my laptop far far away from the kitchen. Having a split level house I feel like no matter where I work, the kitchen is always close...Maybe I need to buy a mansion and work in the right wing and have the kitchen in the left wing Oh and while I am dreaming maybe my housekeeper can fetch me my food LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
So my mom went in for a hernia operation fourteen days ago, that went well but she started having trouble breathing... In investigating that they found a tumor in her lung and the results came back today that it is cancer. They can't tell what stage it is and they want her to heal from the surgery anywhere from three to six months before doing any treatments for the cancer. I am getting all the information from my brother who lives with our mother in San Diego. I don't have any experience with cancer but it just doesn't sound good to wait up to six months for treatment. (big sad confused face)

Yep that was my day, sorry.
So sorry about this! It is very hard to wait. One has some great resources that she gave me too I am in a similar situation with hubby. It helps to educate yourself...good luck!

Back to work in the office for me today thank god! Have not been in since last week. I have a ton of paperwork to get thru. It is also my only day in the office this week since Monday was a holiday.

Lost another pound this week...that makes 4 weeks of no gains for me..maybe my body likes being under 200 LOL took me long enough to get there. Coming up on my 1 year anniversary with IP on June 30. Could not be happier with the results. Amazing what one can accomplish in a year.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #17  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

To all the Texas People: Glad to read you are all safe. I have family in Austin, and they are posting pictures everyday of the mess. What a mess! The most important thing is that everyone remains safe.

MntRose: So sorry to hear about your mom. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, so I understand the stress of the big "C" in a loved-one. I'm not an expert. Radiation and chemo are super hard on the body and if your mom isn't healed from the surgery, she could suffer severe consequences from any treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Hello everyone.
First time here, and just wanted to introduce myself.

I only recently hear about IP (a friend’s success got me looking into it)… I started IP at the end of April, and I’m happy to say it’s working. No dramatic losses, just losing slowly, but that’s OK. I’ve decided to aim for an Average of 2 lb/week, and if I can do that, good on me!
Like so many of you, I’ve started and stopped so many “diets”, couldn’t seem to stick with any of them. Not sure why this one fits, but so far, I’m finding it pretty easy to stick with.

I’m so glad I found the 3FC forum.
I’ve been meaning to post sooner, but I’ve been taking my time, reading through so many of the posts here…my gosh, there is so much great information here. And RECIPES! Thanks you to everyone who so generously has shared. I’ve learned a lot, tried a few recipes, started a list of “more to try”.

I must say, what a nice group of people you all are…the overall impression I have from reading the forum is such a feeling of generosity and genuine concern for each other, you all seem to genuinely celebrate each others successes, and offer help and advice through struggles.

I don’t have any questions yet, (but I’m sure I will have) and of course I’m new to all this, but hope I can contribute as well as time goes on.
Welcome! I love this forum. I talk to my coach about things from here all the time.

As for me: My first weigh-in back from my vacation phase off and I lost 5 lbs! Yay! I have to admit, I am ready to be finished with the diet, BUT I'd never stop until I reach my goal. I am just ready to learn to eat truly healthy like all you awesome maintenance folks.

Wishing everyone a super week.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

What a crazy couple of weeks its been! Congrats everyone on your weight losses! Slow weight loss for me, but still a loss!
Had to attend a High School banquet last night and was super worried about food, but the culinary students did it and it was chicken breasts!!! Yay!!!
My hubby was awarded the HS Teacher of the year! Super proud of him! he's had an amazing year!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

MntRose - I'm so sorry about your mother! cancer sucks
Oneuh2's suggestions for support forums sound like a good place to start. Also, please don't apologize! If we can help and be a support for you, then vent away!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 284/250/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm nearing the end of week two. I was feeling pretty darn good over the weekend and was past the initial fatigue. Now I'm pooped and I've had a headache for the past two days. I tried some salt, and it KINDA helped, but still there. Wondering if this is typical when your friend comes to visit every month...? It's about that time.
Also, is it ok to take advil?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilaws View Post
I'm nearing the end of week two. I was feeling pretty darn good over the weekend and was past the initial fatigue. Now I'm pooped and I've had a headache for the past two days. I tried some salt, and it KINDA helped, but still there. Wondering if this is typical when your friend comes to visit every month...? It's about that time.
TOM can definitely affect you (also just as an over-share when I started IP I went two weeks on, two weeks off for the first couple of months)! If you're feeling crummy, take some Advil.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #22  
Positeva!

S/C/G: 160ish/160ish/125ish

Height: 5'6"

I am just starting on my 'weight loss' journey...I guess I am looking for not just a way to lose weight, but to enjoy life and accept that I need to be more aware of what I eat.
I had done some online research about the Ideal Plan. A lot of what I read stated that it was a very restrictive diet, hard to stay the course.
Feeling a bit confused and trying to determine if the cost is worth it.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cananwill30 View Post
I am just starting on my 'weight loss' journey...I guess I am looking for not just a way to lose weight, but to enjoy life and accept that I need to be more aware of what I eat.
I had done some online research about the Ideal Plan. A lot of what I read stated that it was a very restrictive diet, hard to stay the course.
It is very restrictive, but once you get past the first few weeks it really isn't that hard. You figure out what you like and get a few basic meals you can always rely on. You learn what and how to order when eating out so that you don't have to miss out on social occasions (no drinking though).

For me, the restrictivness is what keeps me committed though. A cheat with high carb foods will mess up ketosis. Knowing the science and how that affects fat loss on this plan, keeps me from straying a little, which in turn keeps me from my usual "I've blown it for the day anyway" mentality.

IP definitely makes you more aware of what you are eating. If done properly, that awareness will carry over into maintenance and keep you at your goal weight.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:

I'm just new to IP as well, 4 weeks in, and the first few weeks, I felt a bit like that. Thought for sure I'd be cheating. Guess what? I haven't been, actually haven't even been tempted (and I had a killer sweet tooth!!)
What helped me was reading these forums, lots of great advice and encouragement, ideas on what to eat, great recipes.
Hang in there, try new things.
What helps me a lot is planning my meals. I like the structure of the plan, it keeps me on track.
Yes, it is expensive. But I look at it this way...I could spend $1000 on 'fat lady' clothes (which I will hate anyway) or I could spend $1000 on a thinner, healthier body which I will love and make me feel great!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 284/250/150

Height: 5'5"

JJTx, thanks for the info! Glad to know I'm not just falling apart.

Last edited by kiwilaws; 05-27-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 PM   #26  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I wanted to thank everyone who responded yesterday, it was really appreciated and I am looking at those web sites One gave me. Thank you for those dear.

Had my weigh in today and not sure how much having no sleep might have affected me but lost 0.6 of a pound and honestly really happy to see the scale move in the right direction!

I hope everyone has a great day and that strength and love finds us all.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:24 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilaws View Post
Take the advil....I lived on it the first 2 weeks I detoxed LOL...

Quote:
I had wondered the same too when I started last year....well look at my photos and my stats and make your decision. Yes it is super restrictive and yes you need to figure out how to work that into your life, but It is so so worth it. I am so proud of what I have accomplished..and I had 2 weddings, 2 vacations away from home and countless dinners out for work and play and I did just fine. I actually lost weight on both of my vacations and one of them was 10 days in Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I wanted to thank everyone who responded yesterday, it was really appreciated and I am looking at those web sites One gave me. Thank you for those dear.

Had my weigh in today and not sure how much having no sleep might have affected me but lost 0.6 of a pound and honestly really happy to see the scale move in the right direction!

I hope everyone has a great day and that strength and love finds us all.
Great job with the WL...

I have another busy on the road day so time to go get my meals together and pack my cooler...LOL.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 AM   #28  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I'm going through some stress...nothing earth shattering. We got a new, 65 lb dog to add to our new small boys, two cats, and fish (two tanks). My husband is out of town for the day and night, and I am stressed about this huge dog and taking him out tonight and the housetraining and the obsession with my cats! Goodness! And guess what? I am craving carbs big time. Crazy! I have been doing IP since January and have lost almost 50 pounds. But today I want some pizza and some gummy candy and peanut butter. I'm not going to have any of that stuff...I am all set with my IP stuff here at work. I just noticed that the added stress affected my hunger.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I'm going through some stress...nothing earth shattering. We got a new, 65 lb dog to add to our new small boys, two cats, and fish (two tanks). My husband is out of town for the day and night, and I am stressed about this huge dog and taking him out tonight and the housetraining and the obsession with my cats! Goodness! And guess what? I am craving carbs big time. Crazy! I have been doing IP since January and have lost almost 50 pounds. But today I want some pizza and some gummy candy and peanut butter. I'm not going to have any of that stuff...I am all set with my IP stuff here at work. I just noticed that the added stress affected my hunger.
You can make something close to gummy candy with the raspberry or cherry jelly, any of the alternative jellys, or unflavored gelatin and water flavoring like Mio. You dilute with far less water and cut into cubes once firm. Similar to Jello Jigglers but denser. I think I even saw someone pour it into little molds so that it was cute shapes.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #30  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
You can make something close to gummy candy with the raspberry or cherry jelly, any of the alternative jellys, or unflavored gelatin and water flavoring like Mio. You dilute with far less water and cut into cubes once firm. Similar to Jello Jigglers but denser.
I think it's time for me to make Gummies again. Something is causing a terrible sweet tooth lately and I am not usually a sweet tooth person!! - except with fresh fruit and we can't have that anyway.
Closed Thread